Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kellies Nomination: most easily reinterpreted

Speaking of which, astral fixed the parsing bug and I should have the nominations masterlist set up in the next couple days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

"Ouch" Potato: Cancel Culture attacks Mr. Potato Head but at the last minute, Hasbro has decided to keep him.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Raised By Birds posted:

but at the last minute, Hasbro has decided to keep him.
Uh... that was always the plan?
:lol: at this being the issue

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jesus christ, Hasbro didn't "decide to keep him at the last minute". They were never getting rid of Mr. Potato Head. They were changing the name of the toy line and logo, so Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head were part of the Potato Head line.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's like people complaining about the muppets being cancelled, when they were finally put on a streaming service. All because you had to sit through a little disclaimer that some material did not age well. That's the exact opposite of being cancelled! They were brought back!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Even a dumb barn animal can recognise the value of masks for Covid managment and relief for the population. AGC.

The traditional sex and gender view had come completely apart and it's time pick up the pieces and build something entirely new. AGC.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 3, 2021

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
E: I overanalysed a Branco and gave him too much credit for symbolism

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ambitious Spider posted:

It's like people complaining about the muppets being cancelled, when they were finally put on a streaming service. All because you had to sit through a little disclaimer that some material did not age well. That's the exact opposite of being cancelled! They were brought back!

You don’t understand. Anything that tries to imply that I should feel shame and remorse for my poor actions? That’s cancel culture. If I’m not allowed to be a complete poo poo head to everyone around me with no consequences whatsoever, that’s an infringement of my rights and even my humanity.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oops I

quote:

forgot to

quote:

tell a joke!

TheRealMcFoy
Aug 5, 2017

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Don't Worry, Afghanistan, We Will Always Be Here for You

Wow, some real fresh insights from Ted there. I hear congress is at it again. What a bunch of clowns.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Wow, some real fresh insights from Ted there. I hear congress is at it again. What a bunch of clowns.

we just 'reconfirmed' our commitment to it so yes?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

It's cute that establishment Republicans think this is a winning message of any kind, or that even their Trumpified base cares anymore.

It's the one thing I enjoy about the Trumpists gaining influence in the GOP, they give zero shits about Reaganomic crap (unfortunately we all know what they love instead).

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

I'm 90% certain that by 2027, life in space will still be a claustrophobic, uncomfortable and somewhat terrifying experience ill suited for those who haven't been trained relentlessly to cope with it. But gently caress it, apparently Elon is going to make a frozen, airless desert with almost no sunlight livable by the next decade too.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Grape posted:

It's cute that establishment Republicans think this is a winning message of any kind, or that even their Trumpified base cares anymore.

It's the one thing I enjoy about the Trumpists gaining influence in the GOP, they give zero shits about Reaganomic crap (unfortunately we all know what they love instead).

"Shepherd money to me and my friends for boondoggles to own the libs" is basically the only conservative message these days outside of, yknow, the racism

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

This cartoon is maybe saying that the disclaimer before the Muppet Show is good or bad.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Willatron posted:

I'm 90% certain that by 2027, life in space will still be a claustrophobic, uncomfortable and somewhat terrifying experience ill suited for those who haven't been trained relentlessly to cope with it. But gently caress it, apparently Elon is going to make a frozen, airless desert with almost no sunlight livable by the next decade too.

If Musk somehow gets himself and some other rich guys to explode or freeze in space it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Just saying.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Alhazred posted:

This cartoon is maybe saying that the disclaimer before the Muppet Show is good or bad.

Schlubby elderly dude in front a TV usually = it's a conservative cartoon and you're supposed to identify with the rear end in a top hat

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I genuinely don't understand how people are taking this obvious tech grift project seriously.
Like the company that would produce most of the components is basically shutdown because of Covid.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is there a way I should be reading this that isn't super anti-Semitic?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

rodbeard posted:

Is there a way I should be reading this that isn't super anti-Semitic?
Are you claiming that the climate can't be controlled by the Jewish Space Lasers?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

By popular demand posted:

If Musk somehow gets himself and some other rich guys to explode or freeze in space it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Just saying.
Musk already thinks the world is a simulation, so it should not be that hard to convince him the space ship is actually fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skXaeucDYHo

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Muppets are hand puppets, not marionettes.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Alhazred posted:

Fool! Muppets use rods from the floor and hands up the body!

