Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

I said come in! posted:

Quake 1 and 2 were so loving good. Those games were a major part of my childhood in the 90s.
There's an entire summer of my life from which I remember nothing but Quake 2 CTF and the Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty, mostly played together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
speaking of 360 launch titles, I also bought CoD2 (which I played on PC approximately 1000 times) and CoD3 (which I never played on PC because they knew how bad it was and never released it for PC)

anyway CoD3 wasn't a launch title but it's pretty cool considering I had the PS2 version and pretty much only ever played online. my collection of "games I wanted to buy and play when I was a stupid kid making basically no money" is starting to get there

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

THPS1+2 is getting next gen versions. Digital Deluxe gets it free, regular is $10 extra. I might skip it honestly. I'll have to check the DF data but I'm pretty sure the One X version runs at 1440/60 at least. I love the game but I'm not paying to unlock extra pixels. gently caress off Activision.

It's actually looking like the $10 upgrade option might not exist on Xbox at all, so that solves that. It'll be $50 in that case if you didn't already get the Digital Deluxe edition.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

barnold posted:

speaking of 360 launch titles, I also bought CoD2 (which I played on PC approximately 1000 times) and CoD3 (which I never played on PC because they knew how bad it was and never released it for PC)

anyway CoD3 wasn't a launch title but it's pretty cool considering I had the PS2 version and pretty much only ever played online. my collection of "games I wanted to buy and play when I was a stupid kid making basically no money" is starting to get there

I bought every single console COD game last year, including the OG XBOX games. CoD 3 suuuuuuuucks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1364259070094446595

Phil is such a troll lmao.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If MS bought KojiPro, I don't know if the internet would be able to handle it.

A new game or even a death stranding port would be gravy

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Most likely Death Stranding is coming to PC Game Pass, if anything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

It's very obnoxious to me that Doom 64 got a fresh port but none of the Quakes

Instead Quake 2 got a bad looking RTX update that no one asked for. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is his signature thing to do when Xbox is about to announce an exclusive or company they bought. It doesn't 100% mean what we think it does, but I wouldn't be surprised now.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the only winning move regarding anything to do with ubisoft after it was revealed that they have coddled sexual assaulters for literally decades, giving them promotions despite knowing what they've done and covering their actions up, is to not give them a single solitary dollar for anything they ever have released in the past nor anything they release until the day yves guillemot and his merry band of monsters have nothing to do with that terrible company ever again

well I seem to have missed a couple of memos

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

fuckin do it microsoft, buy kojima and give him an unlimited budget

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wheeee posted:

fuckin do it microsoft, buy kojima and give him an unlimited budget

Yeah but then we wont see another game of his until the end of the new gen consoles.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kojima with an unlimited budget would actually bankrupt Microsoft, and hell it might be worth it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Yeah but then we wont see another game of his until the end of the new gen consoles.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Can’t wait for Kojima to post his “good morning” tweets on a Zune instead of that $1200 Sony Walkman.

Also it’s a logical step since he still buys audio CDs, might as well develop for the console where those are still supported.

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1353593726057156608?s=20

univbee fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 23, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

unlimited budget lol. thats not how gamepass works.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

bushisms.txt posted:

The situation is delightful.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

univbee posted:

It's actually looking like the $10 upgrade option might not exist on Xbox at all, so that solves that. It'll be $50 in that case if you didn't already get the Digital Deluxe edition.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/02/23/tony-hawk-pro-skater-1-and-2-gets-optimized-xbox-series-x/

Says the $10 upgrade is there for the digital version, nothing about the physical game though.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ixnay posted:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/02/23/tony-hawk-pro-skater-1-and-2-gets-optimized-xbox-series-x/

Says the $10 upgrade is there for the digital version, nothing about the physical game though.

Ahh, maybe the issue is with Physical copies, then.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1364247013613731842?s=20

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Apparently the MLB The Show 21 tech test is live. I signed up for it via the website like 2 weeks ago and didn't get any email or anything about it, but saw online that people were playing it so I checked the Xbox Insider Hub app on the Xbox and just signed up on there and it automatically started downloading.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

It's very obnoxious to me that Doom 64 got a fresh port but none of the Quakes
The Doom 64 port is like The Phantom Pain, it exists to fix a plot hole that people didn't even realise was there. The new content paired with Doom Eternal ties the whole series together.

Quake ain't tying into poo poo, unfortunately.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

American McGay posted:

Apparently the MLB The Show 21 tech test is live. I signed up for it via the website like 2 weeks ago and didn't get any email or anything about it, but saw online that people were playing it so I checked the Xbox Insider Hub app on the Xbox and just signed up on there and it automatically started downloading.

