Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Elentor posted:

Wait so when people challenge me to duel it's just a misclick? That happens so frequently during trades I thought it was part of some odd, bizarre Diablo 2 leftover culture.

If you right click on someone's portrait then they leave the party the "Challenge to Duel" button conveniently moves to where the "Kick from Party" button used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Flavahbeast posted:

It sucks that you can't easily see how much Primal Aegis you have remaining. The counter is at the top of your screen with all your other buffs and frequently gets hidden under a zana/blight/etc timer and the shield effect on your character looks the same whether you have 4000 shield remaining or 20. Compared to health and ES its really hard to see when you're in danger

Yeah, agreed. It would be nice if they added a thing like they did for Rage.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Very much do not recommend a melee build (impale cyclone) unless you got trade league gear, at least with the current endgame. With "okay" defenses (fortify, slayer overleech, some block (staff), and a few other damage reductions) 4 way breachlords was a poo poo show :stare:

I should have heeded the warning others pointed out earlier, that's on me :smith:

Good news is I have some solid gear/currency for Divine Ire ignite to get going, so I'm going to do that. As mentioned on the last page, firing off ignite then running away is a pretty solid option unless you got a thicc boy rat build. I also have enough gear for CI occultist, so that's a consideration as well.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

whypick1 posted:

If you right click on someone's portrait then they leave the party the "Challenge to Duel" button conveniently moves to where the "Kick from Party" button used to be.

Protip use the social tab and leave the party. Easy.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Or just use lutbot which has a hotkey for it (and whois, and hideout, and remaining and probably other useful stuff)

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Hexblast will inflict Freeze/shock/ignite based on the lowest resistance of the enemies you are hitting. I use Frostbite as my main curse, so it always activates as cold and tries to Freeze them. I also have a bunch of jewels that give +crit multi & Chance to freeze

So if you haven't reduced the enemy res at all, is it random which one it picks to inflict?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Captainicus posted:

So if you haven't reduced the enemy res at all, is it random which one it picks to inflict?

It does them all either way. The lowest res is to determine how much damage you do.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Adding onto Golem Shell Ele chat re: survivability - I'd highly recommend the shell to pretty much anyone dreaming up an elemental build. DIre ignite is really strong, but the ascendancy can support many other skills very well while still maintaining the solid survivability. It's not as durable out of the box as a purpose-built tank build, but it's "good enough" for a general end-gamer. The whole ascendancy is in a really good spot right now imo.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Man I wish I'd known about this before it sounds super rad. My Righteous Fire Jugg is doing splendidly right now but it's gonna start getting really hard to get damage increases and it seems like HoAg scales way easier.

Such is life.

properly built its a thing of beauty. Roll it to out regen just about anything

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Ripped to the Maven but excited to take another crack at her. Fight is good, IMO.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Arrhythmia posted:

Ripped to the Maven but excited to take another crack at her. Fight is good, IMO.

I'm just glad it's not red on red for a change

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I've never (to my recollection) asked a pricing question, but I just had a div card turn-in give me a Scold's Bridle with the "Berserk has 30% increased buff effect" lab enchant. The helm is cheap but good, I know, and apparently the enchant is desired as well. There weren't any like it on the trade site, so I threw it up for 30c and instantly got bombarded, then someone offered me 5ex, so clearly I've way underpriced. Any suggestions on how to price an item without anyone else having one for sale?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you could keep raising it until people stop whispering you but then you risk the few people interested in your niche item just ignoring you. or you could just like double it and see what happens. if no one bites lower it bit by bit otherwise just take the 10ex and be happy.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Sarcastro posted:

I've never (to my recollection) asked a pricing question, but I just had a div card turn-in give me a Scold's Bridle with the "Berserk has 30% increased buff effect" lab enchant. The helm is cheap but good, I know, and apparently the enchant is desired as well. There weren't any like it on the trade site, so I threw it up for 30c and instantly got bombarded, then someone offered me 5ex, so clearly I've way underpriced. Any suggestions on how to price an item without anyone else having one for sale?

