Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A nation state wouldn't even bother leaving a ransom note imo

Assuming they had a reason to steal the files of a video game company in the first place. Maybe CDPR does some netrunning for the Polish government on the side???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dyzzy posted:

A nation state wouldn't even bother leaving a ransom note imo

Assuming they had a reason to steal the files of a video game company in the first place. Maybe CDPR does some netrunning for the Polish government on the side???

You realize China steals IP literally all the time, right? They just rebrand/repurpose whatever product they want and sell it nationally. They've been doing it with software for as long as software has existed.

e: New page? Have an image.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
If you have examples of video games that have gone through this process I'm genuinely curious to see what that looks like

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Cybersino: Year of the Ox available on the Alibaba launcher tomorrow!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I don't doubt at all that someone bought it. Collecting leaked source code is probably the modern billionaire tech bro equivalent of collecting art.

In fact I think there's literally a character in Gibson or Sterling who does exactly that

Cyberpunk af

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Reverse engineering an engine for a million dollars is probably cheaper than developing your own engine for 10’s of millions, but also this just looks obscenely bad to investors

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dyzzy posted:

If you have examples of video games that have gone through this process I'm genuinely curious to see what that looks like

The last one I actually remember seeing gameplay of was a few years ago and it was a ripoff of an already substandard game. Most of the time I hear about this stuff I'm usually listening to podcasts :smith:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Shkreli can't keep getting away with it :argh:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Hi guys, could do with a bit of help. For reasons, I am trying to a GOG Galaxy version of Cyberpunk through a Steam link but am getting stuck at the 'press space to enter menus' because it doesn't recognise buttons on the controller.

I am using this line to run the game from Steam big picture mode via Gog Galaxy.

/command=runGame /gameId=1423049311 /path="C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077"

I gather I am suppsed to add these next lines *somewhere* to skip through the loading screens to reach the menu but I don't know where they go. Anyome have a clue?

–launcher-skip
-skipStartScreen

ravennest_89
Feb 8, 2019
It seems that Mike Pondsmith has talked regarding the Morgan Blackhand-not-appearing-in the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/comments/lheqvn/rogue_and_kerry_2013/gn0g87h/

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ravennest_89 posted:

It seems that Mike Pondsmith has talked regarding the Morgan Blackhand-not-appearing-in the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/comments/lheqvn/rogue_and_kerry_2013/gn0g87h/

Oh? What has he said regarding Morgan Blackhand not appearing in the game?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mike Pondsmith posted:

In 2013, Johnny attacks Arasaka purely to save Alt. (okay, so he's also pissed at them because they messed with him). Near the end of the 4th Corporate War in 2023, Johnny's old Media pal Thompson finds out that Arasaka has amassed a huge, uncontaminated database that will make it close to all powerful in the wake of Bartmoss's wreck of the Net. Thompson arranges an assault on the database, backed by Militech (who is fighting with Arasaka worldwide). The Bomb is a suitcase bomb that the team brings along to destroy the database if need be (Militech provides the Bomb, along with Morgan Blackhand, who is there to make sure the op goes off).

Johnny comes along because his friend Spider Murphy has also discovered that Arasaka has trapped Alt after 10 years of hunting for her. He's mainly there to get her back, but is willing to join up with Thompson and Morgan to get the job(s) done. Johnny's recollection of the events that day are scrambled from the rad damage his body took and the process of recording his engram (CDPR and I have both agreed that Johnny is an unreliable narrator at best). The bomb that went off was detonated by someone in the assault (the actual person is unknown), but Militech and the NUSA both decided to pin the blame on Arasaka anyway.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Doesn't seem to be saying anything at all. Personally I hope Blackhand never shows up in the game at all. Maybe a DLC where you're trying to chase down the same target as him and are always one step behind until the very end when you beat him to the conclusion, but he still never shows up.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't get why he's saying that at all. Is that because there's a conflict between what he wrote and what's in the game and trying to right that by saying "Oh no, Johnny just forgot to mention that Morgan Blackhand was there... 'cause of the radiation."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Must have been Sin's toxins getting to him again.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Morgan is in the game, files point to him
being Mr. Blue Eyes
. But that might have been a revision / something overlooked.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In my heart of hearts, I believe this is because Morgan Blackhand was Pondsmith’s ultra special OC DO NOT STEAL and there’s literally no reason why Blackhand wouldn’t have been there, to the point that his absence is extremely weird if you know the backstory, and Mike is just too much of an Uber-Nerd to let it slip by. It’s the same energy as Mark Hammil being bummed that Luke never got to be on screen with Mara Jade doing backflips and poo poo, except imagine it was George Lucas personal special boy insert instead.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Saw this and was like, "Oh, hey!"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is the secret ending locked behind exactly one dialogue path at the oil fields, or do you just have to not tear a strip off the poor guy and end with calling Rogue? I was as close to 100% nice as I could be, which isn't the "nah you hosed up too" line, and now I'm at 60% affinity with only the Nancy / Bes Isis quest to go before I'm out of everything but racing.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 5, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think it’s two specific choices in the oil field conversations but yeah that’s about it, last I checked.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s extremely weird because the dialogue choices are essentially “be as nice to Johnny as possible except for one specific instance where you must be brutally honest with them, then continue treating them like a puppy”, and to be honest, it feels wholly inconsistent with how you have to respond to everything else he says.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Yeah, I kind of wish I hadn't seen the spoiler for that because I don't know that I'd have picked that option "in character" but when I got there I thought, what am I gonna do, talk myself out of an ending option?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“It’s Ok, Johnny”
“It’s not so bad, Johnny”
“You’re not that bad of a guy, Johnny”
“You ruined my life you prick”
“You’re a good apple, John my boy”

