Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Bip Roberts posted:

I went curling once at a work party, it's pretty fun.

Yeah it's a much better beer game than bowling imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/Baltej_hoops/status/1360419496381607940

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1360485726618488833

I judge harshly anyone in this videos. Anthony Edwards clearly should not be in the league :colbert:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

look at those crisp fundamentals, clean rear end bounce pass

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1360485726618488833
I judge harshly anyone in this videos. Anthony Edwards clearly should not be in the league :colbert:
This is so beautiful it feels like the physics shouldn't work.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
has anyone ever observed that LeBron loving rules

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

indigi posted:

has anyone ever observed that LeBron loving rules

well i mean he begs for calls but i wouldnt call that intercourse

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/jakemmontero/status/1360368798067351554?s=20

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think it's pretty cool that Anthony Edwards is so good that Dokmo had to use highlights of his teammates getting called for illegal screens to pad the video length

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Good article from the Athletic where Towns basically blasts the NBA and rightfully so.

https://theathletic.com/2385707/2021/02/13/karl-anthony-towns-lays-bare-the-nbas-real-problems-with-covid-19

Karl-Anthony Towns posted:

Moments before Borrego spoke to Charlotte media, he learned a third player, forward P.J. Washington, would be unavailable for the game. That’s when Towns started to get “spooked,” as he put it. He has been through hell and back with this virus, and something just didn’t sit right with him when he learned the game was still going to be played.

As final preparations for the game commenced, Towns went to his coach, Ryan Saunders, with a simple question: Really?

“It just brought up so many things I’ve been through, and it affected me in such a way where basketball wasn’t important anymore,” Towns said. “And I remember going up to Ryan and asking, ‘Are you sure we should play this?’ These guys had some COVID positives and we’re playing with guys who were around these people.”

Just two days prior, Towns had detailed his harrowing bout with COVID-19 after his return against the LA Clippers. He has lost his mother and several loved ones to the virus, and he acknowledged on Wednesday that he sometimes worried about the worst for himself after he tested positive and a game was postponed on Jan. 15. He knew he had the antibodies that made any risk to him in Charlotte minimal. But all Towns could think about was the risk to his teammates and the Hornets players who had not had it yet.

“I was one of those guys that was negative today and tomorrow negative and the next day I was positive with COVID — and a bad case of it,” Towns said. “I understood where the situation was for me and not knowing what the timeline for the cases and stuff like that, and I didn’t know if they were contagious, not contagious, how well the contact tracing was and all that stuff, so I was more worried for the guys and I was worried for myself.”

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

rivetz posted:

Obligatory caveat that Covid makes literally everything worse, but man it seems like the league is in such a good spot right now in terms of the talent/product. I look at the slate of games tonight and there's not one single team in the NBA I wouldn't happily watch from start to finish. Every team right now has multiple players completely worth checking out. And if you rank teams by tier in terms of their shot to win it all, not only does each tier have multiple teams, but the dropoff between teams is reasonable, i.e. even your third- or fourth-tier team is capable of putting together a compelling game on any given night, even the lottery-bound teams have got players I want to watch. And I have to think that if you take the NBA's top 100 and stack them by age, you'd find a terrific balance between old guard and new blood, just seems like a really healthy place for the league to be.

It staggers me sometimes that NBA revenues are so completely dwarfed by MLB's. Nothing against baseball, we all have our biases/preferences, but seriously, it's night and day imo. Using that tiering perspective I outlined above, you couldn't pay me to watch the two worst baseball teams poo poo up a field for three hours, but I'm allll about that matchup in the NBA. Just a more watchable product, period.

MLB did 9.9 billion in 2018, NBA did 8. MLB had twice as many games and more teams, I wouldn’t call that “dwarfing” the NBA. Basketball is definitely the second most popular sport in the US when you factor in college, too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is the MLB selling that well outside of the states, or is that just comparing NA sales?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rivetz posted:

Obligatory caveat that Covid makes literally everything worse, but man it seems like the league is in such a good spot right now in terms of the talent/product. I look at the slate of games tonight and there's not one single team in the NBA I wouldn't happily watch from start to finish. Every team right now has multiple players completely worth checking out. And if you rank teams by tier in terms of their shot to win it all, not only does each tier have multiple teams, but the dropoff between teams is reasonable, i.e. even your third- or fourth-tier team is capable of putting together a compelling game on any given night, even the lottery-bound teams have got players I want to watch. And I have to think that if you take the NBA's top 100 and stack them by age, you'd find a terrific balance between old guard and new blood, just seems like a really healthy place for the league to be.

