Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Just because someone doesn't want to play the game exactly as you set it up Sandy, doesn't make them scum. It makes them have a different mindset.

Again, look at motivations. Why would Scum Jose V purposely antagonize you here? This feels like a strongly held belief of his on how to play vigs, one I agree with. Him not willing to do the thought experiment is reasonable. He reframed the thought experiment so he could participate in the content game. It was well reasoned and followed his thought process, and was of a town mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

But then why not just say shoot bif instead of this “I’d shoot bif but then again maybe not because she’s a viable lunch candidate today”? That feels like you know Bif could eat it today and are okay with that happening like that, but if you thought Bif was scum wouldn’t you just want her flipped so we could spend the rest of D1 analyzing the fallout of that?

I see what you're driving at here, but I'm not sure I agree: I can see using a vig on someone you think is scummy but that you don't think is going to get executed, otherwise it's kind of a waste of a vig, right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tbf Grandi, I don’t think the sidestepping is exactly the issue, I feel like the sidestepping is betraying a lack of genuine feel and belief in the game, which I feel is kinda scummy at this point

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Though I do hear the point that him changing the content game in order to answer in a way consistent w/ his feels on vigs. That’s a fair counter. Jose does also like to sit on vig kills (until he needs it D4 for his 360 noscope 3p win)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Tbf Grandi, I don’t think the sidestepping is exactly the issue, I feel like the sidestepping is betraying a lack of genuine feel and belief in the game, which I feel is kinda scummy at this point

But it isn't. There were real reads in that post. You know, content, the thing you are trying to get out of the content game.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I mean, the safe answer would be to just tell you what you want to hear and name somebody, but I am very conservative and calculated with role actions. If I had a role action that posted someone's flip in the thread I wouldn't use it yet because I wouldn't want to inadvertently flip a cop or something.

If I had a role action that would tell me and me alone someone's flip and it was use it or lose it I would probably use it on Bif because that's the person that A) I think has been scummiest in the game thus far, and B) I think that flip gives the most information to work with given that she has been the focus of attention. Although on second thought I might not do that because Bif is one of the likelier candidates for execution today so it might end up being a waste. The other way to think about this hypothetical role action is that it can tell me who I can trust in the game, so perhaps I would use it on someone that I have a hard time reading like Keane or Voodoo.

I don't know, it's a tough choice. If I had an action like that I would agonize over it for hours before deciding how to use it. I've already spent 20 minutes thinking about it and it isn't even real. I doubt you'll like that answer, but it's how I think about the game and I'm not gonna lie about it

In reframing and sidestepping he still answered Bif and gave a reason for it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jose Valasquez posted:

I know you're doing a bit, but please stop talking to me in this way.

"Looks like it's your lucky day, here comes the next magical scum pick again to grant me three wishes."

Scientastic posted:

I agree, I read Jose's response to Sandwolf as really townie.

"Okay, but like, what do you stand for? Apart from fixating on my vidge you're not actually making cases on anybody at all. Just give me a leaflet, Sunday Friend."

##vote Scientastic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

havent caught up to last few pages but im at work. will try to piece stuff together when i go to break and try to sniff out scum. im mostly gonna be combing through grandicap, sci, and sandwolf.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

havent caught up to last few pages but im at work. will try to piece stuff together when i go to break and try to sniff out scum. im mostly gonna be combing through grandicap, sci, and sandwolf.

Eagerly awaiting this Cena don’t let me down!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think this is town sci

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jose's response to sandwolf was indeed good. doesn't convince me he's town, but it does make me feel more comfortable switching back to grandicap, now that modest pressure has forced josev to post much more substantial posts than previously.

##vote grandicap

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alright new content game you’re one dance from 2000-2020 which are you: I’m the Dougie

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I'm the timeless cha-cha slide

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Alright new content game you’re one dance from 2000-2020 which are you: I’m the Dougie

I'm the Frug.

It is a dance from the 60s and a song from 1999 so it doesn't fit the question at all but it is what I thought of.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Classic Jose sidestepping questions

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wikipedia posted:

It evolved from another dance of the era, the Chicken.

HOW APPROPRIATE JOSE :evilbuddy:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

I'll be "standing awkwardly" please

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Wait, what year is it? I just know I'm the Jamrock Shuffle."

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will explicitly answer here as I have been asked more than once.

Show aligned is this game's town equivalent

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

I will explicitly answer here as I have been asked more than once.

Show aligned is this game's town equivalent

Aww, this woulda been such a good gotcha at some point.

It is also why I am reasonably certain Steak is town as I had a similar thought process as here:

Mr. Steak posted:

i am.... pretty sure im town?

im always nervous to say the flavor of my alignment when its not traditional

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Bifauxnen posted:

"Wait, what year is it? I just know I'm the Jamrock Shuffle."

Lmao

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##unvote

I've got a sick kid at home. We were up most of the night together and we spent most of the morning waiting to do a covid test.

There are four something pages of new posts I haven't read and honestly I don't know if I'll catch up before the deadline. I'll try to jump back in a couple hours but it will most likely just be to vote to avoid no execution.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

##unvote

I've got a sick kid at home. We were up most of the night together and we spent most of the morning waiting to do a covid test.

