Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

He told people to clean their room and wash their penis, and for this they made him their idol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

He also had his grandmother's pubes in his face... they were soft.

Do you think 12 More Rules will include any more dreams or fantasies about his immediate family? Or about murdering toddlers?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Who What Now posted:

Do you think 12 More Rules will include any more dreams or fantasies about his immediate family? Or about murdering toddlers?

Well, he's gonna have to do one better on himself. You know sequel and all. Maybe he'll fantasize about murdering multiple toddlers with his daughters pubes? I dunno.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

They are into him because of their insecure masculinity and need the big daddy energy to be their rudder in the storm of covid

not very familiar with this guy but the phrase "big daddy energy" makes me think of like, the work of tom of finland. not.. this

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Another Bill posted:

He told people to clean their room and wash their penis, and for this they made him their idol.

Yeah well up until then only women had been telling them this so obviously they didn't listen. Jorp has a penis and talks about how "hey it's not actually that crazy to suggest the government should provide women to gently caress" thus began their unfortunate delve into politics and voting Republican.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Rule #17: Never fight more than 15 five year olds. A grown man simply cannot properly fight more children than that, it's just not possible. When my daughter was young a group of boys teased her and called her Beef Girl. I sighed as I drew my hanzo steel. "This is just like when Simon Peter drew his sword to defend Jesus from Malchus" I thought as I cut them all down like the prodigal son returned to thresh his father's fields. I had become the masculine ideal and channeled the power of creation into my blade, willing it to part these boys' heads from their shoulders as Moses parted the Red Sea. Of course this did not literally happen, instead the boys pulled down my pants and called me a stinky old man with dusty old bones filled with green dust. But it bloody, bloody, bloody would have been better if I had.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Has Benzo Daddy done anything funny lately? Last I heard he announced his new rules were coming.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Peterson was extremely anxious to one day be able to live through his ultimate fantasy of being the father rescued from the whale's stomach by his only son but when the time finally came it turned out that the stomach was full of the most delicious drugs, instead of his son it was his daughter who came for him (the most terrifying creature called a woman) and instead of rescuing him she sent him straight to a Russian coma gulag.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Who What Now posted:

Rule #17: Never fight more than 15 five year olds. A grown man simply cannot properly fight more children than that, it's just not possible. When my daughter was young a group of boys teased her and called her Beef Girl. I sighed as I drew my hanzo steel. "This is just like when Simon Peter drew his sword to defend Jesus from Malchus" I thought as I cut them all down like the prodigal son returned to thresh his father's fields. I had become the masculine ideal and channeled the power of creation into my blade, willing it to part these boys' heads from their shoulders as Moses parted the Red Sea. Of course this did not literally happen, instead the boys pulled down my pants and called me a stinky old man with dusty old bones filled with green dust. But it bloody, bloody, bloody would have been better if I had.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

Do neither of those things. DIRTY DICKS AND UNKEMPT LODGING FOR LIFE :rock:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wark Say posted:

DIRTY DICKS :rock:

This has the makings of a great gang tag

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wark Say posted:

DIRTY DICKS :rock:

DONE DIRT CHEAP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
DONE JORP CHEAP

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A guy writes a book about how to live your life, then loses a debate to a raccoon, gets on an all-meat diet, almost dies from a glass of cider, gets addicted to benzos, after visiting 3 random doctors about his withdrawals gets a highly risky banned-everywhere-else Russian coma treatment described as "deadly" by the very doctors who applied it to him, gets his brain fried in the process, gets diagnosed with schizophrenia but refuses to believe it because his daughter with no education in the field doesn't like it. Then he whines into the void every time a journalist doesn't treat his fantasy theories seriously?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I call it, “The Aristocrats”!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think it should it is also worth remembering that he ended up expressing an actual grain of introspection in the last interview, saying "it's not like the irony is lost on me," only for his daughter to burst in, browbeat him into saying he did nothing wrong, and that the interview is over. There is only enough time for him to say that the left are still the real nazis.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

This has the makings of a great gang tag
lmao, that'd be great.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think it should it is also worth remembering that he ended up expressing an actual grain of introspection in the last interview, saying "it's not like the irony is lost on me," only for his daughter to burst in, browbeat him into saying he did nothing wrong, and that the interview is over. There is only enough time for him to say that the left are still the real nazis.
I don't know if it was this thread or another but someone called it munchausen by proxy, I think?

