Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Whybird posted:

Can anyone make out what the drawings above the beanbag are? One looks like a dragon but the other two could be anything.

500% zoom, probably not getting any better than this unless someone has the original file:

The leftmost drawing looks almost like the giant spiky blob is watering a potted plant.

I can't make out at all what the bottom drawing is other than that it's two separate figures (one green, one purple).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

GlyphGryph posted:

What do the runes say?

Dunno about these, but last time there was a strip with legible runes, it translated to

"there are no secret messages
still wasting your time"

so I wouldn't bank on it being anything important.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

GlyphGryph posted:

What do the runes say?

They say magic instant pot (credit to the GITP forums)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Did sirini have that dark a skin tone?

Also I'm guessing stool, not stilts

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Something to keep in mind is that there are at least two captors, given the end of the last book.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Reminder that it has, supposedly, been just 60 years since the Order of the Scribble sealed the last rift and went their separate ways.
In that time, The Illusionist dude managed to create a massive family cult. Each one of those people in that pyramid were his children, or grandchildren, or great grandchildren.
.........Also in that time, Soon became an old man, handed the reins over to Wacky Old guy's father (when WOG was but a small child), who died at some point, and WOG because an old man. Alot happens in 60 years in this world, it seems.

Those could be just child crayon drawings, is what I am saying.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

How long do halflings live, anyway?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

paradoxGentleman posted:

150 years, on average. Serini could definitely still be alive, though she'd be fairly elderly by now.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Is it... Mama Bitterleaf? :D

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Per RAW, 100 years+5d20. Though a story-centric character will of course live for as long as she needs to.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

SKULL.GIF posted:

500% zoom, probably not getting any better than this unless someone has the original file:

The leftmost drawing looks almost like the giant spiky blob is watering a potted plant.

Left one looks like a crude drawing of the Empress of Blood to me. Could these depict story events?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'd guess the pertinent fact irt the drawings is how they're scribbles.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Interesting to note there are darts in the board, not amazing ones, but then there are 3 very bad darts. Yet those darts appear to be stuck directly into brick.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'm guessing that yellow wafting and green goop is pease porridge. Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in the pot nine days old.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't make out at all what the bottom drawing is other than that it's two separate figures (one green, one purple).

The original file, you say? Someone like some kind of Patreon backer? :smugdog:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The queen, a random dragon and 2 people licking eachother?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The dragon might be the one that Roy got the moon metal from to fix his sword, if we're assuming Serini has been following their escapades. The squiggles could be anything, really.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The dragon might be the one that Roy got the moon metal from to fix his sword, if we're assuming Serini has been following their escapades. The squiggles could be anything, really.

It's a drawing of the guardian of the gate, a friendly black dragon Serini met. Funny, she hasn't heard from them in a few weeks...

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Random Stranger posted:

It's a drawing of the guardian of the gate, a friendly black dragon Serini met. Funny, she hasn't heard from them in a few weeks...

Lol, if the whole Draketooth thing hadn't already played out I'd maybe be willing to entertain this possibility.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Fun that the first actual dungeon dungon was on an upper floor.

Interesting sense of interior design, a lot more high-up plants than somebody short could normally take care of. My first thought on the drawings was more that they're from a kid, but if this is like a studio apartment, I guess they'd have to sleep on the beanbag. Also a book next to the bed like a diary.

But I really love the paladin competition bit.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I don't know why I never considered Serini still hanging around and filling the dungeons back up herself, I'm sure someone said it

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

How are the plants even alive in a room with no windows?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Facebook Aunt posted:

How are the plants even alive in a room with no windows?

a wizard

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Of course there's windows, that's what we're looking in through

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The bottom one looks pretty similar to Girard’s facial tattoo.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That could be the Empress, Girard's tattoo and the black dragon he's related to.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wait, didn't Serini have a thing for Girard? Like he was surrounded by hearts in her diary?

Should make it...interesting...if/when she meets V.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

AnoHito posted:

Wait, didn't Serini have a thing for Girard? Like he was surrounded by hearts in her diary?

Yep.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It has been noted that the color/shape of the cloak is quite similar to the random hole-worshiping cultist the Order of the Scribble fought in their flashback. Who has appeared in... exactly one panel.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Woah good catch

E: on looking, it doesn't seem that similar; a cloaks a cloak

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 9, 2021

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's a cloak that isn't the same color or billowing? That seems like a stretch

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Len posted:

It's a cloak that isn't the same color or billowing? That seems like a stretch

I mean, I wouldn't bet on it, but if we guess everything we'll eventually be right!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Either way, it's nice to revisit old pages

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I feel like that bottom one doesn't match up to Girard's tattoo enough from when we see him but Dorukan uses sigils to seal his gate up. Could be something similar.

We also don't know what the relationship of the 2 people living here is aside from a neatly made bed and a sort of sloppy beanbag bed area.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The fingers look kinda green rather than regular flesh colored.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The right of holes to exist. I was actually thinking about a very similar idea earlier today.

Namely that the snarl is a sentient creature the gods made by accident. Do they have the right to kill it?

Then I realized they kill people all the time and being a God is kinda immoral by nature

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

ikanreed posted:

The right of holes to exist. I was actually thinking about a very similar idea earlier today.

Namely that the snarl is a sentient creature the gods made by accident. Do they have the right to kill it?

Then I realized they kill people all the time and being a God is kinda immoral by nature

At least the gods aren't having at best dubiously consensual sex with it, which is better than usual behavior for gods really (insert "right of holes to exist" joke here).

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
So when they party finally enters the rift they are going to find Kraagor alive on the other side, right?

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

Interesting sense of interior design, a lot more high-up plants than somebody short could normally take care of. My first thought on the drawings was more that they're from a kid, but if this is like a studio apartment, I guess they'd have to sleep on the beanbag.

Not necessarily; we're Only seeing 2 walls. The third could have a set of bunk beds for all we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

TheAceOfLungs posted:

Not necessarily; we're Only seeing 2 walls. The third could have a set of bunk beds for all we know.

stop breakingestablishing the 4th wall!