Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wish they would fix Ramp. She is so fun, has so many great lines, and is worthless.

I just got a Legendary skin for her too, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Cretin90 posted:

Lol at them only showing the player zoomed in via 4x with the devo for a fraction of a second before cutting to a 3rd person view because it’s loving impossible to control at that magnification.

it is with a controller :v:

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

I finally played this game for a bit after not playing since season 3, and apparently now the most toxic champion is caustic (go figure)? He's such a shitter in pubs because nobody wants to sit around in a building all game, and the new map is open as gently caress. Isn't there still Watson for camping a building?

It's almost offensive because the only reason I picked him so much in Season 2 was to camp Skulltown, and he was considered absolute trash back then. Now I've had people pissed in the chat I'm picking him first because "he is meta" when before they were all grubbing over wraith and pathfinder.

And they bring back King's Canyon but not Skulltown? :psyduck:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nothing has really changed except the game's meta. People realized stalling out until the final ring gave you a greater chance of actually winning, and, as it turns out, Caustic and other area-denial legends are very good in the final ring. So now all the ultratwitch 720* spin flick Krabers are crying about Caustic because they hide in a corner all game long and then get gassed to death because they waited for forever.

I have a whole lot more respect for Japan's meta.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Speaking of meta, I haven't watched any pro matches since the patch but I have watched some of the TSM crew's streams and they've stopped using Wraith. Is that because of the hitbox nerf or because people realized the Caustic/Horizon package is just better?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I guess because everyone likes Horizon it's time for me to ask this. Does her passive actually do anything?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

xtal posted:

I guess because everyone likes Horizon it's time for me to ask this. Does her passive actually do anything?

Yes, it's actually very useful

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it seems like a niche ability, but the thing is that the niche is situations that make or break a fight

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

xtal posted:

Does her passive actually do anything?

How many times have you self-stunned yourself by dropping down from a high level?

Horizon passive removes that.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

xtal posted:

Yes, Reddit is currently whining and calling for it to be nerfed because it's insanely good if you've put in the time to get good at movement. You can air strafe and tap strafe much more quickly which helps you evade shots and get into cover easily.

45 second tutorial on tap strafing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GreM5w6Jks4

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

dragon enthusiast posted:

it seems like a niche ability, but the thing is that the niche is situations that make or break a fight

And the niche is guaranteed to come up at least once every match, at that

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

xtal posted:

* Move at full speed while healing in midair
* THANKS JUMPJETS!
* Loot and shoot a full second earlier on landing
* ANOTHER SOFT LANDING!

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wish they would fix Ramp. She is so fun, has so many great lines, and is worthless.

I've been having a bunch of fun with her, spamming double gold mag spitfires, spamming voicelines, I even set up sheila every once in a while.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rampart is better this season. Indirectly from Spitfire buff and directly from Minigun range increase to 180 degrees. I enjoy her a lot.

Her amped cover also now slowly gains HP as it builds and a lower cooldown. It's still not AMAZING but it has a better chance of surviving while building in combat.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 17, 2021

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
give rampart the ability to dual wield sheila with the spitfire

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Have her always start with a gold Mozambique

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Let her wear two of her walls like a sandwich board.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
let her ride the walls like link surfs his shield

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nothing has really changed except the game's meta. People realized stalling out until the final ring gave you a greater chance of actually winning, and, as it turns out, Caustic and other area-denial legends are very good in the final ring. So now all the ultratwitch 720* spin flick Krabers are crying about Caustic because they hide in a corner all game long and then get gassed to death because they waited for forever.

I have a whole lot more respect for Japan's meta.

Yeah it doesn't seem to have changed one bit in pubs. I never cared too much about ranked.

They buffed the heck out of bloodhound though, I played him like 80% of the time because I thought the short ranged wallhacks was amazing. And now it's like 3x the range and he spams it during his ult? Pretty outrageous.

