Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
He's an extremely unlikeable guy, and even though I'll miss his content (there was some good info in there if you could sift through it), I'm not going to cry when he's kicked out of the PoE hivemind because of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

heres his 14 minute response if anyone cares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9yLTEpDr7E

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
path of matth should be banned from internet for using hotmail email alone
the bans from youtube and poe should follow shortly

also don't give him views

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

If anyone is even remotely tempted to watch a 14 minute video by a man complaining about his unfair treatment at the hands of a fantasy video game company, because he lost his poo poo and made death threats over some patch notes, please step away from your device and seek help.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Here’s Jousis narrating some highlights from Ziz’s event if you want some content that won’t make you barf

https://youtu.be/206IwnWrplA

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

whydirt posted:

Here’s Jousis narrating some highlights from Ziz’s event if you want some content that won’t make you barf

https://youtu.be/206IwnWrplA

This is some Good Content

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

You know people wish they'd had narration of their life events by some famous and cool voices like Samuel L Jackson?
I want mine to be narrated by Jousis. There is something about his voice...
He can narrate paint drying and it will be good content.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

he can sing really well too

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So who photoshopped the picture?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The government

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
twas me :owned:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

xZAOx posted:

The government

I knew it.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

he deleted his sockpuppet account and also specifically removed the post where he refers to himself in the third person: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/m3p5uy/how_not_to_make_a_criticism_video_about_a/gqrfu2m/

it's still cached on removeddit though: http://removeddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/m3p5uy/how_not_to_make_a_criticism_video_about_a/gqrfu2m/

I'm inclined to believe he's being dishonest about the other stuff

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Flavahbeast posted:

I'm inclined to believe he's being dishonest about the other stuff

the shady dude who wins the lab races every day and rmts the gems said this in the now deleted thread

quote:

As an FYI someone sent a whole boatload of a dump on matth to GGG that went way beyond discord messages (faked or otherwise). He may just be using this as a distraction from the actual offense.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I hate to say it but I don’t trust any of these Poe economy guys. The whole scene is is super used car salesman to me.

Just give us an auction house and ban selling services for in game currency.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

search engine posted:

If anyone is even remotely tempted to watch a 14 minute video by a man complaining about his unfair treatment at the hands of a fantasy video game company, because he lost his poo poo and made death threats over some patch notes, please step away from your device and seek help.

A fourteen minute video on being banned in a video game where you can make a new account for free at any time, where the thumbnail for that video is a doctored Phoenix Wright trial image is like a perfect storm of things that should make you never click on it for any reason.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Vincent Valentine posted:

where you can make a new account for free at any time
from glancing at his poe account, he has about $1500 of supporter packs bought, so lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

I hate to say it but I don’t trust any of these Poe economy guys. The whole scene is is super used car salesman to me.

Just give us an auction house and ban selling services for in game currency.

Nothing good ever came out of anyone taking any economy seriously.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

cyrn posted:

Max overlap is completely unrealistic. 5 is easy, 6 if you try for it. You need 5 AoE radius per overlap and AoE radius scales with the square root of total 'increased AoE.' so each additional overlap is much, much harder to get. I would much rather get 5 overlaps with Carcass Jack and Chaos Damage large clusters and have flexibility in gearing than go for Bow Damage with Broadside and increased AoE on several gear slots trying to hit one more overlap.

I started this league SSF Toxic Rain with the new Deadeye before changing to Pathfinder to learn boss fights. Trickster, Deadeye, and Pathfinder all seem reasonable choices for the skill. Raider seems like it would be rough with no damage in the ascendancy, I would probably start TR Deadeye and then respec to an elemental damage skill once I could get the gear if I wanted to play Raider. I think I would rather play the meme-ish occultist TR+Profane Bloom build than Raider.

Probably my favorite part of Toxic Rain is that because the damage is coming from the ground degen effect, you do not care about any of the most annoying game mechanics. Reflect, proximity shields, allies cannot die, etc. I Alch-Vaal every Atoll and don't even bother looking at the mods unless Sirus invades.