Google poe-antiquary for a site that shows past league prices using handy graphs.

For one of a kind items like that one there’s no ‘true price’, but I personally wouldn’t go for less than 10-15ex because the people stacking berserk buff effect with a trigger build can probably afford that

Just keep in mind money lets you do things and items just take up room in your stash.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
^^^good advice too, thanks.

Awesome! posted:

you could keep raising it until people stop whispering you but then you risk the few people interested in your niche item just ignoring you. or you could just like double it and see what happens. if no one bites lower it bit by bit otherwise just take the 10ex and be happy.

The problem is if I double it and still get the instant whispers, I feel like a dick for doing it again! But I think I'll probably just put it back up at some exorbitant price tomorrow morning and see if the weekend rush nabs a high buyer.

It's ironic that this is the first league where I've got more than enough money to even consider turning down a 5 ex offer.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Sarcastro posted:

^^^good advice too, thanks.

The problem is if I double it and still get the instant whispers, I feel like a dick for doing it again! But I think I'll probably just put it back up at some exorbitant price tomorrow morning and see if the weekend rush nabs a high buyer.

It's ironic that this is the first league where I've got more than enough money to even consider turning down a 5 ex offer.

Put it up for 60ex

Drop it by 5 ex every 30 minutes.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Maven fight will continue to suck until I get a strategy more advanced than 'do the right order while not hitting the beams' because that is not enough for me to learn it.

Fortunately you can just sell the writ unlike Sirus, who for all his faults, did not require me to play Simon Says.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm reading mixed things here so I'm just going to ask: can you beastcraft imprint an item, then harvest fracture it, then return it to it's unfractured state with the imprint?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
e:n/m

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

totalnewbie posted:

Put it up for 60ex

Drop it by 5 ex every 30 minutes.

This is a trading dishonor. How dare you waste peoples valuable gaming time. You should be ashamed of yourself.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rutibex posted:

This is a trading dishonor. How dare you waste peoples valuable gaming time. You should be ashamed of yourself.

thats the opposite of your stupid ideas shut up idiot

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I started levelling a new character and since the middle of act 3 I'm dying if anything even looks at me funny.

I assume it's because I neglected my gear too much while focusing on trying to go faster than I did on my first character.

So, is there some trick to getting non-garbage gear while levelling?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Buy better gear, use auras.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Peewi posted:

I started levelling a new character and since the middle of act 3 I'm dying if anything even looks at me funny.

I assume it's because I neglected my gear too much while focusing on trying to go faster than I did on my first character.

I'd recommend getting a steelskin gem from act1 if you have a medium amount of strength (ie - not ranger, shadow, witch). Vitality aura from act 2, I think, can be another useful one while leveling.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Peewi posted:

Get life from the tree while leveling over damage generally. With decent hp you shouldn't die outside of boss fights. Use essences on gear with linked sockets. After act 2 you can benchcraft on a resist for a few transmutes to fill in what you need. Dying to bosses isn't a big deal though. Most of them let you respawn nearby without losing much time. Ritual have useful items but isn't really worth going out of the way for.

The vendor recipes for resist rings is an iron ring and a skill gem of the appropriate color. There are vendor recipes for weapons with flat added damage, you can use it twice to get the highest tier. Wands/sceptre/rune dagger with added elemental damage is another vendor recipe that comes in handy and will last you until maps for a caster, a magic wand an alt orb and a ring, use a rare ring for good damage. +1 to minion gem helm is a life flask of animation and an alt orb with a magic helm.

Some skills are much better for leveling than others, and there are some good guides on the leveling process that cover the tree and when you get gems. Orb of storms, stormblast mine, added lightning support are available very early and it is well suited to the merveil, arguably the most difficult boss while leveling.

