Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
After everything we've been through, and what some people thought was the point of making a core set with a bunch of different cards, Gadgetzan Auctioneer survives again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I've played Hearthstone on and off since 2014 and I actually legit, cannot recall a time where Rogue was considered bad.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to this.

glad to see they finally removed neutral charges.

how does the core set interact with cards that were previously from packs and dustable? could I dust, say, brightwing and baron geddon now, since I'm not using them and will get free copies in the core set? is the only downside that I won't have those cards any more when the core set changes next year, or is there more?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So Jaraxxus hero power is apparently the same, and he gains five armor instead of putting you to 15 life....... not a fan of this change.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Wild Pyromancer is dead. Long live Wild Pyro.

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wild Pyromancer is dead. Long live Wild Pyro.

One of the first things I looked for.

Also Doomsayer is missing.

Why does Blizzard hate me and my control priest dreams?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

World War Mammories posted:

how does the core set interact with cards that were previously from packs and dustable? could I dust, say, brightwing and baron geddon now, since I'm not using them and will get free copies in the core set? is the only downside that I won't have those cards any more when the core set changes next year, or is there more?

That's it, yea.

For 2014 Classic/Basic cards in the same situation, you also would need the crafted versions to play them in Classic Mode, regardless of their membership in the Core Set.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Taken from Hearthpwn whilst the Blizzard page is chugging, here's every Core card:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Wow some pretty interesting stuff going on with all the small changes and new cards...might actually play standard after rotation to escape secret mage and tickatus

Also rogue does look grim at first glance but don't forget that we're also getting a new expansion of cards and that rear end blade+poison+tox lady and the new neutral pirate+step is a win con

No Wave posted:

Warrior got that improbably popular card shieldbearer.
Do not speak ill of my gnome wife :colbert:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Taken from Hearthpwn whilst the Blizzard page is chugging, here's every Core card:

I’m not getting the distinction between shadow and fel spells

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Cry Havoc posted:

One is green and one is purple duh

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

World War Mammories posted:

From what I understand, anything in the core set is basically loaned to you, if something falls out of the core set in the future you'll need to own the card to continue to use it.

Cry Havoc posted:

It's just a difference in lore with the tl:dr being Fel is demon magic while Shadow is old god magic

No Wave posted:

So Jaraxxus hero power is apparently the same, and he gains five armor instead of putting you to 15 life....... not a fan of this change.

:agreed: Honestly I wish they did more hero cards like old Jaraxxus that set you at a specific health so there was some depth to "when do I transform".

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 25, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Tin Tim posted:

Also rogue does look grim at first glance but don't forget that we're also getting a new expansion of cards and that rear end blade+poison+tox lady and the new neutral pirate+step is a win con

not to mention that secret passage, swindle, and cutting class are staying in.. as long as rogue has those tools it will be a force

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

All these changes definitely give them way more flexibility to redefine and update the 'class identities'.

I could even the see the identities evolve over time, eg they could bring a new mage in with the next classic rotation instead of jaina and so on. I don't know enough about wow to know who the characters are but they could do a year with all the frost spells and then a year with all the fire spells for example.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Wrath, Ancient of Lore and Starfire are out. Flare is gone as is Starving Buzzard. Blessing of Wisdom, Hammer of Wrath, Holy Wrath and Lay on Hands have ascended. Sprint is improved but Rogue drops both Shiv and Fan of Knives. Far Sight can be seen no longer. Battle Rage, Commanding Shout and Shield Block are in the graveyard. Novice Engineer, Cult Master, Gnomish Inventor, Harrison Jones and, of course, Nat Pagle have all moved to a big farm upstate with plenty of room to run around.

Card draw is going to be largely unavailable for most classes is what I'm saying.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Hmm, I'm wondering what the expansion is gonna do for Mage, because while I think that Spell Damage deck is actually quite good, playing it without SA, Frostbolt or Arcane Missles? Yeesh

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Caire (and Baine) got a random +1 attack buff.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

sirtommygunn posted:

It's just a difference in lore with the tl:dr being Fel is demon magic while Shadow is old god magic

so is ritual of doom as a shadow spell a mistake then?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Cry Havoc posted:

so is ritual of doom as a shadow spell a mistake then?

Lol ok nevermind this person is right:

One is green and one is purple duh

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
There's a lot less draw in these.

Gonna take some time to digest, but it definitely seems like its aimed to encourage midrangeness again.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's really tough to get a context for this until the new expansion drops. That's gonna be a whole lot of cards.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Fel is edgelord demons and Shadow is edgelord death and darkness.