It staggers me sometimes that NBA revenues are so completely dwarfed by MLB's. Nothing against baseball, we all have our biases/preferences, but seriously, it's night and day imo. Using that tiering perspective I outlined above, you couldn't pay me to watch the two worst baseball teams poo poo up a field for three hours, but I'm allll about that matchup in the NBA. Just a more watchable product, period.

i don't want to baseball post too much in the nba thread but i would not call baseball healthy when the official position of the commissioner is that baseball is terrible and they need to drastically change the rules and literally like 5 teams are trying to win baseball games and everyone else is salary dumping and there will almost certainly not be a 2022 season because of a strike or lockout.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

lebron utterly dominated lance everytime they played what are u talking about lol. hes probably averaging like 35/10/10 on lance all time lmao

28/8/7

MourningView posted:

Please consider the Utah Jazz

More than a third through the season and Utah nearly has an SRS of 10. They're definitely contenders so far.

The Maestro posted:

Now we can all finally admit that LBJ is elite.

Now that LBJ has played 1,000 hours in the NBA he only needs 9,000 more hours to be an NBA expert according to Malcolm Gladwell.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaUf_DFd6W8

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bill Russell trolled everyone who says Tom Brady or Michael Jordan is the GOAT of all sports with one simple photo
https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-russell-trolled-everyone-says-213042249.html

Spacebump posted:

This is one of the few all time stats that will be interesting to see where players from the current era onward will end up. Unlike almost every stat is probably up in this era from the last except minutes per game. At some point improvements in modern medicine/science + playing less minutes in a season will lead to players getting enough extra seasons to careers to not make it matter.

No other active players are close to entering that 50K minutes list. If the NBA keeps adding roster spots and using more random players for a game here or there and keeps getting more specialized then I doubt we will have more 60K players.

It could be like the MLB where Cy Young has nearly 7,500 IP and no active player even has 3K IP at the moment.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't want to baseball post too much in the nba thread but i would not call baseball healthy when the official position of the commissioner is that baseball is terrible and they need to drastically change the rules and literally like 5 teams are trying to win baseball games and everyone else is salary dumping and there will almost certainly not be a 2022 season because of a strike or lockout.

Baseballs huge mistake of this century was not embracing steroids. By now we would have multiple biogenetically enhanced players capable of hitting 700 foot HRs. Then you have the NFL with that one rating at its lowest since 1969. Sports are doomed?!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i voted for bulls all stars zach lavine and thad young.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

In order to compete in the NBA today a team must load up on elite 3P shooting.

RW just realized the Wizards are ranked 30th in SRS.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Is it me or has Ben Simmons being generally improving in points scored per game since the Harden trade? I mean it could be for numerous other and varied reasons, but he seems to be scoring more since then.

12.6 PPG before Harden trade.

15 PPG after Harden trade. :vince:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Some more of the poll results:

code:
Select the ECF loser:

Votes	Percentage
Bucks		25	24.5%
Heat		22	21.5%
76ers		21	20.5%
Celtics		16	15.6%
Raptors		 8	 7.8%
Nets		 7	 6.8%
Bulls		 1	 0.9%
Pacers		 1	 0.9%
Wizards		 1	 0.9%

Select the WCF loser:

Votes	Percentage
Clippers	33	32.3%
Lakers		26	25.4%
Mavericks	17	16.6%
Nuggets		16	15.6%
Trail Blazers	 4	 3.9%
Suns		 3	 2.9%
Jazz		 1	 0.9%
Thunder		 1	 0.9%
Warriors	 1	 0.9%

Select the Finals loser:

Votes	Percentage
Bucks		47	46.0%
76ers		18	17.6%
Lakers		11	10.7%
Celtics		 9	 8.8%
Clippers	 5	 4.9%
Nets		 4	 3.9%
Heat		 3	 2.9%
Trail Blazers	 2	 1.9%
Hawks		 1	 0.9%
Mavericks	 1	 0.9%
Nuggets		 1	 0.9%

Select the Finals winner:

