Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Vorenus posted:

I'm using it (Vaal version) for short-term burst against bosses. It shouldn't be doing anything if it's slotted but not activated right? The only thing I can think of is if I built up enough soul gain to trigger it automatically with the weapon mod and just didn't notice it activate, but I'm pretty sure I almost self-RIPped on a mob, backed off and saw it was still charged and ready to activate.

I feel incredibly dumb because I know it has to be something ridiculous/obvious I'm missing here.

RF has the triggerable tag for whatever reason and will activate in a trigger item/CWDT/etc like any other spell. Jut put it somewhere other than the trigger wand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Any turbo nerds done the group league start into juiced farming? Thinking about doing it with a couple of buddies next league and hoping to avoid some pitfalls.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Wait, since when is there group play in this game? Next you're going to tell me there's PVP also.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Vorenus posted:

New PoB.

I have a flask to stop corrupted blood, and I've been careful to avoid any reflect maps. I know a couple of unique enemies can reflect, but is that a thing with some rare/magic mobs now?

I'm using it (Vaal version) for short-term burst against bosses. It shouldn't be doing anything if it's slotted but not activated right? The only thing I can think of is if I built up enough soul gain to trigger it automatically with the weapon mod and just didn't notice it activate, but I'm pretty sure I almost self-RIPped on a mob, backed off and saw it was still charged and ready to activate.

I feel incredibly dumb because I know it has to be something ridiculous/obvious I'm missing here.

I can tell you exactly what it is, since my buddy ran into the EXACT same problem - RF in your trigger wand.
Put it somewhere else.

J
Jun 10, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Wait, since when is there group play in this game? Next you're going to tell me there's PVP also.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/lo1jmd/infographic_how_to_team_farm_1_headhunter_per_3/

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I read that and the sticky post from the OP and now I've got a headache.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they are the baccarat playing whales and I am the granny at the penny slots

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I can tell you exactly what it is, since my buddy ran into the EXACT same problem - RF in your trigger wand.
Put it somewhere else.

Jean Eric Burn posted:

RF has the triggerable tag for whatever reason and will activate in a trigger item/CWDT/etc like any other spell. Jut put it somewhere other than the trigger wand.
It was in my boots. :shrug:

McFrugal posted:

Your helmet is redundant with your amulet's anoint, change one of them. You should get more life on ring 2.
Why not allocate the int nodes at the start of Witch? They'll boost Tempered Mind and save you some passive points since you can refund the crappy spell damage nodes.
Your flasks are... weird.

Dias posted:

Fixing your flasks and getting more eHP probably helps a lot with survivability in your case, Vorenus. Especially if you're hitting Hunter-influenced maps and getting poisoned.

I found a cheap helmet I like but the seller has been "AFK for 30 minutes" for 3 hours so I have to wait on that, but simply fixing my flasks and nodes is making a huge difference. I don't need resists, so high life/mana rolls with the Arcane Cloak modifier is probably the best I'm going to get without getting into dozens of exalt territory.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XIvI01KjEY

I'm over here still happy with my solo progress.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

skull belts

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The most impressive part is the instance not crashing under the strain of loot and 6 players, the map is in almost perpetual slowdown whenever they contact any enemies but they have so much health and defense from auras and curses their healthbars don't even move.

Ordeith
Oct 26, 2002

If I troll again, I will eat Hello Kitty's brains with a spork

Vorenus posted:

I found a cheap helmet I like but the seller has been "AFK for 30 minutes" for 3 hours so I have to wait on that, but simply fixing my flasks and nodes is making a huge difference.

One member here gave me an 'enduring eternal mana flask of warding' which was probably my biggest survivability boost since getting the 6L cloak of defiance. I'm new to the game and it has taken me so long to get comfortable 'spamming flasks on a timer' - I spent thousands of hours in D3 timing only one pot, really, so am not used to it.

I'm doing Enki's arc witch too, and found that some of my survivability issues came from missing out parts of his guide, like the interim 5L cloak which was only 25 chaos or so.

A decent watcher's eye can help - another nice member here gave me one with the % to max energy shield while affected by clarity and it was much better than whatever it replaced. Now I'm at 4k life, 1500 energy shield, and feel 'decently' tanky, not as desperate as I did before these upgrades, especially that flask.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Edit: the forum servers were going up and down and made a double post.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 21, 2021

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The most impressive part is the instance not crashing under the strain of loot and 6 players, the map is in almost perpetual slowdown whenever they contact any enemies but they have so much health and defense from auras and curses their healthbars don't even move.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Emptyquoter
Feb 26, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:ohdear:
i think you summoned some kind of posting demon

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Implicit Posts Are Tripled

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I tried to fracture some maps and hosed up, using the alch fossil thing instead of the chaos one. Oh well, I figure, I can just delirium a normal map and fracture that 5 times (aka how many times I hosed up). It won't have the full value of nemesis/beyond but hey, it's something, I figured.

So I 5x currency a T15 canyon and juice it with gilded elder/legion/breach/harbinger and throw in an infused harbinger zana mod for shits and giggles.

Turns out my strategy was pretty good...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

totalnewbie posted:

I tried to fracture some maps and hosed up, using the alch fossil thing instead of the chaos one. Oh well, I figure, I can just delirium a normal map and fracture that 5 times (aka how many times I hosed up). It won't have the full value of nemesis/beyond but hey, it's something, I figured.

