Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Stolen from facebook:

"In the replies he tries to defend himself saying other shampoos have "pictures of waterfalls and people washing dishes" on them, meaning he also thought that dish soap was shampoo at one point"

edit:

Jonathan Kay goes for a Rorschach test and just keeps answering shampoo every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the dirty secret of canada that the rest of the world doesn't know is that canadians are terrible people

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Ehh, terribleness is fairly universal across humanity. We're more polite aboot it on average is all.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Isizzlehorn posted:

Ehh, terribleness is fairly universal across humanity. We're more polite aboot it on average is all.

Exactly.

"Sorry about the whole residential schools thing, eh?"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Isizzlehorn posted:

yeah that's the point

non-canadians think canadians aren't terrible people because some canadians are polite, but canadians are just as terrible as everyone else

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Not me I'm the best

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I'm not familiar with this Jonathan Kay fella but from a quick glance of his twitter he seems like a run of the mill transphobe dipshit. Anything else of note?

e: ah okay he runs quillete. Yikes.

damn horror queefs has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Feb 1, 2021

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

drat horror queefs posted:

I'm not familiar with this Jonathan Kay fella but from a quick glance of his twitter he seems like a run of the mill transphobe dipshit. Anything else of note?
Jon and his equally vile mother Barbara both have columns in the National Post which is like Canada's version of the WSJ

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Feb 6, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

drat horror queefs posted:

e: ah okay he runs quillete. Yikes.

he's a legacy admission to the candian dipshit columnist club, but he's made a distinguished career of his own.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Feb 1, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/austinramzy/status/1356193191137959936

:downsbravo:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
going to update jonathan kay's wiki with the dog shampoo controversy

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

infernal machines posted:

he's a legacy admission to the candian dipshit columnist club, but he's made a distinguished career of his own.

hes justin trudeaus ghostwriter lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
looks like they are reopening the schools in ontario again. i guess they decided that the covid-19 curve has been going down for too long.

number goes up!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Oh yes, giant tiger. Where half of the customers coming in at 8 am for smokes are already drunk (and driving to work), and I had to physically restrain a 50 year old man who wanted to beat up the 16 year old cashier.

The spirit of Biway lives on!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Biway and drink driving are cool as hell, especially going to work drunk

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Terror Sweat posted:

Biway and drink driving are cool as hell, especially going to work drunk

going to work at biway drunk. they deserve no better

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Number hungry.

Number must feed

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/zaaackkoootzer/status/1356721669683961857?s=21

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
N: https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1357328063470702595

V: 'berta.

(Also, there are no medical exemptions currently active in Alberta unless you are so impaired that you are physically unable to put on or remove a mask).

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

one of the kids working the deli counter today firmly asked a lady to cover her nose properly with her mask and she did it :hai:

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

God I'm so glad I'm out of a grocery store. Teaching rich kids about art is so much less stressful.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Virtual Russian posted:

God I'm so glad I'm out of a grocery store. Teaching rich kids about art is so much less stressful.

I loved you in parasite

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pretty great takedown of the Kays I hadn't seen before

quote:

The story starts in the mid-90s when Jon, who has a bachelor and masters degree in engineering from McGill and a law degree from Yale, was working at a New York law firm. Jon writes, It was a great job for someone who liked being a lawyer. But what I really wanted out of life was to be a writer. This isnt surprising, as Jons perceived writing abilities were validated in his early teens when he won an annual writing contest at the Jewish Public Library. (Barbara helped launch the contest and encouraged him to compete.)

Jon has compared his journalism origin story to how Henry Lee Jackson became a member of the Sugarhill Gang, writing, [Jackson] was talented and passionate about his craft, but he toiled in obscurity until he got one massive, lucky break. (Ill leave it up to you to decide if thats a fair comparison.)

Jon notes that during this period he wrote essays and opinion pieces that were constantly being rejected. But then he had luck with a piece about Jewish and Black stereotypes as epitomized in the film Independence Day, which contains the claim that, In postwar America, individual intelligence has been the dominant factor dictating what people earn and how successful they can be. (Again, with Jon in mind, Ill let you decide if thats fair.)