There are four something pages of new posts I haven't read and honestly I don't know if I'll catch up before the deadline. I'll try to jump back in a couple hours but it will most likely just be to vote to avoid no execution.

That sucks Voodoo, your family always comes first.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm not going to have much time between now and the deadline, to some degree I can blow off work to post but 5-7:30 is prime "dealing with a 5 month old" time which is harder to blow off.

##vote bif since that has been my strongest scum read so far. Assuming bedtime goes well I'll check in again before the deadline and move if needed to avoid a no execution

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (4): Scientastic, Sub Rosa, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Sub Rosa, Toalpaz, Idle Amalgam, Jose Valasquez
Grandicap (3): CCKeane, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, CCKeane, CCKeane, Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak
JOHN CENA (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane
Idle Amalgam (1): Grandicap, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
b-minus1 (1): Mr. Steak, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Steak, JOHN CENA, Idle Amalgam
Scientastic (1): Bifauxnen, Sub Rosa, Bifauxnen, Sub Rosa, Bifauxnen
Jose Valasquez (1): Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Mr. Steak
CCKeane (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Toalpaz (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
spacing in vienna (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly

Not Voting (3): Hal Insandenza, spacing in vienna, Voodoofly

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 02nd, 2021 at 7:42 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 53 minutes.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

The horse dance from Gangnam Style

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ohhh day is almost over

##vote grandicap

I think Jose has responded in a pretty townie way to everything Sandwolf did

I’d be ok with bif too but I do want to see the show continue

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Okay, a debrief to wrap up the day sounds good. I agree that JoseV doesn't seem so bad after giving him a closer look. Grandi's got things right about me, but I don't know if that makes him trustworthy. I don't think he's the most likely suspect, though. There's something else going on, and we have to look deeper."

"I get a lot of attention around here. Everyone in this dimension is all 'gently caress the police' cause they see me as just a vigilante. But I don't think the scum would want to rest easy with that. I think they'd expect me to wiggle out of it somehow. I'm the human can opener and I never stop. They wouldn't want to push too hard making it actually happen. They'd want to leave that up to the townies. I think that's why things stalled out for a while without anyone else but Grandi picking up steam. But they'd probably have at least one person on the inside, getting a safe early vote down just to plant the idea."

"Those suspects are Sci, Sub Rosa, IA, and Toal. Right now I'm feeling most suspicious of Sci. He dropped one knee-jerk reaction vote straight away and hasn't done anything since. Just empty agreement with other people's lines. Why can't he just case like a normal person?"

"As I mentioned though, no one else besides me and Grandi have got real attention today. Now I know I'm a fuckupatoo and I'm sorry, but I'm no scum. So if Grandi's the scum, where else have the scum been pushing? It doesn't look like much else going on at all, and it stinks."

"There's a lot of other possibilities I think we need to interview further. People keeping their heads down. People like Keane, Hal, or binus. SIV seems to have a lot of other things on her mind too, but she could be playing us all for fools. But it's going to be hard to squeeze in another solid interview before the end of the day. I still think Sci's the best pick."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Now someone was saying before that they thought if binus was scum, I had to be scum too. I wanted to find out what the hell they meant, but..."

"Hold on, where the hell *is* binus?"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Now I feel pretty good about bif

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

"I get a lot of attention around here. Everyone in this dimension is all 'gently caress the police' cause they see me as just a vigilante. But I don't think the scum would want to rest easy with that. I think they'd expect me to wiggle out of it somehow. I'm the human can opener and I never stop. They wouldn't want to push too hard making it actually happen. They'd want to leave that up to the townies. I think that's why things stalled out for a while without anyone else but Grandi picking up steam. But they'd probably have at least one person on the inside, getting a safe early vote down just to plant the idea."

Snipped, but, I think it's a 2 town leaderboard right now. So looking at the votes for scum hiding doesn't help as much, because all votes are safe votes for them.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I think grandi is a good vote from the day if meta is allowed in our toolkits lol

Based upon our last two games together where he was scum, as he himself has explained, and his similar behavior in this game.

However, if grandi is town. I have no reads and am garbage.

The latter applies anyhow.

##vote grandi

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
But uh hmmm

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"No townie needs to die today. Let's just keep calm and keep talking this over!"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Just saying Bif I think you’ve done a good job at filling your PR while keeping content up, that effort alone gives me a good town feel.

Sorry about your kiddo Voodoo ):

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Binus any reads on the game? Toalpaz?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

"No townie needs to die today. Let's just keep calm and keep talking this over!"

I went back and read sci, I agree he’s been quieter and more passive so far, even if I don’t agree with your point that he’s only agreed with people, he’s put some of his own thoughts out there, they are just shallower than I expect from him

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

"I could see people wanting to take their time with Sci. He's going to be a tough one to bring in. We need to hit at the weak link in the posse."

"I'd be happy to aim for one of those two."

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Psht look at this young'n not wanting me to pick the Roger Rabbit or Cabbage Patch

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Sandwolf posted:

John Cena and Jose are my scum reads

Town
Steak
Keane
Sci