Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vasudus posted:

No.

This is incredibly wrong. Quality on the item will absolutely not influence the probability of a specific mod.

Quality provided by catalysts on jewelry can, in limited circumstances, modify the probability based off the catalyst type.

Does quality over +20 help with 6-linking? I have been trying to six-link a Shavs Wrap for a while now and it just won't take. I used a syndicate crafting table on it to boost the quality to like +26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes, RNGesus just hates you.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

a youtuber (slipperyjim8) did a test with 50k fusings:

quote:

50,000 fusings on 0% gear, 20% gear, and 30% gear.

0% gear - 34 6-links (1,470 average)

20% gear - 44 6-links (1,136 average)

30% gear - 50 6-links with ~5200 fusings left (859 fusings average)

So it's safe to assume if we have access to 50% quality gear it will link even easier.

Also, I think the most important takeaway from the video is that the on 0% the fewest # of fusing was 26 and the highest was 7788! At 30% there was a 15, but also a 3063. No matter what % quality your item is, variance/RNG can and will happen.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Rutibex posted:

Does quality over +20 help with 6-linking? I have been trying to six-link a Shavs Wrap for a while now and it just won't take. I used a syndicate crafting table on it to boost the quality to like +26

Yes, quality will help with socketing and linking. In times long past, you would actually consume the quality when using a jewelers or fusing.

Unless the RNG hates you, at which point no amount of quality can ever fix it. Goodbye, ~12.5ex in the first weekend of Betrayal.

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

Divine ire is just silly, and a nice change from trying to time dropping blade falls on mobile bosses.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vasudus posted:

Yes, quality will help with socketing and linking. In times long past, you would actually consume the quality when using a jewelers or fusing.

Unless the RNG hates you, at which point no amount of quality can ever fix it. Goodbye, ~12.5ex in the first weekend of Betrayal.

Would you say your hope of linking that item was shredded

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I'd love to get some of the bounty if there's still any. Sadly don't have PMs

Add me at toughlord_the_insane and tell me a time (with time zone) today you want me to be on. Also tell me how much you need.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Cretin90 posted:

Add me at toughlord_the_insane and tell me a time (with time zone) today you want me to be on. Also tell me how much you need.

Added. Any time within the next 3 hours or so? As far as how much, whatever the average is I guess? Don't want to be greedy when literally begging...

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I'm running Enki's Arc witch, looking to upgrade my gear. Part of the build is Wave of Conviction liked to hexblast and conductivity, which will eventually be automated with a weapon that has the "trigger socketed spell" modifier.

Here's my question: I found a ring that has all the modifiers I'm looking for, but also has "Curse Enemies with Conductivity on hit, with 20% increased effect". Is there any reason not to run this over the current gem setup?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I ran Esoros Arc Archmage this league, and that's actually the ring I use.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'd probably use it. The trigger craft means you don't apply the curse every time you use a skill and the increased effect from a high level curse gem is less important than just applying the curse in the first place.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vorenus posted:

I'm running Enki's Arc witch, looking to upgrade my gear. Part of the build is Wave of Conviction liked to hexblast and conductivity, which will eventually be automated with a weapon that has the "trigger socketed spell" modifier.

Here's my question: I found a ring that has all the modifiers I'm looking for, but also has "Curse Enemies with Conductivity on hit, with 20% increased effect". Is there any reason not to run this over the current gem setup?

The only reason you wouldn't want it is if you have a reliable way to get a more powerful version.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Thanks all!

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
You should still use Wave of Conviction in that trigger setup though, since it applies exposure to the element that it deals the highest damage with.

Also that trigger craft is super cheap, you should get it if you got 2c.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Added. Any time within the next 3 hours or so? As far as how much, whatever the average is I guess? Don't want to be greedy when literally begging...

Hey, I didn't get an add. Please list your character name with exact spelling and I'll add you.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Cretin90 posted:

Hey, I didn't get an add. Please list your character name with exact spelling and I'll add you.

SIdoCarrion

edit: Goddamnit I -just- noticed I accidentally capitalized the i. That's gonna annoy the poo poo out of me.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

SIdoCarrion

edit: Goddamnit I -just- noticed I accidentally capitalized the i. That's gonna annoy the poo poo out of me.
Let me tell you the tale of the great Hero of Time whose adventures I enjoyed as a child, LiNK.
I almost replayed the entire game with the correct spelling after beating it, purely because that bugged me.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Wuxi posted:

Its a 1to1 copy of steelmages CoC build. The watcher's eye is mostly a meme, a woke-orb chest is super unnecessary on SC, just ditch the Fortify gem and use Increased Critical Strikes.
You definitely want a good Assassins Mark ring, a shaped shield with both %ES and %Life on block, the Glorious Vanity and the cluster jewels, the rest is just fluff.
You definitely dont need a Headhunter and I'm not going to use one either, I'll just throw Dex Essences on a shaped Leather Belt.

Yeah obviously no HH.

