Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

Chinn and burns and 4 picks would be too high a price imo.

Since we're biased homers, I think so too. But like I said, they're probably just talking poo poo to see who bites or to start the negotiations on the high side.

I have to think that teams that aren't morons know that Houston's leverage is limited because of the NTC, and aren't just going to immediately give the farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Billy Five Aces has been using his GF as a thirst trap for his players for years, just two steps behind as always McVay.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Since we're biased homers, I think so too. But like I said, they're probably just talking poo poo to see who bites or to start the negotiations on the high side.

For the panthers, burns, moton, Moore, and brown are untouchable. Chinn.....ugh. That’s probably the dividing line.

Everyone else go hog wild.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Big Beef City posted:

:unsmith:

I want to be naive enough to think this is how sports works and everyone gets to just be happy, even teams in the same division as the one I root for. It'd just be nice. That's all.

I feel like Goff is the only one who lost in this trade

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

For the panthers, burns, moton, Moore, and brown are untouchable. Chinn.....ugh. That’s probably the dividing line.

Everyone else go hog wild.

Yeah I tend to agree. If I were the panthers I'd be dangling CMC, our first this year, next and some change like Thompson.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I tend to agree. If I were the panthers I'd be dangling CMC, our first this year, next and some change like Thompson.

Throw an extra first and second in there and that approaches plausible.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
LOL McVay would trash his own QB to Aikman before games

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1356034707222364169

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
If the Texans trade a top WR and QB for RBs in back-to-back years, no one can blame the fans for whatever they do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Throw an extra first and second in there and that approaches plausible.

Did you miss the report they want 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 players?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

pyromance posted:

If the Texans trade a top WR and QB for RBs in back-to-back years, no one can blame the fans for whatever they do.

What fans?

I’m pretty sure Texans fans are done with the team at this point until Easterby is gone and possibly when McNair is no longer the owner. The soul of that team is gone once Watson and Watt leave.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Did you miss the report they want 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 players?

That’s the kinda position you take when you’re ready to negotiate down.

Or they’re saying what they want in a deal that’s already done, so easterbrook can claim god told him what they’d receive in compensation. Praise be unto him.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

pyromance posted:

in minecraft.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Apparently NFL.com reported the Panthers offered more than just #7 for Stafford.

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1356035147112591367

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

Apparently NFL.com reported the Panthers offered more than just #7 for Stafford.

Look, when you have the chance to get Jared Goff, you make that deal.

I wonder how Teddy feels when he reads this stuff.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ozymandius1024 posted:

Look, when you have the chance to get Jared Goff, you make that deal.

I wonder how Teddy feels when he reads this stuff.

Pretty sure he is happy to play again after breaking his body in half and gives no fucks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean Teddy isn’t really starting QB caliber and he still has big guarantees into next year so he can’t have too many complaints.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Teddy is eating his feelings at a Charlotte area olive garden as we speak.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I'm surprised McVay hated his programmable automaton quarterback back so much.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

pasaluki posted:

I'm surprised McVay hated his programmable automaton quarterback back so much.

i think "ball-throwing statue that does what it's told and nothing more" is the secret heart's desire of every offensive wunderkind coach, but also probably the kind of thing that's only fun for like 10 minutes once it happens

"wow, it's actually a lot of work to do the quarterback's job on top of my own!" thinks sean mcvay

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, the Chiefs guard who opted out of the season to practice medicine, got a nice (and depressing as hell) article in WaPo.

quote:

He has watched the Chiefs return to the Super Bowl from afar, viewing games with the sound low because he finds the announcers distracting.

:same:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol wait, the Lions turned down #8 from Carolina for two future late 1s from the Rams + Jared Goff's contract? What in tarnation

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

lol wait, the Lions turned down #8 from Carolina for two future late 1s from the Rams + Jared Goff's contract? What in tarnation

Brad Holmes used to work for the Rams.

They also said in an article that they prioritized what Stafford wanted in the destinations, and he really wanted to work with McVay. (don't know how BS that is, but I wouldn't doubt it with the different staff)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

Brad Holmes used to work for the Rams.

They also said in an article that they prioritized what Stafford wanted in the destinations, and he really wanted to work with McVay. (don't know how BS that is, but I wouldn't doubt it with the different staff)

Yeah I figured it was the Rams connection doing some work there. And good on the Lions for sending Stafford somewhere he wanted to go, I just generally assumed that was like a tiebreaker in these situations rather than a "we will take a materially worse deal to send you somewhere you want" type of thing.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lions did Stafford good and even a real solid to the Rams by delaying the first round picks and taking Goffs bloated contract so they won't be incredibly ruined and Stafford can get his superbowl ring and be happy.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I don't think it's totally stupid to gamble on the Rams pratfalling this year or next. Stafford has a bad back, they've just lost their hotshot DC, and they don't have draft picks or cap space to add top tier talent.

It probably won't come off, but I'd say its a reasonable gamble when you're rebuilding.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Grittybeard posted:

Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, the Chiefs guard who opted out of the season to practice medicine, got a nice (and depressing as hell) article in WaPo.

:same:

Can you post it? Every drat news site is paywalled it sucks

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

what...what is this???

https://deadspin.com/rams-fans-meet-stat-padford-it-s-not-a-typo-that-s-w-1846171927

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

PupsOfWar posted:

i think "ball-throwing statue that does what it's told and nothing more" is the secret heart's desire of every offensive wunderkind coach, but also probably the kind of thing that's only fun for like 10 minutes once it happens

"wow, it's actually a lot of work to do the quarterback's job on top of my own!" thinks sean mcvay

I'm sure it gets incredibly annoying to watch him unable to make adjustments after the mic time is over

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
gently caress yeah all in baby

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1356235883595386883?s=21

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Dumb rear end media pandering to stupid casuals. Peddling the "not a winning player" trope

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's his gimmick apparently

https://deadspin.com/author/getrobbedds

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Wow a bad opinion piece by a lovely scab writer working for dead spin

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bows1 posted:

I don't remember if we're not supposed to do that, Athanatos? It's longish too. But in the meantime try opening it in a private window. That used to work with Washington Post but I have no idea now.

Anyway he's been in some of the most depressing places, he's caring for nursing home patients and such.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Grittybeard posted:

I don't remember if we're not supposed to do that, Athanatos?

I don't care just as long as it's not every article put up. Every so often is fine.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Professor Funk posted:

They get LAR's 3rd rounder this year too.

More generally the Lions need a total rebuild so I think I'd rather take more picks + a QB with minimal expectations over another high draft pick who will be forced to produce immediately. I think the FO knows it's going to be a longer rebuild too, hence why Campbell got a six-year contract.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Athanatos posted:

I don't care just as long as it's not every article put up. Every so often is fine.

I just PMed it, it's a hell of a scroll if you don't care. If other people want it let me know. One interesting thing I didn't think about, if you're having cognitive issues and a goddamned guy who is the size of an NFL lineman shoes up in your room in full PPE trying to move you somewhere else and you don't understand why, Christ that has to be utterly terrifying.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 1, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Stat Padford!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bows1 posted:

https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome Also works for Edge and Firefox

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Are we pretending Stat Padford is a new nickname for him? Not even saying it's accurate but getting incredulous is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Matthew's got nothing on the original stat padder. He even got the NFL to change rules so he could get better stats!