Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Zhongli rules for theater mechanicus because his hold E drains geo element, so a group of geo shield churls will get half the hp of their shield destroyed in a second. Just switch to your claymore and finish em off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Zhongli rules for theater mechanicus because his hold E drains geo element, so a group of geo shield churls will get half the hp of their shield destroyed in a second. Just switch to your claymore and finish em off.

shiiiiiiit i forgot he does that

that's gonna make so many things so much easier - I guess the question is who to cut? I've been running Ganyu / Childe / Klee / Jean, and honestly with big ol hydro towers everywhere Childe is unnecessary. Klee does melt/vape and knockback, Jean is panic yeets, Ganyu is easy mode button

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Saxophone posted:

So with a Benny Aura and a Zhong shield I'm dropping guaranteed 32k crits. Zhong Li is dumb and awesome.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Nakar posted:

Yeah testing the Desire tower more it's clearly a good investment since slots and coverage are the biggest limiting factor and it doubles the power of towers. Basically it's worse than two towers if it's only buffing one (since two of the same tower costs only slightly more and has a higher effective fire rate), but it's better than a third tower if you already have two and it can further multiply the power of Melt/Vaporize reactions so it's great buffing Pyro towers. A trio of different elements with a Desire tower definitely takes out the latest map with ease.

It's at its strongest when it can buff 3-4 other towers and in a few rare places on a few maps it can actually buff more than that at which point it's simply insane value, though I think you rarely want more than 3-4 towers in one spot with a Desire tower active anyway, you should be covering somewhere else instead.

I did the "only build 12 towers" on the new stage using the Desire towers - putting Electro and Pyro at the entry and Cryo and Hydro in the back with the Desire in the middle. Then Hydro and Cryo in the middle of the board. It's really strong, it completely melts big guys and little guys get knocked over by the electro. It's hard because you can't start with a couple recovery that you pick up and replace with Desire. I think once you get one of those power squares going you can basically AFK and get the award.

Ganyu/Geo Traveler/Zhongli/Jean. Don't worry about sparking reactions - control the field of battle.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
38 blue slimes

60k mora
2 green character ascension gems
6 green weapon ascension pieces
1 blue weapon ascension piece

I hope those weren't wasted, I only have about 1800 gray slimes left :ohdear:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The buffing towers seem to effectively remove the threat of Ruin Guards/Graders, since they make it easy to just DPS them down with Pyro towers.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

150 Mint.
10 hero's wit, 18 adventurers experience.
I only used Sucrose to charge the device as an experiment.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
150 chilies

2 hero, 4 adventurer
1 mid-tier talent material
8 low-tier talent material
12 low-tier weapon material

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Araganzar posted:

I did the "only build 12 towers" on the new stage using the Desire towers - putting Electro and Pyro at the entry and Cryo and Hydro in the back with the Desire in the middle. Then Hydro and Cryo in the middle of the board. It's really strong, it completely melts big guys and little guys get knocked over by the electro. It's hard because you can't start with a couple recovery that you pick up and replace with Desire. I think once you get one of those power squares going you can basically AFK and get the award.

Ganyu/Geo Traveler/Zhongli/Jean. Don't worry about sparking reactions - control the field of battle.

The less than 12 towers task lets you demolish or rebuild as long as the count stays under 12.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mirello posted:

Goddamn the new floor 12 sucks..can't even get past 12-1 lol. I know everyone joked about the old 12 being easier than 11, but this is pretty much almost impossible for me
I had a ton of fun with the fight but if I were lower level it would feel totally unfair. The fight design punishes you excessively for being underleveled - not only are there two enemies but I think their enrage phase transition is time-based rather than life total based. If you don't have seriously massive shields or big damage it's very hard to get through, I wouldn't enjoy this pre-AR50 at all.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
If I got an off-banner 5* a few banners ago, and then hit pity again on a different banner do I get the guaranteed featured person? Or is it just the number of pulls that carries over?

