Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

blight rhino posted:

Wait, "bud" is off limits now?

No, they said they "personally specifically dislike" it. I use "bud" sometimes and racist people on the internet also using it isn't going to stop me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it takes a silver tongue to use "bud" and not have it come across as condescending

edit: unless you're canadian I guess

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 13, 2021

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

hawowanlawow posted:

it takes a silver tongue to use "bud" and not have it come across as condescending

edit: unless you're canadian I guess

sure thing bud

sincerely

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you absolute bud

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

You all heard it, the word "bud" has been CANCELLED! is there no depths the LIBERALS won't sink? Is nothing sacred? - tucker carlson, tomorrow

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You guys can just give all the bud to me.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The word "bud" is, in my addled brain, forever linked with:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Gonna smoke a bud('s dick because he's my bud bro)

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
According to this genealogy book one of my ancestors from europe turned into a fuckin cockroach lol

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Lot of repetition of the old Bud Libel in this thread.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Carthag Tuek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSNodFSAfE

super badass cool people being gently ribbed with a happy upbeat song is a kind of schadenfreude imo

lol I don't think there was any danger of cybergoths being mistaken for super badass cool people

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aag3tAoQs-E

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

My favourite detail in Torque is that they tried to do all these really cool cartoonishly distorted forced perspective shots but couldn't. So they just made the props cartoonishly distorted and did normal shots.

This is a car key.

Wait so that’s a huge rear end prop a la Top Secret gags? Lmfao

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Saying "bud" triggers memories for me of the heartbreaking ending to Citizen Kane

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I like that australia was made up of shipped off criminals and the US was situationally imposed exile but australia is somehow doing a lot better in most ways

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/HumansNoContext/status/1359781883677138944

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/l3ociVc.mp4

e:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 13, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bismuth posted:

I like that australia was made up of shipped off criminals and the US was situationally imposed exile but australia is somehow doing a lot better in most ways

We got the criminals, you got the religious nutters.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

We got the criminals, you got the religious nutters.

https://files.catbox.moe/fdkdc1.mp4

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I had a teenager call me champ when I was buying groceries the other day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Butterfly Valley posted:

lol I don't think there was any danger of cybergoths being mistaken for super badass cool people

being a super badass cool person is a state of mind, namaste

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Beartaco posted:

nice dick, champ

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Before anyone complains about genealogy chat I want to point out that most of these stories of bad things happening to ancestors is still pretty on-topic and would be happy to hear more.

Thanks for saying so. I have a couple ancestor stories but they're pretty grim, more in the "all schaden, no freude" territory. One who was lost in the Arctic in the 1910s, and another who had to hang a bunch of his comrades after they lost a short civil war and was ostracized by his wife, children and village.

Jabberlock posted:

Saying "bud" triggers memories for me of the heartbreaking ending to Citizen Kane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

KingSlime posted:

Older Hispanics are horribly obsessed with proving some sort of European ancestry and will bend over backwards to deny any and all Indian blood so it's definitely not just a white folk thing. Moving to Central Texas though lol ppl really do say they are part cherokee ahahaha

FYI "part Cherokee" almost always means "part black but the family is too racist to come to terms with it."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Beartaco posted:

I was going through a drive through at Raising Cane's and they had people outside taking orders because it was so busy. I rolled down my window and just the worst techno bubble gum poo poo was playing. I sarcastically asked "Do you choose the music they play out there" with a smirk...without missing a beat he said "do you choose the music you play in there?", an obvious diss against me blastin' Taylor Swift.

Goddamn teenagers.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Grem posted:

I was going through a drive through at Raising Cane's and they had people outside taking orders because it was so busy. I rolled down my window and just the worst techno bubble gum poo poo was playing. I sarcastically asked "Do you choose the music they play out there" with a smirk...without missing a beat he said "do you choose the music you play in there?", an obvious diss against me blastin' Taylor Swift.

Goddamn teenagers.

The schadenfreude is on me not being anywhere near a Raising Cane’s drive through these days. :sigh:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ralph Hurley posted:

I thought you were supposed to let your flaming shot burn for a few seconds, put it out, then shoot it, not try to drink the fire and burn your eyeballs. I guess I’m not hardcore.

But but... they told me you were hardcore :(

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Wow! That's a pretty impressive jump. How the heck do you remove a car from the roof of a building? Just shove it off the side?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Takes No Damage posted:

But but... they told me you were hardcore :(

nobody can tell you they are hardcore except for themselves

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm hardcore, though there be no evidence as such

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mozi posted:

i'm hardcore, though there be no evidence as such

you are hardcore in my heart

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Wow! That's a pretty impressive jump. How the heck do you remove a car from the roof of a building? Just shove it off the side?

At that point and height, probably a crane and they would stick the driver with the cost.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Carthag Tuek posted:

sure thing bud

sincerely

don’t call me bud, pal

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Azathoth Prime posted:

don’t call me bud, pal

Don't call me pal, mate

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/MKvEXky.mp4

Props to the dude for landing it, but spending a little more time on his props should be his next move.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

One of my ancestors was a foundling, and so the rumour went that they were secretly a illegitimate member of one of the Italian royal families.

So almost certainly they were a child of a prostitute and their john.

I don't want to go check because frankly, I don't care.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

2 of my great uncles died in submarine battles (one was named Adolf, the other Hermann) and it's statistically certain that a good amount of my ancestors supported the Nazis. Nobody knows of anybody specific of course. My one grandfather survived Russian War prison for 3 years and saw 9/10 of his fellow prisoners die. The other was a patriarchic domestic abuser and died of a heart attack at 65. Gee this is fun! Genealogy is not a popular hobby here for some reason.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I know next to nothing of my genealogy other than my great-grandmother claiming we (a family in Texas) were directly descended from the Black Prince of Wales, and also that I supposedly have a relative who was on the Titanic. On which side of the family and whether they were one of the survivors, I do not know.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

my great-grandmother claiming we (a family in Texas) were directly descended from the Black Prince of Wales

Galveston, TX nearly eclipsed Ellis Island in NYC for most immigrants arriving annually for about a decade, right up until that pair of hurricanes pretty much wiped it off the map. A lot of them were german, but if you wanted land after 1870 you had to boat to galveston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kenning posted:

FYI "part Cherokee" almost always means "part black but the family is too racist to come to terms with it."

Or the family is otherwise fine with it but for generations they were worried their neighbors weren't and it was more acceptable socially to be part-first nations than to be part-black.

And to be frank, seeing how bad Harry and Meghan got it a lot of families were right to be worried.