Votes	Percentage
Lakers		65	63.7%
Bucks		10	 9.8%
Clippers	10	 9.8%
76ers		 4	 3.9%
Mavericks	 3	 2.9%
Nuggets		 3	 2.9%
Celtics		 2	 1.9%
Nets		 2	 1.9%
Heat		 1	 0.9%
Jazz		 1	 0.9%
Trail Blazers	 1	 0.9%

Select your favorite team:

Votes	Percentage
Raptors		11	10.7%
Timberwolves	10	 9.8%
Trail Blazers	 9	 8.8%
Bulls		 7	 6.8%
Lakers		 7	 6.8%
Mavericks	 6	 5.8%
76ers		 5	 4.9%
Nuggets		 5	 4.9%
Pacers		 5	 4.9%
Pistons		 4	 3.9%
Suns		 4	 3.9%
Warriors	 4	 3.9%
Heat		 3	 2.9%
Hornets		 3	 2.9%
Spurs		 3	 2.9%
Thunder		 3	 2.9%
Celtics		 2	 1.9%
Jazz		 2	 1.9%
Cavaliers	 1	 0.9%
Clippers	 1	 0.9%
Grizzlies	 1	 0.9%
Knicks		 1	 0.9%
Kings		 1	 0.9%
Magic		 1	 0.9%
Nets		 1	 0.9%
Rockets		 1	 0.9%
Bucks		 0	 0.0%
Hawks		 0	 0.0%
Pelicans	 0	 0.0%
Wizards		 0	 0.0%

Who is the most overrated current NBA player?

Votes	Percentage
James Harden		11	10.7%
Kyrie Irving		 7	 6.8%
Joel Embiid		 6	 5.8%
Paul George		 6	 5.8%
Gordon Hayward		 5	 4.9%
Russell Westbrook	 5	 4.9%
Rudy Gobert		 4	 3.9%
Ben Simmons		 3	 2.9%
D’Angelo Russell	 3	 2.9%
Jimmy Butler		 3	 2.9%
Stephen Curry		 3	 2.9%
Anthony Davis		 2	 1.9%
Bam Adebayo		 2	 1.9%
Devin Booker		 2	 1.9%
Giannis Antetokounmpo	 2	 1.9%
Jamal Murray		 2	 1.9%
Jayson Tatum		 2	 1.9%
John Wall		 2	 1.9%
Jrue Holiday		 2	 1.9%
Karl-Anthony Towns	 2	 1.9%
Kevin Durant		 2	 1.9%
Kyle Kuzma		 2	 1.9%
Bradley Beal		 1	 0.9%
Caris LeVert		 1	 0.9%
Carmelo Anthony		 1	 0.9%
Danny Green		 1	 0.9%
De'Aaron Fox		 1	 0.9%
Draymond Green		 1	 0.9%
Jaylen Brown		 1	 0.9%
Kawhi Leonard		 1	 0.9%
Kelly Oubre		 1	 0.9%
Kemba Walker		 1	 0.9%
Kendrick Nunn		 1	 0.9%
Klay Thompson		 1	 0.9%
Kristaps Porzingis	 1	 0.9%
Lauri Markkanen		 1	 0.9%
LeBron James		 1	 0.9%
Lou Williams		 1	 0.9%
Luka Doncic		 1	 0.9%
Michael Porter Jr.	 1	 0.9%
Nicolas Batum		 1	 0.9%
Trae Young		 1	 0.9%
Tyler Herro		 1	 0.9%
Victor Oladipo		 1	 0.9%
Zach LaVine		 1	 0.9%
Zion Williamson		 1	 0.9%

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 13, 2021

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Shaq Assures NBA Players His Baseless Cheap Shots Come From A Good Place

https://sports.theonion.com/shaq-assure-nba-players-his-baseless-cheap-shots-come-f-1846252864

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I clicked and then I tried to punch this dweeb through my phone after like 10 seconds

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Zogo posted:

Some more of the poll results:

Who is the most overrated current NBA player?

