Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Master Stur posted:

The worst part of this will be the first week after the texans score their first points and the announcers or talking heads trying to make it sound like the texans came back from extreme adversity, the new gm and coach had a rough start and its so impressive, then they lose anyways and none of them address how avoidable it all was

Yeah there was a pretty cool David Johnson redemption arc that lasted until approximately until the fourth quarter of Week One last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

This is just them driving up the price.

The next leak will be from the Watson camp about how he's happy to sit all year if that's what they want or some such.

Players vs Teams driving the price up and down to try and get what they want.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
it'll be fine, deshaun watson will heal his relationship with jack easterby by getting publicly shamed and repenting

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

The first thing I thought of was David Schwimmer's character in Band of Brothers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh no, someone is nervous doing something they hadn't done before. Better start saying how lovely he is.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I hope he succeeds because gently caress the haters. But also that he fails because gently caress the Eagles.

This is a dilemma.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh no, someone is nervous doing something they hadn't done before. Better start saying how lovely he is.

- Eagles fan in denial after his 13th straight loss

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

seiferguy posted:

25% of fans still plan on attending a super bowl party based on a survey from WaPo.

Extremely dumb considering the Super Bowl is one of the most available broadcasts in America!

My father's health has been in steady decline for the last decade and I've always made it a point to watch the game with him until this year. He's constantly bouncing between hospitals and convalescent homes these days and it's a miracle he managed to get vaccinated before catching Covid. I am extremely upset at not getting to visit this year. His birthday is only a few days before too. :smith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Magicpants posted:

it'll be fine, deshaun watson will heal his relationship with jack easterby by getting publicly shamed and repenting

Can't wait to watch a fully nude Deshaun Watson walk down the street in houston with JJ Watt behind him chanting "shame"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
good lord do I literally saw on a huge dolphins board this guy claim HE wouldnt trade Tua for Watson, straight up, in attack of DESISSY WATSON and his ME FIRST attitude, and the team should point to his no trade clause and honor his contract. Yup, somehow, someway, someone has decided that NO TRADE CLAUSES are actually FOR THE TEAM.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Intruder posted:

Yeah, I'm done. Since the only team that's on TV every week other than the Texans is the Cowboys and I'll never be a Cowboys fan, I'll just be a part time NFL watcher until McNair sells the team

there's never a bad time to start pirating games with good teams in them

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jfowlerespn/status/1355280011549437955?s=21

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

The Rams have no first round pick this year and Jared Goff to get off their books. What on earth would they give up? Maybe this is just a Rams leak to try to drive the price up for the 49ers.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FizFashizzle posted:

Can't wait to watch a fully nude Deshaun Watson walk down the street in houston with JJ Watt behind him chanting "shame" "cracker!"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Professor Funk posted:

The Rams have no first round pick this year and Jared Goff to get off their books. What on earth would they give up? Maybe this is just a Rams leak to try to drive the price up for the 49ers.

Goff for Stafford straight up, because Detroit

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Professor Funk posted:

It would probably be Goff and a 2022 1st. New regimes usually never draft a QB in year 0 anyways, most GMs/Coaches like to get a feel for the roster first.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

It would probably be Goff and a 2022 1st. New regimes usually never draft a QB in year 0 anyways, most GMs/Coaches like to get a feel for the roster first.

Thats because they usually dont have this luxury. Rams likely screwed themselves from being in any meaningful discussion for Stafford or Watson. Assuming of course the Stafford market is as hot as Im being led to believe. Colts #1 has to be the most realistic price.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

I don't even want to learn this man's name. Can we just fast forward to next off-season when him, Carson and Howie all leave?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm going to bring in, um, a system, so I can shut off my brain

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Thats because they usually dont have this luxury. Rams likely screwed themselves from being in any meaningful discussion for Stafford or Watson. Assuming of course the Stafford market is as hot as Im being led to believe. Colts #1 has to be the most realistic price.