On Feb. 26, 2003, National Post published Barbaras part of a Leacock Debate on the motion: A womans proper place is in the kitchen. Barbara argued on the affirmative side, saying, It saddens me that women today feel ashamed to admit their yearning to be at-home wives and mothers. I blame the feminists, of course. Oh sure, they got us the vote and comfortable jogging bras. But you can thank the feminists for those abandoned kitchens leading to the rise of fast food empires and the scourge of soaring obesity rates, amongst other social ills, not to mention the myth that a womans needs and goals are the same as a mans.

Barbara then sets up an analogy where Canada is the woman and Britain the man in a relationship, saying, Canada was the go-between, the honest broker between Great Britain and the United States, the hostess passing around the party sandwiches, making sure the drinks were topped up, providing that lovely comfortable ambiance only a devoted homemaker can achieve. We felt important, empowered as good women can when they facilitate important work between dominant men.

Upon the breakup, Barbara writes, We were single for a while, and we didnt much like it, because lets face it, our nature is womanly, we felt vulnerable, and deep in our hearts knew we werent made for the responsibilities that come with real autonomy. She then shifts into an analogy where Canada and the U.S. enter a relationship as a woman and man named Candy and Tex, and Ill spare you more details because youve suffered enough.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

JFC.

Barbara Kay is the worst.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Guillotine

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/jakelahut/status/1358943232508522499?s=21

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

wow, and fox news too

goddamn

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

jon looks like poo poo on there, and his game collection is poorly organized, disgusting. an embarrassing day for Canada

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1358946166457655298

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"we have gorilla glue girl at home!"
the gorilla glue girl at home:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Man I'd love it if I made a dumb tweet and Seth Rogen made fun of me. What a wuss.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

would you also love it if your mom came to your defence on the internet (again) and blew the whole thing up?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

would you also love it if your mom came to your defence on the internet (again) and blew the whole thing up?

I would. My mom is dead, so either she would be a zombie, or back from the dead. I would be happy with either outcome.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

When my brother was 11 years old there was a bully that was picking on him constantly. The bully would bring his little gang of friends with him everywhere so my brother was afraid to fight back. The bully's parents would do nothing about it. My Mom got sick of it so after my brother came home with yet another bloody nose she drove my brother around until they found the bully. They get out of the truck and Mom tells the other kids "you stay out of this" then told my brother he can fight back now if he wants. Bully got smacked a few times and goes home crying, never bothers my brother again.

So... maybe?

1994 was a different time and I know that poo poo wouldn't fly nowadays but she was more of a "teach them to stand on their own" kind of parent. If anything she'd probably tease me for washing my hair with dog shampoo too, or tell me to stop saying dumb things online if I want to stop getting owned. Or maybe she would drive me to Seth Rogen's house.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

alberta essential workers might be getting some weed money:
https://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/alberta-workers-covid-kenney-copping/wcm/d809c554-067e-4b8e-bf37-333d299ed3b3

quote:

More than 380,000 frontline workers in Alberta will receive one-time payments of $1,200 from the government for working during the COVID-19 pandemic, Premier Jason Kenney announced Wednesday.

Public and private sector workers in the health care, continuing care, education, transportation and grocery industries will be eligible for the benefit if they worked at least 300 hours between Oct. 12 and Jan. 31.

it isn't enough to justify kenney being a worthless hack but at least it's something, here's the official alberta government webzone https://www.alberta.ca/critical-worker-benefit.aspx and here's eligibility for private sector:

quote:

Private sector
Private sector employers must apply on behalf of their eligible employees. For more information, read the How to apply section below. The application intake period will begin on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 and closes on Friday, March 19, 2021.

To be eligible for the Critical Worker Benefit, private sector workers must:

earn $25 per hour or less
have worked at least 300 hours between the period of October 12, 2020 and January 31, 2021
be located and working in Alberta

what worries me about this is your employer has to apply for you, and employers are all dogshit

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

oh so like, 3 people are gonna see that money.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lmao like any employer is going to bother filing that paperwork.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

it seems that the 20k Albertan education workers who got laid off will also not be able to apply for the benefit as you had to have worked during the entirety of the pandemic or something?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/CDS_Canada_CEMD/status/1359743611349438464?s=19

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

let me tell you of our incredible thirst