Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

My doctor is adamantly against ER and XR versions of adderall because generic formulations can have very inconsistent dose delivery.

Well that explains a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

My doctor is adamantly against ER and XR versions of adderall because generic formulations can have very inconsistent dose delivery. I haven't complained because it makes sense and I want to get the right amount of drugs at the right time

OTOH, I've been taking XR generic Ritalin (methyl phenidate) for 20 years and haven't really noticed any dosage delivery issues. There's inconsistent dosage delivery issues with having to take a pill every four hours, too.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well that explains a lot

Yeah I had a great experience with the brand name Adderall XR but the generic is total garbage.

My insurance (for some reason) covered vyvanse but not brand name adderall so now I take that and it has been working pretty well. Not nearly as "peaky".

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

everdave posted:

Thanks all I am actively trying not to be on an opiate RX my research as an amateur tells me that is not the best path though of course it would make me feel better. I will ask about a different counselor and other med when I have my well visit. Not for me but the other people in my life. I would prefer zero medicine but I’ve done that for weeks hasn’t been awesome, not dangerous but not pleasant. I never even took a Tylenol unless I was sick bad.

Anyways I have been trying to post car pics awful app/Imgur keeps timing out

Opiates are pain meds, highly addictive, you won’t get prescribed these for depression.

Benzodiazepines are addictive, generally end in -pam, and are prescribed for anxiety and sleep disorders. Ativan and Xanax, for example.

SSRI is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and keeps more of the serotonin (hormone that makes you feel at ease) in your brain. Prozac is a common one.

Theres a bunch of other ones. I quit cold turkey in 2019 because the Abilify and Wellbutrin would cost me $900 a month after being kicked off my wife’s insurance.

Again none of these work well with alcohol. Some of the metabolites of ethanol are a reset button on depression treatment, some benzos even act on the same receptors and you can literally die.

Seeking help is awesome. Acknowledging you need help is a huge step. But please be honest with the doctor and follow their instructions to the letter.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

64bit_Dophins posted:

Yeah I had a great experience with the brand name Adderall XR but the generic is total garbage.

Now I'm wondering if I'll do better on actual Adderall. This generic poo poo is inconsistent as hell, good to know it can be better I guess, but now I have to find another neurologist, because the one I had could only work with me until the accident case was settled. And since the VA won't let me have any controlled substances because I use medical marijuana, I'm gonna have to pay out the rear end to see a civilian doc just to get some more adderall and I'm wondering if all that is even worth it.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

everdave posted:

Thanks all I am actively trying not to be on an opiate RX my research as an amateur tells me that is not the best path though of course it would make me feel better. I will ask about a different counselor and other med when I have my well visit. Not for me but the other people in my life. I would prefer zero medicine but I’ve done that for weeks hasn’t been awesome, not dangerous but not pleasant. I never even took a Tylenol unless I was sick bad.

Anyways I have been trying to post car pics awful app/Imgur keeps timing out

Effexor, and most other SSNRI's are great for depression, anxiety, and nerve pain, if that's a bit more up your alley

Deteriorata posted:

OTOH, I've been taking XR generic Ritalin (methyl phenidate) for 20 years and haven't really noticed any dosage delivery issues. There's inconsistent dosage delivery issues with having to take a pill every four hours, too.

Yeah, but those dose inconsistencies are basically meal breaks, it's so hard to actually eat on adderall

Now I'm wondering if I'll do better on actual Adderall. This generic poo poo is inconsistent as hell, good to know it can be better I guess, but now I have to find another neurologist, because the one I had could only work with me until the accident case was settled. And since the VA won't let me have any controlled substances because I use medical marijuana, I'm gonna have to pay out the rear end to see a civilian doc just to get some more adderall and I'm wondering if all that is even worth it.

A good psychiatrist eventually pays for themselves, but yeah, visits are like $200 out of pocket and finding openings for new adult patients with ADHD is not the easiest

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 5, 2021

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I take 5-10mg melatonin most nights, but if I can tell it's going to be an especially rough night I have zopiclone which works quite well.

Also, I discovered by coincidence from vertigo a gravol seems to work decently too.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I take 1-4 standard servings of ethanol qhs prn and it does wonders

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

everdave posted:

Not on anything whatsoever at the moment had Librium but a tiny dose 10mg when he recommended 50. Haven’t had that in quite a while. He has said klonopin but I don’t want to get addicted to an opiate. Appreciate the advice maybe a different doctor or medicine and counselor the way to go. No goon in a well here, I want to be happy again

Klonopin is a benzo, same class as Librium**, Valium, Xanax, etc - it has a moderate half life**

50mg of Librium is an elephant dose that's generally only used for the first couple of days of severe alcohol withdrawal. You'd be out for at least 24 hours with that, even if you're using it to treat alcohol w/d.

