Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Desert Bus posted:

This is a modern version but you can get a good idea of what the end parts looked like. I bet you could get custom ones or maybe 3d print some to get weird shaped cookies.

This doesn't look "electric" though? What's the "electric" do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

gschmidl posted:

you don't have to squeeze the handle to extrude the dough

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume it has a motorized doodad rather than requiring grip strength.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

gschmidl posted:

I just chose a random pic that showed the end pieces. Didn't feel like digging for a pic of an electric one that also showed them

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

gschmidl posted:

cures female hysteria

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cookie dough can be really stiff, so it can be a challenge to keep squeezing that trigger if you're making hundreds of cookies in a go. More so for grandmas with arthritis or whatever.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Or you're piping mashed potatoes over an entire roasted hog and you want a consistent flower pattern. What I'm saying is, the electric thing is a piping bag in addition to a fancy cookie dough extruder.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
puts me vaguely in mind of the Salad Shooter

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvL-I3Dfeqc

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

lol 'no extra bowls to clean', just the machine itself, the blades, the pusher...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jesus christ

My brother when he was like 10 and a budding cartoonist, drew this picture captioned "Christmas — the season of love, joy, togetherness, and Salad Shooters for all forgotten relatives"

and it was this cartoon of a kindly grandma in a rocking chair looking lovingly at a Salad Shooter in a box in her lap, and behind her is a stack of about 20 more Salad Shooters

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

This song played in my head before I clicked the link

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Disappointed that the salad shooter is not just a .50 cal that you load carrots into.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Facebook Aunt posted:

Cookie dough can be really stiff, so it can be a challenge to keep squeezing that trigger if you're making hundreds of cookies in a go. More so for grandmas with arthritis or whatever.

my grandmother made many thousands of "press cookies" with a similar appliance, and this is exactly right - poo poo is like operating a rivet gun. if an electric one worked worth a drat it would be pretty useful!

EDIT: see the one with the ring of eight holes? it makes a little flower shape, that was the main one she used, it makes cookies like the red ones here:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I confess I am also extremely weirded out by the idea of making biscuits out of something you could possibly put through a nozzle. Though admittedly I haven't made them in a very long time but I thought you made them out of a firm dough?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Disappointed that the salad shooter is not just a .50 cal that you load carrots into.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I confess I am also extremely weirded out by the idea of making biscuits out of something you could possibly put through a nozzle. Though admittedly I haven't made them in a very long time but I thought you made them out of a firm dough?

with enough pressure anything will go through a noozle

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah, firm. You ever have a play-doh extruder toy? Play-doh is stiff and holds it's shape, but it can go through an extruder. I think pasta makers work on a similar principle? A stiff dough forced through an extruder to make cool shapes.

The only restriction with a cookie gun is that it has to be a smooth dough like a sugar cookie or shortbread cookie. A lumpy cookie like oatmeal chocolate chip will get stuck and gum up the works.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I remember breaking one of those trying to stuff the goop through them.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Empty Sandwich posted:

puts me vaguely in mind of the Salad Shooter

I still use one of these for shredding cheese v:shobon:v

I could use my food processor with the cheese shredding plate but meh it's all the way over there

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tunicate posted:

with enough pressure anything will go through a noozle

That's how they make pasta

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Crossposting this because its amazing

twit666 posted:

My friend and I wanted to cook Easter dinner for a bunch of her Greek Orthodox friends. Big spread of Middle Eastern dishes with the main attraction being a rotisserie lamb. I dug a pit for the charcoals and had an ancient electric rotisserie that would hold a good size lamb. She picked up the lamb from a farmer's market on Saturday so we could marinate it overnight. She showed up at my front door with a box in her arms, crying, I said, "What's wrong?". When she ordered the lamb she said she wanted a whole lamb. When she got to the stall they handed her a box. She said, "What's this?". They told her, "That's your lamb. We figured we should cut it up in chunks so it will be easier for you to cook.". Irate she told them, "I said I wanted a WHOLE lamb!". Their eyes widened and they said, "Oh! you wanted a wwwhhhooolllleee lamb!". She said, "Oh I'm sorry I thought a whole lamb was a whole lamb. I'm sorry I didn't say wwwhhhooollleee lamb!", took her box and left. I said, "Heather, we can fix this!". We proceeded to the basement and got to work with some bailing wire. The pieces went pretty much where they were supposed to and we rubbed that sucker down with salt, lavender and other good stuff. In the morning I shoved it on the spit and started up the rotisserie. The bailing wire did the trick but there was a lack of rigidity to the legs and head. When the lamb would turn the legs and head would flop around in a hideous and horrifying manner. You could only look at it briefly before your stomach would turn. As the party was getting under way people would ask excitedly, "Where's the lamb!". I'd just point and then they would come back with furrowed brows. We had an empty dog house near the rotisserie (dog died a few months before), a kid asked, "Where's your dog?". I just looked over at the lamb. The kid went running to her parents. I walked a couple people over to it and when they looked at it I yelled, "It's alive!". We then referred to it as "Frankenlamb". It was wonderful when it came off the spit.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Is she ok?

Also I bought a salad shooter for myself because it grates potatoes like crazy :colbert:

Its really grate at it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bismuth posted:

Also I bought a salad shooter for myself because it grates potatoes like crazy :colbert:

Its really grate at it

Oooooooh I never thought of this! Thank u

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

I still use one of these for shredding cheese v:shobon:v

I could use my food processor with the cheese shredding plate but meh it's all the way over there

My grandma got me a salad shooter when I moved into my first apartment. I still have it and the only thing I ever have and probably ever will use it for is grating big blocks of cheese.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Code Jockey posted:

Oooooooh I never thought of this! Thank u

Carrots too, carrot cake has become my default bday cake (best cake)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Carrot bacon.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

MariusLecter posted:

Carrot bacon.

daaaaamn

here, take a look at some 25-year-old pickled okra

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Empty Sandwich posted:

daaaaamn

Nope nope, no thank you, nah, NOPE

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
see if you can get the mre guy to eat it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Johnny Truant posted:

Nope nope, no thank you, nah, NOPE

yeah that's the stuff. made myself kinda throw up in my mouth a little thinking knocking back a few of those bad boys.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MariusLecter posted:

Carrot bacon.

Glazed carrots are awesome, so some maple and liquid smoke probably wouldn't be bad.

Would

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pastry of the Year posted:

This isn't AFP per se but how have I been living without an ELECTRIC FOOD GUN

I've got a "Sushi Bazooka" lying around on the topic of ridiculously named cooking tools

Empty Sandwich posted:

daaaaamn

Have a sip

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Carrot bacon.

This is probably pretty good, while also not tasting much like bacon, but also I can't think of an alternate name off the top of my head.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

These are all rocks aren't they?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i need to get me a bacon brick.