Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What mechanics? I don't know beastmen at all

gently caress if I know, maybe they gain favor with the individual gods and can unlock new units, RoRs, or summons that way? The point is that waiting for 3 gives a lot more options specifically for the races that are overtly Chaos-aligned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wulf
May 8, 2008
As far as elves go, I would also like grombrindal to be in a better spot to use his damage bonus against them.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

like you could make the argument it could be beastmaster vs beastmen but rakarth is the flc. Which afaik are an aside to the actual dlc content

either way from what I've seen the DLC content have mostly been narratively based opposites. Neferata stole Silver Pinnacle from the Dawi and they tend to hold grudges

How does that conflict relate to the Vortex map though? I'd be totally happy with Dwarfs vs Vampires since I don't particularly care about Beastmen and am okay with waiting for their rework even if it's super overdue, but it would be pretty weird to have a big grudge conflict about something so far away. I still feel like she makes more sense for WH3 unless her campaign specifically has something to do with Khalida.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Honestly, I would just give beastmen the ability to hold territory, thematics be damned!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
simple, Khalida and her have the biggest of grudges :v:

Throt doesn't start in Hellpit on Vortex yet still has a conflict with Sisters. So I don't think they are adverse to bending the rules for vortex map

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
At this stage of WH2's life I think the Vortex map is kind of a second thought, even for CA.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

orangelex44 posted:

At this stage of WH2's life I think the Vortex map is kind of a second thought, even for CA.

Which is a shame because the non old world continents are so much better on it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah Lustria really suffers and why tf did we need a giant Norsca?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

queeb posted:

man the new wood elves are fun, just confederating tons of forests, not giving a gently caress who im warring wth, just get outta my forest. obliterating everything with like 15 archer stacks. also i got the insane caster you get when doing yoru first forest rebirth thing and my god shes a machine.

sisters of twilight are insane as a LL as well, just a flying mobile artillery piece, and they seem to shoot from the back while their dragon is in melee which i think is hilarious.

Yeah the wood elves with all the DLC stuff is super fun and easily one of the most powerful armies as well

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah Lustria really suffers and why tf did we need a giant Norsca?

I'm still holding out hope the game 3 combined map reworks the proportions of some of the landmasses.

Also I can only speak for myself, but (wrongly) speculating can be fun from time to time, especially as you get into those post-content months where the game stagnates.

edit: the next DLC is definitely going to be Haflings vs Fishmen

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 13, 2021

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

orangelex44 posted:

This is really a highly subjective thing.

As counterpoint: I completed almost dozen campaigns on Vortex map while, in comparison, not only did I not complete a single Mortal Empires game, my longest ME game lasted something like 20 turns at most. ME is obviously great for those who enjoy it, but for me personaly that whole part of the game and any focus it receives is just completely wasted.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I don't think Beastmen need god specific stuff, they explicitly didn't have any of it during 8th edition

Its far more serious that half of their roster is just straight up missing

Stuff like:
Doombulls (gorebull lords)
Great Bray Shamans (shaman lords)
Tuskgor Chariots
Ghorgon
Jabberslythe

Give them those some overhauled campaign mechanics and some unit rebalancing and they'll be in a good spot and if CA really does want to give them some god specific stuff later on they can do it in Warhammer 3 with the new baseline already established

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Beastmen are the black sheep of the Chaos family and no one else wants anything to do with them really so I wouldn't expect anything faction specific they add in game 3 to go to them.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
To flesh out Beastmen you need the marks of chaos, which is a shoo-in game 3 mechanic. And I forgot there’s no Vortex Norsca either, even though imo a Skeggi start would whip rear end

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

To flesh out Beastmen you need the marks of chaos

No you don't, Beastmen haven't had marks since their 6th edition armybook

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

To flesh out Beastmen you need the marks of chaos, which is a shoo-in game 3 mechanic. And I forgot there’s no Vortex Norsca either, even though imo a Skeggi start would whip rear end

hey now Skeggi exists in the game

it's easy to forget them but they exist!1!1!

fake edit: i apparently stopped reading at the first sentence and I 100% agree they would

tbf there is also aghol and mung but a northern start is more of the same... ya know boring

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 13, 2021

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

the god specific gors seem like a decent choice for expanding chaos roster options past marauders and warriors, particularly if there's a hard split between mortals and daemons

not necessarily all four, but tzaangors seem pretty likely between having a current design and most of the tzeentch mortal options being variations of A Wizard, and khorne hasn't got that much to choose from at the lower end really

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Sasgrillo posted:

Also I can only speak for myself, but (wrongly) speculating can be fun from time to time, especially as you get into those post-content months where the game stagnates.

edit: the next DLC is definitely going to be Haflings vs Fishmen

I think it’s fun how all-over the place the speculation is at this point. Loremaster of Sotek did a stream today and is adamant that the next dlc is beastmen vs. lizardmen.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I cheerleaded him a few times before, but ever since there has been a leak about the possibility of Realms of Chaos being a part of map for TW:Warhammer 3, I really want this guy to be a part of Lord DLC for TW:W 3 and give Lizardmen a starting position in Realms of Chaos :v:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

SLAM

BO

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Having a hard time picking the next DLC to buy

Vampire Pirates, Tomb Kings, or Ikit Claw (Skryre)?

Seems like some people love pirates and some people think their campaign is disappointing. Some people love tomb kings but others think they're only so-so. So hard to know which I'd actually prefer....

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
With Rakarth, all the game 2 starting factions will have an even number of lords, but Skaven will have one more pack of units and one more of their lords has a unique non-Vortex race campaign

Beastmen need the greatest rework
-General buffing? And fill out the unit roster
-A change to the obsolete Waaagh system. Could be the greenskins’ new system or something else.
-Something to deal with their destroyed territory being easily resettled. Beastmen don’t like building things, but they do have herdstones as permanent fixtures. They probably range less far than Chaos Warriors. They could have a system like Wood Elves or Nakai.
-Their legendary lords don’t have skill trees that differentiate them from the generic lords

Chaos Warriors probably need a little less rework
-Lots of missing units. I don’t know which would fill a massive need vs which are just cool
-Something to deal with easy resettlement

Norsca feels the most up to date, but:
-Like Beastmen, their legendary lords don’t also don’t have fancy legendary lords skill trees
-It would be nice for the player to be able to make use of Skeggi and its unique building in the Vortex campaign

There’s now the issue of whether a new human chaos unit or character belongs to the Warriors of Chaos, Norsca, or one of the single-god game 3 factions.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

I cheerleaded him a few times before, but ever since there has been a leak about the possibility of Realms of Chaos being a part of map for TW:Warhammer 3, I really want this guy to be a part of Lord DLC for TW:W 3 and give Lizardmen a starting position in Realms of Chaos :v:

Yea he's basically the Doom Guy of Warhammer. Except he's a chameleon with a blowgun. Might work better as a Legendary Hero, though.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Zaphod42 posted:

Seems like some people love pirates and some people think their campaign is disappointing. Some people love tomb kings but others think they're only so-so. So hard to know which I'd actually prefer....

tomb kings are great lorewise but id go with vampirates or ikit over them easily as a campaign, particularly now that growth got nerfed

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Judging from the few screenshots that accompany the announcement, it seems Rakarth gets access to LM monsters huh

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

also squigs

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Don't have Skryre but Vampire Coast is one of my favorite factions to play and they have a very enjoyable campaign IMO - easily the best implementation of a "horde" faction. Tomb Kings are fun to play in MP but I found their campaign in vanilla to be basically torture, which people say is due to growth changes made before I bought the game in 2020. TK campaign is building stacks of trash units while you agonizingly wait for permission to build more than four units of archers, chariots or anything else fun to play with

