Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Uspol's answer to the"what if they lost their 80k job" was basically "who cares lol, they could just do their taxes early if they need it" or something like that

animist posted:

hmm would it be "people of means of color", "people of color of means", or "people of color/means"

The Democrat party policy is to call them "meaningful people of color".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/robertcaruso/status/1367317164911456261?s=19

They killed Me Too so now they need to kill BLM

Yes yes I know

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Shipon posted:

this is 100% bullshit and any factors that come from supposed educational effects cannot be disentangled from the material circumstances their parents live in. but the guy's mckinsey so they're used to making up complete bullshit because they're all nepotistic ivy league nitwits who get handed As for being upper class

lmao $60k in lifetime earnings. a comcast "service convenience fee fee surcharge" will cost you more

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
look fat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
82k in lost lifetime earnings, over 41 years, is 2k a year. an amount the government could easily make up.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
2k a year is 40 per week, or a dollar an hour for a full time worker. an amount easily covered by a minimum wage increase.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How much money does it count for if you bring the plague home from school and then a family member dies?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Plague isn't spread at school. Trust the science.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The issue with being against means-testing the stimulus chdxkz is that it seems strained to develop a situation where this is a problem for anybody. Like at some point, you have to game the system to come up with a set of parameters where this seriously harms someone, so specific that like the guy who claims that his wife has three jobs despite maxing out at least one 401(k) and an IRA, a $1400 check is make or break.

The issue is who gives a gently caress about whether it might be make or break or not.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

i keep thinking there needs to be a word for when you wake up hungover and have this slowly dawning dread of what you posted last night

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Did anyone post this yet?

https://twitter.com/brianthehuman/status/1366901593728163843

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol has ANYTHING changed for the better from Trump to Biden?

Has he given people ANY money?

Has he made serious steps to go back to the nuclear deal?

Has he made the house of saud accountable in any way?

Has he shut down the camps?

Has he raised the minimum wage?

Is he de-escalating anything worldwide?!

What was the point of voting for this twerp?!

He ended the state of emergency at the southern border and will not be sending any more federal troops down there. For what it's worth.

The official state of emergency that Trump had declared via presidential order.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

listen here kiddo

buddy

chief

CHAMP

bomb syria right loving now and murder them kids in the cagestransition centers because finally that loving FASCIST is out of office

SPORT

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shipon posted:

82 thousand dollars over 60 years is, loving nothing man

EDIT: Missing a loving year of Grade 6 or whatever useless make-social-indoctrination the school system is won't change anything. It's not like the kids are learning anything! All of these studies that supposedly point out that schools are correlated with education are missing the factor of their parents' class and that factor simply cannot be put apart based on how our schools are set up.

If people cared about learning loss this would be the moment to go to year round school instead of kowtowing to Big Summer Camp

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Today's news is freaking out about a supposed extremist attack on DC today. We have both sides fully into apocalyptic prophecies now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Is it dumb to say the national debt is just a running total of what the ultra wealthy have stolen from us?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

Is it dumb to say the national debt is just a running total of what the ultra wealthy have stolen from us?

Yes, because money is fake but their theft is real

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Joe Manchin walks into the room: Hey, Dems, stick your dick into the dick smashing machine, or else I won't vote for your bill.

Dems: lol OK.

Hey let's elect someone who won't force you to put your dick into the dick smashing machine.

Dems: Oh so you want 4 more years of Trump you fascist pig???

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

glad to know "science" is now a completely meaningless word

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Stringent posted:

i keep thinking there needs to be a word for when you wake up hungover and have this slowly dawning dread of what you posted last night

Depending on the frequency, the word may be Alcoholism

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

spacemang_spliff posted:

glad to know "science" is now a completely meaningless word

The CDC's position on schools is OPEN ER UP, so that's the science now

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Bernie's become a George Soros figure for blue maga

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Reality Protester posted:

2k a year is 40 per week, or a dollar an hour for a full time worker. an amount easily covered by a minimum wage increase.