This late in the league you can get a tabula and goldrims for free from the guild and really smooth things over.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Good av
Good post
lmao

Peewi posted:

In the OP there are several posts from Wuxi and someone else about leveling, including recipes for weapons.
Do not hesitate to use vitality and clarity auras (don't need all that mana anyway) with optional hatred or wrath, always have your flasks up, roll or ask in guild chat for a kit of staunching, warding, of heat flasks
Bare minimum is 400hp per act and try to keep all your resists capped, even losing a socket or two.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 13, 2021

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I'm growing increasingly certain that I am NEVER going to see a Volatile Ritual. (edit: or, I suppose, that the challenge is bugged)

Sarcastro fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 13, 2021

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Woo, got 36 last night! I'd like to get 37 for the next totem piece, but that's likely to be from ritual bases, which while "better" still sucks. 6/9 is getting pretty close though.

I've never been one to farm currency in any games, not even this one. But there's enough things like Atlas progression, then Maven progression, then challenges, to keep me busy (and EVERYTHING makes you currency) that it kept me able to buy gear upgrades.

I'm trying to decide what to do next, heh. There's a few other boss fights and things I want to do (haven't fought Elder yet on this character, and I've never ever fought Uber Elder). I want to try some maps like Cortex and the augmented memory maps. I also want to spend some time playing around with decorating some hideouts.

I've been itching for a tanky, speedy melee build. Delirium - really bad cyclone build from poe-vault. Harvest - really good TR Trickster. Ritual - started bleedbow but without a lot more currency it wasn't very great, moved to Arc Archmage which has been way better. I'd really like to try a cyclone build again, but a good one. But I also don't want to be bored of the game before next league. I might still at least practice leveling up another character. I'd like it to not take me like 7-8 hours at league start.

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

Anyone mind taking a look at my BFBB Chieftain? https://pastebin.com/38QFAnmr

I've got about 11ex to spend to upgrade my gear and I'm not really sure where to start. I know a life on block shield's on the list, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth dropping most of my ex on that rather than spreading the wealth across some other slots first.

Damage seems good, it's still a little light on some bosses, but mostly due to mana issues. Survivability is good, not great. Still a few random rips here and there, but it seems mostly from overjuicing t16s + delirium.

Any help would be appreciated.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Goreban Dallas 2.0 posted:

Stuff that could probably be improved for pretty cheap:
- Jewels (imo: the four points above cruel preparation are better spent on picking up two more jewel slots)
- A ring (your non-curse one is pretty meh and your curse one could be better, but that would probably be expensive)
- Boots (I am very skeptical about that ritual base + glancing blows)

I find mana to basically never be a problem thanks to an enduring mana flask (of warding, ailment immunity is great if you can fit it onto your gear) in combination with dynamo (right next to the life wheel) and self-cast immortal call. I also plan to craft a %damage recouped as mana mod once I find the 3rd tier, and hope that doing so lets me get rid of dynamo in favor of a doryani timeless jewel.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sarcastro posted:

I'm growing increasingly certain that I am NEVER going to see a Volatile Ritual. (edit: or, I suppose, that the challenge is bugged)

It isn't bugged, I've gotten about half a dozen. The upgraded shrines are just rare.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

I've got about 11ex to spend to upgrade my gear and I'm not really sure where to start. I know a life on block shield's on the list, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth dropping most of my ex on that rather than spreading the wealth across some other slots first.

Damage seems good, it's still a little light on some bosses, but mostly due to mana issues. Survivability is good, not great. Still a few random rips here and there, but it seems mostly from overjuicing t16s + delirium.

My POB is https://pastebin.com/f5zmhM21

The first most obvious thing is your lightening resist is under cap. I'm guessing you are just mid-regear or something? That's an easy fix. Corrupted blood immunity on a jewel is also a must have.

Next up, I'd look to get your chance to avoid elemental ailments to 100%. It's a huge survivability boost. Generally it's head, gloves and boots, but I lucked out and got it on my explode chest instead.