That sounds right on the loving money. :stare:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

What a fuckin weirdo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Who What Now posted:

What a fuckin weirdo

Oh hey, it's me when I was 5.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I've always felt that strong anti cat sentiments were rooted in sexism and the fact that HE feels this way isn't changing my mind.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Who What Now posted:

What a fuckin weirdo

Wait that's jorp prose? Lol

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Like imagine admitting you love to torment animals because it makes them quote, "instantly disgruntled and embarrassed". That's psycho serial killer poo poo.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Frankly, I've never known a cat to express embarrassment, annoyance perhaps but not embarrassment.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
yeah embarrassment requires a super ego. cats operate on pure id, a psychologist should know this

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Love to get my power trip by proving how much smarter and more well-composed I am than literal animals.

*Almost dies to cider*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Id be surprised if Jordo had a greater understanding of psychology than a high school senior

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Who What Now posted:

Like imagine admitting you love to torment animals because it makes them quote, "instantly disgruntled and embarrassed". That's psycho serial killer poo poo.
Oh, give me a fuckin' break.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Thinking about the millions of psycho serial killers watching the funny cat get freaked out by a plastic bag on YouTube.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Thinking about the millions of psycho serial killers watching the funny cat get freaked out by a plastic bag on YouTube.

Are those people laughing because they're imagining the cats being filled with shame?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
If you looked at the angry cat and yelling lady meme and weren't filled with moral indignation, you are complicit in the torment of animals and probably a murderer.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Who What Now posted:

Are those people laughing because they're imagining the cats being filled with shame?
Cats absolutely display embarrassment and are very funny when they do, as they are when they do anything at all, being very funny animals.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I was Jordan Peterson’s strongest supporter. Now I think he’s dangerous - over two years ago during JP's fame's height an opinion article from his old friend got published.

It was very interesting and had all sorts of insights into JP before he became famous but got flooded in all the buzz that was surrounding Peterson at the time so almost nobody noticed. Here are some choice quotes:

quote:

Several years ago, Jordan Peterson told me he wanted to buy a church. (...) I assumed that it was for a new home — there was a trend in Toronto of converting religious spaces, vacant because of their dwindling congregations, into stylish lofts — but he corrected me. He wanted to establish a church, he said, in which he would deliver sermons every Sunday.

quote:

Shortly after Jordan’s rise to notoriety back in 2016, I emailed him to express my upset with his dishonesty and lack of intellectual and social integrity. He called in a conciliatory voice the next morning. I was reiterating my disappointment and upset when he interrupted me, saying more or less the following:

“You don’t understand. I am willing to lose everything, my home, my job etc., because I believe in this.” And then he said, with the intensity he is now famous for, “Bernie. Tammy (his wife) had a dream, and sometimes her dreams are prophetic. She dreamed that it was five minutes to midnight.”

