Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Ovechkin spearing Frederic owned really hard.

Ovi got the superstar benefit of the doubt too. 2 minutes for a chop like that is hilarious.

Don't forget the clip where Frederic dropped the gloves and Ovi has this "I don't even know who you are" face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ovechkin only drops the gloves like once every 4 years or so. Last time he did, the dude got loving wrecked and laid down on the ice.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

Don't forget the clip where Frederic dropped the gloves and Ovi has this "I don't even know who you are" face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOSdRMSG_k

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Ginette Reno posted:

Ovechkin spearing Frederic owned really hard.

I'm going to take a wild guess that Ovie only got 2 minutes for roughing on this.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
lol you can see ovie's stick flexing up against that guy's grundle

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol they fined Ovi $5,000 for it just now. He’d probably pay $50,000 for the ability to do it again.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Ovechkin only drops the gloves like once every 4 years or so. Last time he did, the dude got loving wrecked and laid down on the ice.

Ovechkin has supreme drunk-dad-at-little-league game vibes and strength

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Weaponized Autism posted:

I'm going to take a wild guess that Ovie only got 2 minutes for roughing on this.

lol no Ovie scores way too many goals and promotes the systematic murder of way too many Ukrainians for that.

They got matching 2s.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Speaking of Ovie, what's up with him this year? He's on a 30 goal pace (over 82 games). Just a slow start combined with his covid protocol thing or is he not his usual self?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Speaking of Ovie, what's up with him this year? He's on a 30 goal pace (over 82 games). Just a slow start combined with his covid protocol thing or is he not his usual self?
He is 35 and close to a point/game. There are worse fates

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Travel restrictions make getting Vlad's Secret Stuff boosters a lot more difficult than usual.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

ThinkTank posted:

The way the powerplay is being set up now is pushing down his PP goal scoring a lot. He's still heavily in the play and, weirdly, is just getting a lot of assists right now. Backstrom is the new goal scorer.

https://twitter.com/M_MiracleMan/status/1367158035081285637

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

He was on Covid lockdown and wasn’t himself for a couple games after that. It’s a down year for sure but these past few games have seen a return to form despite no goals. He’s pinged the bar a couple times. Is he winning the Rocket this year? Nope. But he should overtake Phil Esposito to move into sixth on the all time list in the next month or so.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

someone post a gif of the spear already

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Blichfield has a hearing for his hit on MacKinnon last night.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

someone post a gif of the spear already

DOPS: In this video you will see the Boston player blatantly try and break the Washington player's stick with his testicles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jEYmLncuQw

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

ThinkTank posted:

Shooting 10% vs 13-15 as well.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

The Flames highest ever draft pick, Sam Bennett, is a healthy scratch again tonight and why hasn't Burke offered Malkin for him yet?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

The Flames highest ever draft pick, Sam Bennett, is a healthy scratch again tonight and why hasn't Burke offered Malkin for him yet?

We will give you one (1) only Jake "Shotgun Jake" Virtanen for your unwanted Sam Bennett.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Misanthrope posted:

DOPS: In this video you will see the Boston player blatantly try and break the Washington player's stick with his testicles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jEYmLncuQw

Was Frederic upset at anything in particular or does he just instinctively cross-check any opposing player in range?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trent Frederic Navalny.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

i dunno why i find this so funny. look at that whip

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grack posted:

We will give you one (1) only Jake "Shotgun Jake" Virtanen for your unwanted Sam Bennett.

That trade makes perfect sense when you look at fit and cap hit, but in his eternal wisdom Benning structured Virtanen's contract so he's due $3.4m next year (somehow). There are ways around that given he's only subject to a 1/3 buyout, but it's a poison deal in a world where every team is penny pinching right now and the Canucks would have to throw in some sort of sweetener to get it done. Plus Aquilini would likely reject it because he'd have to shell out $800k more this year.

We live in a stupid, stupid world.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

grack posted:

If there's a guy in the NHL with a lower back tattoo.. my money is on Virtanen.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

eXXon posted:

Was Frederic upset at anything in particular or does he just instinctively cross-check any opposing player in range?

Whenever he gets owned (which is often) he does something lovely.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Whenever he gets owned (which is often) he does something lovely.

Yes that's called being a Bruin.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

eXXon posted:

He's the successor to the Marchand pest throne. He tried to drop the gloves with Ovechkin earlier in the game and Ovi was having none of it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ThinkTank posted:

Yes that's called being a Bruin.

Honestly I never really noticed it before the Rangers got out in a division with them. But yeah.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Misanthrope posted:

If there's a guy in the NHL with a lower back tattoo.. my money is on Virtanen.

You say this like this league doesn't have a Seguin in it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

eXXon posted:

He'd been a shitheel to Ovi the whole game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm4YDKojLKc

There was a third collision Frederic started but I couldn't find the clip. He deserved some kind of retaliation for his efforts.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah, I don't blame Ovie for not wanting to have to put on with some minor leaguer's poo poo the whole game. Dude's going into the hall and you have 2 career goals, he ain't gonna drip the gloves but he very well likely will give you a stick circumcision

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NHL N/V Infinity: I don't blame player I like for doing thing to player I don't like.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

NHL N/V Infinity: I don't blame player I like for doing thing to player I don't like.

Correct

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Actual NHL N/V Infinity: gently caress the Bruins

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's much funnier with the Caps because they have an Olympic cheater, Scott Stevens, Russian Goebbels, and the guy who tried to murder Max Pacioretty.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm having trouble keeping track here...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

It's more like player I am aware of and player who will be in Europe next season

I just have no respect for that "make your presence known" mentality from call-ups

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

NHL N/V March: The $5,000 nut shot

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Look, its just the way hockey is. For example, if Corey Perry gets boarded and loses all his teeth I will laugh.

Here's Ovechkin killing a poor kid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvMyYKrZLc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm not really number one Ovie fan over here but him spearing people does rule