Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Jen is Scott Morrison's wife, who he said told him to care about sexual assaults against staffers in parliament.

Wilcox:

Attorney general Christian Porter, who does not want an independent inquiry into the historical rape allegation against him.

Knight:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews. All states in Australia are in a state of emergency which allows them to enact things like mask laws and lockdowns, but Victoria does not have a mechanism to automatically extend it unless it passes through both houses. It always will as long as Andrews isn't asking for anything too outrageous, but every time we will get commentary like this.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Chinese diplomat Wang Xining claims being a friend of China is seen as a 'sin' in Australia, hits out at Australian media reporting (ABC) Wang said "Currently, the friends of China are given the nickname 'panda-hugger'. It used to be a word of appreciation but now it carries derogatory meanings. It seems that being friendly to China, to be a friend of China, has become a sin and mistake in Australia."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

The Seuss estate is going to cancel me? :confused:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ramirez is going to get cancelled by the Seuss estate for that non-transformative art plagiarism. Maybe have him juggling banned books or something?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Question because research. Where did the whole "Ted Rall is doing propaganda for the Russian Times" come from again? Like, were some of his strips commissioned by them or something else?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

stand up comedy apparently hasn't evolved since the early 80's.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Manuel Calavera posted:

Question because research. Where did the whole "Ted Rall is doing propaganda for the Russian Times" come from again? Like, were some of his strips commissioned by them or something else?

Some of his strips were published on RT. The working relationship there is not clear.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

Not the Russian Times:

Wikipedia posted:

Rall [..] writes and draws cartoons for Sputnik International, a news website platform established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya.

His page on their site, in case wikipedia isn't considered a trusted source.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak's budget and Boris Johnson's renovations - Chancellor Rishi Sunak today delivered his budget and Covid recovery plans. This week it was also reported Downing Street is trying to set up a charity that could cover the costs of the refurbishment of Boris Johnson’s flat"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Buckingham Palace to investigate bullying allegations against Meghan

Independent:

Times:

Rishi Sunak admits ‘I’m a total coke addict’ to two boys – then corrects himself
Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak’s ‘weird’ staircase photo became an instant meme

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Rishi Sunak's Covid budget

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Chinese diplomat Wang Xining claims being a friend of China is seen as a 'sin' in Australia, hits out at Australian media reporting (ABC) Wang said "Currently, the friends of China are given the nickname 'panda-hugger'. It used to be a word of appreciation but now it carries derogatory meanings. It seems that being friendly to China, to be a friend of China, has become a sin and mistake in Australia."

Proving the point.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Calling it now. The next outrage is gonna be about Lola Bunny no longer having giant titties.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i do think the new design is worse, but also, who cares

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Somfin posted:

They want state mandated historical book reprinting but only for extremely racist books

Something that occurred to me. "Cancel culture" is entirely an artifact of copyright changes. If we were still rolling on the 28 years or whatever it was, then all of this poo poo wouldn't matter because any rear end in a top hat with enough money could just reprint it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Don't do this.

Lodin posted:

Calling it now. The next outrage is gonna be about Lola Bunny no longer having giant titties.

Vox's Funny Animal/Furry Rule:
They can wear clothes, but their design shouldn't make them seem like they have to wear clothes.

Sally's Corollary:
If only female characters are wearing clothes or shirts, it's still problematic but in a different way.

Manuel Calavera posted:

RT scrubbed their Rall content, I think when Sputnik rebranded. Sputnik wipes material seemingly at random, but you can still see Rall archives on their facebook page, e.g.

He also appeared in RT programming and had an archive of columns. Nowadays he also sells columns to places like Rasmussen.

For a time it was a useful propaganda mapping tool because you could find other foreign outlets running Rall on RT's schedule.

(there was another left-jamming cartoonist who worked for RT, but I can't recall the name and he dropped out of visibility way faster, despite being much more artistically competent)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Uh. Don't do this??

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Throwing Turtles posted:

Something that occurred to me. "Cancel culture" is entirely an artifact of copyright changes. If we were still rolling on the 28 years or whatever it was, then all of this poo poo wouldn't matter because any rear end in a top hat with enough money could just reprint it.
They were complaining about Huckleberry Finn being cancelled, it's always about how it's no longer okay to be a bigot.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Lodin posted:

The pic on the left is fan art, so outrage over something that didn't really happen. So you know, quite likely.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lodin posted:

But is she still voiced by Kristen Wiig? I care way more about what she sounds like rather than what she looks like.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Vib Rib posted:

Uh. Don't do this??
OH?

*sadly returns honey-soaked plums to the refrigerator*

If only there was someone who could check to make sure they didn't put arsenic in my baby food.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Lodin posted:

Aaaand judging by my twitter feed it's already happening :catdrugs:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

By popular demand posted:

stand up comedy apparently hasn't evolved since the early 80's.
I’d make a Bill Hicks joke, but I get the feeling he’d be one of the people whining.

Would have given one hell of a Limbaugh eulogy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Seriously though what the gently caress why does Tinsley you can just feed a baby whatever and it's fine, this is so wildly irresponsible and he thinks it's good advice.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pants Donkey posted:

I’d make a Bill Hicks joke, but I get the feeling he’d be one of the people whining.

