Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah. In total I would not recommend this DLC. It had some charming scenes and some clever puzzles, and there was one DLC vault which is really creative and fun, but overall it felt like work. I guess I liked the exploration aspects of the game way more than the vaults. Especially if you have to do them one after another. All of those are quite long and there are about 25 of those and not much else. Quite unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

omg chael crash posted:

I really like this game but that is the exact opposite of what I want

yeah. i am just gonna wait for the chinese one and the diablo clone dlc.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i am just gonna wait for the chinese one and the diablo clone dlc.

Are you referring to something that's been announced?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Are you referring to something that's been announced?

Yep.

Here's the youtube trailer for all three of the planned DLC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVVWOuug7E8

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey, how do I turn off the notifications from the ubi online bullshit?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

cant cook creole bream posted:

Basically, if you want more vault-puzzles this DLC is for you.
I did that quest area and was so glad it was only a preview for DLC I will never buy

Rinkles posted:

I'm surprised I have no desire to return to the game after taking an extended break.
I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I am and it's all very charming but it kinda feels like one of those games which will also do that to me. Reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning which had so much content I got burned out by the time I got past the first zone

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I am and it's all very charming but it kinda feels like one of those games which will also do that to me. Reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning which had so much content I got burned out by the time I got past the first zone
this happened sooner than expected.

one complaint is that the open world is pretty but also so lush that it doesn't allow things to catch my eye because there's wavy and sparkly poo poo all over the place. I can see how something like BOTW being more sparse and less colorful actually works better, because you're able to notice new things in the distance instead of being distracted by eight million shiny bits of scenery waving in your face

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

So I completed the DLC the other day, and for the most part it was forgettable puzzles (some of which legitimately stumped me for a minute), but the hidden vault (unlocked when you get all the items for Hermes' quest) was actually a lot of fun. It's twelve mini-puzzles in one vault, and you could tell the devs were just having fun with it. There's one that's essentially Frogger, one that's the OG Donkey Kong game, one that's Guitar Hero, and my favorite is the one that's an inning of baseball. I don't think I'll ever go back and replay the rest of the vaults in this, but I might go back to the secret one once or twice for fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The Myths of the Eastern Realm DLC is out now.
Apparently it's mediocre. I guess I'll pass.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Is this game as crap as the activity in this thread suggests?
I just bought a PS5 and it looks nice in the videos :)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I liked it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The game is great. It got a bit overlooked likely because it was a new IP with a cartoony aesthetic releasing late in a crowded holiday period that already had two higher profile Ubisoft open world games.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I gotta get back into this one. I played it for a little bit, I was just doing several things in the area after the tutorial area, but I actually was generally enjoying myself. It's a solid game and the combat is tricky enough on hard, it seems underrated, so I'm not sure why I have never thought to start playing it again after putting it down a couple months ago.

Maybe I just own way too many games, this is a possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

cant cook creole bream posted:

The Myths of the Eastern Realm DLC is out now.
Apparently it's mediocre. I guess I'll pass.

hardcore thread necromancy, I know, but this game is on Game Pass for Xbox now so it was free and I just beat it, genuinely loved it, what a fun game. Comparable to BotW but yeah probably a little worse with some fun additions. I recommend it!

Question though, two of the DLCs look like poo poo to me (vaults get tedious, diablo camera angle ain't for me), but the Myths of the Eastern Realm DLC looked like just a smaller version of the main game, which would appeal to me.

Has anyone bought the Chinese DLC and enjoyed it? Would love some thoughts