For clarity I got Mona on Zhongli’s banner, haven’t played since, and now have like 30 pulls saved up that’ll get me to ~60 total

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

malbogio posted:

150 Mint.

I wonder if who you use to charge it matters. I've always used Childe.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

If I got an off-banner 5* a few banners ago, and then hit pity again on a different banner do I get the guaranteed featured person? Or is it just the number of pulls that carries over?

For clarity I got Mona on Zhongli’s banner, haven’t played since, and now have like 30 pulls saved up that’ll get me to ~60 total

Yea, you will get the guaranteed banner person since you got an off-banner 5*. The banners of the same type (weapon, character) all carry over to the same type of banner.

Also, I have tended to use the same characters to charge the transmogrifier thing and have used 150 mint each time so far and got somewhat different results. This time I got something like 6 purple exp books, 11 blue exp ones, then 1-2 blue talent books and a handful of green books (I did not pay attention). For the few previous weeks I recall getting 20k mora and less books. I am guessing there is some unit system where 20k mora = 1 unit, X exp books = 1 unit etc. and each week you get something like 4-5 units.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 17, 2021

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Pain of Mind posted:

Yea, you will get the guaranteed banner person since you got an off-banner 5*. The banners of the same type (weapon, character, etc.) all carry over to the same type of banner.

That’s cool as hell. Guess I’m gonna finally get Keqing :v:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I decided not to save the five free fates and threw them at the Xiao banner and got C1 Diona. I never use Diona.

If you want to win a bet, bet against me. :v:

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

bandaid.friend posted:

150 chilies

2 hero, 4 adventurer
1 mid-tier talent material
8 low-tier talent material
12 low-tier weapon material

I took a break after 1.2 and recently came back. Is this some system to burn excess mats for something somewhere?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Stare-Out posted:

I decided not to save the five free fates and threw them at the Xiao banner and got C1 Diona. I never use Diona.

That's.. not how probability works, you probably shouldnt do betting.

LordVorbis posted:

I took a break after 1.2 and recently came back. Is this some system to burn excess mats for something somewhere?

Yep! https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Parametric_Transformer

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

LordVorbis posted:

There's a quest you get in Liyue that gives you a gadget with a week's cooldown you can throw a bunch of items into and get money, xp books, talent books and the like after you hit it with elemental attacks. It's handy but seems pretty random as to what you get.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Stare-Out posted:

Diona is a 4*, and they are a dime/dozen. Unless you had a bet with a friend your next 4* would not be Diona, I am not sure where the surprise is.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 17, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I wanted one Beidou and got 4 Diona, 3 Xinyan.

That said my Diona is leveled and the constellations felt pretty meaningful. Her E and Q benefit a whole lot from the extra talent levels. She fits nicely with Ganyu too so even though she's not C6 yet she has a real use.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Diona is a 4*, and they are a dime/dozen. Unless you had a bet with a friend your next 4* would not be Diona, I am not sure where the surprise is.

They are a dime a dozen, and I have a lot of four stars I wouldn't mind getting a constellation for, so after getting C2 for Amber a few days ago, getting C1 for Diona kinda sucks!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If only they cost a dime :(

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

If the constellation items were interchangeable, I'd spent actual money on this game. :v:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

I wanted one Beidou and got 4 Diona, 3 Xinyan.

That said my Diona is leveled and the constellations felt pretty meaningful. Her E and Q benefit a whole lot from the extra talent levels. She fits nicely with Ganyu too so even though she's not C6 yet she has a real use.

Diona is great on my ganyu team for healing and cryo resonance. Even when Zhongli is there for shielding. Shes even better with her shield when I need to put Zhongli on my other team for abyss.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The constellation trap is that once you get high constellations on a few 4*s you start really, really wanting them on all the 4*s you use. I'm leveling Beidou but I keep thinking about how she'd do >35% more damage if I had four more constellations (four is a lot of constellations).