Lifeline reviving without her being there seems kinda dumb. I had these games where I was rezzing the same guy so many times in a row I probably could have used the shield as a barrier.

Horizon seems OP in general.

And somehow, the games with Loba on my team we still spend half the game looking for loot instead of fighting people.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The devs point blank refuse to buff Loba's active, to the point that the cooldown for her ult is comedically short, because they know it's really powerful.
Which sucks, give me constant telobaports you cowards.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just wish there would be a line and a marker on the minimap showing where you'll teleport to

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I wish they would buff Loba's tactical so it actually works more than once in a blue moon :mad:

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Loba's tactical is great as is - you have time to grab a quick snack waiting for the animations to end.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Loba's tactical is great as is - you have time to grab a quick snack waiting for the animations to end.

Correct, I usually end up teleported to the lobby.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Loba's ult will be able to kill people by stealing their organs before they even touch her tactical.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

They should give rev a second passive where if you stand still for a bit you turn into a fake deathbox like he does in his skydive emote

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

They should give rev a second passive where if you stand still for a bit you turn into a fake deathbox like he does in his skydive emote

And when people try to loot you it explodes!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Cretin90 posted:

Lol at them only showing the player zoomed in via 4x with the devo for a fraction of a second before cutting to a 3rd person view because it’s loving impossible to control at that magnification.

I really like devo 4x, you're not gonna hit every shot but you're gonna put enough on a guy rotating that he's either going down or getting real chunked

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The 3030 is the best gun for midrange sniping people that are trying to flee Market lol

I saw others complain about the projectile speed on it but I think it's fine.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gotta say that from when I started playing last year at the start of Season 7 I can really feel the improvement. A lot of guns I didn't like using I've turned around and love now (DMR, Charge Rifle, 301, R99 to name a few) and I feel way more consistent hitting people with most of a mag in heated close/mid firefights. Never been a fan of the idea of BRs but Apex really does just feel fantastic enough gameplay and character wise to make up for the really slow bits.

There's also enough dumb physics poo poo that happens in this game to tickle my fancy. Apex good.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
It's the great mobility that does it for me. Running and jumping around feels fantastic even if you're not a mobility class, doubly so if you are

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Kalko posted:

Let her wear two of her walls like a sandwich board.

This, except they keep their hitbox so she can't fit through doors.

Simone Magus posted:

It's the great mobility that does it for me. Running and jumping around feels fantastic even if you're not a mobility class, doubly so if you are

The common complaint about BRs is how little happens between fights, but when its really fun to just go w-shift-ctrl, it helps a lot.

I'm sure i've mentioned it, but I sometimes play Fortnite with my friend and his kids and the movement makes me so sad. Just like running in mud, that game.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the only other BR i put time into was spellbreak and while i think movement in that is better than apex the rest of the game is pretty amateur hour. its pretty impressive how much apex innovated on the genre on launch that other games haven't caught up with yet two years later

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I used to like PUBG quite a bit not too long ago, but I tried playing it recently and now it seems like a janky knock off of the genre. It's slow and ugly and it just feels bad to play.

And Rampart is my new favorite I think. I dig her passives so much I don't really care about her abilities being a little underwhelming. When they work though, they work really well imo. I've beaten both my damage and kills records with her in no time and I'm having fun doing it. Gonna have to craft a new outfit for her.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
Rampart is super fun with the Lstar/Spitfire combo

they will end up overcorrecting her as what happened to Gibraltar

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNASpUQFHc

SkrtSkrt edited a vid for both our views during each fight. It's pretty sweet

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Cowslips Warren posted:

With a spitfire now she's pretty nasty.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

dogstile posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNASpUQFHc

SkrtSkrt edited a vid for both our views during each fight. It's pretty sweet

M-m-m-multiview

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

unsurprisingly the switch port runs at 30fps and looks like rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ-dE_5el5Q&t=4254s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Watching your opponent reload awkwardly while you still half more than half a clip of spitfire is :discourse: