Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Points is a bad stat because some players with a lot of points are bad at defense

Yeah .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

Points is a bad stat because some players with a lot of points are bad at defense

I can't think of who you might mean

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Points are bad for a lot of reasons that is one reason I mean

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

vote for zach you miscreants

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

They basically punted on this offseason in hope of Giannis right? That's the heart of the problem

In an even broader sense than I think you mean, yes. Following the Mavs the last, oh, 15 years has been like having a buddy lay out to you this perfect jewel heist he's planning and you're trying to explain to him that he's a quadruple amputee and can't possibly do a backflip over the security lasers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Intruder posted:

They meant jokic

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

That East Guard ranking just made part of my soul wither and die.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

West votes are completely fraudulent

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

euphronius posted:

Points are bad

*gesturing toward Ben Simmons* look how Ben Simmons massacred my boy

big boi fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 5, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

They meant jokic

oh that makes sense

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

euphronius posted:

I dunno, after the season Klay's had he's more than deserving of votes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
West owners colluding to hire click farms to boost Wiggins and kick in some all star bonus to further gently caress up Golden State.

None of it bothers me, but they really shouldn't use this stuff to determine contract bonuses. Derrick Rose is not the top notch 6th man he was last year. He's not banging in off the dribble threes like crazy. He's a mid tier 6th man at best.

Devonte Graham deserves a chance as a coach's choice for the all star game.
Jerami has earned a chance by becoming a 3 level scorer out of nowhere.

Looking at various stats to see whose had the best year so far make me pissed off that Detroit gave away Christan Wood.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Didnt the Mavs try and fail to trade for Kelly Olynyk

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

The Mavs employ a GM that let Steve Nash walk/immediately win 2 MVPs, let Barea and Chandler leave right after the title, didn't resign Tyson Chandler a second time, failed to sign an all star to play with Dirk for most of his career, the DeAndre Jordan saga, and built the current team. I get in a lot of these decisions Cuban was a factor but at some point the GM has to be able to be blamed for something.

In hindsight, the Barnes trade is also terrible.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 5, 2021

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I've heard a couple people float the idea that the Knicks won the Porzingis trade, which is really funny

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

big boi posted:

I've heard a couple people float the idea that the Knicks won the Porzingis trade, which is really funny

unexpectedly Tim Hardaway Jr. was the best player in that trade.

edit: I guess the Knicks have more Mavs picks so they very well could still win the trade.

edit 2: lol this year's 1st round pick to the Knicks is unprotected.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 5, 2021

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wiggins has more blocks than any other non-center in the league right now.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Barnes trade is weird because he’s a really nice third or forth banana. I get trading Barnes to use that money to get a legit star or superstar. But then they just instantly dumped that money on resigning home grown guys and role players so what was the point

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Intruder posted:

I was just making fun of euphronius but I definitely meant Pete Maravich.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Spacebump posted:

unexpectedly Tim Hardaway Jr. was the best player in that trade.

edit: I guess the Knicks have more Mavs picks so they very well could still win the trade.

edit 2: lol this year's 1st round pick to the Knicks is unprotected.

Also the Knicks in the early going very well could at least get to the play in game and it looks like the Mavs will be giving them a lottery pick

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm gonna say the knicks lost the trade because it lead to kd and kyrie not signing there

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

Yeah they deleted all the Caruso votes.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Metapod posted:

I'm gonna say the knicks lost the trade because it lead to kd and kyrie not signing there

I thought that was more Deandre telling them how awful it was

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I thought that was more Deandre telling them how awful it was

That's how deandre ended up there

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Oh yeah I forgot he was in that trade. He really disappeared after he left LA.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

lmao, yes, I'd forgotten about that. IIRC that was going to be the splashy move to fill all their remaining cap space before signing KP with bird rights.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If the players want the AS game then why do none of the players seem to want to play the game:

https://twitter.com/BigSargeSportz/status/1357581550070677505

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Wiggins has more blocks than any other non-center in the league right now.

Nice! Great stat. Guess he should be behind Myles Turner, Rudy Gobert, Clint Capela, Chris Boucher, Anthony Davis, nerlens Noel, Jarrett Allen, richaun Holmes, Mitchell Robinson, Christian wood, brook lopez, Andre Drummond, kevin Durant, Deandre jordan, and Naz Reid for all star votes based on that then.

Edit: sorry, I was looking at the wrong stat line. He’s 12th, not 16th. In any case, we all consider AD a PF in the regular season so it’s not true regardless

The Maestro fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 5, 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Deranged Golden State fans are ruining the integrity of the all star weekend

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I refuse to believe the long term effects of starting DSJ, both for the spirit of the fan base and the negative aura of talent on the roster, offsets the Mavericks' pick this year.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Maestro posted:

Nice! Great stat. Guess he should be behind Myles Turner, Rudy Gobert, Clint Capela, Chris Boucher, Anthony Davis, nerlens Noel, Jarrett Allen, richaun Holmes, Mitchell Robinson, Christian wood, brook lopez, Andre Drummond, kevin Durant, Deandre jordan, and Naz Reid for all star votes based on that then.

Edit: sorry, I was looking at the wrong stat line. He’s 12th, not 16th. In any case, we all consider AD a PF in the regular season so it’s not true regardless

Correct (after your fix), and of course Zion should in turn be behind Wiggins as well. The blocks must flow.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Spacebump posted:

I think the only reasons Rick Carlisle hasn't been fired are he is head of the coaches union and Cuban's friend.

This Mavs season is pathetic and if Cuban keeps employing Donnie Nelson and Carlisle, they will eventually lose Luka. There is 0 reason to watch this team until some kind of change is made.

LOL at everyone that told me I was being ridiculous earlier in the season when I pointed out the Mavs looked lovely enough not to make the playoffs.

Perhaps Rick Carlisle hasn't been fired because he's widely seen as one of the best coaches of the league and they'd be replacing him with Jason Kidd or some poo poo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

If the players want the AS game then why do none of the players seem to want to play the game:

https://twitter.com/BigSargeSportz/status/1357581550070677505

lockback will explain it to them

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
losing to the dameless blazers on a night where embiid scored 25 in the 2nd quarter alone, that's some shameful poo poo

he was unstoppable. his shot has somehow gotten softer this year, everything rolls in

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

lockback will explain it to them

He should maybe talk to his union about it! Because they set it up.

I think the Union is trying to get more money in the pockets of the kinds of plyers who average 2 years in the league to mitigate the fact that they are likely losing 30%+ of their career earnings due to Covid. I understand why Lebron doesn't care about that but also why the players group as a whole would still want this.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Thevunion should probably do what the players want rather than deciding what’s best, abd getting a nice kick back in the process.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The players should have some sort of collective group to represent their interests so that they’re not at the mercy of the player’s union :smugmrgw:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

[fists banging on the table] shadow union! shadow union!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Thevunion should probably do what the players want rather than deciding what’s best, abd getting a nice kick back in the process.

That's a hell of an accusation against Michele Roberts who has done a really good job with the union. The players that need a higher BRI the most are not the ones getting interviewed (or will play in the ASG).

I do hope they let guys sit out, especially guys who went deep into the playoffs with little break. I don't know what the usual thing is about skipping the ASG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

What's the point of having the ASG if it can't be a big ridiculous spectacle? It just won't be that fun.