Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Idle Amalgam posted:

But he said he would vig you, not vote you.

Strange overreaction or steak reaction

is this supposed to mean something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GODDAMNIT

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Folks I'm here playing the game. For real.

I saw bif kill yami, known town, earlier today. Lets vote them out.

Toal is by far the worst of these two kids. Steak has no problem being near you, but Toal came up with the psychopathic scheme to get everyone after you before. Steak just wanted to reason things out. Toal is the one winding people up and directing them.

"Hey, Steak! Pssst..."

*pulls Steak a bit aside so Toal behind the fence can't listen in*

"Steak, listen to me — Toal's trying to *control* you. We gotta get you outta here."

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Mr. Steak posted:

is this supposed to mean something?

Nothing harmful, just trying to decide if this is normal posting from you or hamming it up since Jose was talking about vigging you, not voting you.

I think discussing it with you has only confused the matter further in my mind though.

For now... I'VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Why'd you do this?

Bifauxnen posted:

"I might barely remember how reality works, but this doesn't seem hard to understand."

##vote Keane
I think this vote is scummier than the vig kill

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote grandicap my other sneaking suspicion

Mr. Steak posted:

if bif is scum he's defending her, and if she's town he's defending her with such conviction that it looks like scum angling for some cred when bif flips. he kind of doesnt look good either way lol. no need to flip bif first
Don't like this either. It's presenting a false dichotomy and ignoring option 3 which is Grandi actually believes what he's saying

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jose Valasquez posted:

Don't like this either. It's presenting a false dichotomy and ignoring option 3 which is Grandi actually believes what he's saying

I don't actually agree with the vote being notably scummy tbh.

I don't think I particularly think bif is super scummy right now (which, I want to be clear, is different than saying she's town(another parenthesis to say "Keane you're refusing to say either way! Yeah well what are you gonna do about it? Nothing, that's what.)) But Grand leaping in with calling Bif town for it feels weird! It's weird to say "Yeah this person that killed town outta nowhere is town for it."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Mafia Most Wanted:
*picture of me*

WANTED DEAD OR DEADER FOR CRIMES AGAINST POSTING.

There's something about this guy that *matches* with a face in your head. Who is this guy?

That voice... so very familiar... There's something that binds you to him. Even if it's him always being the complete opposite of you.

"I'm starting to come up with a theory. This guy in the Thunderdome losertar? He's an rear end in a top hat. So maybe it's the people who are so sure that he's town who are the most suspicious... A lot of people have been running back and forth through here saying he's so sincere. I'll get an exact count."

Sandwolf posted:

IA’s vote being dropped on Bif feels a little late to the party but I don’t think it’s scummy.

Sandwolf posted:

I can never read you, like I’m thinking you’re scummy but in the normal way I always do, but I think I’m reading genuine tone in your posts, but I can never be sure!!

"1) Standard waffling statements. Scummy."

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah I don’t want to vote IA. All that feels sincere and I’d probably agree with him if I hadn’t finally just accepted that it’s a party game and sometimes fun is just as important as logic when it comes to playing.

Voodoofly posted:

I get the eternal mason thing but seriously do you think IA is a better vote than SiV right now?

To me, IA is just completely incredulous that people are allowing someone (Bif) to play in anything but a pro-town way and get away with it. I've been there many times, it feels sincere from him right now, he is probably the last person I would vote.

"2) Standard gutfeel. Reinforced by personal experience. A lighter touch here. Less scummy."

Scientastic posted:

I was fully prepared to admit that I was wrong, and that maybe I overreacted to Bif's vig, but I don't think I did. I still think it's Bif.

I reread IA, and he seems sincere and unguarded in his posting. Grandi seems to be reaching, especially for D1.

"3) An aberration. This guy's thread footprint looks like it should have a lot more weight to it than this."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jose Valasquez posted:

CCKeane posted:

"That jumped out at me too. Something's not right here."

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

"That jumped out at me too. Something's not right here."

u should vote josev

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

u should vote josev

"Whatever. I just started thinking about it. This is gonna be one-to-two hour brain project, at least. Steak, listen. I know this *boundary-pushing* thing is new to you, but it's old news for us grown-ups."

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I don't think I particularly think bif is super scummy right now (which, I want to be clear, is different than saying she's town(another parenthesis to say "Keane you're refusing to say either way! Yeah well what are you gonna do about it? Nothing, that's what.)) But Grand leaping in with calling Bif town for it feels weird! It's weird to say "Yeah this person that killed town outta nowhere is town for it."

"Yeah this person that killed town outta nowhere is town for it." is almost exactly what I am saying. Or rather, because it was out of nowhere, it is town play.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

"Yeah this person that killed town outta nowhere is town for it." is almost exactly what I am saying. Or rather, because it was out of nowhere, it is town play.

Yes, this is weird!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CCKeane posted:

It doesn't seem unusual to me because I've seen it happen recently. I don't agree with it, but I don't think it is inherently a scummy position to take

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Specifically here, it's an outcome that negatively effects town, and just because town does it a lot doesn't mean that it's townie to do so. I think it's a neutral tell, it's worth asking about what was up with that, and just jumping to town is wild!