And damage... It's still pretty low. Your weapon isn't awful (mine would add about 20% dps, but there are bigger fish to fry). You definitely need a shield that either massively boosts your dps or grants survivability. Life on block seems a no brainer. Either % based or The Surrender.

Your helm needs some resists, so other gear can do more heavy lifting DPS wise. Keep the conc effect, of course.

My amulet would add around 60% dps to your build. This is a HUGE opportunity. It cost me around 2ex, another 2ex in harvest crafts and 2ex for the multimod. I'd make this a top priority along with the shield.

If I was you, I'd drop just over 1 ex on The surrender, then get a helm that can cover the cold res from the amulet (more resists would also open up other options on rings) and buy a DPS heavy amulet.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/wBBEjknIb - The top option here right now (Blight Gorget) with fire damage crafted on would add around 30% DPS for 2 ex.

edit: Oh, and 5 skill points = Eldritch Battery = What's a mana problem?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Also, I have this sitting in my "for sale" stash, only at 25c so happy to give it away even as a temporary piece if you want to invest elsewhere first.

quote:

Rarity: Rare
Damnation Rosary
Amber Amulet
--------
Quality (Attribute Modifiers): +20% (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 65
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
Allocates Arcane Swiftness (enchant)
--------
+34 to Strength (implicit)
--------
+30 to all Attributes
6% increased Fire Damage
+73 to maximum Life
+66 to maximum Mana
Damage Penetrates 10% Fire Resistance
15% increased Global Physical Damage (crafted)
--------
Warlord Item

I'll be online in 20 mins, just got a shop run first. It's a 25% dps boost on it's own.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
5 skill points for less EHP seems like overkill for a totally solvable problem imo. Just getting an enduring mana flask would help with a lot of the issues during a boss fight

Also, the new glove base with up to 30% chance to refund mana cost of skills is pretty good

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

I'm still new to the game having just started in heist but I've been doing okay with my BFBB Chieftain dude so -

Thread of Hope near Divine Judgement, medium. Use it to pick up Divine Wrath, Divine Judgement, Divine Fury, Arcane Capacitor, Sanctum of Thought (eventually).
You're pathing up towards heart of flame but I think you're much better off using those points to pick up that jewel slot with an intuitive leap for mystic bulwark, discord artisan, prodigal perfection.
Eventually (not now), you can travel towards EO via the int point by the cluster jewels instead of through the purity of flesh wheel to save a couple points (after you've improved your gear to the point that chaos resist isn't a problem).
Immediately drop 2 points from the life wheel and pick up bloodless by call to arms. It's 3% more life, if nothing else.
Consider moving to a cluster jewel setup. It can give you much-needed things like dex, chaos res, etc.

As for your items - you don't have corrupted blood immunity jewel. Get one.
Your scepter has a bad base (max is 40% increased elemental damage), has low spell damage mod, has + fire damage to spells and + burning damage which are both poor, especially the burning damage. You want phys as fire on prefix instead and something like cast speed on suffix.
Your shield has a bad base (max is 12% allres). Reduced mana reservation goes to 15% - you want that. You don't need melee gems. Put skitter bots in your shield, not vaal RF. Like you said, you really want life on block especially if you're using glancing blows.
Helmet you obviously will want a BB aoe enchant but it can be expensive. It should also be part of your ailment immunity setup.
Body armor you'll want +dex/2 quality instead of life and also get it up to at least 28% quality. 14 dex vs 14 life - what do you want?
Gloves should be part of your ailment immunity setup. It can be improved overall (and why is it 12% spell damage implicit...?) but gloves seem like a lackluster slot for BFBB Chieftain. Of course there's culling but.. if anyone can suggest a more BFBB specific improvement, I'm all ears. At the minimum, though, it is part of your ailment immunity setup.
My boots are crap, currently, but my plan is eventually onslaught on kill (redeemer) with a warlord mod of some sort. Maybe +1 end charge? On the other hand, a lot of people use the boot slot to fill out the ailment immunity. I'm using jewel implicits + synth ring instead but I suggest you just go with the boots.
Amulet - heart of oak?? Arcane Swiftness, dude, it's almost mandatory. Also a big part of your ailment immunity setup and everything else on that is great for BFBB Chieftain. It needs +1 phys skill gem, at least, and +1 dex as well is a popular choice but I opted for more warlord mods in general. You'll want a dex amulet base (you notice we're super starved for dex) but you don't necessarily want a dex suffix because it makes crafting difficult. Some options for mods are % damage/end charge, phys damage reduction, %phys as fire, %fire damage, aura rmr for later if/when you switch to using more auras. Your aura also has +evasion and +max es which is wasted.
Curse on hit implicit is nice but the rest of your ring is basically life + 2 resists. Reroll that immediately. See my post earlier in the thread about making a good curse on hit ring.
Your other ring is also not that great. You're probably liking it for the mana but you can take care of mana in other ways and really improve the resists and just mods on general on the ring.
Soul tether is good but I eventually dropped it for a crap stygian. Mine will need work but I'm planning something like warlord life recovery rate + hunter % max life.