Joe Biden not raising the minimum wage to $15 will cost students $660,920 over the same period.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nothus posted:

Today's news is freaking out about a supposed extremist attack on DC today. We have both sides fully into apocalyptic prophecies now.

Iowa had an attempted bombing at a polling place earlier this week for a single issue school board thing so I'd totally believe the chids are gonna try and start some Troubles

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

spacemang_spliff posted:

Joe Biden not raising the minimum wage to $15 will cost students $660,920 over the same period.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

PostNouveau posted:

The CDC's position on schools is OPEN ER UP, so that's the science now

the same cdc that said masks weren’t effective in order to “preserve them for frontline workers”?? huh weird

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

the same cdc that said masks weren’t effective in order to “preserve them for frontline workers”?? huh weird

/❗\

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thoguh posted:

Iowa had an attempted bombing at a polling place earlier this week for a single issue school board thing so I'd totally believe the chids are gonna try and start some Troubles

not that rando idiots don't exist but no the comparison to the jan 6th stuff people have been making is absurd, this stuff is an extremely narrow slice of Q that adopted sov-cit insanity about ~incorporated america~ nonsense to cope, unlike the 6th there haven't been tons of actual powerful people going "YEA LET'S gently caress EM UP" for weeks ahead of this. There's gonna be nothing and the dems know it but we need to pretend Jethro and his slack chat where he and his friends say 'if Nancy Pelosi tried to make my daughter trans and black I'd shoot her with my gun' is an actual violent threat to justify PATRIOT ACT: 2 poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

a Loving Dog posted:

Yeah it's almost like you can make scientists say whatever the gently caress you want them to by paying them or threatening their political jobs or whatever

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a Loving Dog posted:

I don't think you understand, they have lab coats

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

also in general eat a pile of poo poo for acting like someone who MAY have been making x amount of money at the time of taxes last year clearly must be living high on the hog now and not need it, you baby brain rear end motherfucker did you notice a lot of bad poo poo happened to everyone over the past year???

Don't worry bro. You can get it on taxes next year if you live to tell the tale, the system works!

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
Jan 6 was funny and good, gently caress the police

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

The democrats excluded 12 million people who got money last time for no real gain except their love of pointless means testing. 12 million people from income brackets that are more likely to vote. They had a choice between slamming their dick with a hammer and not slamming their dick with a hammer and decided to slam their dick with the hammer. The idea that they just *had* to slam their dick with a hammer is completely false

E: also lol I'm in the 'get money' bracket and would have been if it went down to $50k. My wife has a good job but covid ate mine

it owns

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

not that rando idiots don't exist but no the comparison to the jan 6th stuff people have been making is absurd, this stuff is an extremely narrow slice of Q that adopted sov-cit insanity about ~incorporated america~ nonsense to cope, unlike the 6th there haven't been tons of actual powerful people going "YEA LET'S gently caress EM UP" for weeks ahead of this. There's gonna be nothing and the dems know it but we need to pretend Jethro and his slack chat where he and his friends say 'if Nancy Pelosi tried to make my daughter trans and black I'd shoot her with my gun' is an actual violent threat to justify PATRIOT ACT: 2 poo poo.

and they’ll probably just use it to lock up antifa and minorities

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Forget about Bernie bros, let's give it up for the Tanden Tandems

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

a Loving Dog posted:

btw if you mention this to a liberal there's a 90% chance you get called an anti-vaxx trumper, despite arguing for more vaccinations for teachers lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The fact that the cops let them in the building in the first place has been completely buried by the media to help fuel the outrage over this nonsense. It's so absurd,

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so is someone gonna make this a smiley

very upset at the mods for closing down the cspam hotline which i continue to believe didnt actually exist

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i like how were reframing trump policies as originally obama policies now because it makes them sound less bad

cant wait for the headlines about biden extending obamas migrant children facilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/samjmintz/status/1367482025121308679?s=20