Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this is violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno I think it's pretty hot

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

That's my quarterbacks.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
What do you think we can get for Orlando Brown jr? I wish we could keep him but with him wanting to play LT it makes the most sense to trade him now and after a pro bowl season. What about for a good center and a 2nd round pick?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
That would own, but I'd also like him to not be stupid and play RT

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

yea he's a good RT but if he's gonna be a bitch he doesn't have any leverage

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Starting left tackle is a 1st round pick, minimum. Doesn't matter, he's not getting traded. Ravens want him back at RT so that's where he'll be. Then somebody picks him up as their LT in next year's FA.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Starting left tackle is a 1st round pick, minimum. Doesn't matter, he's not getting traded. Ravens want him back at RT so that's where he'll be. Then somebody picks him up as their LT in next year's FA.

Yeah but a good center is also a need and makes up for that while also getting a high round pick. I'd sacrifice the first round pick for a proven good center right now as we've seen in the last two years how what we're doing hurts us. And we can replace RT in the draft.

Oberst posted:

That would own, but I'd also like him to not be stupid and play RT

He switched to LT in the middle of the year and did well, getting a pro bowl selection even. He has every right and reason to try to increase his value and play LT to get a better payday. I don't blame him. Hayden Hurst was similar in that he didn't want to be the third TE.

If we can't pick up a center or other interior lineman from trading him then we need at least two first day picks.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 9, 2021

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s a good draft class for Interior offensive lineman so Ravens could plausibly get a starting center there.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

orlando brown is not a LT

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

What about his son

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

is his son dead too

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

LTs are UDFAs and 6th rounders

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ghost Dog posted:

is his son dead too

gently caress

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

is his son dead too

Even if he was he'd be better then DJ Fluker

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm weirdly optimistic about Tyre Phillips. At the moment he's a a large fat man and that's about it. A full offseason of coaching and an NFL training program could work wonders. He has a shot of being the answer at Guard or swing tackle.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

Then it's the best time to trade him when everyone thinks he is. And we can get a center of value plus a draft pick to replace him which is supposed to be rich with tackles this year. That's what I want to see.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i think they should trade him for a #1 wr instead, they never get any of those cause of their historical badness at doing so

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Orlando tackle for aj green straight up. he one time had two tuddies using a bad qb.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m thinking about the Cleveland browns

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Heck, me too

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Same here

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tez needs to come back to the AFCN

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Super Bowl 47 Champion Jimmy Smith robbed at gunpoint

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/nicoleperlroth/status/1360320223375597569?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oberst posted:

Super Bowl 47 Champion Jimmy Smith robbed at gunpoint

Revenge for Jimmy robbing the 49ers of a superbowl win

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Revenge for Jimmy robbing the 49ers of a superbowl win

it was the right call and they are just babys

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

but also go ravens thank u jerome boger for fixing the super bowl

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Jimmy jims is my secret favorite raven and a former buffaloe.

Would you trade Jackson for Watson straight up? It feels wrong but kinda right.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

no, baltimore needs any receiver they've got

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRObKmAOZqw

Been looking for highlights of this one for a long time, mainly for the last drive. Ravens @ Titans MNF 2001, the last AFC Central meeting. Most of the game was unremarkable but was a close game. Qadry Ismail had a really great play where he caught a pass and ran all the way across the field and broke past the defense for a TD. But where it got spicy was the end drive where the Titans drove down the field and got in position for the game winning TD--they ran a very fast(and illegal in many ways!) QB sneak play that was first called a TD. But because Boulware ran into the offensive linemen going back across the field it was considered a dead-ball offsides foul and the Titans were given an untimed down to try to score and win the game(PAT pending). So they tried another sneak but we completely stifled it! And won the game. They complained that they got screwed but that play they tried to run real fast was a pure cheat.

Another fun thing about this game is that Tony Siragusa recorded two sacks against McNair!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a fun fact is that after the game, steve mcnair would go on to become dead

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

There's a bit at the beginning where Sam Adams punched his own teammate Mike Flynn in the face. I don't know why that happened. But I do know Mike Flynn was a real bad interior lineman who did nothing but get our QBs killed for a decade.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

a fun fact is that after the game, steve mcnair would go on to become dead

too soon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ii'm gonna die without seeing my team win a meaningful game and that rules rear end

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cavauro posted:

ii'm gonna die without seeing my team win a meaningful game and that rules rear end

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Jimmy Smith rules as much as the number of injuries he has had, which is a lot for you people who aren't that much into the Baltimore Ravens. just trying to put some perspective on the post

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

condolences to Lamar Jackson on losing one of his closest friends today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ghost Dog posted:

condolences to Lamar Jackson on losing one of his closest friends today

lamar hearing that Rush is dead and his heart skips a beat because he'll have to learn how to throw