Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

D.N. Nation posted:

Muschamp's best season (9 wins, NYD bowl win over Michigan, finished second in a reaaally down SEC East) should be the reasonable goal for Beamer IMO

e: speaking of SCAR,
https://twitter.com/Rivals/status/1354837299394174978?s=20

gunner stockton
stockton gunner

it’s a stretch but it kinda works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

displaying diplomas is stupid as poo poo

Why is it stupid to display something you worked hard on and are proud of?

Not trying to pick a fight, genuinely curious, never heard someone give a strong opinion on such a niche topic

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

TipTow posted:

Not trying to pick a fight, genuinely curious, never heard someone give a strong opinion on such a niche topic

:ssh: a diploma killed his family

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

TipTow posted:

I don't think it's stupid but to me it's got douchey overtones, just because of how ridiculous I've seen people get about them.

I'm proud of mine, but I gave it to my folks to hang up in their house. I'm fine with an alumni coffee mug and a semi-ironic feeling of superiority to other Alabama fans.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

GD_American posted:

I don't think it's stupid but to me it's got douchey overtones, just because of how ridiculous I've seen people get about them.

I'm proud of mine, but I gave it to my folks to hang up in their house. I'm fine with an alumni coffee mug and a semi-ironic feeling of superiority to other Alabama fans.

Yeah I'm more or less with you. Mine and my wife's are framed and hanging in our home office, but (pre-Covid) I wasn't bringing visitors into the room to be all like HEY I WENT TO COLLEGE Y'ALL. Maybe that's what Declan was more getting at.

I'm glad I shrugged off my sincere smugness toward tshirt fans over the years. Tshirt fans fill stadiums.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

...James Franklin?

Why on Earth would he take the UT job, fat stacks of cash or no

Penn State is rear end, my dude

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Idk I wouldnt hang my degree in Kinesiology because who cares but I definitely see why lawyers, doctors and the like do.

My boss that has his degree in poly sci from kennesaw state in his office is a little ridiculous.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

My boss that has his degree in poly sci from kennesaw state in his office is a little ridiculous.

Why do you think so? Would it be ridiculous for your boss to have a picture of a memorable event hanging in their office? That's largely why our diplomas are hanging in ours, just another way to reminisce about a cool and fun time in our lives.

Of course you know your boss better than I. Maybe he is trying to rub it in people's faces he got a degree in poly poli sci from Kennesaw State.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I guess because it’s not relevant to his career/job, he’s a sales manager, which is why I think you’d hang your degree in your office.

Hanging it at home sure go nuts

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Penn State is rear end, my dude

Tennessee is turboass, my dude

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah well you’re twin-turboass!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Imagine being a quarterback with the first name Gunner and not being the baddest motherfucker in town.

You better be a QB or a radicalized teenager who goes and kills someone during a protest. (Or both)

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Imagine being a quarterback with the first name Gunner and not being the baddest motherfucker in town.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
My diploma is still in the same envelope it was mailed it. My trophy for drinking all 150 beers at The Old Fashioned Restaurant and Tavern (over the course of a year+) is on top of my bookshelf.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/TIinClemson/status/1354898032794468352?s=20

Gotta take that shot, I guess...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

UCF, on the other hand...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

UCF, on the other hand...

If he does go, I hope he has a better first season than Scott did at USF :\

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Is this supposed to be a dunk on us? (Not from you, from Tiger Illustrated.) I thought it was known by now that we'd gauged his interest early in the process and that it was nonexistent, but maybe I'm just thinking of message board rumors. I dearly wish someone -- anyone -- could get Clemson's top assistants to leave, but it seems impossible. And no, I'm not counting Jeff Scott, because Tony Elliott is the truly important piece at OC and Scott's first season at USF kinda shows that.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

Is this supposed to be a dunk on us? (Not from you, from Tiger Illustrated.) I thought it was known by now that we'd gauged his interest early in the process and that it was nonexistent. I dearly wish someone -- anyone -- could get Clemson's top assistants to leave, but it seems impossible. And no, I'm not counting Jeff Scott, because Tony Elliott is the truly important piece at OC and Scott's first season at USF kinda shows that.

Maybe? Truth be told it's pretty rare that I actually dive in to stories from my twitter feed, especially from TigerNet and TigerIllustrated (who I don't even follow).