What do you think about losing the spell crit chance on the shield? I imagine it'll still feel fine, it drops the effective crit chance by like 1.5%. There are like 3 shields in SC trade that have all 3 mods.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cretin90 posted:

Hey just cross mine from the list, I’ll be at a funeral instead of grinding maps for a while bud

But you’re very nice for doing something like this and taking the time to spread the goodwill around as much as possible.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

Hey just cross mine from the list, I’ll be at a funeral instead of grinding maps for a while bud

But you’re very nice for doing something like this and taking the time to spread the goodwill around as much as possible.

My pleasure. I still have 80 ex so just message me on here when/if you have time. And my goondolences for your loss.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks for the free ex, goon friend

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i grabbed some free money too thanks again

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
I too would like to thank you for the currency, that cluster jewel went almost instantly.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
No problem folks. Still have 40 to hand out so anyone reading this who hasn't gotten any, please feel free to message me. Tell me how much you need but please stick to what you need so I can give to more goons.

sdr782 posted:

I too would like to thank you for the currency, that cluster jewel went almost instantly.

Lol, no problem. Basically any ignite build wants that jewel.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Papercut posted:

Yeah obviously no HH.

What do you think about losing the spell crit chance on the shield? I imagine it'll still feel fine, it drops the effective crit chance by like 1.5%. There are like 3 shields in SC trade that have all 3 mods.

Its not particularly important, but its also the only crit mod on a shaped shield, no reason to not slam it into an open suffix

Rlazgoth
Oct 10, 2003
I attack people at random.
Free exalts are always welcome, thank you!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Cretin90 posted:

No problem folks. Still have 40 to hand out so anyone reading this who hasn't gotten any, please feel free to message me. Tell me how much you need but please stick to what you need so I can give to more goons.

Lol, no problem. Basically any ignite build wants that jewel.

Can confirm this guy is a boss. I'm switched over to attack crit gc/bf now, with an abyssus with an alright enchant, a vuln ring, and a new cluster setup. Damage roughly quadrupled. Take advantage of the generosity if you're new, or just haven't made as much progress this league as you'd like!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hey only just got my uncharted realms passives open, what's the good stuff in there?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

hey only just got my uncharted realms passives open, what's the good stuff in there?

Moneymaker strategy is to focus on the zana options that give you more maps and use that to fish for harvest crafts.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the exalts buddy! You rule!

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Cretin90 posted:

My pleasure. I still have 80 ex so just message me on here when/if you have time. And my goondolences for your loss.

Thanks again for the exalts, added ~200k DPS to my Arc witch!

...which somehow now has terrible survivability. I've repeatedly checked and cannot find anything I've changed that would lower res/HP/etc. For some reason, having Vaal Righteous Fire slotted but not activated caused me to take damage whenever I hit anything. This makes no sense, yet unslotting it instantly fixed that issue. Chaos resist is only 50% which I need to find a way to fix but that doesn't explain why I went from cautiously but comfortably running T9 maps and temple incursions to getting one-shot by the same content. PoB link here if anyone is willing to take a look and tell me what I need to fix.

Unless I goofed the settings, PoB says I should be doing 600k DPS with Arc/Sigil alone, with another 100k with Wave of Conviction/Blade Blast, but it feels way less than that.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 20, 2021

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vorenus posted:

...which somehow now has terrible survivability. I've repeatedly checked and cannot find anything I've changed that would lower res/HP/etc. For some reason, having Vaal Righteous Fire slotted but not activated caused me to take damage whenever I hit anything. This makes no sense, yet unslotting it instantly fixed that issue. Chaos resist is only 50% which I need to find a way to fix but that doesn't explain why I went from cautiously but comfortably running T9 maps and temple incursions to getting one-shot by the same content. PoB link here if anyone is willing to take a look and tell me what I need to fix.

Unless I goofed the settings, PoB says I should be doing 600k DPS with Arc/Sigil alone, with another 100k with Wave of Conviction/Blade Blast, but it feels way less than that.

You're not immune to reflect so I'd put good odds on the self-damage to be from that. Or Corrupted Blood.
Also this PoB is a mess, it looks like you imported your character into it multiple times. Start a new one and import ONCE, please.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 20, 2021

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Did you turn on righteous fire? If you're using it for the more spell damage buff on the vaal skill, don't turn on the normal version.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Vorenus posted:

That PoB is a horrible mess, with a few sets of skills and gear. If you import a character do so on a clean build or tick the boxes to delete prior skills/gear/jewels

First glance I don't see anything why you should have problems with yellow maps. Yeah, its not particularly tanky, but yellows aren't particularly hard either. Maybe you went overboard on damage rolls and decided to facetank everything for a few maps
600k dps sounds very low. Get your gem levels up to snuff (especially a lvl20 Archmage and a 21 Arc) and you should be looking at ~1.5mil dps with that gear and no Righteous Fire.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

McFrugal posted:

You're not immune to reflect so I'd put good odds on the self-damage to be from that. Or Corrupted Blood.
Also this PoB is a mess, it looks like you imported your character into it multiple times. Start a new one and import ONCE, please.

New PoB.

