Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I think the rats need to do more hard drugs, the drugs are working out for the rats.

my skaven D.A.R.E. program cannot compete with the existence of doomwheels and their inherent wicked sick qualities all made possible thanks to extreme drug use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The mistake is viewing the rats as ww2 nazis rather than Thatcher era 80s British neo nazis. A disorganized mess of sniveling ratmen claiming racial superiority while their plans explode in front of them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Nor do they (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not up to the play on Skaven) build fully loving sick mega-battleships

They do, however, build mega-battleships that accomplish nothing, consume massive amounts of resources for no gain in return, and are an active detriment to the skaven war effort for the time, effort, and resources that go into building and maintaining them, so in that respect they really do act like Imperial Japan. :v:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd just like to point out also that despite being allied, Imperial Japan was very much not Nazi Germany, so the comparison doesn't really make sense anyway

Imperial Japan famously had issues with the Army and the Navy NOT getting along and backstabbing each other/foiling each others military plans.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Telsa Cola posted:

Imperial Japan famously had issues with the Army and the Navy NOT getting along and backstabbing each other/foiling each others military plans.

To the point of both the Army and Navy conscripting workers in military industries vital to the other, and the occasional literal assassination and coup attempt.

That isn't an exaggeration. The skaven are in some ways less dysfunctional than Imperial Japan was in real life.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Tbf the Empire in Star Wars is heavily based on Nazis too.

yeah but at some point of the fantasy / scifi human centipede of creativity redigestion you lose track of the nazi metaphor. possibly when your good guys are killing stormwhatevers while screaming the name of a paganesque jesus warrior god and declaring they will purge the vile race of evil, diseased vermin from this land in order to protect their decent, civilised, honourable peoples from their wicked plots intended to bring down a romanticized concept of Order.

tolkien maybe had a point in saying allegory is kind of horseshit

e: man and i even forgot to make a cheap shot joke about aos and its love of s shaped lightning bolt insignia and the name of their storm____ eternals

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 19, 2021

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Telsa Cola posted:

Imperial Japan had factions within the army and navy which also hated each other and murdered each other. Also factions within those factions.

When planning for the annexation of French Indochina, parts of the Navy joined up with the ministry of foreign affairs and claimed that the plan was half baked and wasn't looking into potential consequences or how to react to them. In response, an admiral added a footnote to the plan saying "the americans might respond" to make it look like he had actually thought through all the options when in actuality, that was basically the extent of his foresight.

Again, like I said before, the Skaven are too organized and not factionalized enough to be Imperial Japan.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

The mistake is viewing the rats as ww2 nazis rather than Thatcher era 80s British neo nazis. A disorganized mess of sniveling ratmen claiming racial superiority while their plans explode in front of them.

i think the british left had a larger problem with disorganized self sabatoge, in light of the issue that the thatcherites won

this is me being very :smith: by and by

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Real life is the most grimdark setting of all.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Night10194 posted:

I think the rats need to do more hard drugs, the drugs are working out for the rats.

The entirety of the leadership structure being methed up to the nines is another Skaven/Nazi similarity.

Also that a bunch of them are weebs.

Vagabong fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 20, 2021

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
The Skaven are Rome, so not much better tbh :v

They've got a Senate in the Council, Stormvermin are the legions, utter endless need for slaves, dipshit nobility, weird religious issues/new religions. An empire spread across the whole world, but one they barely/don't really hold. Oddly powerful public works that are largely built out of vanity. Constant politics/backstabbing.

I mean even the motto "All roads lead to Skavenblight.".

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

In conclusion, the skaven are a land of contrasts.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And in the end, does it really matter when you've set them on fire with your flame cannons?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I always took them as Nazis too because Sturmvermin, insane war machines, and torture in the name of "science"

Rome does make a lot of sense though

Edit: ^^^ or bathed in a shower of molten gold

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 20, 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Or when they're ridden into the mud by glorious Grailers

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah but who is Bretonnia based on? I just can’t place them

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Are orks just british people in general?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Jean Reno in Les Visiteurs

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
The Skaven are the worst. Eight catapults, you're bringing eight 400 range catapults against my army? How is this even legal.

I swear Skaven go from "free experience" to "my living nightmare" depending on the army they decide to bring. Some Chaos god somewhere is rolling that dice.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

Are orks just british people in general?

Football hooligans/chavs

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cardboard Fox posted:

The Skaven are the worst. Eight catapults, you're bringing eight 400 range catapults against my army? How is this even legal.

