Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Weird since you can reverse axis on PS4, but sadly not y-speed which it does sorely need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you can reverse axis on PC, but only on gamepad :psyduck:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, that's weird too. Maybe it has something to do with mouse navigation in menus or something where it's hard to diffrentiate between them and gameplay. You don't use the camera stick to navigate menus on a controller after all.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Jean is far superior to Mona. Put a Venerer’s set on her and she works great in every team except Geo. The resistance shred damage boost is very comparable to Bennett’s attack boost, and her E hits like a truck without physics. She’s just extremely fun to play as too with all of the mob tossing you can do.

Mona was my first 5* and I don’t use her for anything anymore. She’s been completely outclassed as a support/sub-DPS by Zhongli now.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I just put both Bennett and Jean on the same team and am pretty much unkillable, it's extremely relaxing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i have vv set on her! but i don't want her to push enemies away, i want her to hit the swirl and immediately switch back to my dps, rather than knockback-switch-dash-bennet ult-dash-switch-and by that time the debuff has run out.

that said, i could always do this with her ult. at least, if it could hit enemies above or below her.

you know why mona is good? because she creates persistent elemental infusions that massively increase your damage through reactions, and i don't have other units that can do this. jean... does not. if her ult swirled everything in it constantly, even without doing damage, i would be singing a completely different song.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 14, 2021

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
man, getting artifacts with both crit rate and crit dmg is rough. So much resin used

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Huh, they shortened Oceanid's monologue. Did that happen this patch?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

similar to the oversimplified Bennett > Jean comparison, i think you could say Xingqiu > Mona

eventually i'd like to finish building mine and mess around with her, but it has always been a kind of tedious idea considering her burst has such specific requirements and stuff like her dash and skill cast feel awful

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dogsicle posted:

similar to the oversimplified Bennett > Jean comparison, i think you could say Xingqiu > Mona

xing IS better than mona as straight support and i just put refine 3 sacrificial sword on him. however, he can't run fast

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I heard a rumor that freezing units affected by Mona's omen will extend the duration of the damage buff. Don't own Mona so I can't confirm it.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Jean and Bennett are indisputably the best two healers in the game by a vast margin, and you'll always want to run both in the Abyss if you have both, so it's kind of academic which is "actually" best until they release a third healer in the same weight class who would actually make you choose to bench one or the other.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well drat, I heard that having and using Qiqi basically makes you immortal, but Bennet and Jean are better? I've gotta buff his healing bonus artifact soon.

I finally started upgrading artifacts again and I burned away 600k mora in no time, It's crazy how fast you can burn through money in this game, coming from single player ones where going broke is an active effort you have to make, like DQ11 or Yakuza.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Who needs a healer, let alone two, when you can have a 10k shield with a 100% uptime that also reduces all resistances?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

RareAcumen posted:

Well drat, I heard that having and using Qiqi basically makes you immortal, but Bennet and Jean are better? I've gotta buff his healing bonus artifact soon.

I finally started upgrading artifacts again and I burned away 600k mora in no time, It's crazy how fast you can burn through money in this game, coming from single player ones where going broke is an active effort you have to make, like DQ11 or Yakuza.

Qiqi is the best healer, but that's all she does. Bennett and Jean are healers but also do other, amazing things.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

I heard a rumor that freezing units affected by Mona's omen will extend the duration of the damage buff. Don't own Mona so I can't confirm it.

Testing it right now, it's very hard to tell but it seems that if a freeze pops Mona's bubble, the duration of that freeze extends the duration of the damage buff.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AParadox posted:

Testing it right now, it's very hard to tell but it seems that if a freeze pops Mona's bubble, the duration of that freeze extends the duration of the damage buff.
Awesome, ty. Sounds quite good with Ganyu.

King of Bleh posted:

Jean and Bennett are indisputably the best two healers in the game by a vast margin, and you'll always want to run both in the Abyss if you have both, so it's kind of academic which is "actually" best until they release a third healer in the same weight class who would actually make you choose to bench one or the other.
I used to say this for last abyss. The current one is so easy that you can get away with Xingqiu healer. I actually didn't run Bennett.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gandlethorpe posted:

Who needs a healer, let alone two, when you can have a 10k shield with a 100% uptime that also reduces all resistances?

who needs a shield when you can do 120,000+ damage with mona + klee!

maybe i'm too hard on jean but honestly she's the absolute last character i need. she has 0% compatibility with any other unit i use. i don't need a healer who is only sort of good at everything; i need a unit that is either a dedicated main DPS, or a dedicated support, or a dedicated sub DPS. i have diona, i have qiqi, i have c6 barbara, i have bennet... what do i need? i needed to pull venti instead of keqing, that's what i need.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are any of the Royal weapons worth it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did anyone else have an issue with this?