Hmm thanks for that. Also has a limited chivalry 2 alpha.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

Instead Quake 2 got a bad looking RTX update that no one asked for. :/

It looks so bad! Like poo poo!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

bushisms.txt posted:

buying Kojipro would give the Xbox exclusives catalog a real shot of credibility going forward

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

American McGay posted:

This test is really bad though, like I have doubts the game will be playable in the next 60 days levels of bad. At least on PlayStation, it just crashes nonstop, and the graphics quality hasn't been updated at all on PS5.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Xbox version seemed fine, although I've been out of the loop with these types of games for a few years and the menus had me confused as hell. 8 different ways of throwing a pitch, from doing street fighter qcf inputs to a Mario Golf meter, then it's immediately into Diamond Dynasty mode with card packs and stadium unlocks. Wtf is going on I just wanna play a game of baseball.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hey so if you log into gamepass on someones computer and download and launch your games, they will own those games forever on their account after they log back and this has been a known bug since the service launched that ms has not fixed so now its getting demo'd on youtube

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

American McGay posted:

Xbox version seemed fine, although I've been out of the loop with these types of games for a few years and the menus had me confused as hell. 8 different ways of throwing a pitch, from doing street fighter qcf inputs to a Mario Golf meter, then it's immediately into Diamond Dynasty mode with card packs and stadium unlocks. Wtf is going on I just wanna play a game of baseball.

Welcome to the general state of sports games in 2021 I guess, they've surpassed old school rpgs for grognardiness and cheesecake gatchas for gatchaness, since the money from whales and likely money laundering is just too good to pass up.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I’m looking for an Xbox controller sized for small hands, for my kids. It’s actually for my PC, but the xbone controllers I have are just so drat huge for their wee graspers. Any recommendations?

Only real requirement is that it isn’t gonna break too fast. My kids are gentle on stuff, but I know a lot of 3rd party brands are trash, and I don’t know which ones. If it worked with the MS wireless controller dongle that’d be cool, otherwise wired is fine. Their hands are like 2/3 the size of a human hand.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, the micro-transaction gatcha money from these sports games, makes more in profit then the game sales themselves, which is why you see these sports titles drop to $10 - $20 so quickly.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bad Munki posted:

I’m looking for an Xbox controller sized for small hands, for my kids. It’s actually for my PC, but the xbone controllers I have are just so drat huge for their wee graspers. Any recommendations?

Only real requirement is that it isn’t gonna break too fast. My kids are gentle on stuff, but I know a lot of 3rd party brands are trash, and I don’t know which ones. If it worked with the MS wireless controller dongle that’d be cool, otherwise wired is fine. Their hands are like 2/3 the size of a human hand.
The Series controllers are microscopically smaller than One controllers, but they're also on the smaller end of general controllers available these days. If those are too big for them then your options will be pretty limited. Maybe check out an 8-bitdo Pro pad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

I just bought one for switch but it should work on pc too. My kid loves it and its half the size of a full controller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083DNW3P9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Real hurthling! posted:

I just bought one for switch but it should work on pc too. My kid loves it and its half the size of a full controller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083DNW3P9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

That’s hilarious. And should work great, thanks. :cheers:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
lol I downloaded the MLB test, launched it as soon as it finished, and then it prompted me to download a ~7GB update

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

barnold posted:

lol I downloaded the MLB test, launched it as soon as it finished, and then it prompted me to download a ~7GB update

I am not surprised there is already a large update. Its a very broken game in its current state. I get there is still like 58 days left, but this is so far from 2 months left of development time.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

New Xbox Games with Gold:

Xbox One
- Warface: Breakout
- Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse

Xbox 360
- Metal Slug 3
- Port Royale 3

Worst month of Xbox Gold since the old days where they just gave you Pool Nation every month. Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse looks appalling. I don't want to play a game where the objective is to slaughter llamas. This will be the first game ever that I don't claim.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I don’t have metal slug 3 so that’s cool.

Warface is the dumbest name I’ve seen in a while.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I am not surprised there is already a large update. Its a very broken game in its current state. I get there is still like 58 days left, but this is so far from 2 months left of development time.

i got in, set my preferences, played the intro game, then when i got to the main menu it said "Unhandled Server Exception" and now all i can do is batting practice or pitching practice lmao

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I hope they get that poo poo sorted because I want to play some the show on my Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

6 months of pool nation was an epic troll