Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mystes posted:

Thank you but it turned out the moral was actually "people in this thread are dumb and just making poo poo up."

that is very frequently true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

kitten emergency posted:

trump literally spent a couple months inciting a riot and siege of the capitol and his fanclub literally tried to murder the vice president, senate, and house and he's going to loving skate on it. this country is doomed lol

even in light of poo poo like this, you’re still right.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/pelosimorning/status/1353320897998954497?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:sun:

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Nevergirls posted:

It was literally his first two executive orders, but it turns out the executive branch is not all-powerful. He managed to get a lot of prisoners transferred out. McConnell gave a few speeches about keeping it open IIRC.

Even when congress is onboard, institutional inertia is a hell of a thing. Take, for example, the mandatory minimum sentence threshold for cocaine possession being increased from 50g to 280g in 2010:

those charts are wild, where are they from?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

raminasi posted:

those charts are wild, where are they from?

america

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

it’s a waste of money to pay lawyers when half the jury is in your pocket

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao he's anti q because he couldn't get in on the qanon influencer grift early on.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/binchbus/status/1355616389638156292

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I always regret asking this but what is that photo?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Truman Peyote posted:

I always regret asking this but what is that photo?

:barf: posted:

Amanda Gorman is not the only breakout star to have emerged from the inauguration as the fashion world’s latest influencer-in-waiting.

One week after the Miu Miu coat she wore at President Biden’s swearing in went viral, Ella Emhoff, the 21-year-old stepdaughter of Vice President Kamala Harris, became the newest face at IMG Models, one of the world’s most prestigious modeling agencies. Along with Ms. Gorman, who also signed with IMG, the agency works with such famous faces as Karlie Kloss, Alek Wek and Ashley Graham.

“It’s not really about shape, size or gender any more,” said Ivan Bart, the president of IMG Models, noting that what brands are attracted to, and what consumers want, is authenticity. “Ella communicates this moment in time. There’s a cheekiness and a joy she exudes.”

And, he said, when he saw her at the swearing in, he thought, “Wow, she’s communicating fashion.”

Ms. Emhoff’s decision to work with IMG reflects both her own interest in design — she is a senior at Parsons School of Design in New York, where she is studying fine arts with a focus on textiles — and the growing importance of the brand ambassador when it comes to marketing products.
It also speaks to the fashion world’s growing embrace of the Biden administration, with its focus on diversity and empathy, after four antagonistic years with the Trump administration. In 2016, some designers publicly stated that they would not dress Melania Trump because of her association with her husband’s policies; now they are once again in Washington’s thrall.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

your friendly neighborhood fbi agent and "journalist" are here to tell you to beware healthcare offered by the inscrutable oriental who is only trying to their grubby mitts on your precious bodily fluids so that they can use artificial intelligence to design a genetically engineered plague to wipe the white man from the earth

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1356037082037235713

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 1, 2021

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Oneiros posted:

you friendly neighborhood fbi agent and "journalist" are here to tell you to beware healthcare offered by the inscrutable oriental who is only trying to their grubby mitts on your precious bodily fluids so that they can use artificial intelligence to design a genetically engineered plague to wipe the white man from the earth

health care crack addicts you say

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

can't wait for biden's war on healthcare

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

thanks, guess I'll live the rest of my life being aware of this now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Oneiros posted:

your friendly neighborhood fbi agent and "journalist" are here to tell you to beware healthcare offered by the inscrutable oriental who is only trying to their grubby mitts on your precious bodily fluids so that they can use artificial intelligence to design a genetically engineered plague to wipe the white man from the earth

Weird how poor countries have to turn to China since people like Bill Gates have privatized the vaccine and the WTO actively enforces patents on it.

Apr 7, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Anime appears to be very bad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Oneiros posted:

i want to punch this dude in the throat. fbi simps report away

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

the library by my place has\had the whole shelf of 20th century boys manga, try that poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fMWguYVME

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Tori why are you posting anime

Apr 7, 2003

If Elfen Lied is busted otaku poo poo, I am broke as hell, I did the anime in one sitting and I'm absolutely gonna mainline the manga.

Apr 7, 2003

Gimme that murder girl poo poo, sign me up right now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it's solid and OG yospos crew has settled on the take that blind anime haters are just racist. Racist mods will probe me for this to try to cover their tracks; if they don't, they're trying to fit in.

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

it's solid and OG yospos crew has settled on the take that blind anime haters are just racist. Racist mods will probe me for this to try to cover their tracks; if they don't, they're trying to fit in.

Gimme that girl who murders my dad for daring to talk poo poo to her.

I'm ready.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
anime is a spectrum

Apr 7, 2003

eschaton posted:

Tori why are you posting anime

I'm 100% in on this

It's so grotesque Smoka wont sign up

Gimme the loving numbers, let's gooooo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

If Elfen Lied is busted otaku poo poo, I am broke as hell, I did the anime in one sitting and I'm absolutely gonna mainline the manga.

cartoons are for kids

Apr 7, 2003

The Fool posted:

cartoons are for kids

gently caress you

Give me the murder cartoons

let's gooooo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Tori becoming an anime guy would make him way too powerful of a poster for the pos imho.

Apr 7, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Tori becoming an anime guy would make him way too powerful of a poster for the pos imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyW1niYvcM

GIMME THE MURDER CARTOONS

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

gently caress you

Give me the murder cartoons

let's gooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gypRfMb3_PM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Fool posted:

cartoons are for kids

9/10 yosposters would go in front of a firing squad if animatrix was on the line

tldr this is a forum full of racist hypocrites

Apr 7, 2003

I DON'T GIVE A gently caress

GIVE ME MURDER GIRLS

SEND ME THE MURDER GIRL ANIMES

I WANT MALADJUSTED MURDER 24/7
GIVE IT TO ME

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
at least get probed for something good tori I beg you

Apr 7, 2003

YESSSS

Apr 7, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

at least get probed for something good tori I beg you

I AM HORNY AS gently caress FOR MISS LUCY

KILL EVERYONE I HOLD DEAR AND MAKE ME THANK YOU FOR IT

MMMMMMMGMGHGHGHGYESSSSSSSS

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lmao

Apr 7, 2003

I'm not bullshitting btw, this anime definitely figured out my brain problems and is poking them hard enough for me to buy all the manga. This is not a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Smoka said this poo poo is for maladjusted losers and I am absolutely a maladjusted loser