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Imo you could justify beastmen being semi-settled. Chaos could get portals on ruins that summon daemon stacks.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Beastmen should at least get Herdstones they can erect in certain places that they can use as a base.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Out of interest how exactly does those Growth changes work? Because I am in the middle of Tomb King campaign and I didn't notice anything out of ordinary? It's roughly turn 60 and tier 5 units are coming online in my starting province with T4 units becoming available in 2 other provinces in a few more turns, which is more or less business as usual (outside of Skaven, ofc) for my play-style. I'm playing VH/VH and Vortex Campaign, for info.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

AnEdgelord posted:

Beastmen should at least get Herdstones they can erect in certain places that they can use as a base.

when they conquer big trees beastmen turn them into herdstones, bing bang boom. They get to have bases, but also tons of conflict with wood elves and a ramp up to getting settled as they get strong enough. Also maybe a few of the trees can start as herdstones or something idk.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

He only buffs, and can only recruit, chameleon skinks.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The next DLC will be a triple threat for all 3 chaos factions, each getting a new lord, or possibly, getting the same lord but choosable for each of the factions.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

Being able to build herdstones in capitals/some lore-specific areas and some kind of super herdstone in WE settlements would at least give them a place to safely replenish/flee to/recoup losses, as well as slow enemy resettlement. Maybe you can choose between some settlements that give good replenishment and settlements that have decent garrisons, or one that makes defensive battles in them should always be ambushes. Idk.

Also steal the mechanic from the OvN Grudgebringer campaign that gives you bonus war wagons when you're in a defensive battle.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Lt. Lizard posted:

Out of interest how exactly does those Growth changes work? Because I am in the middle of Tomb King campaign and I didn't notice anything out of ordinary? It's roughly turn 60 and tier 5 units are coming online in my starting province with T4 units becoming available in 2 other provinces in a few more turns, which is more or less business as usual (outside of Skaven, ofc) for my play-style. I'm playing VH/VH and Vortex Campaign, for info.

It's higher growth points required per Pop (600 for the first point of surplus iirc, don't remember higher ones), but they actually reverted it a bit ago only on campaign difficulty Very Hard and up for some reason.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dr Christmas posted:

Norsca feels the most up to date, but:
-Like Beastmen, their legendary lords don’t also don’t have fancy legendary lords skill trees
-It would be nice for the player to be able to make use of Skeggi and its unique building in the Vortex campaign

There’s now the issue of whether a new human chaos unit or character belongs to the Warriors of Chaos, Norsca, or one of the single-god game 3 factions.

Norsca mostly just need more LLs. I also wouldn't say no to getting some of the Greenskin troll units, or maybe some other monstrous single entity (Giants?).

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Scott Forstall posted:

I think it’s fun how all-over the place the speculation is at this point. Loremaster of Sotek did a stream today and is adamant that the next dlc is beastmen vs. lizardmen.

That would be super boring and would give lizardmen more lords than any other faction in the game, so I don't know why they'd want to do that.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Dartonus posted:

It's higher growth points required per Pop (600 for the first point of surplus iirc, don't remember higher ones), but they actually reverted it a bit ago only on campaign difficulty Very Hard and up for some reason.

guess thats why i havent noticed any changes. i would guess the vh/legendary thing is because the ai will probably have a clear tech advantage some 30-40 turns in which would just be brutal. they already beat you on growth before the changes.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

orangelex44 posted:

Norsca mostly just need more LLs. I also wouldn't say no to getting some of the Greenskin troll units, or maybe some other monstrous single entity (Giants?).

norsca needs unit and garrison buffs. its really hard to hold even just norsca itself cuz everyone will stomp all over the chaos wastes as they all loving hate you, and you actually do need to hold territory or you cant afford the armies you need to go pillaging. and then the units you do pay for are either crap or average for their role, like marauder champions arent bad but theyre equivalent to chaos warriors and will lose to chaos warriors despite costing 1000 loving gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Pure horde factions suck bad, the game is built around painting the map with your territory.

Beastmen should get to take over capital cities and turn those into their own capital cities and then they could just build outposts on everything else like the Wood Elves can

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 14, 2021