Votes Percentage
James Harden 11 10.7%
Kyrie Irving 7 6.8%
Joel Embiid 6 5.8%
Paul George 6 5.8%
Gordon Hayward 5 4.9%
Russell Westbrook 5 4.9%
Rudy Gobert 4 3.9%
Ben Simmons 3 2.9%
D’Angelo Russell 3 2.9%
Jimmy Butler 3 2.9%
Stephen Curry 3 2.9%
Anthony Davis 2 1.9%
Bam Adebayo 2 1.9%
Devin Booker 2 1.9%
Giannis Antetokounmpo 2 1.9%
Jamal Murray 2 1.9%
Jayson Tatum 2 1.9%
John Wall 2 1.9%
Jrue Holiday 2 1.9%
Karl-Anthony Towns 2 1.9%
Kevin Durant 2 1.9%
Kyle Kuzma 2 1.9%
Bradley Beal 1 0.9%
Caris LeVert 1 0.9%
Carmelo Anthony 1 0.9%
Danny Green 1 0.9%
De'Aaron Fox 1 0.9%
Draymond Green 1 0.9%
Jaylen Brown 1 0.9%
Kawhi Leonard 1 0.9%
Kelly Oubre 1 0.9%
Kemba Walker 1 0.9%
Kendrick Nunn 1 0.9%
Klay Thompson 1 0.9%
Kristaps Porzingis 1 0.9%
Lauri Markkanen 1 0.9%
LeBron James 1 0.9%
Lou Williams 1 0.9%
Luka Doncic 1 0.9%
Michael Porter Jr. 1 0.9%
Nicolas Batum 1 0.9%
Trae Young 1 0.9%
Tyler Herro 1 0.9%
Victor Oladipo 1 0.9%
Zach LaVine 1 0.9%
Zion Williamson 1 0.9%

Lol.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bip Roberts posted:

I clicked and then I tried to punch this dweeb through my phone after like 10 seconds

Look man nerds are the only people making videos like these.

All of Analytics twitter sound alike this as someone who has listened to hundreds of hours of Bulls podcasts

It's real scary hours out here for relevant Bulls content now that Boylen isn't making a fool of himself every night.

https://twitter.com/rob_schaef/status/1360710339176763396?s=20

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 13, 2021

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

This motherfucker wrote "kind've"

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Are you laughing cause you think he should have been number one 'most overrated'?

It's been 20 or so games this season, give the man some time to fail again in the playoffs or get injured with mystery problems when the team really needs him. Then he still has to beat Harden and Kyrie at being disappointing and they don't even play defence. It's a tough climb. He has his work cut-out for him but this season he has a chance.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Zogo posted:

Select your favorite team:

Votes Percentage
Raptors 11 10.7%
Timberwolves 10 9.8%
Trail Blazers 9 8.8%
Bulls 7 6.8%
Lakers 7 6.8%
Mavericks 6 5.8%
76ers 5 4.9%
Nuggets 5 4.9%
Pacers 5 4.9%
Pistons 4 3.9%
Suns 4 3.9%
Warriors 4 3.9%
Heat 3 2.9%
Hornets 3 2.9%
Spurs 3 2.9%
Thunder 3 2.9%
Celtics 2 1.9%
Jazz 2 1.9%
Cavaliers 1 0.9%
Clippers 1 0.9%
Grizzlies 1 0.9%
Knicks 1 0.9%
Kings 1 0.9%
Magic 1 0.9%
Nets 1 0.9%
Rockets 1 0.9%
Bucks 0 0.0%
Hawks 0 0.0%
Pelicans 0 0.0%
Wizards 0 0.0%

Lmao there are only five sixers posters

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

big boi posted:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

big boi posted:

There are only five posters who have the Sixers as their favourite team. There could easily be more than five Sixers fans.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

big boi posted:

It really is shocking, there’s supposedly as many Pacers fans but I don’t even know who the Pacers PG/backup forward is. Malcolm Gladwell?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that’s only how many took the survey

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
The amount of blazers fans is crazy

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

big boi posted:

many sixers posters exist outside the temporal realm, or have not yet manifested themselves corporeally (much like ben simmons' jumper, which exists only in the theoretical realm where short white guys in the gym reside)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't make fun of the sixers fans because i am constantly just blasting my dumb takes about a stupid, irrelevant lottery team while the sixers are actually like a real team that is on TV

BUT

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

big boi posted:

This motherfucker wrote "kind've"

the inverse "could of"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm crying https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1360711268831801344?s=19

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don’t take zogo surveys for the same reason i don’t use google services or alexa

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I’ve never seen a Zogo poll where the hell are they

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paperback Writer posted:

I’ve never seen a Zogo poll where the hell are they

you have to read the thread

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I love James harden, and all of the foul calls he gets as well, which have all been fair his whole career. I’ve always thought this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

you have to read the thread
oh gently caress that