Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Changing my vote back to undiagnosed mental illness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Is Nescafe resuable? I thought Nescafe machines were like Keurig machines with all those wasteful disposable coffee bean cups?. Or am I getting brands confused?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is Nescafe resuable? I thought Nescafe machines were like Keurig machines with all those wasteful disposable coffee bean cups?. Or am I getting brands confused?

By Nescafe (he posted a pic in the slideshow) he means the big glass jar of instant coffee they make. My issue is drinking it out of 5-year old slurpee cups...

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

dude found his way to the coffee equivalent of reusing needles. even more baffling when he could just use something like a thermos but I suspect that involves washing it and that is beyond his ken

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

witchy posted:

dude found his way to the coffee equivalent of reusing needles. even more baffling when he could just use something like a thermos but I suspect that involves washing it and that is beyond his ken

He can't wash a thermos because his dishwasher is full of espresso machines. Really.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

McCracAttack posted:

Changing my vote back to undiagnosed mental illness.

changing mine to getfiscal of coffee

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
lol at all the internet tough guys ITT now earnestly trying to say that they didn’t recognize two of the most famous + ubiquitous photographs of all time because two people have pushed back on the probation

OP was trying to threadshit and dish back the sass that he was getting and he misread the room. It’s like when you’re in a mosh pit and there’s an established energy and then some new guy barrels in and starts throwing punches and kicks, and he’s not following anybody else or trying to mosh safely, and instead of raising the energy he like hits a girl in the face with his foot and/or totally kills the mosh and/or gets thrown out and/or starts a fight and gets sorted.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Grovercoffee

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:dogbutton:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

you’re probably thinking Nespresso

Nescafé is the broader brand/Nestle coffee division and they sell all sorts of coffee/coffee adjacent poo poo like creamer, instant coffee, etc. They own Taster’s Choice and like a million other brands around the world, including lots of local and endemic stuff (chicory coffee in places where people like to drink chicory coffee, etc)

according to the internet Nescafé is Nestle’s biggest brand, one of their oldest (1938), and the “third biggest megabrand in the world” according to Euromonitor. Apparently it was started with heavy involvement and help from the Brazilian govt, which sounds about right for Nestle. The Chiquita Brands/United Fruit of coffee

trilobite terror has issued a correction as of 18:00 on Mar 1, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bagual posted:

Oh yeah now i remember where i was, ok and i'll have a large soda with that

ugh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That coffee guy must be a parody, right?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol at all the internet tough guys ITT now earnestly trying to say that they didn’t recognize two of the most famous + ubiquitous photographs of all time because two people have pushed back on the probation

OP was trying to threadshit and dish back the sass that he was getting and he misread the room. It’s like when you’re in a mosh pit and there’s an established energy and then some new guy barrels in and starts throwing punches and kicks, and he’s not following anybody else or trying to mosh safely, and instead of raising the energy he like hits a girl in the face with his foot and/or totally kills the mosh and/or gets thrown out and/or starts a fight and gets sorted.

Yeah they were threadshitting but I made my post on the small chance they were being sincere somehow. They can't post their lovely pictures anyway so eh

The only pic they posted that I recognized was the Nat Geo Afghan girl

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Paladinus posted:

That coffee guy must be a parodyPulitzer Prize-winning art critic and professor with three honorary doctorates, right?

FTFY

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Paladinus posted:

That coffee guy must be a parody, right?

He's probably doing it for attention, when Trump was still president he would parade around his tiny upstate NY town with a sign saying "gently caress drumpf" or something equally as stupid every weekend and post pics to Instagram

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

witchy posted:

[...] even more baffling when he could just use something like a thermos [...]

Or instant coffee in a gallon jug. It's like $0.10 per cup.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

change my name posted:

He's probably doing it for attention, when Trump was still president he would parade around his tiny upstate NY town with a sign saying "gently caress drumpf" or something equally as stupid every weekend and post pics to Instagram

all the people who were “leftists” during the Bush years really got all the worst brain worms didn’t they

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
samantonio is good content because he can't get over his out of focus point and shoot/photoshop crap being panned so he's launched a crusade about Art and the platonic ideal of a "cspam pic". not necessarily cspam pics content tho

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

witchy posted:

samantonio is good content because he can't get over his out of focus point and shoot/photoshop crap being panned so he's launched a crusade about Art and the platonic ideal of a "cspam pic". not necessarily cspam pics content tho

:haibrow:

:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/kf8Pxtq.png

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smdh y'all chased ansel adams out of this thread on a rail

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

i say swears online posted:

Wake me up when Bradford Washburn posts their stuff AA is so derivative

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Quote was posted in the funny politics things you remember thread, but the response I wanted to make felt more at home here

https://twitter.com/iucipur/status/1244806488264257537

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

i say swears online posted:

samantonio should come back and I’m sure they’ll blossom and develop into quite the goon

maybe they’ve earned a redtext tho- maybe “the Ansel Adams of bad posts”

but an admin should give it to them, nobody should pay ten dollars for that poo poo

are cameltoe pics kosher here?

like I know it’s a funny Hillary pic from Twitter but it’s still, you know, a picture of a woman’s genitals.

Heathcliff is the thinking man’s Garfield, truly the superior Garfield.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ok Comboomer posted:

iirc the last time this came up mod's verdict was yes as long as the picture has some political connection

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

what if it severs the connection between your soul and your body?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
You need the physical comedy of it to outweigh the voyeurism, though.

Like that photo of Bernie Sanders' pocket-marker looking like a monster hog.

Or that photo of Dick Cheney's colostomy bag looking like a monster hog.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Accretionist posted:

You need the physical comedy of it to outweigh the voyeurism, though.

Like that photo of Bernie Sanders' pocket-marker looking like a monster hog.

Or that photo of Dick Cheney's colostomy bag looking like a monster hog.

gently caress is a pocket-marker?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
A marker in his pocket (that looked like a monster hog).

I wanted the sentences to match and that gave me two words to work with.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Grovercoffee

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Ok Comboomer posted:

like I know it’s a funny Hillary pic from Twitter but it’s still, you know, a picture of a woman’s genitals.

eh it's in the subjective zone and depends on context

I don't see any misogyny or unnecessary creepiness here

if it can be reasonably compared to someone pointing out someone's funny boner I dont have a problem with it

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

okay yeah there's something legitimately wrong with this person and they need help

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I totally believe Stav when he says he beat this dude in a debate.

A recent big brain leak:

https://twitter.com/jerrysaltz/status/1353732519225675779?s=19

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

moot the hopple posted:

lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

what is the context on this? :lmao:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

moot the hopple posted:

A recent big brain leak:

https://twitter.com/jerrysaltz/status/1353732519225675779?s=19

Last week, I've watched a horror movie called Velvet Buzzsaw. In it, Jake Gyllenhaal plays an extremely pretentious and foppish art critic by the name of Morf Vandewalt. While watching, I thought he was too over the top even for a horror movie, but in the end it looks like his character was very understated.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Jerry Saltz is a long running performance art piece. I need not, and subsequently will not offer any further support of this claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I love how completely he's convinced himself he's just a charming eccentric as he hoards gas station coffee in his filth encrusted fridge.