* Source: been through detox with Librium, did nothing but sleep for the first few days (which started at 50mg).

** Librium itself is a benzo, though it metabolizes into two others, IIRC. It's pretty strong on its own, and the metabolites are why it seems to last so long. Once you factor those in, it has one of the longest half lives out of any common benzo. Klonopin sticks around for a hot minute too.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 5, 2021

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Plumbers destroyed my back yard putting in the new drain pipe yay

Spent all day trying to put back pieces of sod in and I'm pretty sure it's all gonna die anyway, I'm covered with dirt and my back hurts, I just need to hire people to do poo poo but it's so hard. I want to do poo poo myself but I physically can't anymore and it's hard to find good people to do it.

Maybe i should just move into a drat condo :v:

at least they did it at a good time.
toss down a little topsoil and seed now, but save some seed for a few weeks from now when it warms up again.

I just picked up 2 bags of grass seed from costco even though my yard will almost certainly recover well (it barely even turned brown) and I plan to fertilize before the end of April.

Back chat: just chiming in to say that yup. My back is hosed too. It's been on/off bad pain for years but this last 2 months has just been <literally cannot sleep> pain that I can't seem to work out or drink or tylenol/motrin away.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i sleep easily due to my untroubled child like conscience

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

at least they did it at a good time.
toss down a little topsoil and seed now, but save some seed for a few weeks from now when it warms up again.

I'm in Florida, seed doesn't work here :v:

Thinking about getting rid of the grass all together and just doing a xeriscape with pavers tbh.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i sleep easily due to my untroubled child like conscience

Yeah I sleep pretty good too unless I'm drinking coffee too late into the evening, 4 pm is usually my coffee cutoff time or I won't sleep :v:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Does good for falling asleep, but when I do that the quality absolutely plummets. After the first few hours not restful, lots of tossing and turning.

Had a few beers last night for the first time in ages and started waking up at 3:30, only dozed from there :(

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I was going to say to use Good RX but they no longer write prescriptions for controlled substances :(

This relationship stuff is stressing me out. I talked to a few of my married friends and they told me that I should just give it some space so I'm not going to do anything rash like breaking up with her right away.

I'm going to just try to put this out of my mind completely and focus on asking for a raise during my performance review next Monday and the trip I have planned to Austin Texas right after.

What's fun to do in Austin Texas these days with Corona? I'm really just visiting some close friends but I'd like to see some stuff too lol.

My friend in Wisconsin offered to sell me his Conquest TSI for $3500. Drive train is fine but there is rust. I'm not in a position to take on a project car at the moment (mostly because it's pretty hard to work on cars when you live in an Apartment lol). Still it's really tempting - I've always wanted a conquest and I understand that stock ones are pretty rare at this point. Plus the price is so low it's like why not?

The conquest in question.

It has the digital dash too :)

CerealKilla420 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 5, 2021

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

64bit_Dophins posted:

What's fun to do in Austin Texas these days with Corona? I'm really just visiting some close friends but I'd like to see some stuff too lol.

Drinking at breweries with social distancing patios. Going outside and hiking because it's 70F. Driving around downtown and laughing at all the Chuds in super spreader tiny restaurants at full capacity.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Mustache Ride posted:

Drinking at breweries with social distancing patios. Going outside and hiking because it's 70F. Driving around downtown and laughing at all the Chuds in super spreader tiny restaurants at full capacity.

I'm sober but hikes sound like a lot of fun.

I was thinking about renting a ridiculous car on Turo or something but last time I was in Austin I barely touched my rental.

https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/united-states/austin-tx/bmw/i-8/859226?searchId=yk5Ypq0F

Still this looks like it would be fun. I've wanted to drive an i8 for awhile now.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, hey, there's a Hot Wheels Legends pack for Forza Horizon 4, featuring 6 of the cars that one the 2019 Legends Tour local events. Guess I will start playing that, now. No reason not to (I get the base game free with Game Pass,) other than I haven't finished FH3 yet...
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/f...vot:overviewtab

64bit_Dophins posted:

Will contribute to the psych med discussion tomorrow. I too have some bad brains and have a lot of experience.

Right now though, I'm pretty depressed. That girl I'm dating that I complained about earlier in the thread just canceled on me at the last second again.

I'm really depressed honestly. But I do feel a little bit relieved because at least now I know she does not respect my time. This has been causing me too much grief and I have decided that I'm going to just end it.

Man, sorry to hear that, but, yeah, if you're not happy together, what's the point?

quote:

On the plus side I'm flying to Austin Texas next Wednesday to visit with some friends. At least I have that to look forward to...

