Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

are you complaining about free cookies?

I guess I am complaining that after over a week I did not get the item ordered and the last time they strung me through the ringer to return the obviously incorrect item that they themselves had sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!

david_a posted:

How did they get out of the van?

I’m a small dude so if my car door is open at all I can pretty much squeeze out

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

DeeplyConcerned posted:

I’m a small dude so if my car door is open at all I can pretty much squeeze out

Quit parking in cart corrals, we need to put carts in there

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

are you complaining about free cookies?

You don't have to accept any cookies you don't want. I'm reminded with every link I click.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

norp posted:

This corral?

I'm just impressed that a minivan fit in there in the first place.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

PerniciousKnid posted:

Probably mad they lost a forum

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Renegret posted:

I'm just impressed that a minivan fit in there in the first place.

That's a hatchback not a minivan

Looks like an i20 or a Getz I believe

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

norp posted:

That's a hatchback not a minivan

It'd have to be.. how else could they get out?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I had one a few years and years back (it was a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country) and I was actually pleasantly surprised by the turning radius I was able to bang out of it. I hated the look and I hated driving that far off the ground, but to that lovely car's credit it was a fine drive. It's just too bad when the maintenance bills make the car not worth it.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
It always amazes me how long people keep driving those tiny things

I still see 90's Hyundai excels on the road - pretty sure they would be mechanically totalled by using up the wiper fluid.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

schreibs posted:

My 7 year old UPS died so I ordered one from Costco....they sent me a package of cookies instead. I had to explain to the poor lady on the phone that a piece of technology is not equal to cookies. Sigh. At least they said since its a food item I wont have to send it back like the last time the screwed up....in November.

To use the Coscto.com website you must ACCEPT THE COOKIES!

Come on this is 2021 you should know this by now.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Cookies denied. They just sent me a UPS return label to send them the cookies back lol

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Did you eat any?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

schreibs posted:

Cookies denied. They just sent me a UPS return label to send them the cookies back lol

I don't get this, they're obviously not reselling them. Amazon once accidentally sent me a box of putrid-looking okra curry, and when I went through the process of correcting the error they just told me to keep the okra. Two years later, it's still gathering dust in my pantry. Should really donate it or something, much better than having it get tossed by corporate.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Costco does generally donate product that we can

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I really do miss taking abandoned carts, and putting my own (lighter) items on the belt while the rest have UPC codes visible in the cart at checkout but covid restricts that stuff where I go.

One thing I like covid changed at Costco is the absence of free samples. Finally, I can navigate through the frozen & produce sections! Right now, they have the same sample displays up but they aren't offering any food to taste, and I hope it stays that way.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Geodude posted:

Last, I wish I got a picture, but there was a sign reading "CHURROS ARE COMING BACK, and they'll be IMPROVED AND BETTER THAN EVER".

Churros are back at the Seattle Costco. They are just the same as before, not "IMPROVED AND BETTER THAN EVER" unfortunatley.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The churro I bought last week in Orange County CA was new and improved.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

The churro I bought last week in Orange County CA was new and improved.

C'mon, man. Provide the deets.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The new ones supposed to be chocolate and regular twisted together. There is a listing specifically for california churros in the system though so I have no idea what's up with that

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hmm, wouldn't the chocolate melt everywhere if the churro was hot? Sounds like it's not very improved to me!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Naw its a chocolate dough

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

.Z. posted:

Churros are back at the Seattle Costco. They are just the same as before, not "IMPROVED AND BETTER THAN EVER" unfortunatley.

This is a Seattle problem not a Costco problem.
I don't know what the hell is wrong with Seattle, but they can't make a decent churro there.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The twist is a little different and there's a different dough in the center. It was darker in the middle, maybe chocolate, but it wasn't obviously chocolate tasting.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Right now, they have the same sample displays up but they aren't offering any food to taste, and I hope it stays that way.

What's up with this, anyway? Are those displays at all effective without the goodies?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

What's up with this, anyway? Are those displays at all effective without the goodies?

They certainly weren’t effective today.

I walked past and politely shook my head to decline. Then I heard the vendor mumble something about me being too busy to stop as I continued walking away.

Might be the first time I ever saw one of the sample vendors really pursue a sale. And be all sassy about it. Very strange.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Costco.com is insane.

I could never use an access point for UPS before but suddenly today it does.
:iiam:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

One thing I like covid changed at Costco is the absence of free samples. Finally, I can navigate through the frozen & produce sections! Right now, they have the same sample displays up but they aren't offering any food to taste, and I hope it stays that way.
I really wish they made those a separate part of the store, with the items nearby. That part of the store can be a log jam and everyone else can just get on with their lives.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I still don't understand why they have someone standing there to hock samples if you can't even eat any. What's the point. You look like a moron and you make everyone around you feel sad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

SirPablo posted:

I still don't understand why they have someone standing there to hock samples if you can't even eat any. What's the point. You look like a moron and you make everyone around you feel sad.

Yeah, my guess is it’s so they don’t have to lay them off or cut hours, which is laudable.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I really do miss taking abandoned carts, and putting my own (lighter) items on the belt while the rest have UPC codes visible in the cart at checkout but covid restricts that stuff where I go.

It feels so wasteful and quite frankly cruel to tempt us with fried cheeselings without being allowed to eat them

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

SirPablo posted:

If anything they’ve gotten more pushy and ornery.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

It feels so wasteful and quite frankly cruel to tempt us with fried cheeselings without being allowed to eat them

You can pick up a pack right behind that person serving nothing!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

But I can do that with or without them

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

A few months ago one of the sample displays was up and running, but they were giving out squeeze packets of applesauce for people to take and try later.

There were so many run-over burst applesauce packets in the parking lot. It seemed like a total waste.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I am pro samples and pro ketchup on dogs. I'm the best Costco member.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Coredump posted:

I am pro samples and pro ketchup on dogs. I'm the best Costco member.

Put ketchup or mayo or whatever on a hot dog! Hot dog snobs are hilarious, it's a freaking hot dog!

Don't get me started on the freaks that put A1 on a steak though.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
A1 is delicious but it should only be put on a steak if you gently caress it up and cook it well done. Now A1 on a hot dog, that's something I'm going to have try one of these days.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

There is no safe way to do open air samples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

BONGHITZ posted:

There is no safe way to do open air samples.

Agreed. I’ll miss them.