I killed all the dudes and opened the chest but the marker is still up telling me to go there.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are any of the Royal weapons worth it?
Nope. Next month blackcliff will be back and some of those can be worth it, especially if you don't buy BP.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Jean is all about team slot efficiency. In timed hard content (well, as far as this game has hard content, which really isn't very far at all) you need to bring a healer and you want to bring a RES shred. Jean is the only character that can do both, while also having a bunch of utility and pretty dang good ratios on her skills. That leaves another slot open for another burst support.

Also fur20 you whiny baby just go get a third party program to invert mouse y or whatever, jeez.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

MarcusSA posted:

Did anyone else have an issue with this?

I killed all the dudes and opened the chest but the marker is still up telling me to go there.

Looks like there was a bug they fixed where the treasure in Minlin couldn't be dug up? Log out and back in again to get the patch, that might fix it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
accessibility for all!!! (except the things i don't think need it)

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

No Wave posted:

Nope. Next month blackcliff will be back and some of those can be worth it, especially if you don't buy BP.

Alright thanks.

Also has anyone done the math if the entire event store could be bought out?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Fur20 posted:

who needs a shield when you can do 120,000+ damage with mona + klee!

Abyss 12 mobs have like half a million HP. You can't really usefully one shot things with her without hyperinvestment and 5* weapons. I've almost completely abandoned the vaporize build, it's just way too niche. Currently running her on an ultspam team with Ganyu instead where every single team member has either sacrifical or Favonius weapons (Ganyu/Mona/Sucrose/Diona). Mona is still more gimmicky than good though. Agree that Xingqiu is better in general.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

Alright thanks.

Also has anyone done the math if the entire event store could be bought out?
We can't be completely certain until we know the quantities for part 3. Signs point to yes (and I think there would be a lot of tears if you couldn't) but I'm still holding a thousand coins in reserve just in case.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Fur20 posted:

accessibility for all!!! (except the things i don't think need it)

I actually agree with you that the mouse controls are awful (Y axis sensitivity is wack) but one thing that absolutely won't fix the problem is constantly whining about it on something awful dot com. And especially not when brought up as a complete non-sequitur in a discussion about a specific character.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

TheFluff posted:

Abyss 12 mobs have like half a million HP. You can't really usefully one shot things with her without hyperinvestment and 5* weapons. I've almost completely abandoned the vaporize build, it's just way too niche. Currently running her on an ultspam team with Ganyu instead where every single team member has either sacrifical or Favonius weapons (Ganyu/Mona/Sucrose/Diona). Mona is still more gimmicky than good though. Agree that Xingqiu is better in general.

Related: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/lhnkjo/12_spiral_abyss_123_second_half_in_7_seconds/

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i think it's the one control option that's directly relevant to Jean because so much of her damage comes from fall damage from her E. the last thing you want is to spend the stamina on charging it, but then you accidentally tilt the camera in the wrong direction and you get hit in the back while you're correcting it, cancelling your attack without refunding your cooldown :shepface:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

quote:

Childe - 2 Noblesse/2 Gladiator : 415 EM/15.9% crit rate/217.1% crit damage/1544 atk - lv 12 Q - Stringless r5

Chong - 2 Noblesse/2 Gladiator: 240 EM/48.2% crit rate/170.5% crit damage/2300 atk - lv 13 Q - Wolf r1
The odds of all five of those critting is .84%. These people are crazy.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ITT: Every 5 star sucks, use Bennett.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

:wrong:

also use Xingqiu

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Zhongli is good because his shield lets me do Oceanid fights without having to worry about the flying birds. :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no joke my team is bennet/razor/xingqiu/whoever is tallest idc (unless i'm doing the water boss)

bring another pyro for even more :black101:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I don't really understand the complaint about vertical tolerance on Jean's ult when literally all content that actually matters takes place on a flat surface.

I guess you can't hit Oceanid's birds, but that's true for like half the cast.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

lol reset comps

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

The first time I noticed that geo daddy's shield has 100% uptime I wondered if I would ever take damage again

only when I forget to re-up

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cattail Prophet posted:

I don't really understand the complaint about vertical tolerance on Jean's ult when literally all content that actually matters takes place on a flat surface.

I guess you can't hit Oceanid's birds, but that's true for like half the cast.

I guess it's more just the principle of the thing. Like, she's a 5* unit and she can't hit things with her ult? Come on! I used to use her in overworld and it feels bad to miss an enemy standing right in front of you. Its i-frames also expire before you regain control of her, which feels bad also. I'm just bummed because I actually do want to use her, hell C1 Jean burned my pity on Zhongli, but she needs just a little bit of re-tuning, plus a couple of major QoL changes to the controls as a whole.

Jack of all Trades, whatever, she doesn't really fit into my parties but I get that. But because of the way the game's code is written, she feels worse to use than she actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I really wanted Qiqi because she paired well with Razor, and now that my Xiao has replaced Razor as one of my carries she serves him very well (especially when you use her ult before his, it completely erases the HP drain). Slap a Sucrose in the team for the anemo res and use the last slot as a flex (Fischl, Xiangling, XQ/Mona, etc) and just wreck face.