I swear Skaven go from "free experience" to "my living nightmare" depending on the army they decide to bring. Some Chaos god somewhere is rolling that dice.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cardboard Fox posted:

He’s not a chaos god yet

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I haven't played since pre-new expansion and man they really nerfed growth rates, didn't they? I decided to try a Noctilus campaign since I've never played vampirates on Vortex and while I had a ton of zombie cannon boats by turn 50 on him personally, I didn't rank 5 my whirlpool capitol (or any other settlement) until well after turn 100, when the game was basically wrapped up. It also makes trading settlements in a border war pointless, I basically just razed anything I reconquered a second time since it would take forever to get even minor settlements back to rank 3.

I want to try Tomb Kings next but that just sounds like a nightmare with the terrible growth rates.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

elaborate soviet parody

the lady of the lake is a cia front

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished my Nakai Vortex campaign, that was pretty fun. Did a little bit extra and kicked out all the warmbloods from Lustria. Think next I'm gonna try TTT in Mortal Empires, I haven't actually tried to play an ME campaign yet.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

elaborate soviet parody

the lady of the lake is a cia front

Holy poo poo

They actually waste all the knights who go searching and replace them with their own

Thats incredible

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Holy poo poo

They actually waste all the knights who go searching and replace them with their own

Thats incredible

That'd be more "cia attempts to infiltrate USSR" because every attempt was immediately found out and either turned or tortured into sending back messages saying "alls well send more money and dudes plz" before eating a bullet. Because the early CIA believed rich people were literally envoys from Altered Carbon and could infiltrate any society with a minimum of preperation, so all their agents were inbred morons named Tremulous Vanderbilt the Fifteenth who never bothered to learn Polish or Russian before leading their crack squads of 'reformed' nazis into a deathtrap.
Soviet Poland's intelligence service famously didn't require any funding from Moscow for most of its existence because of how much money they got from these efforts.

Elves are commies, and Bretonia is America.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Call it Quebec and I'll agree.

Hey wait actually is there a random Brettonian colony somewhere in not-America?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Sega 32X posted:

I haven't played since pre-new expansion and man they really nerfed growth rates, didn't they? I decided to try a Noctilus campaign since I've never played vampirates on Vortex and while I had a ton of zombie cannon boats by turn 50 on him personally, I didn't rank 5 my whirlpool capitol (or any other settlement) until well after turn 100, when the game was basically wrapped up. It also makes trading settlements in a border war pointless, I basically just razed anything I reconquered a second time since it would take forever to get even minor settlements back to rank 3.

I want to try Tomb Kings next but that just sounds like a nightmare with the terrible growth rates.

Yeah I feel this way too. The growth rates being bad really sucks. I just got a mod which tripled them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The change they made didn't change the total growth required to max a city iirc.

It just moved things around so the first tiers are easier to get to than the later tiers.

This has the effect of quick growing early cities to get a more diverse army at the cost of really waiting on those tier 5s.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
big boy units are at tier 5 sooooo

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The weird thing is that the growth nerf apparently didn't affect VH/Legendary.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Sinteres posted:

The weird thing is that the growth nerf apparently didn't affect VH/Legendary.

Probably because the experience would vary from virtually unplayable to beyond tedious depending on the faction you're playing.

I mean it's a 60% increase to growth requirements across the board no care given to factions with 2 settlement provinces, or naturally slow growth (TK, Dawi, Vampirates, Lizardmen). The only faction entirely unaffected are Skaven who have been able to ignore growth since day 1.

I only play on VH so this change went right past me, but I have to imagine TK are thoroughly broken now. You'll be skelly spamming well into the 100s.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

they actually made artwork of nuffle?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

pnutz posted:

they actually made artwork of nuffle?

I think that is fan art, I don't believe there is official art for Nuffle. Personally, I'm a fan of this interpretation.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Its AoS but given speculation that Be'lakor is in game 3 I figured this thread would be interested to know he is getting a new model. Maybe they're even doing it to get some cross promotion going?

https://youtu.be/LVkwxqHzm78

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Even though they are not using AOS stuff in TWW3, in the trailer and I would bet in the game they have used the most updated demon models. It makes perfect sense. GW will 100% want them using models that currently have figures for sale, even if that means fudging the "no AOS" rule a little.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

I dont know posted:

Even though they are not using AOS stuff in TWW3, in the trailer and I would bet in the game they have used the most updated demon models. It makes perfect sense. GW will 100% want them using models that currently have figures for sale, even if that means fudging the "no AOS" rule a little.

Yeah thats kinda why I suspect that Be'lakor's new model is gonna be the basis for his appearance in TWW3

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I mean, when it comes to daemons, will anyone other than the hugest of huge nerds notice or care that an AoS model was used over an older WHFB model? Probably not.

Also, give us fuckin Cathay info, CA. Do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sega 32X posted:

Yeah it shows CA is still the same old CA, with one hand they make great changes and with the other they seem to have never played thr game before and leap backwards