Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you don't think this is awesome then gently caress you. Just gently caress you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSrH4TuKq1I

edit: for those who don't speak Japanese: it's a single light tube "deathmatch" where the idea is to be the one to NOT break the light tube. It's incredibly creative and a lot of fun and not too long. They even demonstrate the rules before the match starts!

Ok. This was clever and enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: what the hell is going on in the WWE :psyduck:

Bray Wyatt was originally a Deep South cult leader with a family of hillbillies and an obsession with a Sister Abigail who it was implied had raised him. During a match with Matt Hardy, who had been possessed by a milleniums-old entity named Damascus, at the Hardy Compound Bray was thrown into the Lake of Resurrection which cleansed him of evil. He resurfaced as a kid's show host in a world of puppets who would turn into a horror-movie creature known as the Fiend. During a match with Braun Strowman where they fought in a swamp Sister Abigail appeared in the form of Alexa Bliss as Braun had a crush on her. The Fiend's obsession with Alexa would continue as he began to stalk her and eventually sexually assaulted her by sticking his fingers into her mouth. This infected Alexa with a similar demonic presence and she became the Fiend's loyal admirer. She would then start to feud with Randy Orton with a series of otherworldly assaults including throwing a fireball in his face and making him choke up poison. Randy and Alexa are now having a match at the next PPV. I hope this answers your question :)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you don't think this is awesome then gently caress you. Just gently caress you.

edit: for those who don't speak Japanese: it's a single light tube "deathmatch" where the idea is to be the one to NOT break the light tube. It's incredibly creative and a lot of fun and not too long. They even demonstrate the rules before the match starts!

lol this was awesome, thank you!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

Bray Wyatt was originally a Deep South cult leader with a family of hillbillies and an obsession with a Sister Abigail who it was implied had raised him. During a match with Matt Hardy, who had been possessed by a milleniums-old entity named Damascus, at the Hardy Compound Bray was thrown into the Lake of Resurrection which cleansed him of evil. He resurfaced as a kid's show host in a world of puppets who would turn into a horror-movie creature known as the Fiend. During a match with Braun Strowman where they fought in a swamp Sister Abigail appeared in the form of Alexa Bliss as Braun had a crush on her. The Fiend's obsession with Alexa would continue as he began to stalk her and eventually sexually assaulted her by sticking his fingers into her mouth. This infected Alexa with a similar demonic presence and she became the Fiend's loyal admirer. She would then start to feud with Randy Orton with a series of otherworldly assaults including throwing a fireball in his face and making him choke up poison. Randy and Alexa are now having a match at the next PPV. I hope this answers your question :)

It does, but it also raises a few more. Wrestling sure went places, huh?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

THE LORE OF THE FIEND

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rarity posted:

holy poo poo lmao

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I love that AEW spent weeks setting up an exploding barbed wire deathmatch for their world title PPV main event, which ended up being mostly smoke and mirrors, and then two weeks later in a free TV main event with nothing specifically on the line an Actual Dentist and Kobra Moon decided to summon the ghost of the Necro Butcher in order to determine exactly how much blood you can lose without requiring medical assistance

Blessed chaos

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I love that AEW spent weeks setting up an exploding barbed wire deathmatch for their world title PPV main event, which ended up being mostly smoke and mirrors, and then two weeks later in a free TV main event with nothing specifically on the line an Actual Dentist and Kobra Moon decided to summon the ghost of the Necro Butcher in order to determine exactly how much blood you can lose without requiring medical assistance

Blessed chaos

Britt's a good bleeder, but this was a 2 on the Muta scale, tops.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

my favorite part of that mst3k movie is that he's in the middle of his investigation of a vampire conspiracy but he's still like "ok well i will be at the arena tonight" then he wrestles a wolfman or something

My favorite part of that MST3K movie is that other than the title, there is zero implication in the first half of the movie that there's a wrestler in it. It's just a bunch of weird poo poo with vampire women. So after the episode has hit the halfway point, El Santo finally just shows up at this guy's house in full costume with zero fanfare. And Crow's absolutely cackles over it.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