I mean you avoided a perfectly Oh no my butt cartoon staple!

Edit: Glad to see I am not the only one focusing on this stupid detail ^^

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alhazred posted:

Maybe it's just anti-television in general?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Grape posted:

They absolutely care, didn't you hear all the whining about giving Sri Lanka millions of dollars to fix a boat, or the millions of dollars given to gender studies in Pakistan in the first covid relief bill? SO MUCH PORK.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on French ex-president Nicolas Sarkozy's corruption conviction - French former president Nicolas Sarkozy has been sentenced to three years in jail, two of them suspended, for corruption"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak flags tax rises in budget as total Covid spending tops £400bn

Matt:

Independent:

Irish racehorse trainer pictured sitting on dead horse banned from racing in Britain pending an investigation

Times:

Johnson trying to set up charity that could fund Downing Street flat revamp

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the No10 makeover

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

What a loving idiot. Branco's unbridled ineptitude and stupidity make me feel like I'm going to cringe inside out through my own rear end in a top hat.
I'm sure Rall is worse, but who has the attention to spare for Rall's stupid bullshit? That's why God made scroll wheels.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

A brief summary of the historical rape allegation against the Attorney General, to give context to the cartoons:
- Yesterday Christian Porter, the Attorney General, revealed himself as the cabinet minister against which a historical rape allegation, allowing media to officially name him (unofficially everyone already knew, his name was trending on social media for days).
- Porter categorically denies the allegation, and while he will be on a few weeks medical leave also stressed he would not be standing down as attorney general. He also criticised being put on "trial by media".
- The woman who made the allegation took her own life last year, her friends sent a detailed letter of her statement to Scott Morrison and two senators.
- Because it is a historical rape allegation and the woman is deceased there will be no criminal justice, the NSW police have already closed the case because of "insufficient admissible evidence". Her friends are seeking political justice, as the question is whether Porter meets the standard for a cabinet minister.
- There is a call for an independent inquiry as the only way to resolve the matter. Porter spoke against the need for an inquiry as it is impossible to disprove something that did not happen.
- As of yesterday Scott Morrison said he is standing by his minister. He has not read the letter.

Pope:

Grace Tame, Australian of the Year and sexual abuse survivor and advocate, gave a Press Club talk yesterday:
Grace Tame Press Club address targets Scott Morrison's 'as a father' response to rape allegation (ABC)

Rowe:

Knight:

Linda Reynolds: Linda Reynolds does not deny reports she called Brittany Higgins a 'lying cow' (Guardian). "The Australian reported the defence minister made the comment after her former staffer’s rape allegation became public".

Warren Brown:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 4, 2021

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warren Brown:

It's true, both the Cat in the Hat and Mr Potato Head will still be available tomorrow!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warren Brown:

Just missing Kermit to form the "Not Actually Cancelled Trio."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warren Brown:

Goddamn it, Seuss is still going to be available, the free market has simply made the decision that it is a bad look to keep publishing incredibly racist caricatures. This is the exact loving world that the "cancel culture" morons wanted and now that they have it they're not happy?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Oh no, my butt gender!

(And yes, you absolutely apologize to Rockwell for using his work to peddle bigotry, rear end in a top hat.)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Somfin posted:

Goddamn it, Seuss is still going to be available, the free market has simply made the decision that it is a bad look to keep publishing incredibly racist caricatures. This is the exact loving world that the "cancel culture" morons wanted and now that they have it they're not happy?

"But they weren't supposed to cancel us!"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
They want state mandated historical book reprinting but only for extremely racist books

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pants Donkey posted:

Oh no, my butt gender!

(And yes, you absolutely apologize to Rockwell for using his work to peddle bigotry, rear end in a top hat.)

what’s going on with the perspective in this room? is the kid standing on the chair or...?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

yeah uh The Rall is spreading

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

what’s going on with the perspective in this room? is the kid standing on the chair or...?

Yeah. It's a parody of Norman Rockwell's Before the Shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pants Donkey posted:

Oh no, my butt gender!

drat I can't believe Rachel Levine is going to institute mandatory chemical castration for all boys.