That was our last conversation. He was playing out the ideas that appeared in his first book. The social order is coming apart. We are on the edge of chaos. He is the prophet, and he would be the martyr. Jordan would be our saviour. I think he believes that.

quote:

He was preoccupied with alternative health treatments including fighting off the signs of aging as they appear on the skin, and, one time, even shamanic healing practices, where, to my great surprise and distress, he chose to be the shaman himself. And he did all of that with the same great fervour and commitment.

quote:

He is a biological and Darwinian determinist. Gender, gender roles, dominance hierarchies, parenthood, all firmly entrenched in our biological heritage and not to be toyed with. Years ago when he was living in my house, he said children are little monkeys trying to clamber up the dominance hierarchy and need to be kept in their place. I thought he was being ironic. Apparently, not.

quote:

I discovered while writing this essay a shocking climate of fear among women writers and academics who would not attach their names to opinions or data which were critical of Jordan. All of Jordan’s critics receive nasty feedback from some of his followers, but women writers have felt personally threatened.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Who What Now posted:

well I am now

you fuckin weirdo

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Cats absolutely display embarrassment and are very funny when they do, as they are when they do anything at all, being very funny animals.

yep ive seen cats get embarassed about missing a jump or trying to punch something and missing it and then acting like thats what they were trying to do in the first place. some but not all cats have a strong sense of dignity and cannot abide being seen making a mistake of any kind

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

we can only defeat the guy getting pompous and weird about how he loves to hiss at cats by being equally pompous and weird about how no just society would allow such hissing

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Earwicker posted:

yep ive seen cats get embarassed about missing a jump or trying to punch something and missing it and then acting like thats what they were trying to do in the first place. some but not all cats have a strong sense of dignity and cannot abide being seen making a mistake of any kind

I dunno, I wonder if it's just us as people projecting our emotions onto the cat. Like I wonder if you were to put together a compilation of two types of video, one where it starts just shortly after the cat has done something embarrassing and another where the cat is just doing normal stuff. I wonder if people could sort out the ones where the cat is embarrassed.

Personally, I think the closest any of my cats come to shame is the fact they don't like being people being around while taking a dump in the litter box. That too could simply be interpreted as a natural instinct to not be caught in a vulnerable state.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tarkus posted:

I dunno, I wonder if it's just us as people projecting our emotions onto the cat. Like I wonder if you were to put together a compilation of two types of video, one where it starts just shortly after the cat has done something embarrassing and another where the cat is just doing normal stuff. I wonder if people could sort out the ones where the cat is embarrassed.

its not something ive ever really noticed in videos about cats honestly, more something ive seen in real life. on the other hand ive seen lots of videos about dogs being ashamed. those are more about guilt than embarassment per se

but also i dont see why embarassment would be a human only emotion. i think any kind of social animal would feel some form of embarrassment in certain situations, though not necessarily the same as us of course

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 12, 2021

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Earwicker posted:

Yeah, when I was growing up we had three Burmese cats and one of them especially did this. I remember once watching him walking along the top of a fence when one of his back feet missed its footing and he nearly slipped off. As soon as he regained his balance he sat down on the fence, looked around and began grooming himself, with a clear air of "I meant to sit down here and clean my ears at this exact point in the middle of a fence where I have never stopped before, I dunno what else could possibly have happened :catbert:"

Still, you'd have to be deeply weird to go around with a burning desire to startle all the neighborhood cats every time you see them. Probably the sort of person who cries because you think Disney movies are undermining Western civilization.

And there's a big difference between laughing at a video of a cat freaking out at a plastic bag and carrying around plastic bags to drop in front of every cat you come across because animals being spooked is funny to you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Any Jordan defenders show up again yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Cats absolutely feel embarrassment. Maybe not in the freudian sense of having a conscious superego saying "you hosed that up, you bitch rear end loser," but if you wanna go down the road of claiming only emotions which exactly map to human expression count, I would suspect you're one of those freaks who also don't think dogs are capable of love.

Cats being embarrassed is funny. Cats being freaked out by cucumbers or plastic bags is also funny.

Hissing at cats to make them freak out is kinda messed up, but this is coming from a guy who fantasizes about assaulting children and gave up his life and brain for the cause of women not having rights, so it's not exactly the reddest flag there.

E:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Any Jordan defenders show up again yet

There was a dude a page back who tried to suggest that incels and feminists are basically the same, but it was pretty low-effort and I think he bailed.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 12, 2021