Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

At least 15 people were killed in an accident involving an S.U.V. and a tractor-trailer in Southern California, the authorities said Tuesday.

The crash took place on State Route 115 in the area of El Centro, Calif., a city about 60 miles west of the Arizona border and near the border with Mexico.

Fourteen people were found dead at the scene, Judy Cruz, the managing director of the emergency department at the El Centro Regional Medical Center said at a news conference. Seven people were taken to El Centro Regional Medical Center, where one person died, and two were taken to Pioneers Memorial Hospital in Brawley, Calif.

“We believe there was 27 passengers in this S.U.V. that struck a semi truck full of gravel,” Ms. Cruz said. Dr. Adolphe Edward, the chief executive officer of the medical center, called it a “major accident.”

Jake Sanchez, a spokesman for the California Highway Patrol, said that the truck driver had minor injuries in the crash. He described the S.U.V. as a Ford vehicle whose maximum legal capacity was seven to eight people.

I want to understand this, were they little people? Were they stacked horizontally into the SUV? Was it like a stretch limousine SUV? How do you get 27 people into one SUV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
You can fit 13 people in a Chevy Corsica so I assume a suburban or something could hold at least double that

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I just wanna know why 27 people were in an SUV. I feel like I can imagine how they got in there, but why is another question.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Here's a group photo of the passengers :(

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My grandpa told me this joke and it was not fit for polite company so no thank you, OP

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Is this a college phone booth prank? Either way, there should be 27 TikTok accounts as to what happened.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Given where it happened it was probably some human trafficking / undocumented immigrant stuff.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Taima posted:

Given where it happened it was probably some human trafficking / undocumented immigrant stuff.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Maybe they were already dead and this is cover.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

:lol:

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Three Olives posted:

I want to understand this, were they little people? Were they stacked horizontally into the SUV? Was it like a stretch limousine SUV? How do you get 27 people into one SUV?

Take out the seats, squatting/sitting room only.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Taima posted:

This.

It may say "Southern California", but it aint nothing like LA or San Diego. El Centro is out in the loving boonies. It's way inland, very close to the Mexican border, is heavily hispanic, and the level of development is a lot closer to Reform, Alabama than what you think when you hear "Southern California". It was almost certainly something to do with undocumented migrants. Either being trafficked by a coyote or some poo poo, or else just all piling in to go to work in the only vehicle they had among them.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

That story reminds me of the freight truck full of refugees abandoned dead in central europe

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

maybe if your rear end had bought them an individual SUV per person, they wouldn't have died, 3O

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Polish SUV crashes into cemetery, rescue workers have so far uncovered 3,200 corpses

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Taima posted:

Yea... I assume it's probably some illegal poo poo or at best some day labor with lovely transportation available to their illegal work staff...

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
edit: actually nevermind this entire post

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

lmao at people making fun of obvious human trafficking/immigrant exploitation how fuckin' callous

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Wow I don't think I've ever seen an OP with a more appropriate avatar

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I bet a not insignificant number of the passengers were not even in the passenger compartment and were hidden in the paneling given it was near a border crossing

E. Yea, I did a tour of the San Ysidro border crossing facility a few years ago and got to go into the x-ray booth thingie that looks at all the cars that drove across the border and the agents had all these photos tacked up around the room of the various people they had caught in all different parts of the vehicles. They said they regularly found dead people inside body paneling/makeshift compartments, etc. :(

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 2, 2021

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
pretty horrifying!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
How many Mexicans can you fit in an SUV?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
^^^ is that a Merkur? Fan-cy.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

For perspective there were 7 fewer people in the suv than there are clowns here.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Another quality Three "I don't understand poor people" Olives thread.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lol

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
There were probably a significant number of children involved. Really sad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

^^^ is that a Merkur? Fan-cy.

cursing myself by posting in an ignorant TO thread, but it's not a merkur

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
some good poo poo in here, goons. keep riffin

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it was a Canyonero

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA&t=6s

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
So that's how you make a 27 meat sancocho

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
As much as I don't want to defend Three Olives, human trafficking/illegal immigration didn't occur to me at first either.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

As much as I don't want to defend Three Olives, human trafficking/illegal immigration didn't occur to me at first either.

Yeah, my first thought was being a teenager and cramming way too many people in car. I didn't realize how close this was to the border though.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, my first thought was being a teenager and cramming way too many people in car. I didn't realize how close this was to the border though.

My first thought was "clearly this is some sort of news typo", my second was "how the hell is that possible?", and my third was that it must be one of those Escalade stretch limos or something. I am extremely dense, and my knowledge of United States geography outside of the northeast is practically nonexistent.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YeahTubaMike posted:

My first thought was "clearly this is some sort of news typo", my second was "how the hell is that possible?", and my third was that it must be one of those Escalade stretch limos or something. I am extremely dense, and my knowledge of United States geography outside of the northeast is practically nonexistent.

This news story threw me for a loop when I saw it happened outside of Holtville, CA because I have family in both Holtville and El Centro where some people were taken.

I know the Imperial Valley like I’ve lived there my whole life, but I too was very dense at first and didn’t consider human trafficking, and also considered maybe a gently caress load of field workers were driving from one field to another and piled into one vehicle. I just couldn’t imagine that many people in one vehicle at any given time and why they did so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
From the picture, it looked like a Ford Excursion, one of the largest SUVs ever built. Apparently the seats were removed so they could cram more people in.

People just trying to make a living, probably. :(