Oh, just in time for the lifted mask mandate!
Welcome to your infection!

64bit_Dophins posted:

My friend in Wisconsin offered to sell me his Conquest TSI for $3500. Drive train is fine but there is rust. I'm not in a position to take on a project car at the moment (mostly because it's pretty hard to work on cars when you live in an Apartment lol). Still it's really tempting - I've always wanted a conquest and I understand that stock ones are pretty rare at this point. Plus the price is so low it's like why not?

The conquest in question.

It has the digital dash too :)

I'd have to really think about that one, and probably pass. No widebody pretty much kills it for me.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
that dash is money though

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Man, sorry to hear that, but, yeah, if you're not happy together, what's the point?

That was my initial reaction too. There's enough red flags from either side here to easily justify walking away - not that walking away from a relationship early on like this requires any real justification.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

64bit_Dophins posted:

Do you happen to have a motorcycle license? Last time I was there visiting a friend, I rented a bike and we spent a day riding all through the "Hill" Country stopping at BBQ joints. It was fantastic.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Last night at Lowes I saw a guy and his girlfriend load up a cart of tools and just casually walk out. He briskly walked thru the lot and they loaded it into their Subaru shitbox while an employee watched from the door. I also kept my distance.

I'm not surprised at the event, but I am shocked that it's the second walk out tool robbery I've witnessed in the past year.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Good for the employee. I am 100% sure he doesn't get paid anywhere near enough to give the slightest gently caress about it.

When I was ~17 I helped stop an armed robbery of the store next door to the one I worked in, and holy poo poo, looking back on that a couple decades later, that was not the wise path.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krakkles posted:

Good for the employee. I am 100% sure he doesn't get paid anywhere near enough to give the slightest gently caress about it.

When I was ~17 I helped stop an armed robbery of the store next door to the one I worked in, and holy poo poo, looking back on that a couple decades later, that was not the wise path.

In 2000 it was Borders store policy that employees were to chase shoplifters and recover stolen merch. Until an employee somewhere got stabbed and they quietly changed the policy.

Anyways, I doubt anyone remembers my dental issues from years ago (extreme pain at random times, finally my parents paid for my mouth to be fixed and the dentist did a hack job) but I made an appointment to see an extremely well review dentist after having insurance for nearly 3 years. I'm in pain again and can't mitigate it with toothache cream any longer.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I'd imagine employees are told to take down plate numbers and get a good description of any thieves. I'd say they have video cameras covering the lot but I can't remember seeing any at my local last time I was there but I wasn't looking for them. Company that large they've got loss prevention who was probably on the phone with police before the guy left the parking lot.

Question for any of our international people in UK or anywhere else in Europe I guess. What big online parts providers do you use and trust? Running into all sorts of issues sourcing an alternator for the Fiat 126 because it wasn't sold here and it's a very unique design. Autodoc.co.uk has them in stock at reasonable prices, not great shipping prices but oh well. I'm down a rabbit hole right now trying to figure out if the diode pack is used in any other units that might be easier to source.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Krakkles posted:

When I did security there were lots of fights at the bar, and i would just call the cops, stand there and watch.

People would scream at me to stop the fight. Lol gently caress you I don't get paid enough to get in the middle of a drunken fight, you stop the fight :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

When I did security there were lots of fights at the bar, and i would just call the cops, stand there and watch.

People would scream at me to stop the fight. Lol gently caress you I don't get paid enough to get in the middle of a drunken fight, you stop the fight :v:

This is 100% why I finally quit that gig. I got my bell rang and said gently caress this poo poo.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm not in the UK but you could try aspwholesale.com, they're my usual go to. That's a weird alt though. Is there any chance you can adapt something else with a similar field and warning lamp interface?

Edit: the fact that it's got a mounting pedestal cast into it is extremely odd. :wtf:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This is 100% why I finally quit that gig. I got my bell rang and said gently caress this poo poo.

You were a bouncer, right? So you're pretty much expected to break up fights and get physical with people. I don't know how much you were getting paid but yeah gently caress that poo poo it's not worth it.

I used to tell people all the time that would give me poo poo, I'm not a loving bouncer, I don't put my hands on anyone that's what the cops get paid to do.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'd imagine employees are told to take down plate numbers and get a good description of any thieves. I'd say they have video cameras covering the lot but I can't remember seeing any at my local last time I was there but I wasn't looking for them. Company that large they've got loss prevention who was probably on the phone with police before the guy left the parking lot

You know that does connect the dots for me, the other Lowes I go to added mobile tower security cameras in the lot last year. They must have been getting hit hard.

