Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

ah yeah that makes sense I guess

do these people get mad when a millionaire drives on a public road or uses a library?

listen, i don't my tax dollars paying to help put out the fire at Crassus's house.

that's why private fire services, with affordable access to government subsidized fire plans for the poor is the only reasonable solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
will a lot of people who need the checks not get them due to this cutoff? yes

but look at the lesser evil here: the lib vermin who make up the dem party, overwhelmingly white collar ghouls, will not get a dime either

be pragmatic you silly lefties

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

how much is 81k in california does that even cover rent

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

I already had 3 people text me saying they aren't gonna get the checks now lol. I'm sure it's just the few people I know though. No one else.

lol I'm not getting a check now

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite thing to do now is go on twitter and find people bashing Bernie for doing nothing, and then point out actually he blocked atrocious OMB nominee Neera Tanden.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

if i made that much i would definitely feel rich lol

If you are in bumfuck nowhere. If I made 80k a year I’d still think about getting a mortgage to buy a house, if I had a spouse and our combined earnings were 120+k then I’d consider actually owning a house.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dolphin posted:

My favorite thing to do now is go on twitter and find people bashing Bernie for doing nothing, and then point out actually he blocked atrocious OMB nominee Neera Tanden.

He didn't even block her lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

depending on where you're at in CA....kinda?

if you want to both comfortably live, work and commute within San Francisco (and not live in some run-down shared loft with 6 other people) you probably need to make at least $90k. median rent for a 1BR apartment in SF as of last year was $3500/mo. median rent for all homes in SF was $4300.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
$15/hr is barely a living wage for someone living in KS with no kids

Democrats can't even do that

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

$15/hr literally isn't a living wage in a lot of places in the US lol

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

He didn't even block her lol
Doesn't matter.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Remember when people were gleefully posting that "Joe Manchin cycle" graphic that had him pretending to object to a progressive proposal and then acquiescing to it?

Yeah, I'm laughing at those people right now.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

tmfc posted:

$15/hr literally isn't a living wage in a lot of places in the US lol

it needs to be fuckin $25 and i've been saying this for years to anyone who will listen (no one)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

docbeard posted:

What on Earth does the KHive think the point of Harris is if she doesn't use what power she has to accomplish good things?

To crush their posting enemies.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

you see, the threshold is not $0.00 so there is a keynesian argument for the means testing.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

a Loving Dog posted:

it needs to be fuckin $25 and i've been saying this for years to anyone who will listen (no one)

agreed, though actually gently caress min wage it should be UBI of at least 2k/mo or whatever the math indicates is best and then let the loving bosses try and pay nothing for service industry jobs

Morbus
May 18, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

Most places won't even approve you unless you can prove gross income at least 3x the monthly rent, so that would set a rent ceiling of $2250/mo. That's on the low end even in some of the "less expensive" areas that are at least within vaguely commutable distance to the bay.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I think our leaders are just enjoying getting back to thrill of negotiating with each other and having pages running around like before Trump ruined it, they don't even care about the actual amount of money handed out

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

agreed, though actually gently caress min wage it should be UBI of at least 2k/mo or whatever the math indicates is best and then let the loving bosses try and pay nothing for service industry jobs

Or we do both imo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1367167201032228865?s=19

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

yearly min wage assessment should be a loving amendment.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Trump is gone now, so come on guys

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Ultra Carp

Cerebral Bore posted:

lmao wasn't the campaign pitch from these jokers that electing biden would make things go back to normal and now they're whining about that happening?

:shrug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

uuuhhhhhhh

lib brain is a trip

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol talk about owned

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1367176383122731008

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pelosi: For me to poop on!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

mistermojo posted:

I think our leaders are just enjoying getting back to thrill of negotiating with each other and having pages running around like before Trump ruined it, they don't even care about the actual amount of money handed out

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Lib and let die posted:

Actually, it's a good thing that 3 million Americans won't get checks, specifically to appease Joe Manchin. This is the best possible outcome.

It's 12 million adults, and 4(?) million kids.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It only saves 12 billion dollars LOL. Basically nothing. Just pure political malpractice.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh no who will they get to be the czar of whatever now

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Ultra Carp

tmfc posted:

lmao the dems will never win another election. good lord

They don't want to. They made Jaime Harrison head of the DNC because he raised $100 million and lost a senate election.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It only saves 12 billion dollars LOL. Basically nothing. Just pure political malpractice.

very smart posters were trying to claim it makes the stimulus more effective because lower incomes spend more, as if it's somehow going to make x fixed sized units of stimulus > x + 12 million fixed sized units of stimulus

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

yeah we need more people for Senator Coalfucker, the most powerful man in america who i am assured cannot be budged or pressured in anyway, to say "no" to

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

They don't want to. They made Jaime Harrison head of the DNC because he raised $100 million and lost a senate election.

good point, it's pretty clear their only directive is to get more donor money at all costs. i think they were not anticipating or actually planning on winning GA lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
2022 lookin fuckin great what with the dems underdelivering on literally loving everything and being incredibly whiny and condescending the whole time

"cmon CHAMP you gotta vote CHIEF this is the most important election ever SLUGGER just remember you cant trust a single loving word i say PAL"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Ultra Carp

Thoguh posted:

I followed her on instagram for a couple of weeks after the Okay Boomer thing and it's just a standard twitch streamer/gamer girl thing, which is why I unfollowed her after those couple of weeks.

HORNY ON MAIN

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I have never watched that video and I never will

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Thoguh posted:

I followed her on instagram for a couple of weeks after the Okay Boomer thing and it's just a standard twitch streamer/gamer girl thing, which is why I unfollowed her after those couple of weeks.

Took you a couple of weeks to find out she had a boyfriend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
I still haven't watched or listened to Fight Song.