+ Carcass Jack and Quill Rain are very available and highly effective items that will carry you to red maps. It's not quite as good as something super-meta like blade blast or a melee slam build but still very smooth.
+ Crafting a solid bow is really easy even in SSF (deterministic normal exalt slam you can close your eyes and be 100% sure of what you're hitting).
+ Huge amount of socket flexibility
+/- You can frontload a ton of damage on most bosses by stacking your ground effects during RP, but mobile bosses like Sirus can move out of your damage.
- Good Chaos dot nodes are limited so there is a wall early in red maps where you need to pick up one or two of: cluster jewels/thread of hope/hunter influenced items/bow upgrade to keep going.
- Like all dot-builds, until you get enough damage things do not die before they can cast/hit you.
+Remi's Toxic Rain Pathfinder guide on PoE forums is quite good.
+Mostly unaffected by harvest nerfs (+2 amulet will be the the big one).
+Really viable for SSF or low-trading playstyles (you don't needs Sirus items before you can kill Sirus, for example).

It's not a very good explode-chest build, but eventually you have enough projectiles/attack speed/damage you just attack periodically to trigger mirage archer and run through the map and everything you see dies. Gloom shrines make cool pops but they don't actually improve my clear by much.

Deadeye's new Mirage Archer thing is pretty cool but hard to quantify. You always have tailwind and get extra projectiles for free so it's amazing clear without much gear, and having 3 mirage archers dropped in the middle of rituals worked really well this league.
Pathfinder makes you flasks, but you have essentially permanent fortify+ailment immunity and it scales very well because there are so many little flask-related bonuses than add up.
Trickster gets free stun immunity + very good damage scaling in ascendancy, but you don't have the respec flexibility the Rangers have (you can swap to builds like ed/contagion, poison bv, poison bladefall/bladeblast though).

This seems quite workable and a lot easier to get going than a bleed bow. I definitely think this is something I'm going to try in the next league.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Zmej posted:

from glancing at his poe account, he has about $1500 of supporter packs bought, so lol

Yeah, and that's a reasonable thing to be upset about losing, even when clowning on the guy.

But even then, he can still make a new account and play the game, producing videos and getting twitch dollars as though nothing happened, while waiting for his clothes to get back from the cleaners. Dude has effectively lost nothing, except maybe the time he's invested in the current league. And even then I'm sure his twitch followers are gonna give him whatever he asks for on his new account.

Whole thing is just a huge non-issue he's intentionally taking out of proportion for clicks and views.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The economy streamers spend 95%+ of their time sitting in hideout on TFT discord.

Presumably next league they will have to actually play the game which probably will be financially damaging, in my experience none of the economy streamers are especially good or even average at the actual game.

All those guys will probably lose money by having to stream gameplay but yeah it's still death threats over elf coins.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Why anyone even calls pathofmatth "an economy streamer"?

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

If you are on a budget and cannot afford a mouse or keyboard to navigate elsewhere, he can provide something that technically qualifies as a stream.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Hamelekim posted:

Grimro's whole schtick is pushing his terrible website.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
the incredible secret to poe's economy is that, in the current state of the game, you can do loving anything at all and make a bunch of currency just so long as you do a lot of it.

and yeah the poe economy youtubers are mostly giving out extremely mediocre advice (or fully just giving out bait advice and/or trying to pump n dump various farming strats or w/e)

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 16, 2021

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

the incredible secret to poe's economy is that, in the current state of the game, you can do loving anything at all and make a bunch of currency just so long as you do a lot of it.

This has been the case for as long as I've been playing, which is what? 8 years now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The Atlas passives go a long way to at the very least reinforcing that idea, if not finally making it accessible to most people.

See: me giving away around 50ex this league when I was done compared to barely being able to scrape together 20 in previous leagues. Grabbed, decent chunk of that was selling Harvest crafts and bulk currency from Valdo's Harbingers, two things I definitely won't count on next league, but now I have a much better idea on what content I want to focus on and how to get to that point.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 16, 2021

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I wanna run blight maps so I can get currency while half asleep but BLIZZARD made them prohibitively rare!!

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
isn't path of math and those guys whole thing is who can get the most headhunters or whatever as possible?

Anyway, some kind of news:

https://twitter.com/bexsayswords/status/1371549629779562498

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Vincent Valentine posted:

I wanna run blight maps so I can get currency while half asleep but BLIZZARD made them prohibitively rare!!

The up and downside of blighted maps is that they have a reliable yield that doesn't hinge on your clear speed or gearing. I like them a lot early on but they start to feel like bad time:payoff once oils and most of the themed drops decrease in value and I could run a few t16 maps in the time it takes to get through one. It'd be nice if they let the atlas passives for blight affect blighted maps as well, though that would break the region-specific paradigm.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

search engine posted:

A man with Pikachu dolls in the background, apparently.

Pika!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

von Braun posted:

isn't path of math and those guys whole thing is who can get the most headhunters or whatever as possible?

With a very solid dose of repeated RMT, apparently!

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I wish atlas passive would apply to zana missions. That would be really nice.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I'm glad matth got owned by ggg, it couldn't have happened to a better person. been calling him a grifter and content thief all league, almost all of his content reeks of "you should do this thing (sometimes it's not even the right thing to do) to get the result" with clearly no insight on why. i hope it turns into something more permanent

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

search engine posted:

The up and downside of blighted maps is that they have a reliable yield that doesn't hinge on your clear speed or gearing. I like them a lot early on but they start to feel like bad time:payoff once oils and most of the themed drops decrease in value and I could run a few t16 maps in the time it takes to get through one. It'd be nice if they let the atlas passives for blight affect blighted maps as well, though that would break the region-specific paradigm.

This is pretty much spot-on. They were more lucrative longer into the league back when stacked decks traded at 2 or 3c per, but now they're mostly good for getting to solid early to mid league currency levels. You can just about infer their value based on oil prices alone - once golden oils start hitting like 0.75x to 0.5x an exalt, it's time to start looking elsewhere if you're trying to maximize money-making.

Also, for whatever reason, a lot of folks don't like to run them, so they can be bought in bulk relatively easily. I guess people think you need a really special build to run them? Any build with OK clear can handle them so long as you use your towers correctly.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Traitorous Leopard posted:

This is pretty much spot-on. They were more lucrative longer into the league back when stacked decks traded at 2 or 3c per, but now they're mostly good for getting to solid early to mid league currency levels. You can just about infer their value based on oil prices alone - once golden oils start hitting like 0.75x to 0.5x an exalt, it's time to start looking elsewhere if you're trying to maximize money-making.

Also, for whatever reason, a lot of folks don't like to run them, so they can be bought in bulk relatively easily. I guess people think you need a really special build to run them? Any build with OK clear can handle them so long as you use your towers correctly.

Any build which can click "build scout tower" and the occasional "built arc tower" on an anti minion lane can handle them if you annoint them with the cheaper build annoint!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Someone tell me if I've lost my drat mind. I wanted to come up with the best single-button build I could think of that would be under 20ex and uses NO RARES.

After a sleepless night in PoB I came up with this embarrassment... Poet's Pen Blade Blast Chief.

https://pastebin.com/9QT6gvhL

I think in real-world single target, it would only do, maybe 1 million DPS without flasks on a good day?

However, the defenses would be faceroll tier:

code:
5800 Life
4300 Es

25 Life on Hit with possibly 100 hits per second even on single target
25 ES on Hit as well

40% Life recovered per second with Overleech
10% of ES recovered per second

75% Block and Spell Block with ~150 ES gained on block

All damage taken is unlucky
No extra damage from critical strikes

7800 Armour applies to elemental hits, 15% phys taken as Fire, 72% elemental resists in additional to armour reduction

Can't be stunned / frozen / ignited
This biggest question is how many hits would it actually get per second against a single-target? Frenzy-barrage + Bladefall + Bladeblast? Are the Bladefall blades cosmetic and it can only hit once per volley or does every individual hit connect where it falls? I was using this Life + ES Gain Watcher's eye with Saqawal Tornadoes previously and it did unfathomable healing in maps but against Conqs it was... very bad. But that didn't have the crazy vaal overleech and ES on block in addition.

edit: also that's not even the right version, I forgot to save a different one that puts three Might of the Meeks and boosts life another 500 while keeping res capped

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 16, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Are the Bladefall blades cosmetic and it can only hit once per volley or does every individual hit connect where it falls?

Bladefall is 5 waves of blades (6 with helm enchant), each of those waves hits enemies once if they're within the area of the wave. The individual blades aren't hits, but they show where the wave lands and how big it is.

If you're putting just BF in your PP (:laugh:) for clearing trash then manually casting BB then you might be OK, but putting them both in PP would probably be miserable since BB will have very few blades to detonate each time it gets triggered.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
speaking of headhunters, i ancient orbed 2 of them in my first 25 ancient orbs used yesterday

(then nothing in the next 90)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

under 20ex and uses NO RARES.

ci arakaali's fang aegis aurora guardian