Also now I think the security poo poo they put on the packaging is just a pain for everyone and not effective. There can't be many potential theives who change their mind at that.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

kastein posted:

I'm not in the UK but you could try aspwholesale.com, they're my usual go to. That's a weird alt though. Is there any chance you can adapt something else with a similar field and warning lamp interface?

Edit: the fact that it's got a mounting pedestal cast into it is extremely odd. :wtf:

Not only is the mounting pedestal part of it a shaft goes out the back to drive the fan. Local alternator rebuild guru looked at it then just shook his head "loving Italians". I'm fairly sure it's a bad diode pack which should be a lot cheaper to ship over seas.

I'll check out that site, thanks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You were a bouncer, right? So you're pretty much expected to break up fights and get physical with people. I don't know how much you were getting paid but yeah gently caress that poo poo it's not worth it.

I used to tell people all the time that would give me poo poo, I'm not a loving bouncer, I don't put my hands on anyone that's what the cops get paid to do.

Yeah, i took a stint in the kitchen and should have stayed there. I don't even remember the fight being that bad, I just broke up to guys screaming at each other and when I turned back around the other guy hit me just right and I was on my rear end. This only happened because the owner decided to be a cheap gently caress and fired the off duty cop who normally worked there with me.

That job also made me fat, unlimited wings and people buying you drinks all the time = 50 pounds heavier after the 9ish years i worked there.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
REI had a strict no-chase policy for employees, but sometimes the customers would chase the shoplifters. They didn't pay me enough to risk getting hurt.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I used to work at a lowes and they explicitly tell you not to follow or block shoplifters, not even to write plate numbers down. Ask em for the receipt and if they leave anyway, report it to loss prevention.

No way in hell am I playing cop for $8/hr and no benefits.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've already started in on the "someone else's theft is not your problem" discussions with my kid.

A few weeks ago here in AZ, an Ace Hardware employee was chasing a shoplifter out into the parking lot. The employee got shot... by a customer trying to play hero.

Absolutely none of this poo poo is worth putting yourself at any risk.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

IOwnCalculus posted:

I've already started in on the "someone else's theft is not your problem" discussions with my kid.

A few weeks ago here in AZ, an Ace Hardware employee was chasing a shoplifter out into the parking lot. The employee got shot... by a customer trying to play hero.

Absolutely none of this poo poo is worth putting yourself at any risk.

That's horrible. The cart man came out the door right after me and I kept my distance and let him get as far away as I could. I didn't want his small burglary to turn into GTA.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

goatse guy posted:

REI had a strict no-chase policy for employees, but sometimes the customers would chase the shoplifters. They didn't pay me enough to risk getting hurt.
Hah! Which one did you work at?

The store I worked at in my last post was the REI in Manhattan Beach, CA. They definitely didn't have that policy then, and nothing came of the incident. I wonder when they added it (and what happened).

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

StormDrain posted:

That's horrible. The cart man came out the door right after me and I kept my distance and let him get as far away as I could. I didn't want his small burglary to turn into GTA.

Employee was shot in the knee, but I'm sure that's still "life altering" at the very least. The "good Samaritan" got arrested for the shooting.

The shoplifters? Long gone with their loot. Everybody else loses.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'd imagine employees are told to take down plate numbers and get a good description of any thieves. I'd say they have video cameras covering the lot but I can't remember seeing any at my local last time I was there but I wasn't looking for them. Company that large they've got loss prevention who was probably on the phone with police before the guy left the parking lot.

Question for any of our international people in UK or anywhere else in Europe I guess. What big online parts providers do you use and trust? Running into all sorts of issues sourcing an alternator for the Fiat 126 because it wasn't sold here and it's a very unique design. Autodoc.co.uk has them in stock at reasonable prices, not great shipping prices but oh well. I'm down a rabbit hole right now trying to figure out if the diode pack is used in any other units that might be easier to source.

In the UK for new parts I use:

https://www.eurocarparts.com
https://www.gsfcarparts.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Not only is the mounting pedestal part of it a shaft goes out the back to drive the fan. Local alternator rebuild guru looked at it then just shook his head "loving Italians". I'm fairly sure it's a bad diode pack which should be a lot cheaper to ship over seas.

I'll check out that site, thanks.

What in the poo poo? Seriously?

That's like the third dumbest idea I've heard this year and I've spent multiple hours reading about qanon.

Worst case if you don't care about it being a perfect restoration you could build your own external diode pack after mapping out the factory one and connect it to the stator wiring. There's nothing magical about them, just 6-12 beefy rectifier diodes pressed or soldered to a copper plate or two for convenience of assembly. Make sure you get the polarity right (sometimes half are cathode case and half are anode case for packaging and assembly reasons) and have a high enough PIV rating (even 50V should be enough) and forward current and you're good to go.