Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i do agree with you that the "eternal masonbros" comment was needless and seems like an easy way for scum to have a "townread" without actually committing to anything.

so yeah i guess i see what you're seeing. i was confused cuz you specifically called out interactions with grandi, which was only like a total of 20 words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voodoofly posted:

I’m also just trying to find a way to get into the game because I find the would scum vig and the meta/PR debate boring and somewhat pointless.

this i strongly agree with. hence why bif is not even on my radar today.

engaging in activity that makes it easier for scum to post...? that aint my style.

any ol' shmuck can philosophize about mafia meta and the implications of a dayvig. bif is an empty vote that's easy to hop on or defend and will result in a largely meaningless flip. a scum's wet dream! so that's a nah from me

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol but you assume bif is 100% town there.

I think we should dunk bif if she intends to keep up a self imposed pr and is also killing people without reason.

Had Yami done anything remotely questionable, maybe I could see it, but the more I look at it... the more it feels like scum doing scummy poo poo out in the open because of theory hedging and player meta is perfect armor in this case.

##vote bif

Instead of wasting night actions trying to figure out or dismantle or enable or empower or whatever the gently caress bif is, I say we dunk them and be done with it.

I know I've been killed for way less on day 1 lol.

Some of you too.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Bif is likable.
Doing a funny/familiar gimmick.
And as a result, has a small degree of player amnesty.

I don't like that combination for a town killer who stands by their actions behind a self imposed PR.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I dunno, the D1 vigshot just feels so alignment neutral at this point. I don’t know if I’d vote Bif for that, but she hasn’t done anything particularly townie. Her response to my prod for a case was alright but felt like an island of content in a sea of PR, tho the PR is funny

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

And I see you unvoted later so yeah.

I still want to know about the vote though.
I didn't like Bif shooting so early, I think shooting D1 because use-it-or-lose-it is fine, but I think you can still have more to go on in target selection on D1. Obviously Bif was going to come under scrutiny after that, and I wanted the posting gimmick to be part of that scrutiny.

But doing things I think are harmful to town, which both the vig and the PR is included for me, doesn't have to make someone scum, and Bif didn't wilt under the pressure, so.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lol that's what I'm saying about this blatantly scummy behavior.

It doesn't make sense for a town player to do either of those things either.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
But if it won't happen, I'm fine with that and will look elsewhere.

I just think we all witnessed egregious behavior and are ultimately okay with it for bad reasons.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Perhaps so, but it’s not like we forfeit the ability to lunch her later. She’s probably a multi-shot Vig too, so that’s something we’ll have to consider at some point as well.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Perhaps so, but it’s not like we forfeit the ability to lunch her later. She’s probably a multi-shot Vig too, so that’s something we’ll have to consider at some point as well.

Given that she fired indiscriminately into a crowd is that a point for keeping her or executing her?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bif is a good option to kill at night (looking at all of you probable town killing roles out there). but not so much a good option to execute. because casing her ultimately boils down to wifom and mafia meta, instead of analyzing posting and interactions and all that good poo poo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I dunno, I don’t have a strong enough read of Bif in this game yet

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It's still IA.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol but you assume bif is 100% town there.

I think we should dunk bif if she intends to keep up a self imposed pr and is also killing people without reason.

Had Yami done anything remotely questionable, maybe I could see it, but the more I look at it... the more it feels like scum doing scummy poo poo out in the open because of theory hedging and player meta is perfect armor in this case.

##vote bif

Instead of wasting night actions trying to figure out or dismantle or enable or empower or whatever the gently caress bif is, I say we dunk them and be done with it.

Some of you too.

That appeal at the end is total scummy reasoning.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Not an appeal to how scummy or guilty Bif, just the people have been executed for less.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Don't bother looking too hard at it, just kill her...

IA is scum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lol I'd like to cite any games I've been in with grandi in the last 6 months and point to how terribly wrong he's been every time.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
This is our standard shtick now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol I'd like to cite any games I've been in with grandi in the last 6 months and point to how terribly wrong he's been every time.

Do I?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I just looked back to confirm, and the last two games we played together I was scum. I did go after you in Sand mafia for your "nothing-burger" of a post D1. But I don't feel like they are equivalent.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Hmmm, I think so, man. I think any time you've called me scum recently, you yourself were scum, or you were just wrong about my alignment.

Happens to the best of us, that is, if you aren't scum!

I'm too lazy to find specific games atm but I can do this later.

I may also eat a toxx ban sooner than later, but will be back quickly.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yeah I don’t want to vote IA. All that feels sincere and I’d probably agree with him if I hadn’t finally just accepted that it’s a party game and sometimes fun is just as important as logic when it comes to playing. Regardless of alignment but especially for town.

I also have no opinion either way on bif other than I’m enjoying the PR. She is probably as good a vote today as any but I still think there was something wrong with SiVs posts.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry I've been at work and wow this game moves fast.

Steak's got it, I meant "this is another post I do not like" because that made sense in my head. Most things do? He's right about wires crossed, I don't always verb correctly.

I said the bit about eternal masonbros was because we are.

Wait, sci is voting bif? He wasn't when that post was made, though. Which was what I meant. Or did I gently caress that up, too?

Maybe i shouldn't try to ninja post on breeeeeaks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sci when you awake give me some thoughts

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

spacing in vienna posted:

Sorry I've been at work and wow this game moves fast.

Steak's got it, I meant "this is another post I do not like" because that made sense in my head. Most things do? He's right about wires crossed, I don't always verb correctly.

I said the bit about eternal masonbros was because we are.

Wait, sci is voting bif? He wasn't when that post was made, though. Which was what I meant. Or did I gently caress that up, too?

Maybe i shouldn't try to ninja post on breeeeeaks

Who do you think is scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mr. Steak posted:

bif is a good option to kill at night (looking at all of you probable town killing roles out there). but not so much a good option to execute. because casing her ultimately boils down to wifom and mafia meta, instead of analyzing posting and interactions and all that good poo poo

What

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah I am happy with my vote on grand, also,I think

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I am happy with my vote on grand, also,I think

I too, am happy with your vote on me Keane. It feels warm and welcoming. Like a friendly hug from an aunt.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
listen folks. only scum kill people...

bif killed a person...

therefor bif is scum

bow down before my argumentation

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

listen folks. only scum kill people...

bif killed a person...

therefor bif is scum

bow down before my argumentation

Best argument in the thread Toalp.

Just one more thing... aren't you now arguing to kill Bif for her sins? Making you a murderer. And therefore scum too!!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

could town win via pacifist run?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Time for Mason Cop Vig

Mason steak or hal
Cop Grandi
Vig Bif

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

Time for Mason Cop Vig

Mason steak or hal
Cop Grandi
Vig Bif

whose eligible because last time i did this SIV based an entire game on be being town thinking i was galaxybraining the whole thing when in reality i didn't understand the game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hmmmmmmm

Could be Sci.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mason SiV, let's keep that train rolling.
Vig IA
Cop Keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cop Voodoofly
Mason John Cena
Hold onto vig until it's near the end of the game and use it as a double execution.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacing in vienna posted:

Wait, sci is voting bif? He wasn't when that post was made, though.

yep, he was

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mason sandwolf, cop sandwolf
vig idk yet

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is nobody copping their mason partner? its so obvious

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002