David Hale is pretty much the only SCar/Clemson news source I actually read.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/OleMissFB/status/1354841483086606341

look at this silly poo poo

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/247sports/status/1354886898997751813?s=21

Tennessee football is the greatest farce since the days of vaudeville

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

drat, who would have guessed that the incoming head coach wouldn’t want to retain the DC who just attempted a palace coup on the last coach he worked for.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

skaboomizzy posted:

Sweet deal if you can get in

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

YOLOsubmarine posted:

drat, who would have guessed that the incoming head coach wouldn’t want to retain the DC who just attempted a palace coup on the last coach he worked for.

That sounds like a head coach who doesn’t believe in himself to me

It’s like they say “if you won’t get in bed with a lion, you might be a lamb.”

General Dog fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 28, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RumbleFish posted:

. And no, I'm not counting Jeff Scott, because Tony Elliott is the truly important piece at OC and Scott's first season at USF kinda shows that.

I dunno if this is really a fair take away from one covid season especially when charlie strong left him a disaster to clean up

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

I dunno if this is really a fair take away from one covid season especially when charlie strong left him a disaster to clean up

Charlie Strong's career is just sad. Back to back 11 win seasons at Louisville and he goes on to lose to Kansas and wash out at USF

What happened, woof

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Charlie Strong's career is just sad. Back to back 11 win seasons at Louisville and he goes on to lose to Kansas and wash out at USF

What happened, woof

I think that was a case of a top-rate college QB making a mediocre head coach look good.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

MourningView posted:

That's definitely true and I'm not trying to declare the guy a bust already, but my Tiger buddies basically weren't concerned about him leaving, which was what spoke volumes to me. I'd be curious about Scarf's thoughts on that.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State backup QB Will Levis is entering the transfer portal with degree in hand and 3 years of eligibility remaining. Penn State is down to three scholarship quarterbacks, so hopefully they can get a transfer from somewhere. Sean Clifford is an alright QB who can get them to 10 wins if he plays within himself, but they're really not going to be competitive against Ohio State without a better QB.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

TipTow posted:

Yeah I'm more or less with you. Mine and my wife's are framed and hanging in our home office, but (pre-Covid) I wasn't bringing visitors into the room to be all like HEY I WENT TO COLLEGE Y'ALL. Maybe that's what Declan was more getting at.

I'm glad I shrugged off my sincere smugness toward tshirt fans over the years. Tshirt fans fill stadiums.

it's pretty much that; i think it's great to be a proud alumnus but credentialism is a plague. if you're in the job you're probably qualified and it doesn't really matter where you were before at the end of the day

in short definitely wear a penn state pullover but don't hang up your degree on the wall, imo

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

LLCoolJD posted:

I think that was a case of a top-rate college QB making a mediocre head coach look good.

Bridgewater was really good and after looking up Strong's record at Louisville I tend to agree. I thought he was there longer than 4 years. 3 of those were also in the big east.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Komet posted:

Penn State backup QB Will Levis is entering the transfer portal with degree in hand and 3 years of eligibility remaining. Penn State is down to three scholarship quarterbacks, so hopefully they can get a transfer from somewhere. Sean Clifford is an alright QB who can get them to 10 wins if he plays within himself, but they're really not going to be competitive against Ohio State without a better QB.
Just saw this, fuuuuuck

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I don't have my diploma up anywhere because I need to get a new version issued without my birth name on it and I've just been too lazy (like, for literal years) to deal with calling the bursar's office and supplying whatever documents and paying whatever fees and having it mailed, framed, etc. It'd be a nice thing to have, but seeing as I graduated over 10 years ago, I'm clearly not too pressed.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

How the hell is he already graduated with 3 years of eligibility left

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Joey Freshwater posted:

How the hell is he already graduated with 3 years of eligibility left

Grey shirt, followed by a red shirt year, one year that counts and a free COVID year?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

This makes no sense, if he’s not gonna be DC why wouldn’t they just keep him as an analyst like they hired him?

Or is it because he now has the interim HC title? Idk how contracts like that work.

Nystral posted:

Grey shirt, followed by a red shirt year, one year that counts and a free COVID year?

Ah yeah I keep forgetting this year doesn’t count

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

...James Franklin?

Why on Earth would he take the UT job, fat stacks of cash or no

No idea. I haven't heard a single thing on the PSU end about him even being offered. It's a move that would make zero sense for him whatsoever.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fifty Three posted:

Just saw this, fuuuuuck

who cares, he was really terrible. a full back playing qb

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

That's definitely true and I'm not trying to declare the guy a bust already, but my Tiger buddies basically weren't concerned about him leaving, which was what spoke volumes to me. I'd be curious about Scarf's thoughts on that.

Elliott was always the play-caller of the two, and Scott seemed to be more on the analysis side of things and letting Elliott know what was working and what wasn't.

So yeah, I def put more value on Elliott than Scott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted: