Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
*Deku tries to train a new generation of heroes at UA but in a moment of weakness almost uses a Detroit Smash on a troubled youth when his danger sense goes haywire. Soon after the student joins the league of villains and destroys UA. Deku goes into exile on a remote island*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I kind of wonder if the author switch gears at some point. Meaning that I initially thought that the focus of the series would be the students, i.e. Midoriya and Shigaraki, duking it out while their masters lived vicariously through them. I just wonder if the body snatching thing was something that came with or after the introduction of AFO and Shigaraki, like how early conceptions of the series were going to have Izuku quirkless until that was deemed untenable.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Aurubin posted:

I kind of wonder if the author switch gears at some point. Meaning that I initially thought that the focus of the series would be the students, i.e. Midoriya and Shigaraki, duking it out while their masters lived vicariously through them. I just wonder if the body snatching thing was something that came with or after the introduction of AFO and Shigaraki, like how early conceptions of the series were going to have Izuku quirkless until that was deemed untenable.

I was calling the bodysnatching the moment All for One started talking about grooming Shigaraki as his successor and selecting quirks for him. Not necessarily because I believed it would happen, but because with the sort of villain AfO is (a total self-serving prick with delusions of grandeur) the option to bodyjack your successor is always there tantalisingly close.

Plus it was the easiest way to combine a physical fight (beat up AfO controlled Shigaraki) and a thematic one (save Shigaraki from AfO, and then put Shigaraki in jail free of his abusive grooming master).

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It's also another contrast between AfO and OfA (All Might in particular).

Even though they both talk about legacy and training their successors we see that it means very different things. AfO clearly doesn't want to give up control where All Might always knew and accepted that one day he would need to pass on his power to someone else just as it was passed on to him. And I think there's another point to be made that even as All Might was trying to make Deku the best successor he could be, he never wanted Deku to be a copy of him either. In fact he's shown to be happy when figures out Shoot Style on his own. Unlike his counterpart, All Might wants Deku to succeed on his own terms.

There's probably something you could make of how All Might transferred his quirk to Deku, gradually losing access to its power vs how AfO made a copy of his quirk to keep while he gave the original and all the powers had at the time to Shigaraki as well.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

christmas boots posted:

*Deku tries to train a new generation of heroes at UA but in a moment of weakness almost uses a Detroit Smash on a troubled youth when his danger sense goes haywire. Soon after the student joins the league of villains and destroys UA. Deku goes into exile on a remote island*

"Somehow, Twice has returned."

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Lord_Magmar posted:

Plus it was the easiest way to combine a physical fight (beat up AfO controlled Shigaraki) and a thematic one (save Shigaraki from AfO, and then put Shigaraki in jail free of his abusive grooming master).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everyone talks about Bakugo time traveling, but why not Midoriya time traveling to save child Shiggy???

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If this ends with time travel retconning out the series' events and a quirkless Deku being content that he was truly the greatest hero of all, I'll eat my hat.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Deku's going to travel back in time and give a sickly-looking child the encouragement he needs to stand against his brother, even though he (seemingly) has no quirk of his own.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Izuku travels back in time and kills the first Quirk baby.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Izuku will travel back in time and break Gentle Criminal's arms

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Deku travels back in time and helps a woman with a sick child push her car out of the snow.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Deku travels back in time and gives a weird looking fruit to Shanks' crew.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Deku travels back in time and invents the wheel

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Deku travels back in time and becomes a best-selling mangaka telling stories inspired by his many adventures, yes, that's right boys, I'm talking about beloved series Exploding-His-Limbs-Boy

Arist fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 16, 2021

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The last panel of Heroaca is Deku telling us all that his name in the real world is Kohei Horikoshi and to please support him on Patreon so he doesn't have to explode his hands drawing anymore.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Deku travels to the past in an alternate dimension New York, and while swinging through the air with Blackwhip, his shadow on the wall is mistaken by a young writer for a spider

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Deku travels to a long time ago and heads off into space, somewhere far, far away...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Deku's actually going to travel into the future and lie to everyone about how he became the best hero ever.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Deku's last quirk will remove other's quirks, he'll become the best hero by being the only hero.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku does the nasty in the pasty and becomes his own grandfather.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Deku gets another one of a kind All might statue

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Deku travels to Hyrule and then transforms into a tree.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Shadowlyger posted:

Deku travels to Hyrule and then transforms into a tree.

