Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
rename twoday to covid explainer

thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Re open the succ zone and make Jeffery IK

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

theres just one thing i don't understand why wasnt troll jeffrey probated for making a funny post

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

Still the most devastating prank anyone has ever played on me

I heard poorly rated Squizzle speaks badly of me (don't read anymore). Then how come low I.Q. twoday, along with Sycho Squizzle, came to DC 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted I become a mod. Twoday was bleeding badly from calligraphy. I said no!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

anyway just gonna say my small piece because may as well. it's awkward for me because i've increasingly felt that succ zone actually probably should have been closed, just for a whole bunch of toxicity reasons separate from the D&D stuff.

Koos Group posted:

I must disagree. FYAD-lites should be able to have mock threads for their corresponding serious forum. PHIZ did this for NMD and it never caused any problems, and I believe the old Imp Zone may have had a thread for mocking Games as well. If the thread is only making fun of individual posts and not assembling crazed dossiers on posters, then it doesn't have the problems of helldumping.

Furthermore, this is especially important to C-SPAM, because D&D has strict requirements for the posts there, so posts can't be casually mocked on D&D itself. Here on C-SPAM is the only place to do it.

Unsurprisingly I feel like Koos is pretty much right here, though to build off it a bit: Yeah, I think cspam should be able to make fun of D&D. No, I do not think that act should be a completely unmoderated affair. Succ Zone very much did need its own IK, and at least regarding the D&D stuff, what always made sense to me (and I know I've voiced this before) was you either make fun of it in succ zone or you post in D&D. You do not get to do both, at the very least not at the same time. It needed a reasonably active IK to:

a. Probe the poo poo out of people who went from succ zone to touch the poo poo, assuming a D&D mod did not get them first
b. Probe the poo poo out of people dragging D&D arguments they were involved in back in here.

How well that actually would have worked given the thread's general decline into constant taintrunner imitation is a big loving question mark, but I do feel it was a better approach to take and to try out than the one used. If it couldn't work out then that would have just been a further sign that the thread had earned a general closure anyway.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

2DCAT posted:

I heard poorly rated Squizzle speaks badly of me (don't read anymore). Then how come low I.Q. twoday, along with Sycho Squizzle, came to DC 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted I become a mod. Twoday was bleeding badly from calligraphy. I said no!

you joke, but writing the book has lead to multiple situations where people were eyeing red stains on my hands and pants, and I've had to explain to them, "no, these aren't blood stains"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

theres just one thing i don't understand why wasnt troll jeffrey probated for making a funny post

jeffery has a solid well executed gimmick

arfs just low effort spams cspam a lot, he's even used scripts to do it, so when he makes a good post people sometimes don't bother to even read it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Oh Snapple! posted:

anyway just gonna say my small piece because may as well. it's awkward for me because i've increasingly felt that succ zone actually probably should have been closed, just for a whole bunch of toxicity reasons separate from the D&D stuff.

Unsurprisingly I feel like Koos is pretty much right here, though to build off it a bit: Yeah, I think cspam should be able to make fun of D&D. No, I do not think that act should be a completely unmoderated affair. Succ Zone very much did need its own IK, and at least regarding the D&D stuff, what always made sense to me (and I know I've voiced this before) was you either make fun of it in succ zone or you post in D&D. You do not get to do both, at the very least not at the same time. It needed a reasonably active IK to:

a. Probe the poo poo out of people who went from succ zone to touch the poo poo, assuming a D&D mod did not get them first
b. Probe the poo poo out of people dragging D&D arguments they were involved in back in here.

How well that actually would have worked given the thread's general decline into constant taintrunner imitation is a big loving question mark, but I do feel it was a better approach to take and to try out than the one used. If it couldn't work out then that would have just been a further sign that the thread had earned a general closure anyway.
Something exactly like this was what I didn't have the time or patience to post, so thank you

:agreed:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I desperately want CSPAM Comrades to be implemented just for arf.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
I love u all except the polls plane that eat dog turd

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Gonna repost my RSF suggestion here. Now that we're a top level forum we should have a subforum that does this:

oh and while this thread has some attention and activity I'd like to bump this

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Jeffery of YOSPOS posted:

Actually, considering the posts in this thread, especially after I've made Herculean efforts to meet you half way, I'm considering closing CSPAM altogether. I thought giving you top-level status might be enough to pacify the more enthusiastic members of the succ zone clique, but you've decided to once again bite my hand.

I'm going to take a walk and think through this. But consider yourself on notice.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmfao the mods must be crazy

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ArfJason posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

twoday
May 4, 2005

twoday posted:

we had a goon run, it's fine

good*

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

You were right the first time

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Phone posted:

rename twoday to covid explainer

thanks in advance

done

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

I wanted to make an effort post but I'll just quote this and add a bit more.

The constant taintrunner imitations sucked, the "get facefucked" poo poo sucked, the general nihilism sucks, the zero likes or retweet tweets sucked, touching the poop sucked. In a way, the thread did need to be closed but for those reasons and not because DnD is mad. For similar reasons as to why the goonlulz thread in fyad shouldn't be shuttered. It's fun to make fun of dumb posts, its less fun and more weird/creepy when it becomes about the posters. You need iks there ready to quash the dumb poo poo, the dumb derails, and poop touching. loquacious and galena just got added and were ok, though I think clearly unsure of when exactly buttons needed to be used. Maybe they just needed more time to adjust, or maybe they weren't prepared to handle it. I dont know, but you probably needed more people there considering the volume of posts (loquacius is a daytime only poster I believe).

Theres a mod in cspam for every major thread except the succ zone and it never had any IKs so it was always just left to its lonesome and mods just... stood by and watched and every now and then came in and just said "hey... stop" and the feeling always was "you don't understand our grievance and you're clearly here because people are complaining"

The case in point to, I think a lot of its posters, was the force the vote poo poo from Dec to January where there was a constant influx of posters from DnD coming in to argue and these arguments would go around and around with no end and just became utter white noise and shitflinging. Because there was no mod or ik there to do anything until a mod read the queue like a day later. Nothing was done about this, there wasn't massive forum drama about this until the reverse happens a month later.

That isn't to excuse the "mods are rape apologists, nazi bootlickers" poo poo, which just added a shitton of fuel to this dumb drama. The problem is, those posters saying that should be given probes and told to loving stop while other posters are allowed to post and have fun. When flaevius stopped in there was little to no probes and then a day later nutsack comes in and closes the thread and then gasses all the new ones. It's the same problem as always, mods can be really terrible at communicating the issues with posters and then listening to dialogue go help make the community a better place for all instead of just dictating on high, people being unsure how serious it is and then just trying to continue on because they don't know if this is a legit change or just something the mods gonna forget about when they get home and post "twmhp" 20 times.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Just to add to this, I think it would've helped if the Succ Zone had been more like the Trump thread and closed/reopened every month (or two, since it doesn't quite get the Trump thread traffic) so we could have new starts instead of just having the stench of, say, the FTV vote or whatever stink up the place for multiple months because it just lingers around. That was promised, but now we're here.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
how are all of you so loving stupid you fell for the same trick twice

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
We post pure and trusting from the heart, unlike the cynicism and nihilism of some forums. CSPAM is, ultimately, an idealistic and optimist forum full of joy and faith.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

We post pure and trusting from the heart, unlike the cynicism and nihilism of some forums. CSPAM is, ultimately, an idealistic and optimist forum full of joy and faith.

Believe it!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

reading involves effort which is also why the succ zone needed to be closed

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

I wanted to make an effort post but I'll just quote this and add a bit more.

The constant taintrunner imitations sucked, the "get facefucked" poo poo sucked, the general nihilism sucks, the zero likes or retweet tweets sucked, touching the poop sucked. In a way, the thread did need to be closed but for those reasons and not because DnD is mad. For similar reasons as to why the goonlulz thread in fyad shouldn't be shuttered. It's fun to make fun of dumb posts, its less fun and more weird/creepy when it becomes about the posters. You need iks there ready to quash the dumb poo poo, the dumb derails, and poop touching. loquacious and galena just got added and were ok, though I think clearly unsure of when exactly buttons needed to be used. Maybe they just needed more time to adjust, or maybe they weren't prepared to handle it. I dont know, but you probably needed more people there considering the volume of posts (loquacius is a daytime only poster I believe).

Theres a mod in cspam for every major thread except the succ zone and it never had any IKs so it was always just left to its lonesome and mods just... stood by and watched and every now and then came in and just said "hey... stop" and the feeling always was "you don't understand our grievance and you're clearly here because people are complaining"

The case in point to, I think a lot of its posters, was the force the vote poo poo from Dec to January where there was a constant influx of posters from DnD coming in to argue and these arguments would go around and around with no end and just became utter white noise and shitflinging. Because there was no mod or ik there to do anything until a mod read the queue like a day later. Nothing was done about this, there wasn't massive forum drama about this until the reverse happens a month later.

That isn't to excuse the "mods are rape apologists, nazi bootlickers" poo poo, which just added a shitton of fuel to this dumb drama. The problem is, those posters saying that should be given probes and told to loving stop while other posters are allowed to post and have fun. When flaevius stopped in there was little to no probes and then a day later nutsack comes in and closes the thread and then gasses all the new ones. It's the same problem as always, mods can be really terrible at communicating the issues with posters and then listening to dialogue go help make the community a better place for all instead of just dictating on high, people being unsure how serious it is and then just trying to continue on because they don't know if this is a legit change or just something the mods gonna forget about when they get home and post "twmhp" 20 times.

This is a really good read on what happened. From our perspective it would be a lot easier for us to communicate what needs to be done if we weren't met with "gently caress you, eat poo poo" when we try to raise a concern. It basically immediately goes to the next level on what actions we feel are necessary to solve a very real problem.

Honestly though it seems like the toxicity that we were concerned about is largely dying down and I hope it stays that way. As a mod all I want is a thread where people can be as mean as they want to liberals outside the forums without loving with people inside the forums, so as long as that happens I feel like everyone can be happy. I love C-SPAM and I want everyone else to as well.

ArfJason posted:

drat, time flies

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

:hai:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

on a more serious note nearly all of the complaints about the succ zone have actually already been addressed simply because theres a jimmy dore thread now and jimmy dore chat was the direct and indirect reason for nearly all of the pissy d and chat in the succ zone

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Also a Tara Reade thread in d and d that's going well, the lack of which was another big factor

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Also a Tara Reade thread in d and d that's going well, the lack of which was another big factor

Yeah I'm glad that's being addressed.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Not for nothing but the Tara Reade thread is literally a free speech zone, 15 miles away from Biden doing a speech.

EDIT: Also the 'skeptics' learned their lesson, somehow, from being called out last time and only one or two were dumb enough to come back and post their trash opinions in the thread.

twoday
May 4, 2005

implying that succzone taking a problem to qcs actually worked out is a pretty bold move

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's 2021 and miracles can happen

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

It's 2021 and miracles can happen

Son of Thunderbeast are you aware of the Miracle of Sailor

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Flavius Aetass posted:

Son of Thunderbeast are you aware of the Miracle of Sailor

🙏🙏🙏⛵🙏🙏🙏

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

buddy you trolled this forum several times by posting a single emote and people bit every time

you tell me

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Ultra Carp

Jeffery of YOSPOS posted:

Actually, considering the posts in this thread, especially after I've made Herculean efforts to meet you half way, I'm considering closing CSPAM altogether. I thought giving you top-level status might be enough to pacify the more enthusiastic members of the succ zone clique, but you've decided to once again bite my hand.

I'm going to take a walk and think through this. But consider yourself on notice.

:P

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
just got off the phone with The Big Man and c=spam is going to be Shut Down friday.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Korean Boomhauer posted:

just got off the phone with The Big Man and c=spam is going to be Shut Down friday.

friday is so far from now

twoday
May 4, 2005

c+c=spam

on a human face

FOREVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

C-SPAM was never real.