So I 5x currency a T15 canyon and juice it with gilded elder/legion/breach/harbinger and throw in an infused harbinger zana mod for shits and giggles.

gratz you fucker

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

totalnewbie posted:

Congratz, you fucker

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

totalnewbie posted:

vaal it

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I accidentally corrupted enfeeble on hit onto my gloves, but I also have trigger assassin's mark on hit on my ring. Which one will take precedence?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It goes according to trigger order which is Main hand ⇒ Amulet ⇒ Helm ⇒ Off hand ⇒ Body armour ⇒ Gloves ⇒ Boots

So the enfeeble would take priority.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Why the gently caress can't I ctrl+f "elder" in the map stash tab to find my Elder maps?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XIvI01KjEY

I'm over here still happy with my solo progress.

I don't understand why this works. Like, I get why all the raw currency drops, that's from stacking Harbinger, and stacking Beyond into the stratosphere generates tons of mobs to kill. What's making all the unique leather belts drop? Do Beyond mobs just have a really big chance of dropping unique items? Or does this method boost Rarity super high alongside quantity, so they get mass uniques? Or maybe all the Beyond bosses are doing it?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
e: misread

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Simon Numbers posted:

Any turbo nerds done the group league start into juiced farming? Thinking about doing it with a couple of buddies next league and hoping to avoid some pitfalls.

Im interested in something organized ahead of launch. Is there something happening sooner, or just the 3.14 in two months?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

McFrugal posted:

I don't understand why this works. Like, I get why all the raw currency drops, that's from stacking Harbinger, and stacking Beyond into the stratosphere generates tons of mobs to kill. What's making all the unique leather belts drop? Do Beyond mobs just have a really big chance of dropping unique items? Or does this method boost Rarity super high alongside quantity, so they get mass uniques? Or maybe all the Beyond bosses are doing it?

They have a Magic Find Culler, and fishing for unique drops is the one use case where stacking item rarity actually helps

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Peewi posted:

Why the gently caress can't I ctrl+f "elder" in the map stash tab to find my Elder maps?

same but blighted

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

McFrugal posted:

All sorts of uniques drop with an mf stacker in the group and all the unique drop%, they just only care about belts so the filter hides the rest

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Peewi posted:

Yeah elder and guardian maps are the only things left that I have to manually put in their own tab like a caveman

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God I hosed up Sirus 8 cause I played like an idiot and was dumb.

But also I hate coming back to Sirus after dying once. I always die once or more in the final phase.

Shame, seems like I had enough dps too.

Also anyone got good tips on how to properly dodge the "DIE" beams when there's that rotating beam phase?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

But also I hate coming back to Sirus after dying once. I always die once or more in the final phase.

Also anyone got good tips on how to properly dodge the "DIE" beams when there's that rotating beam phase?

After he splits and before he moves around, he always briefly looks in the direction he's going. Either immediately get right on top of him so you don't have to move very far, or at least note the direction he went so you can blink perpendicularly to his beam when you hear him say die.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Vorenus posted:

I'm running Enki's Arc witch, looking to upgrade my gear. Part of the build is Wave of Conviction liked to hexblast and conductivity, which will eventually be automated with a weapon that has the "trigger socketed spell" modifier.

Here's my question: I found a ring that has all the modifiers I'm looking for, but also has "Curse Enemies with Conductivity on hit, with 20% increased effect". Is there any reason not to run this over the current gem setup?

I'm also running this build and I'm having a hard time increasing my mana regen and damage. My chaos resist is looking pretty decent, just a few more pieces in the right places and it'll be at about 50%. Where else do I have to build to make these up? I started using double damage while focused, which is pretty great as a nuke, but I'm also not sure if that's the best way to go about increasing DPS.

Ordeith posted:

One member here gave me an 'enduring eternal mana flask of warding' which was probably my biggest survivability boost since getting the 6L cloak of defiance. I'm new to the game and it has taken me so long to get comfortable 'spamming flasks on a timer' - I spent thousands of hours in D3 timing only one pot, really, so am not used to it.

I have a Doedra's Elixir and I spam the hell out of it for max charges :shepface:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

boredsatellite posted:

The rotating beam looks a lot scarier than it is. Don't be afraid to get hit by it if it means keeping Sirus on screen.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Victory Position posted:

I'm also running this build and I'm having a hard time increasing my mana regen and damage. My chaos resist is looking pretty decent, just a few more pieces in the right places and it'll be at about 50%. Where else do I have to build to make these up? I started using double damage while focused, which is pretty great as a nuke, but I'm also not sure if that's the best way to go about increasing DPS.

Let me start with a disclaimer that I am not good at PoE and I don't want to give you some bad rutibex advice, so take it with a grain of salt.

That said: Per the build guide, Tempered Mind and Pure Talent both help a lot, as well as Mindfulness from a cluster jewel. I don't understand the mechanics because I'm dumb, but Arcane Cloak provides protection + damage burst + temporary mana regen. I also got rid of Orb of Storms, the guide doesn't explicitly say to do this but it's not listed in any of the endgame gem setups. Having all 4 golems helps to, since they each contribute to spending less mana in some form or other. I don't even have Focus and I'm over 1mil DPS. Sigil of Power is a huge upgrade, but I lucked out by finding a great ring that also casts Conductivity on hit, and getting Enlighten Support to further reduce the mana reserved by auras.

Basically double check the guide, there's a section toward the end that has a recommended upgrade order. Someone suggested a few pages back that I go for lvl21 Archmage and Arc and that definitely provided a nice boost as well.

Character link if you want to see my gear. My current helmet is good for the build if you don't need resist and don't use the unique amulet, I'll pass it off to you once I find a replacement whose owner doesn't ignore me for three hours before selling it to someone else.

I hope this rambling helps a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Rutibex posted:

same but blighted

Blighted maps don't even go in the map stash tabs, for some reason.

hawowanlawow posted:

Yeah elder and guardian maps are the only things left that I have to manually put in their own tab like a caveman

At least Shaper guardians are their own maps and look different from other maps, so they're easy to find in the T16 group.