^Secret Ending Unlocked^

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The good news is it doesn't change the epilogue much at all, so catching it on another playthrough won't feel so different.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Having done the secret ending I am now free to choose exactly what I think "my character" would say next playthru

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean its i get it. Johnny's engram/memories has basically been in limbo for 60 years and its probably hosed up getting shot/tortured/radiation/alcohol/drugs/etc have hosed his brain up when he was alive. so it wouldnt shock me if he doesn't remember the full thing and they are saving morgan for a DLC.

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s extremely weird because the dialogue choices are essentially “be as nice to Johnny as possible except for one specific instance where you must be brutally honest with them, then continue treating them like a puppy”, and to be honest, it feels wholly inconsistent with how you have to respond to everything else he says.

yeah. like i get what they are going for. you have a weird love hate relationship and than Johnny has a genuine "wow i was a piece of poo poo" moment and you handle it well and that makes him genuinely care about you. etc. the issue i have is there arnt enough big/little quests where you can bond with him with and choices and poo poo. i do sorta like that you "become" a merge of both personalities after awhile.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Yeah i understand the angst of missing it but without telling him he hosed up he has no reason to think of a plan and without being nice to him otherwise he has no impetus to give a single hoot, wild or tamed

I like it as storytelling but maybe it's at odds with the idea of endings as rewards, and maybe don't make players sit around for five minutes before he suggests it?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Am I just incredibly unlucky or what? I've been crafting the same legendary gun over and over trying to get it to roll a different element but it keeps rolling physical damage. I thought the stupid 'fixed stats' change was rolled back in a hotfix. :confused:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

UnknownMercenary posted:

Am I just incredibly unlucky or what? I've been crafting the same legendary gun over and over trying to get it to roll a different element but it keeps rolling physical damage. I thought the stupid 'fixed stats' change was rolled back in a hotfix. :confused:

Which gun? I forget what they call their unique guns (signature?) anyways those ones have their elemental damage type set. Or it's a bug.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's the Headsman. I swear I was doing electrical damage with it but I guess not; both the purple and legendary ones say physical damage.

e: Okay that's enough Cyberpunk for today.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 15, 2021

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Wow. I just bought this at the behest of my best gal pal and can you seriously not remap your controls?

I even installed a mod that said it'd let me, but it didn't work.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
The February patch is certainly gonna be something, one way or another.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Wow. I just bought this at the behest of my best gal pal and can you seriously not remap your controls?

I even installed a mod that said it'd let me, but it didn't work.

You talking controller or kbm, because I don't seem to have a issue with kbm :shrug: i'm using a dodge button mod as well

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Yeah i understand the angst of missing it but without telling him he hosed up he has no reason to think of a plan and without being nice to him otherwise he has no impetus to give a single hoot, wild or tamed

I like it as storytelling but maybe it's at odds with the idea of endings as rewards, and maybe don't make players sit around for five minutes before he suggests it?

It's more like "you have the option to be polite or curt with Johnny at various points throughout the story, yet only this one specific dialogue choice gives you 10% more Happy Points to Unlock Secret Ending." It's an extremely gamified scenario that tries to come off as being organic character development. That, to me, is lame.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There are other problems with the Johnny friendship meter, too. In my initial playthrough of the Johnny/Rogue ending my V was shoving and punching Johnny like she didn't want him to go despite us agreeing the entire time that she should have the body. It was super weird and felt like a dropped plot flag somewhere.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

UnknownMercenary posted:

It's the Headsman. I swear I was doing electrical damage with it but I guess not; both the purple and legendary ones say physical damage.

e: Okay that's enough Cyberpunk for today.

:allears:

https://streamable.com/d4qzj6

Not going to like, I kind of enjoy this poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I remember in the early going it was rumored that Jean Reno was going to play Morgan Blackhand and that the personality in the chip depended on your character build. Sounded cool at the time.

Morgan will almost certainly be in the dlc. I'm kinda surprised that there weren't more references to him given that he and Adam Smasher had a very long rivalry.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

This really is the most beautiful game I’ve ever played.

Hard to overstate just how historically well this game did at it’s design. Almost eerie how well it captures Southern California aesthetics and NYC/Shanghai verticality.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Zeroisanumber posted:

I remember in the early going it was rumored that Jean Reno was going to play Morgan Blackhand and that the personality in the chip depended on your character build. Sounded cool at the time.

Morgan will almost certainly be in the dlc. I'm kinda surprised that there weren't more references to him given that he and Adam Smasher had a very long rivalry.

a part of me is convinced they cut morgan because they were afraid people would make fun of two characters in their ultra-serious game being named silverhand and blackhand, like, hand hand hand? what's with all this hand imagery? did you just see a hand?

but morgan blackhand's solo guide is also in the game so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

fennesz posted:

:allears:

https://streamable.com/d4qzj6

Not going to like, I kind of enjoy this poo poo.

landing succssfl....