Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
One thing I've noticed about Fox is that he holds the blue line during a PP effortlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That Rangers goalie should now officially be called Shasta McNasty.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1357721135320809474

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: the old "taking the interview to scare your boss" routine

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/RangersMSGN/status/1357710386657710083

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goddamn Panarin's mop is glorious.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrBooth_7/status/1357412231969861632

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1357737074619797505

Oh no, this means Mike Smith is almost healthy, doesn't it? :ohdear:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
On further review, I would like to switch my vote, I don't think this season should count anymore.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
The (alleged) TDA burner is begging Calgary for a trade via Twitter :cawg:

And getting salty at Panarin/Shesty's goofing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the canucks are really loving bad. here's Nylander entering the zone 1-on-3 while holding his stick upside down and coming away with puck control:

https://streamable.com/hyotkg

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

the canucks are really loving bad. here's Nylander entering the zone 1-on-3 while holding his stick upside down and coming away with puck control:

lmao

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Aye Doc posted:

This is almost as impressive as the time Ceci gave the puck away to a guy without a stick

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

I guess my kid knows a thing or two about show boating because he tried to do this a lot last year in the before times. Just needed to play against the Canucks, because the other 6Us figured out how to just take the puck away. The donuts though were more his forte. Now he just plays with his stick the right way.

I'm also glad they rescheduled STL and AZ to play 4 in a row. They were both supposed to be playing MN and COL next so this will help free up rescheduling for those games later in the year. Only that's when those teams will be on a break for Covid protocol of course.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

anguish

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jhet posted:

I guess my kid knows a thing or two about show boating because he tried to do this a lot last year in the before times. Just needed to play against the Canucks, because the other 6Us figured out how to just take the puck away. The donuts though were more his forte. Now he just plays with his stick the right way.

Upside down sticks is also a common drill for new players, for example coaches trying to teach a powerplay will have the defense run with with upside down sticks because it makes it almost impossible for them to interrupt the play.

So maybe it was a drill like that where your kid got it from, he ran such a nasty defense with an upside down stick he figured he could score with it too. :v:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

xzzy posted:

Upside down sticks is also a common drill for new players, for example coaches trying to teach a powerplay will have the defense run with with upside down sticks because it makes it almost impossible for them to interrupt the play.

So maybe it was a drill like that where your kid got it from, he ran such a nasty defense with an upside down stick he figured he could score with it too. :v:

Yeah, they use donuts with upside down sticks. They run drills with them to teach how to be strong on the stick and to teach how to lift sticks. He just wanted to do it with regular pucks too. It was 6U, so they weren't working on the PP yet. They were still working on successfully passing to each other.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1357767994718494721

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Sure, why not. Maybe if he's in the building, whatever sinister magicks he uses to make goalies shut down during shootouts will rub off on the team.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
You know. I didn't hate the Jets reverse retro jerseys. They weren't horrible.

They weren't good either, but a solid "meh".

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CommaToes posted:

Got my Miro Tron jersey in the mail yesterday and it loving owns so hard. The retro whites are aggressively bland.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
So I would HAPPILY take deangelo on the Avs if they included a prospect or good draft pick if the Avs then immediately buy him out a la Brooks Orpik from Washington.

Also, I swear when they do jersey reveals they need to do them with the whole uniform. Jets' RR weren't as bad with the pants etc. Not great, but better. St Louis' was awful. Dallas' was better than I thought they'd be.

I should rank them sometime. Hm.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

LumpyGumby posted:

So I would HAPPILY take deangelo on the Avs if they included a prospect or good draft pick if the Avs then immediately buy him out a la Brooks Orpik from Washington.

Also, I swear when they do jersey reveals they need to do them with the whole uniform. Jets' RR weren't as bad with the pants etc. Not great, but better. St Louis' was awful. Dallas' was better than I thought they'd be.

Good idea. I was iffy in the Tron jerseys when it was a leaked pic or w/e. Then I saw them on a person and they were a bit better. Then I saw this loving glory and was sold:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

LumpyGumby posted:

The green and gold for the Wild were meh until they added the rest. The breezers really made it look good with the stars down the leg. Just the sweater alone was only okay.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

CommaToes posted:

They do look much sharper on the ice, and they're leagues better than the stupid Aviators. But I don't want one in my closet.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

LumpyGumby posted:

Rangers will buy DeAngelo out before they spend assets just to dump him

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also you can only buy players out for a brief period after the season ends.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Aphrodite posted:

Also you can only buy players out for a brief period after the season ends.

Yes. But they don't need to trade him right now, they can just stick him on the Taxi squad for the season and buy him out when it's over. It's not "ideal" but it's better than wasting draft picks or prospects or whatever just to trade him.

E: I mean Gorton already said they'd buy him out if they don't find a deal they like

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

FBS posted:

They do look much sharper on the ice, and they're leagues better than the stupid Aviators. But I don't want one in my closet.

I thought the opposite. The RR look bad on TV because there's not enough color and contrast, but my nephew has one and it looks good in person. I like the aviators on TV

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Levitate posted:

Yes. But they don't need to trade him right now, they can just stick him on the Taxi squad for the season and buy him out when it's over. It's not "ideal" but it's better than wasting draft picks or prospects or whatever just to trade him.

E: I mean Gorton already said they'd buy him out if they don't find a deal they like

I was talking about the spoilered part of his post.

But yeah, the Rangers are completely willing to have him sit and buy him out at the end of the season so they're not going to give up assets just to get rid of him. Obviously depending on the rest of the terms of the trade they may send some stuff back though.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Aye Doc posted:

I mean, to his credit Nylander's body is positioned well and the puck is slowly drifting under him, I guess...

*snickers*

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

I was going to yell at my husband for not calling me downstairs and showing this to me when he was watching the game but he told me he basically just fast forwarded through the entire 3rd period.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
So what's the inevitable MAF back to Pittsburgh trade in a month or two going to look like? Kinda tricky since both teams are capped out.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I think I recall hearing if a player is on the taxi squad they gave to play at least once for every ten games, or something.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

So what's the inevitable MAF back to Pittsburgh trade in a month or two going to look like? Kinda tricky since both teams are capped out.

Why would a team that’s going to challenge want to thin out their goalies by trading one to a team that might miss the playoffs?

There’s nothing that Vegas would need right now to make me see that trade happening.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Start the work on Ian Cole and Nick Bonino as well.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Start the work on Ian Cole and Nick Bonino as well.

Sad thing is, I would take each goddamn one of them back at this point

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Sad thing is, I would take each goddamn one of them back at this point

You can’t have them.

Ian Cole has been solid this year and is +4. Bonino is the only center in MN over 50% in the circle. Erikkson-Ek is next at under 43%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Canucks need to play the Senators again asap and stop the bleeding