Would have given one hell of a Limbaugh eulogy.

Had he lived 50/50 he'd either grow incredibly bitter and unfunny or he'd get out and just become a normal guy.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I tried this with my spare ribs and now there's a lot of smoke in my house and I need a new blender.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Oh hold up guys, I gotta feed my baby. Lemme just take a slice of this pizza and stick it in the blender for a minute.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks Vox. https://archive.rall.com/main.php?g2_view=keyalbum.KeywordAlbum&g2_keyword=virus&g2_itemId=22900 somebody posted this one back last October, and a friend RT'd it so I came across it and just wanted some more backing for "I don't disagree with this specific strip. But Rall sucks fyi." And needed some sourcing.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0U7J6
e - god I forgot about My War With Brian.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 5, 2021

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Vib Rib posted:

Seriously though what the gently caress why does Tinsley you can just feed a baby whatever and it's fine, this is so wildly irresponsible and he thinks it's good advice.

He and all his friends who survived infancy turned out fine and they were fed this way, so what's the problem?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Thanks Vox. https://archive.rall.com/main.php?g2_view=keyalbum.KeywordAlbum&g2_keyword=virus&g2_itemId=22900 somebody posted this one back last October, and a friend RT'd it so I came across it and just wanted some more backing for "I don't disagree with this specific strip. But Rall sucks fyi." And needed some sourcing.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0U7J6
e - god I forgot about My War With Brian.

The "good" serves only as an onramp for the bad, because with Rall, we are the target.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Just out of curiosity, but could you take, say, apples or carrots and blend them to feed a baby instead of buying baby food? Honest question.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Randalor posted:

Just out of curiosity, but could you take, say, apples or carrots and blend them to feed a baby instead of buying baby food? Honest question.
There are definitely ways you can prepare safe and healthy pureed food for your baby, and it's not super complex, but "whatever you're eating is fine" is a million percent wrong and even ignoring nutritional needs (which you should never do for a baby!) there's a ton of stuff that's way more bad for babies even than it is for adults.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Discendo Vox posted:

(there was another left-jamming cartoonist who worked for RT, but I can't recall the name and he dropped out of visibility way faster, despite being much more artistically competent)

That would be Mike Flugennock. I'm too lazy to upload one of his cartoons to imgur so have a sampling from one of his tweets.

https://twitter.com/flugennock/status/1341886472941670400

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

When last I checked, baby food is subject to much more extensive regulatory scrutiny and tighter purity limits than other foods. I've not had the chance to dig into the house committee report, which appears to be validly sourced, but also, simultaneously, uses all the rhetorical tricks of fearmongering.

Twelve by Pies posted:

That would be Mike Flugennock. I'm too lazy to upload one of his cartoons to imgur so have a sampling from one of his tweets.

lol, second tweet on his account is quoting sputnik news. Again, it's not necessarily that Russia's stopped paying these people; they just don't advertise it anymore. If you find their garbage appealing, then, well, yes, that's the point. It's propaganda, and unlike the vast majority of the poo poo that's posted in this thread, you're the intended target.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 5, 2021

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Randalor posted:

I believe you could do carrots without any problem, as long as you used water or breastmilk/formula (babies have trouble digesting diary). You wouldn't want to add any sugar or salts to the mixture either. For early infants you want a thin puree that is easy for them to gum on.

The big things IIRC to avoid are honey (it can cause infant botulism) and nuts (for potential allergies).

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

When last I checked, baby food is subject to much more extensive regulatory scrutiny and tighter purity limits than other foods. I've not had the chance to dig into the house committee report, which appears to be validly sourced, but also, simultaneously, uses all the rhetorical tricks of fearmongering.

lol, second tweet on his account is quoting sputnik news. Again, it's not necessarily that Russia's stopped paying these people; they just don't advertise it anymore. If you find their garbage appealing, then, well, yes, that's the point. It's propaganda, and unlike the vast majority of the poo poo that's posted in this thread, you're the intended target.

Every cartoon in this thread is propaganda

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol this alone should get his strip dropped from every paper

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Twelve by Pies posted:

That last one kinda owns.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Joe Biden, Empathizer in Chief!

Ted Rall posted:

During his campaign Joe Biden made an implicit promise that he would be more empathetic and caring than his predecessor. Will that mean anything substantial? Not really.

First Dog on the Moon: Eight teenagers and a literal nun are taking on environment minister Sussan Ley

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Willatron posted:

I'm 90% certain that by 2027, life in space will still be a claustrophobic, uncomfortable and somewhat terrifying experience ill suited for those who haven't been trained relentlessly to cope with it.

How's that different from ordinary life for most people? Like even before corona.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

His Divine Shadow posted:

How's that different from ordinary life for most people? Like even before corona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

UZworm posted:

Aaaand judging by my twitter feed it's already happening :catdrugs:

I went to check Twitter and this one came up on my feed.

https://twitter.com/TrendanBrendan/status/1367557280363909122?s=19