Colts 1st rounder is 21st overall. I think the Rams could find some package of players and future picks that would offering similar value, don't forget that the Lions GM and assistant was with the Rams last year so they have a relationship with the Rams and some of their players.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Don't take this from me, I'm going to will a new Rams QB into existence so I don't need to post "I have full confidence in Jared Goff" 25 times next year again.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Colts 1st rounder is 21st overall. I think the Rams could find some package of players and future picks that would offering similar value, don't forget that the Lions GM and assistant was with the Rams last year so they have a relationship with the Rams and some of their players.

What kinda package could they do? That’s where I’m Struggling. You can’t give up MORE future picks outside of maybe the 2022 first. You’re already stuck in that regard.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's a system. I'm bringing in a system. It's very system-y. In fact it's one of the most drat systems you've ever seen.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
its 2021 bro, we're about tearing down the system now

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Goff and Stafford are in somewhat similar situations in that both their teams have seen enough. I'm not certain the entire league is as down on Goff as much as the general football watching public is. While I think a straight up trade is out of the question, I'm not really sure the value difference is a considerable amount. Goff + low 1st or even high 2nd for Stafford wouldn't be shocking at all.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

What kinda package could they do? That’s where I’m Struggling. You can’t give up MORE future picks outside of maybe the 2022 first. You’re already stuck in that regard.

They have a 2nd and 3 3rd rounders this year, I don't know the Lions roster exactly but I think the Rams could include their starting RT Rob Havenstein, RB Darrell Henderson, I would imagine even TE Tyler Higbee would be available. If the Rams think that Stafford is so much better than Goff that he could make them a top ten offense again I wouldn't take any options off the table.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Goff and Stafford are in somewhat similar situations in that both their teams have seen enough. I'm not certain the entire league is as down on Goff as much as the general football watching public is. While I think a straight up trade is out of the question, I'm not really sure the value difference is a considerable amount. Goff + low 1st or even high 2nd for Stafford wouldn't be shocking at all.

I don't think Goff is bad enough to get the Osweiler treatment just yet, I definitely think if they had another QB on the roster that could start they could talk a team into a 5th or a 6th for a season of Goff. I do think the relationship between McVay and Goff has soured to a point where they are either going to be at odds for the whole season or they need to move on. McVay clearly wants to change the offensive gameplan week to week to exploit opponents and Goff isn't comfortable with anything outside of PA passes and bootlegs.

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 30, 2021

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Jared Goof

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jared Goff is Nick Foles with an unremarkable dick

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
System of a Down (Year for the Eagles)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is Tyrod going to be available with Herbert's emergence, or are they keeping him around as a backup?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Is Tyrod going to be available with Herbert's emergence, or are they keeping him around as a backup?

As far as educated guesses go, you have to figure there's a decent shot he follow Lynn to Detroit.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/ZEUS__78/status/1355289499631288328

welp. who needs a LT that still has a couple years left on the rookie deal?

some more context, JLC is a kinda dubious of as source tho

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1355298492521082880

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 30, 2021

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Come to me Orlando

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AndrewP posted:

Uh, yeah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

R.D. Mangles posted:

I would say he's 99% headed to Detroit.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I would say he's 99% headed to Detroit.

wrong he will be a Chicago Bear.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i bet you scoundrels and rapscallions would find it funny in an offseason where like 35% of starting quarterbacks in the NFL including some very big stars all change teams and the bears somehow with all of that somehow manage to start the 2021 season with mitch under center again, i bet you sickos would find that very amusing well guess what it's not funny at all.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

i bet you scoundrels and rapscallions would find it funny in an offseason where like 35% of starting quarterbacks in the NFL including some very big stars all change teams and the bears somehow with all of that somehow manage to start the 2021 season with mitch under center again, i bet you sickos would find that very amusing well guess what it's not funny at all.

I'm actually laughing right now. Out loud.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
triboosky is the future bay-bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

The NVP is nothing to joke about