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

The less than 12 towers task lets you demolish or rebuild as long as the count stays under 12.

what

how is that hard

i apologize to the readers of this thread for wasting their time

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

malbogio posted:

150 Mint.

Whoa, I think that's the most extreme result in here yet. You might be on to something.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No Wave posted:

The constellation trap

I'm wrestling with this right now as we come up to the Stand by Me unlock. I could C6 my Chong or get Ning C2.

The logical part of my brain knows I really should do Ning C2 since I just made a diesel Noelle C6 team but then the OCD side keeps fantasizing about completing Chong.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

I'm wrestling with this right now as we come up to the Stand by Me unlock. I could C6 my Chong or get Ning C2.

The logical part of my brain knows I really should do Ning C2 since I just made a diesel Noelle C6 team but then the OCD side keeps fantasizing about completing Chong.

I am missing Chong's C5 and C6 and the C6 looks really good. The way it reads an extra spirit blade should be 33% more damage on burst and +15% DMG on all blades most of the time. I'm going to do Stand by Me for him and then hope for him to show up in the shop or on a future limited banner for the C6.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

I just note how goons feel a feeling of loss when they pull a character they already have a C6 for

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hexel posted:

I think you should always go for the sure thing and buy from the shop or whatever guarantee exists via events or otherwise. I'm holding off on buying Noelle from the shop because I'm planning on rolling 30 times on Keqing's banner for another Ningguang or two and maybe a Bennet if I'm lucky.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
150 hillhurl masks got me purely mora and weapon ascension materials, which is interesting.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Good grief, one of my kids just pulled 2 Keqings and a Diluc off the free wishes from the event.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oh hey, Keqing banner starts today. Looks like I won't be wishing for a while.

Araganzar posted:

I am missing Chong's C5 and C6 and the C6 looks really good. The way it reads an extra spirit blade should be 33% more damage on burst and +15% DMG on all blades most of the time. I'm going to do Stand by Me for him and then hope for him to show up in the shop or on a future limited banner for the C6.

Chong C6 is nuts. It adds potentially 93% additional damage to an already great nuke. The only thing is the fourth blade can't proc melt, so it's not exactly +93% damage compared to a triple melt. Oh well, can't win them all.

Is there any other constellation that just straight up makes an ability ~twice as powerful? I guess Sucrose's C1...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh hey, Keqing banner starts today. Looks like I won't be wishing for a while.

Chong C6 is nuts. It adds potentially 93% additional damage to an already great nuke. The only thing is the fourth blade can't proc melt, so it's not exactly +93% damage compared to a triple melt. Oh well, can't win them all.

Is there any other constellation that just straight up makes an ability ~twice as powerful? I guess Sucrose's C1...

Zhong c1 makes a second stele

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tae posted:

Zhong c1 makes a second stele

Oh, right. I forgot that not everyone's Zhongli has that :smug:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ning C2 amounts to almost twice the gates, and so almost twice as much energy generation for her burst

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Hexel posted:

Keep in mind that getting an extra constellation past C6 hurts, and there is a chance that Chong is coming on Hu Tao's banner or whatever banner is coming up past Keqing's. Then it becomes risky to pull on any banner with Chong on it, though if you are spending money, maybe it is not a concern. So unless you are using Chong now and need that extra damage now (for abyss or whatever), I would recommend going for Ning, or if you don't want to pull on Hu Tao, then Chong is fine.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

C6 Ning trip report: It's nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

bandaid.friend posted:

I'm at 72 wishes and I'm guaranteed the next banner character. I don't find Xiao appealing. He just goes up and down? It seems boring and spammy? I don't want another Keqing, so I don't really know what to do. Thinking of just buying weapons for a while

Personally, I am holding out for Baal. If she's a gatcha character later, she might come at the same time as a REALLY nice Keqing sword.