Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hang onyourself, help is on its waynever coming

edit: little river band snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

cw: sh*e

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1367958778172366848

yes, saying that Sinema's criticism is deserved is basically rape

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also less UI money

Also adult dependents are getting just the $1400 (they weren't eligible for the $600 because ?), so even the twitter/D&D "600+1400=2000" bullshit is finally blown to bits

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Shipon posted:

I have to say a lot of my friends who were like "Vote Biden even though he sucks" are expressing their anger openly at this poo poo so I really do think people are sort of fed up with this poo poo more and more

just wait till the ACA mandate penalty is reinstated, lol.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

*Restrictions apply

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1367959491300515845?s=20

hahaha

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'm actually a little glad that Sinema so blatantly flipped off the entire country. Normally, Democrats can hide behind some smokescreen of "hopes and prayers". It's refreshing to see her just completely poo poo all over what her party pretends to care about. I have no doubt that there is a small slice of the population that both supports the democrat party and would have been helped by that bump to the minimum wage.

Imagine, you are a Georgia senate voter promised $2000 out the door, day one. The democrats hand-wave "too bad, so sad" about the Republicans killing it. Ok, poo poo happens. That 2k would have really been helpful but those darn Reps. Argggh!!

Then, you see this other bill that would permanently increased your wages (perhaps by double, as Georgia has a 7.25 minimum right now) and 6 of the assholes who are supposed to be your side poo poo all over it. One even has the balls to do a little dance as she drives you further into debt. You have nowhere to run. The Reps flat-out don't want you to have more money, and it's now become obvious that democrat party doesn't either.

It's far healthier than living under the illusion that any elected official will help.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

does anyone believe for even a loving second these corporations are never gonna donate to the gop again because lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This person has me pre-blocked, so I had to go incognito to see how dumb this reaction gif was and was not disappointed

https://twitter.com/PeachyInNJ/status/1367952863150940161

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
I'm voting for Trump in every race in 2022, and President in 2024. I want America to become a Fascist Dictatorship, and I want to be the first person executed in the purges. JFC

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

spacemang_spliff posted:

these loving people deserve another 4 years of trump

I never vote for Republicans but if he runs again I may actually vote R for the first time just for the meltdowns that would ensue. gently caress it, the policies are the same and at least Trump was entertaining.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*standing against the wall and lean over to the person next to me*
heh, would you look at that firing squad. most diverse i've ever seen!

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

tiberion02 posted:

I'm voting for Trump in every race in 2022, and President in 2024. I want America to become a Fascist Dictatorship, and I want to be the first person executed in the purges. JFC

now that's a crack ping

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sinema was :actually: trying to vote to preserve the bill, because the "thumb down" was used to signal mercy

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Crazypoops posted:

I feel more normal watching that movie than interacting with my reality

John Carpenter is truly the Reality Understander.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Wandering Fredo

An early draft of the Lord of the Rings?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If I tweeted hatefully about Coons these people would screen cap me for being racist

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

cw: sh*e

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1367958778172366848

yes, saying that Sinema's criticism is deserved is basically rape

lmao libs

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Organ Fiend posted:

lol the billboards say work 8 hrs like you mean more than

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

If I tweeted hatefully about Coons these people would screen cap me for being racist

this man is an op because every time i read his tweets or any one of these other PMC black people who went to expensive liberal arts colleges i feel myself feeling a little more racist every single time

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Reported this post for doxxing/helldumping

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Shipon posted:

this man is an op because every time i read his tweets or any one of these other PMC black people who went to expensive liberal arts colleges i feel myself feeling a little more racist every single time

you should try becoming classist, instead

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Here's the c-span version of the video in case anyone runs into people claiming it's from a different day or vote

https://i.imgur.com/hF5OnKC.mp4

lol this is more grotesque than the weaselly republicans

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
mcmagic is right in that having a procedural vote to put the minimum wage on the bill is a waste of time because once it fails Bernie and the House progressives will vote for the full bill anyway

They need to be willing to kill the whole bill if they're going to extract leverage

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

just wait till the ACA mandate penalty is reinstated, lol.

I'm gonna protest on the capitol steps for immediate reenactment and implementation of the cadillac tax

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lol at the squad and sanders refusing to use their leverage, when the democrats lose congress in 2022 the “progressives” will be blamed regardless. cooperating with centrists for nothing in return

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

a Loving Dog posted:

you should try becoming classist, instead

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
i found out that in my state you can fully unregister to vote, so i think ill do that

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

the 2016 lover posted:

it appears that not a single individual person in the United States will receive more stimulus funds under Biden than they did under Trump. same UI extension. less stimulus check money with slightly more means testing. never vote

Nah gently caress that, vote trump. I'm a trumper now everybody. Come on in the waters fine

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I like that "EVERYONE MAD AT SINEMA IS SEXIST" ignores that Shaheen and Hassan also voted no and aren't drawing any more ire than the other shitters. I guess the libs think they aren't women for some reason?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

The Pussy Boss posted:

There's people in this country who work 40 hours a week, every week and make $14,500 a year before taxes

loving despicable

beginning to feel like this might be a feature and not a bug

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

Populon posted:

Nah gently caress that, vote trump. I'm a trumper now everybody. Come on in the waters fine

heh, believing in electoralism much?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They're leaping to her defense because she functions as their mental stand-in, like with hillary and warren.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Organ Fiend posted:

this but some of the signs say "vote"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The hatred of Sinema is biphobia

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
I'm cancelling my voter registration

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Here's the c-span version of the video in case anyone runs into people claiming it's from a different day or vote

https://i.imgur.com/hF5OnKC.mp4

tee hee hee working hard, thank you!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Who are the compromising with????
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1367975785034813445?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WHY ARE YOU COMPROMISING

YOU HAVE A MAJORITY IN EVERYTHING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

sinema being a sassy girlboss about voting for poverty is enraging but tbh i prefer that to pretending she gives a poo poo and receiving any benefit of the doubt

like im not gonna get my hopes up until there’s more of a response from people than gnashing teeth online but i’ll still take whatever democrats can do to make more people generally loathe them and realize this 4 years won’t be an improvement just because Orangeman gone

misadventurous has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Mar 6, 2021