I have a flask to stop corrupted blood, and I've been careful to avoid any reflect maps. I know a couple of unique enemies can reflect, but is that a thing with some rare/magic mobs now?

pork never goes bad posted:

Did you turn on righteous fire? If you're using it for the more spell damage buff on the vaal skill, don't turn on the normal version.

I'm using it (Vaal version) for short-term burst against bosses. It shouldn't be doing anything if it's slotted but not activated right? The only thing I can think of is if I built up enough soul gain to trigger it automatically with the weapon mod and just didn't notice it activate, but I'm pretty sure I almost self-RIPped on a mob, backed off and saw it was still charged and ready to activate.

I feel incredibly dumb because I know it has to be something ridiculous/obvious I'm missing here.

J
Jun 10, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

Uncharted realms is really cool and most of the nodes are quite useful. "The best" thing to do from a moneymaking perspective is paths not taken, which will significantly increase your chances of seeing "complete the harvest" as a zana map objective, and harvest is the most powerful thing in game currently. Of course, that does require either understanding harvest crafts yourself to make gear to use or sell, or selling the crafts on TFT discord or maybe to goons too. Also depends on you having zana missions to use with it.

Adept tracker is hard to go wrong with, more conqs, more sirus. The nodes beyond this one are fine too if you want to juice up your sirus kills. A lot of the awakened support gems have dropped in price so they are less exciting, but it is still fun to have more chance at a big lottery drop since the expensive ones are still expensive.

Secrets of the stones is good if you have decent watchstones, otherwise take it later once you do have good watchstones. Note though that the game rounds down on certain watchstone mods which makes this less good than it should be, read more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/lkrfjx/25_watchstone_effect_is_a_trap_rounding_makes_it/

Close allies is solid, particularly if you are playing a limited number of hours over a longer total amount of days. Master missions are all generally good to great value at the moment and this gets you more of them. I've had this node for most of the league and it really adds up.

Enduring influence - gets you more mileage out of your sextants, which you should absolutely be using on all your maps. There are rarer sextant mods and getting an extra use out of those is quite valuable. Like " area contains zana", or "nemesis monsters drop currency" sextants.

Remnants of the past - more guardian maps, pretty straightforward. The nodes beyond this one are also good, but I tend to respec into them once I stockpile up a bunch of guardian maps and elder/shaper fragment sets and run them all at once then respec out of it. I'll note that "Guardian's aid" does not apply for a zana mission into a guardian map, which is rather disappointing.

The synthesis nodes I can't really recommend for most players. Synth maps are rare and expensive to buy. If zana shows you a synth map in a mission, these nodes don't even work which seems like it goes against the design of the paths not taken node. That said... if lottery tickets are your thing, synthetic source is a hell of a lottery ticket. The unique synthesis rings and nebulis, if they hit the right implicits, are worth absolute poo poo tons of money. But if you don't get those, you're almost certainly losing money on the cost of the maps.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

also gonna throw up a much more endgame pob: https://pastebin.com/62Q5BwCE
i've got enough damage to do most content but i'd like to see what i can do to push it even farther- awakened gems obviously for one, probably some better jewels?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vorenus posted:

New PoB.

I have a flask to stop corrupted blood, and I've been careful to avoid any reflect maps. I know a couple of unique enemies can reflect, but is that a thing with some rare/magic mobs now?

I'm using it (Vaal version) for short-term burst against bosses. It shouldn't be doing anything if it's slotted but not activated right? The only thing I can think of is if I built up enough soul gain to trigger it automatically with the weapon mod and just didn't notice it activate, but I'm pretty sure I almost self-RIPped on a mob, backed off and saw it was still charged and ready to activate.

I feel incredibly dumb because I know it has to be something ridiculous/obvious I'm missing here.

Vaal skills can't be triggered so that's not it. Reflect mobs aren't technically a thing anymore but some Rare mobs have "Thorns" which throws out a mortar when they're hit that does damage based on how much they were damaged. Alternatively, could it have been burning or desecrated/caustic ground? Some mobs drop damage over time areas when they die.

Other stuff:
Your helmet is redundant with your amulet's anoint, change one of them. You should get more life on ring 2.
Why not allocate the int nodes at the start of Witch? They'll boost Tempered Mind and save you some passive points since you can refund the crappy spell damage nodes.
Your flasks are... weird.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Fixing your flasks and getting more eHP probably helps a lot with survivability in your case, Vorenus. Especially if you're hitting Hunter-influenced maps and getting poisoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
OK, I really want to get the 36 challenges done this time around for the hideout, something I've not managed to do before.

Have been running Hierophant with Ice Nova/Frostbolt on Pledge of Hands for greater spell echo.

I'm at the point of starting to do tier 14-16 maps and while I've managed to get by mostly by being careful and spamming movement stills to stay away from enemies, I'm at the point where if an enemy looks at me I keel over.

I'm following a guide, but I am really bad at deciding what to buy to improve survivability.

I've got 5 EX and around 200 Chaos, can anyone point me toward some things to look out for?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Totoaratavo/characters