Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

me and keane are probably the only players who know sandwolf's tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'm starting to get feels about sandy

I accept, would you like to go to the Friendly’s and split a cabinet?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

me and keane are probably the only players who know sandwolf's tell

Yah I fall apart by D3 lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sandwolf's tell is when he feels his team is threatened he cannot resist posting against the threat

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ie, he's town OR nobody being discussed is on sandwolf's scumteam

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Y'all rely too heavily on meta.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Knowing how people usually act, and then seeing them act differently is a tried and true scum hunting tool. Why would you remove that from your toolbelt?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Applying that and looking for their motivation is the next step.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm not saying remove it altogether. I just think it is relied upon too much and often is treated as axiomatic regarding alignment.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Idle Amalgam posted:

Y'all rely too heavily on meta.

i agree. sorry if my post came off as a hard town read of sandwolf. i meant it as just a summary of my meta opinion

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'm not saying remove it altogether. I just think it is relied upon too much and often is treated as axiomatic regarding alignment.

Ah, but is that something you would say during your scum game?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lol @ Keane. Alignment neutral, I'd say it as town or scum with the same degree of sincerity.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

Outside of D1 when we have nothing to work with, I think Meta is a great pillar to build cases upon, but it shouldn't be the entirety of the case.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the one thing i think we can all agree on is that sandwolf gets zero agency on if he lives or dies today

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I see a ton of new posts and I'm not going to lie, sort of disappointed there wasn't another vig shot.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Grandicap posted:

Outside of D1 when we have nothing to work with, I think Meta is a great pillar to build cases upon, but it shouldn't be the entirety of the case.

Only meta is more or less being used to avoid cases, imo.

It seems like meta is only being used to say why someone isn't scum and is mostly based only loose observations from rapport with the exception of the good place mafia being a specific call out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah but you need to induce posting to generate the content to case to begin with. you cant case with no actions and no posts (but that sounds like an interesting idea for a game of mafia...)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

spacing in vienna posted:

I'm not sure about this post either but we are still eternal mason bros, Grandi.

So I've spent way too much time on this, but what does "either" mean here?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

yeah but you need to induce posting to generate the content to case to begin with. you cant case with no actions and no posts (but that sounds like an interesting idea for a game of mafia...)

For what it's worth a LONG time ago I ran a game where you had to vote in your first post each day, and you could never NOT have a vote down after you posted.

I always intended to run another one with the same mechanic, just never got around to it. It definitely made for some interesting days.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

So I've spent way too much time on this, but what does "either" mean here?

she has slight sus on grandi

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

I agree it was early and justified but more importantly I hate posting gimmicks even if Disco Elysium was a good game.

##vote Bifauxen

Are you still voting Bif based solely on the PR thing? Do you have any thoughts on the vig mixed with it?

Like I get your view on PRs. I don't agree with it, I've seen it done and have done it regardless of alignment, especially when it was fun or it helped me get into a game, but Bif is basically the one person in this game that you have more to go on with the vig kill so steeling your vote totally in the PR is jumping out to me.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

And I see you unvoted later so yeah.

I still want to know about the vote though.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Bad vote.

##vote Idle Amalgam

Voting Bif for her use of the vig is incorrect, but not something that surprises me. This vote in particular is bad and scum centric. The single word Agreed on a post of someone else. Trying to tie it back to Sci. Taking no responsibility for the easy vote.

You still think this despite the Disco Elysium stuff coming out?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

You still think this despite the Disco Elysium stuff coming out?

Yes, still a bad vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nah I’m okay at D1 as scum, it’s once flips come in and I need my reads to adapt organically I start loving up.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote SiV. The either thing is probably pointless. I was wondering why she said she didn't like that grandi post "either" when I couldn't find an earlier post of his she commented on.

Regardless something about her interactions with Grandi stood out to me so might as well just gut vote it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Is this plurality? I just assumed it was as Cpig's last game was and the one I'm running is plurality but looking at the OP now I don't see anything either way.

Grandicap posted:

Yes, still a bad vote.

Fair enough.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

id like everyone to vote bminus but im not gonna be chasing my tail over it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Unless I specifically state that a game is plurality you can safely assume it is majority as the default.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Voodoofly posted:

##vote SiV. The either thing is probably pointless. I was wondering why she said she didn't like that grandi post "either" when I couldn't find an earlier post of his she commented on.

Regardless something about her interactions with Grandi stood out to me so might as well just gut vote it.

Can you elaborate on this? I know it's a gut vote but idgi.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I didn’t like the “I don’t like this” post about Grandi, with the follow up later.

Something just stuck out about it to me.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote biff

I just dont think it was fun

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

##vote biff

I just dont think it was fun

"You got your methods, I got mine. Now let me do my job."

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This feels a touch overdone

siv was probably referring to this post she made 3 minutes prior to the "either" post

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i agree its weird since siv made a bunch of posts between, including posts she liked. but siv lives in a constant state of "wires crossed", so

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voodoofly posted:

so, that being said, voodoo how have siv's interactions with grandi stood out to you?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(asking because i havent the slightest clue what you're seeing)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Jumping from science to grand but falling back on the mason thing at the same time, then the follow up post. I don’t know just felt off. I mean if there are players I just don’t want to vote early on because I want to play with them I just don’t post about those people, especially to half call them scum but pull back at the same time.

For the record I don’t think it’s scummy to just say I don’t want to vote someone today because I want to play with them. I do that almost every game with a couple posters, I just don’t go out of my way to call them slightly scummy when I do it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Okay but this post I like, esp since sci isn't actually voting bif himself

i will say tho, that this post is really odd because scientastic had been voting for bif long before this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’m also just trying to find a way to get into the game because I find the would scum vig and the meta/PR debate boring and somewhat pointless.