Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

During takes Keanu Reeves leaned over backwards to look underneath a table for some gum and the director thought it would be neat to add to the film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Carrie-Ann Moss, the actor who played Trinity, legally changed her name to "Trinity" for a time as a way for her to better understand the character

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

The director had originally wanted to play "Californication" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers in the end credits

Khanstant
the actors who played morpheus and agent smith actually fell in love briefly because of all the hormones in their scenes together, it took them more takes than any other shot in the movie because Elrond keep licking the sweat off morpheus' head sensually

Ass-penny

E: gently caress I thought it said little known Marxist facts.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

rear end-penny posted:

E: gently caress I thought it said little known Marxist facts.

Actually that was the working title of the film!

wearing a lampshade

The matrix isnt real

Ass-penny

albany academy posted:

The matrix isnt real

is anything really

Macnult

vanisher posted:

The director had originally wanted to play "Californication" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers in the end credits

RickRogers

Inspiration for the film came from one of the young wachowskis looking at the top of a game boy screen and going "Woh"

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

There actually was a spoon

nut

A + B + C = A + ( B + C ) = ( A + B ) + C

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
There was originally a subplot about how when people in the matrix use customer loyalty punchcards, they actually change the program, and the Agents were trying to hunt them all down and destroy them, but they are just too effective a marketing tool to eradicate.

vanisher

The PS1 save cartridge that Neo hands the guy at the beginning of the movie was a copy of his FF7 save where he had acquired both Knights of the Round Materia and also a gold chocobo.

Khanstant
the novelization was made from an early draft of the movie and still has several scenes where Trinity is referred to her original name "Egg Man"

google THIS

The Machine sentinels were originally supposed to be humanoid in appearance. Also, the humans were supposed to be grotesque floating squid things so all in all it was a good thing they switched them

Finger Prince

It is actually the sequel to Spaceballs and is the result of Dot losing her virgin alarm.

alnilam

vanisher posted:

The PS1 save cartridge that Neo hands the guy at the beginning of the movie was a copy of his FF7 save where he had acquired both Knights of the Round Materia and also a gold chocobo.

Powerful

ty manifisto

GATOS Y VATOS

vanisher posted:

holy poo poo!

Deep Glove Bruno

yung swamp thang
but had he beaten both emerald and ruby weapons???

Deep Glove Bruno

yung swamp thang
the matrix is a metaphor for weed, getting high, and smoking dank. all the dialogue was originally just the characters talking about how high they were - the scenes played out identically in the final film but with different dialogue, about pills instead

Buttchocks

Laurence Fishburne accidentally broke a toe by kicking a helmet during the kung-fu scene. He also broke a toe kicking a helmet during the red pill/blue pill scene. And the helicopter scene, the oracle scene, the scene where he asks Trinity if she believes Neo is the one, and the scene where they all sit round the dining table on the ship. The helmets were digitally removed from the final print.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Dignity Van Houten

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Debate rages about whether the Merovingian caused the lady in Reloaded to have an orgasm when she ate the dessert, or poo poo her pants. According to directors commentary, the answer is actually both.

AARD VARKMAN
in a deleted scene on the nebuchadnezzar the nerd guy explains to neo that 90% of the processing power for the matrix is used to accurately simulate honking off

Finger Prince

The matrix is actually a colony ship transporting the last remaining humans to a new home planet after earth was destroyed by transdimensional aliens, and the robot nursemaids are all bent out of shape because a couple of the humans keep waking up from stasis and loving everything up, as usual.

RickRogers

The word "Matrix" is actually ancient Hebrew for "Rock 'em sock 'em Robots"

Haptical Sales Slut

Age 18 to 49
The original draft of Matrix Revolutions included a graphic end sequence wherein we zoom into Smith's hand entering Neo at a nanoscale level and see his dna is sucking and loving neo to completion. He doesn't die, he's just satisfied.

Jaguars!

Aardvark! posted:

in a deleted scene on the nebuchadnezzar the nerd guy explains to neo that 90% of the processing power for the matrix is used to accurately simulate honking off

90% of the human power is used to mine bitcoins

Deep Glove Bruno

yung swamp thang
the matrix was originally conceived as a sequel to commando "only even gayer" but when rae dawn chong backed out of the project they had to retool it and drop arnold, the fake south american dictatorship and all the cool stuff john matrix was gonna do with hand tools and shoulder mounted SAMs and stuff. the wachowskis claim "we knew it was gonna be poo poo without john matrix throwing sawblades through dudes heads so we just cooked up some old bullshit about computer aliens for filler and hit print. really disappointing"

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
No Neo don't do it! You're not ready!

[Neo chugs down an entire barrel of reds pills going om nom nom ala the cookie monster]

nut

you probably knew that “neo” backwards is one...

but did you know that “one” is the Japanese word for devil? suddenly, it becomes a very different movie

Finger Prince

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

the matrix was originally conceived as a sequel to commando "only even gayer" but when rae dawn chong backed out of the project they had to retool it and drop arnold, the fake south american dictatorship and all the cool stuff john matrix was gonna do with hand tools and shoulder mounted SAMs and stuff. the wachowskis claim "we knew it was gonna be poo poo without john matrix throwing sawblades through dudes heads so we just cooked up some old bullshit about computer aliens for filler and hit print. really disappointing"

I love this

Prurient Squid

In an early draft of the script there was a third pink pill, the "sissy hypnosis" pill but they cut it citing time constraints.

Buttchocks

The original costume concept drawings included 'nipple windows' for everybody

Macnult

if neo took both the red and blue pill he would become the viewer

Prurient Squid

If you take the red pill you will never poo poo or orgasm again in your entire life but if you take the blue pill you will poo poo and orgasm constantly.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Prurient Squid posted:

If you take the red pill you will never poo poo or orgasm again in your entire life but if you take the blue pill you will poo poo and orgasm constantly.

i know dung fu

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

ulvir

Neo was actually a pro at Mortal Kombat irl, it’s why he learned kung-fu so quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

In the original script the powers of "The One" were meant to include the ability to jack it 5+ times a day