Flasks: my setup is currently forbidden taste, sulfur with curse immune (which I like over it on mana flask because of instant flask sextant mod), enduring eternal mana, quicksilver, and another flask I haven't decided on. Probably wise oak. Notably, I have ailment immunity and you do not, so the only other thing I need to worry about is really just bleeds.

Here is my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/1rJ1aJKf Level 99 though, so go down and first change the skill tree to the intuitive leap setup, remove the 3 points from cluster jewel by avatar of fire, remove an extraneous life node, and I personally didn't take glancing blows until like, level 97 or something like that.

Oh - I run clarity for a watcher's eye that gives -mana cost to non-channel + %damage refunded to mana. It helped a lot. I will probably eventually change it to something else but for now, it's been great. I have clarity at the expensive of vaal RF, though, because the bosses that I actually want damage on are all multi-stage so having a single vaal RF is kind of meh and I rip apart everything else without it. Canis would probably tell me I'm an idiot.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 13, 2021

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

For mapping and normal bosses, a flask is more than enough. For the likes of Sirus though, you soon end up out of charges. Add to that the fact that even with heavy investment (3-4 skillpoints on the tree plus an amulet slot and boot enchant), it's hard once flaskless to get more than 2 attacks off on Sirus during a DPS phase. With that 5 point investment I can now completely go to town on him any time I don't have to dodge stuff. Mana becomes a total non issue.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
My setup has the mana recovery gloves, dynamo, and a smattering of mana regen on items and I can kill A9 Sirus without ever feeling stalled out. But there's lots of approaches, if it works for you it works! I place a premium on staying alive because I just really hate that exp penalty.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I dunno how helpful this will be but this is my PoB for my BB/BF Chieftain.

Hit 36/40 with him, did every challenge with him except the "Kill Sepulchre Boss while in Bone Roil and he's Bleeding" which I did on a One with Nothing Raider I goofed around with briefly. He's currently 98, which is the highest character I've ever had, and I made no particular effort to level grind -- he just has a lot of survivability.

Cleared every end game boss with him, including Uber Atziri for the first time ever. Died a lot in Atziri until I figured out the mechanic (my blades were hitting the mirror reflection one) and I still die in the Maven fight because I'm still learning the mechanics (almost exclusively to the final memory game when I can't see most of the floor).

A lot of the gear on here I bought early for fairly cheap and looking at Trade now there's not a lot like it, so I dunno how expensive or inexpensive it all actually is.

https://pastebin.com/N3PPzPEN

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Three ex from "Drop some currency" option in Betrayal interrogation. Thanks Haku, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sarcastro posted:

I've seen an opulent shrine while in low-tier mapping. I get the feeling that we'll be able to influence what rituals spawn with whatever's coming down the pipe via map augments or additives.