Does Bakugo become a business scrub?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Crosspeice posted:

Deku's last quirk will remove other's quirks, he'll become the best hero by being the only hero.

I'm blanking on the name but one of these shounen animes ended exactly like that, dude literally flew around the world taking every single super power away going crazy in the process.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

socialsecurity posted:

I'm blanking on the name but one of these shounen animes ended exactly like that, dude literally flew around the world taking every single super power away going crazy in the process.

I know exactly what you're talking about but have also blanked it from my mind. Then he went back in time or something.

I think we've been shown how Deku beats Shigaraki with the reveal that One for All is a death sentence for anyone with a quirk now. I'm just undecided on if Shigaraki will use it to kill All for One before dying first.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I know exactly what you're talking about but have also blanked it from my mind. Then he went back in time or something.

It's Charlotte.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Spoilers are starting to pop up, and i like it
All Might confesses everything about OfA to Jeanest and Hawks
Endeavour also hears it. Does not understand.
Deku is discharged.
Press conference from the Top 3.
Hero Schools nationwide close down.

Next one is the big one that got me to gush about it here

Deku drops out of UA. Leaves a letter for his classmates and everything. Ends with him looking down over the city.

addendum to the last bit
The letter is apparently (could be someone just hopping in on the spoilertrain to mess with people tho) addressed to Uraraka, specifically, and i'm seeing some people on twitter legitimately angry that it's not to Bakugo lmao. Kinda super loving that i'm in deep enough to see this poo poo.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 18, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yes yes yes! If that's legit, that's exactly what the series needed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Feels like Deku is making the same mistake All Might did, by trying to do everything on his own. Guessing there’ll be a few chapters of him trying(and failing) and his classmates will save him and show him the power of teamwork/friends/ect. And maybe a time skip.

Also inc jokes about My Hero Academia not being about an Academy anymore.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I feel like this is leading to a second encounter with Stain. Also, Inko is going to have an aneurysm.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

addendum to the last bit
The letter is apparently (could be someone just hopping in on the spoilertrain to mess with people tho) addressed to Uraraka, specifically, and i'm seeing some people on twitter legitimately angry that it's not to Bakugo lmao. Kinda super loving that i'm in deep enough to see this poo poo.
From what I've seen in the wild that's just her particular letter. Mineta, Kaminari, Kirishima, Shouji, and Tsuyu also show up with letters from Deku.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hogama posted:

From what I've seen in the wild that's just her particular letter. Mineta, Kaminari, Kirishima, Shouji, and Tsuyu also show up with letters from Deku.

"To my greatest friend and confidant, Minoru Mineta..."

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Deku has already studied under two No 1 Heroes. Now he's going to study under the No 1 Vigilante: The Mauler!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Deku might be leaving, but I'm sure some of his classmates will go after him and try to help. Iida and Bakugo are the obvious choices, so obviously it's going to be Can't Stop Twinkling and Sugarman.

Also lol if this is what he meant by finishing MHA and they're going to Tokyo Ghoul us.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Man, Izuku is never going to get into a good college at this rate. Does Japan have a GED equivalent? What do Japanese plumbers make? HVAC?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hell yeah. Bakugo definitely won't let Deku go play martyr by himself and Todoroki clearly has an agenda that won't be 'sit pretty in the UA dorms until the problem is fixed' so my guess is either we're going to be sharpening our focus on those three OR - the more fun angle that I hope for. Which is that we get three separate 'squads' of characters to focus on:

Squad Heroic Martyrs, consisting of Deku, Bakugo, possibly Iida and maybe Kirishima desperate to follow his best bro. Mirio also wouldn't be an out of place tagalong for this squad.
Squad Lets Take Out The Lieutenants, consisting of Todoroki and hopefully Uraraka, who is probably very concerned about Toga. They could be possibly joined by Tsuyu and Tokoyami (who may want to help Hawks with Dabi).
Squad Losers Who Stay At UA, consisting of everybody else that doesn't want to go on the run and would hopefully get very little screentime but would probably get at least some as breathing space.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Aurubin posted:

Man, Izuku is never going to get into a good college at this rate. Does Japan have a GED equivalent? What do Japanese plumbers make? HVAC?
Regarding this burning question, He can probably get a job at Uraraka Kensetsu

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nessus posted:

Regarding this burning question, He can probably get a job at Uraraka Kensetsu

I mean, he is a licensed pro hero. Assuming his license doesn't get pulled, he's certified for a good paying job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I guess we're really gonna start wrapping this up then, wow.