If there are Demons that get sacrificed for the darkness I guess we're just screwed.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
One card I find interesting is the new Paladin card "Pursuit of Justice". Outside of spells like Shadowform that change a hero power, it seems rare for a spell rather than a battlecry to grant a board aura effect for the rest of the game. Kind of like a permanent enchantment, but played once rather than sitting on the board like in MtG.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Oh Guardian of Kings got +1 health and taunt, might actually be playable now.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Fel is edgelord demons and Shadow is edgelord death and darkness.

If there are Demons that get sacrificed for the darkness I guess we're just screwed.

The WoD version of Hellfire Citadel had a boss that was basically this

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Definitely impressed by the number of buffed cards. Big Game Hunter is now 4 mana.

As for card choices there's some good, some bad, but the most baffling to me is some of the neutrals. Ice Rager? Humongus Razorleaf?? King Mukla???

Also Noz is a meme card right? 7 mana 8/8 but the game turns into a shitshow if your opponent also has it.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 25, 2021

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Stonetusk Boar has rush and not charge, the game should be cancelled.

Edit: also, Illidari inquisitor is 8 extra damage to face if DH already has weapon from the previous turn? Seems nuts?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RatHat posted:

Also Noz is a meme card right? 7 mana 8/8 but the game turns into a shitshow if your opponent also has it.

I might try running it just because I hate when opponents in trash-tier silver/gold take forever on every turn

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oh poo poo, didn't realize Tracking got changed to "discover a card from your deck". That is like auto-include-2-copies-in-every-deck tier

Edit: yeah, I know there was a benefit to the discard, but I always hated it and pure aggro decks that wanted to discard 4

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 25, 2021

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

kaaj posted:

Stonetusk Boar has rush and not charge, the game should be cancelled.

Edit: also, Illidari inquisitor is 8 extra damage to face if DH already has weapon from the previous turn? Seems nuts?

Especially since Warglaives is back to 5 mana. It’s going to be hilariously strong.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Felsoul Jailer+Ironbeak Owl is going to be really funny.

EDIT: Oh I guess new Noz allows for speed game tournaments where every deck needs to have Noz. This’ll probably be a brawl too.
EDIT2: If you’re at 8 or less health you’re probably dead because every deck will be running Alex.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 25, 2021

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RatHat posted:

As for card choices there's some good, some bad, but the most baffling to me is some of the neutrals... Humongus Razorleaf??

SILENCE PRIEST RIDES AGAIN

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

As for card choices there's some good, some bad, but the most baffling to me is some of the neutrals. Humongus Razorleaf??

Razorleaf is an interesting option with rebuffed Argus, plus the noted silence silliness.

New Noz is going into all my decks. At worst it's a 7 mana 8/8, at best we get to play Turbo Hearthstone :getin:

Can we organise a Goon Tournament where Noz is a deck requirment?

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Especially since Warglaives is back to 5 mana. It’s going to be hilariously strong.

Between this and Equality at 3 Blizzard don't give a gently caress about Wild balance.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 25, 2021

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I haven't read any reactions to the new cards yet, but I want to state that new Nozdormu will be in every single one of my decks, even aggro decks. Hail Nozdormu!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Razorleaf is an interesting option with rebuffed Argus, plus the noted silence silliness.

New Noz is going into all my decks. At worst it's a 7 mana 8/8, at best we get to play Turbo Hearthstone :getin:

Can we organise a Goon Tournament where Noz is a deck requirment?

Between this and Equality at 3 Blizzard don't give a gently caress about Wild balance.

Equality is in Odd Paladin. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Olpainless posted:

Equality is in Odd Paladin. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Equality has been in Odd Paladin since Scholomance

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Equality has been in Odd Paladin since Scholomance

I thought they didn't run Barov due to the Deathrattle possibly backfiring a board of dudes, or was that a null factor?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
2 copies and no backfire is better than 1 copy that can wreck your own board.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I can't really figure out what Mage is supposed to do now with their core set. Control mage lost all its AOE freeze, and a 1 damage buff to Flamestrike doesn't make up for that. The legendary points to maybe a spell damage focused tempo deck, but Mage's burn is basically just Fireball now. They still have a decent secret package, but you need something alongside that to actually win games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

enki42 posted:

I can't really figure out what Mage is supposed to do now with their core set. Control mage lost all its AOE freeze, and a 1 damage buff to Flamestrike doesn't make up for that. The legendary points to maybe a spell damage focused tempo deck, but Mage's burn is basically just Fireball now. They still have a decent secret package, but you need something alongside that to actually win games.
You just need to stick fallen hero and coldarra drake for a few turns.