Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's absolutely going down down down right now so I'm eating my £40 loss along with some humble pie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

kecske posted:

it's absolutely going down down down right now so I'm eating my £40 loss along with some humble pie

Buy high, sell low.

If I was able to complete my account, I'd be down 300 pounds on AMC today.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's going back up again, pretty crazy but I think the likeliest outcome is still that some kind of US government handwaving occurs to make it all go away*

*into the hands of the hedge funds

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I was going to order food in but now I guess I'll see what's in the cupboards :mad:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Gasmask posted:

I bet my job is more boring than your job

I design how data is moved from point A in our company to point B in our company.

When describing my job to people in person, most of them are asleep before I finish that sentence.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh dear i freaked out at someone at work today who wouldn't shut up about how the nhs is bad blah blah blah poor people should all die poo poo and told him he was an idiot and should shut the gently caress up. do i have to post in dnd now?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Did that twat complain to HR?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Steakandchips posted:

Did that twat complain to HR?

oh no dont worry, im a 'self employed' deliveroo/uber worker so there's nothing like that. i just get to hang out with delusional poor people who hate poor people

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hemale in pain posted:

oh dear i freaked out at someone at work today who wouldn't shut up about how the nhs is bad blah blah blah poor people should all die poo poo and told him he was an idiot and should shut the gently caress up. do i have to post in dnd now?

Refuse the delivery for personal safety reasons

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

delusional poor people who hate poor people

"The reason I have so little is down to those guys who have even less!"

It's simultaneously sad and infuriating to hear, yes.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

hemale in pain posted:

Lol imagine a deliveroo rider of all people not getting that if they fall off their bike their probably going to want a decent NHS lol.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Also don't post in DnD ever.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm pretty popular and well respected there, I'll probably carry on.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Yeah sure all these people are dying but wouldn't it be great it we could all go to the pub again? makes you think

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't miss the pub really. Casual freedoms are quickly forgotten in pandome.

Lol just saw someone trudge past carrying their breakfast takeout from the village pub.

It's jeffing pouring and my pump has shattered.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

My test came back negative hurray.

So now I'm stuck with achy joints, an endless hacking cough and no sense of taste from some other bullshit illness that I either got from handling the post or while out for a run.

Still, I won't die on a ventilator, so it's not all bad.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i had no idea those delivery people mingled so much

i learn things itt

i like learnin!!!!!!! :coffeepal:

facts are my legal high!!!!!

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What do i tell my coworker whos decided this is the idea time to visit her bf on Plauge Island?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Baudolino posted:

What do i tell my coworker whos decided this is the idea time to visit her bf on Plauge Island?

This place is not a place of honor…
no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here…
nothing valued is here.
What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.
The danger is in a particular location… it increases toward a center… the center of danger is here… of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.
The danger is to the body, and it can kill.
The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
like love island but with nhs track and trace alerts

jordan and callum have to compete to get on the ventilator

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Baudolino posted:

Tell them "lol"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Mrs Boat had her first covid vaccine today and we're getting good internet installed in two weeks :toot:

Not sure which I'm more excited about

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Got tested at 10am and had a negative result at 10.30, pretty swish

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

el dingo posted:

Rapid antigen test?

A PCR thermocycle takes longer than that

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

el dingo posted:

Lateral flow? They do not work

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
It was lateral flow yeah. I don't have symptoms, it's just the council is doing them for free so I thought why not

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Lateral flow? They do not work

They do, they have just a higher false negative and positive rate. Used for regular mass testing they are super useful

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Baudolino posted:

show her this:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint...ingawful.com%2F

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mojo Jojo posted:

My test came back negative hurray.

So now I'm stuck with achy joints, an endless hacking cough and no sense of taste from some other bullshit illness that I either got from handling the post or while out for a run.

Still, I won't die on a ventilator, so it's not all bad.

Could just be regular old flu, but it sounds like COVID to me. I'd get another test tbh

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Never knew ratty was so long in the tooth.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mojo Jojo posted:

They do, they have just a higher false negative and positive rate. Used for regular mass testing they are super useful

My wife had 10 negatives in a row at work while she had it.

Then had 3 proper lab tests and they all came back positive.

(She works on covid ward)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Borat voice

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Wtf no Cheltenham.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i know an anecdote too

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Such a stupid argument that

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Bardeh posted:

Could just be regular old flu, but it sounds like COVID to me. I'd get another test tbh

My plan is to isolate anyway for the time being. I suppose I'll go for a second test if it's still hanging around early next week

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
So the email I got back regarding the lateral flow test says to keep following the guidelines (of course) and if you do get symptoms, theres a link to another test which I imagine is the more reliable lab one.

The centre is about a 30 minute walk away and took like 10 mins total. Wasnt nearly as unpleasant as some make it out to be, I slightly gagged on the tonsil swab and my eyes watered a bit with the nostril part but it was pretty minor. Figure I might as well get one every couple of weeks or so but I'm not about to go visit friends or anything off the back of negative results

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Sending corn a sexy message on ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i know an anecdote too
outrageous, please share