If you think this is a bad case, then I'll have you know that town often makes bad cases, so I'm townie.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lotsa results oriented thinking going on itt

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Specifically here, it's an outcome that negatively effects town, and just because town does it a lot doesn't mean that it's townie to do so. I think it's a neutral tell, it's worth asking about what was up with that, and just jumping to town is wild!

If you think this is a bad case, then I'll have you know that town often makes bad cases, so I'm townie.

You are correct, it is an outcome that negatively effects town. It was an anti-town use of the power. But that doesn't make the wielder anti-town. Doing something shortsighted without fear of the optics is what makes me think Bif is town for the action.
You can disagree with me all you want, but it is exactly what I feel about the situation.

I also agree that it is worth asking about, Digging into people's reactions is good. Coming to conclusions is good. You coming to a null read based on the actions is a reasonable conclusion. I just happen to disagree with it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

You are correct, it is an outcome that negatively effects town. It was an anti-town use of the power. But that doesn't make the wielder anti-town. Doing something shortsighted without fear of the optics is what makes me think Bif is town for the action.
You can disagree with me all you want, but it is exactly what I feel about the situation.

I also agree that it is worth asking about, Digging into people's reactions is good. Coming to conclusions is good. You coming to a null read based on the actions is a reasonable conclusion. I just happen to disagree with it.

So I don't think this is town thinking here though, and it feels indistinguishable from working backwards in knowing that bif is town and making a path to that conclusion from happenings in the thread.

I think scum might very well want to throw themselves on the side of "this person is town" after a dramatic event, and I think Grand is scum here because of this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hi Bif, I already regret letting you talk me into this.

Do you agree that toal is scum, also in this game?

So, also, reading back this is jumping out at me a bit because I get the impression that bif pushed for yami to join, and then immediately shot him. I'd like to know how that went down. (I thought it'd be funny is a completely acceptable answer here)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

Folks I'm here playing the game. For real.

I saw bif kill yami, known town, earlier today. Lets vote them out.

ah poo poo it’s Toalpaz

##vote Toalpaz

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Do they? Look at the thread. She's gotten a lot of suspicion from that vig. A good chunk say null tell. I'm the only one saying town read as far as I can tell. My response is an outlier. Her making that shot expecting a defense is unlikely.

Grandicap posted:

The conclusion I want is town Bif? How does that help scum-Grandi?

So this is kinda where I'm coming from with that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d be down to vote Jose too

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think it strains credibility to believe that Grand would not know why scum would be interested in defending town. Particularly in the posts I quoted previously, you can see that Grand feels like he'd be person defending bif, looking right if bif flipped town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

In conclusion, there is only one logical vote.

##vote: John Cena

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CCKeane posted:

In conclusion, there is only one logical vote.

##vote: John Cena

im a good boy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

im a good boy.

In light of this powerful counter argument, I will admit I was mistaken and I shall change my vote.

##vote: Grandicap

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I think it strains credibility to believe that Grand would not know why scum would be interested in defending town. Particularly in the posts I quoted previously, you can see that Grand feels like he'd be person defending bif, looking right if bif flipped town.

I think a lot of people think scum defend town to look good when they flip town, but I have never known anyone credit for being right about someone being town.

I understand why you think I'm scum Keane though, so I'll stop talking about this. I have a town lean on you as well based on this interaction. Have fun voting CENA I guess.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

In light of this powerful counter argument, I will admit I was mistaken and I shall change my vote.

##vote: Grandicap

drat, spoke too soon. Have fun voting me too I guess.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

I’d be down to vote Jose too

then do it, coward! jose has been expressly ignoring me because engaging with me would only bring more attention to him. its a scum technique i use all the time

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t think it’s Grandi, he seems more interested than not in figuring out who is scum and I honestly feel like the case on him re: Bif is like “wow he thinks BIF is TOWN? Scum”

I feel like it’s more likely he just picked a side of the binary and committed to it instead of waffling.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

then do it, coward! jose has been expressly ignoring me because engaging with me would only bring more attention to him. its a scum technique i use all the time

JoseV’s posts all feel like they’re trying to avoid saying too much, saying just enough content to disappear again, not really pushing nor standing for anything~~

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jose Valasquez posted:

Like why not slap a vote down here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote JoseV

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think it’s Grandi, he seems more interested than not in figuring out who is scum and I honestly feel like the case on him re: Bif is like “wow he thinks BIF is TOWN? Scum”

I feel like it’s more likely he just picked a side of the binary and committed to it instead of waffling.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of my argument there!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

JoseV’s posts all feel like they’re trying to avoid saying too much, saying just enough content to disappear again, not really pushing nor standing for anything~~

:love:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw im gonna have company later, and y'all know i check mafia threads quite frequently (cuz i have no life) but i may still only be checking in at like 20 minute intervals closer to deadline. also there's a chance i'll be shwasted

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Where's steak he hasn't posted all day. Lurking?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

Where's steak he hasn't posted all day. Lurking?

lmao

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

I don't think that's a fair assessment of my argument there!

I’m not getting scummy vibes from you rn but what’s would be a fair assessment of your argument!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t see it this way at all!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

I don’t see it this way at all!!

Recontextualize it then!

Both of y’all complaining my take is wrong and doing zero legwork to correct it!