There's a very slim chance it's not given that impostors were always willing to try and game a few bucks out of rural theaters, but given the production quality it's almost certainly the man himself

Yeah, it was a legit El Santo movie. It was the final MST3K episode for TV's Frank and his actor was a huge fan of ridiculous lucha movies, so they decided to go with that one.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Gavok posted:

Yeah, it was a legit El Santo movie. It was the final MST3K episode for TV's Frank and his actor was a huge fan of ridiculous lucha movies, so they decided to go with that one.

I pity anyone that doesn’t enjoy ridiculous lucha movies. They must be dull joyless husks of humanity.*

*nacho libre does not count

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1366180991023411212

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlwn_75NW_k

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rarity posted:

Holy poo poo lmfao WHAT

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Vince MechMahon posted:

Britt's a good bleeder, but this was a 2 on the Muta scale, tops.

Yeah, I'm hamming it a little - the actual measure of how much you can lose in one go is likely Eddie Guerrero turning most of the ring red at Judgement Day 2004. I specifically remember that one as the only time I've been watching wrestling in a bar, the camera cuts away to give Eddie time to blade, and where it then cuts back a bunch of people who weren't there to watch wrestling just stopped in mid-sentence.

Honourable mention is also given to the MMA fight that got ruled a no contest after the fighters started cartoonishly slipping and sliding around on their own blood. Good times all round.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 18, 2021

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Flawless style. Impeccable.

Banging theme song, also.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good Times With Weapons was a good South Park episode.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
DID YOU KNOW?

The Road Warriors were actually aliens from space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ColtUjp2nQ

Apparently aliens like to eat raw chicken and guzzle Tabasco sauce?

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 18, 2021

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I remember showing South Park to my friends in highschool after seeing the first episode and recording it to VHS, it was on SBS, the more diverse TV station no one else watched because white boring suburban, it blew their minds. I used to record ABC rage all the time and we'd hang out and play the last nights rage on Saturday or Sunday.

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 18, 2021

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It does, but it also raises a few more. Wrestling sure went places, huh?

Is it any weirder than an undead wizard feuding with his demonic brother in a league whose "commissioner" was literal GI Joe character?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

bull nakano's top rope leg-drop is the only move in wrestling that is entirely physically incomprehensible; it is clearly not possible for a human being to jump from a fifteen-foot cage and land flat on their rear end without spending a further six months removing chunks of pelvic bone from what remains of their taint

my one true regret is not being born early enough to marry this terrifying japanese woman and then spending the rest of our days playing golf and failing cocaine tests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPiCwcxeX_g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gR3YgHIYWs

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Gavok posted:

The best part is that wasn't even the first wrestling movie MST3K featured; that would be the women's wrestling extravaganza "Racket Girls". :v:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I like Aja Kong doing the hiphop squat

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This owns

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Please tell me where I can get one of these right now immediately

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The best part is that wasn't even the first wrestling movie MST3K featured; that would be the women's wrestling extravaganza "Racket Girls". :v:

seemed like an accurate portrayal of women's wrestling what with the promoter also being a pimp with mob ties who rigs horse races

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bogus Adventure posted:

I like Aja Kong doing the hiphop squat

Aja Kong is my favourite wrestler of all time. Stylish gear, garish face paint, cool theme song(s), all her moves look like murder, does a lot of taunts. Everything I like about wrestling in one person. Her legs don't work anymore but I still think she's the best

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Bull Nakano aged very well.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Rarity posted:

Randy and Alexa are now having a match at the next PPV. I hope this answers your question :)

Wow WWE is actually going to have an intergender match?

Elephant Ambush posted:

This was a cool match

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Blessed chaos

:hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What are you talking about that can't be Bull Nakano I'mma gonna Google that cause:stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MakaVillian posted:

Wow WWE is actually going to have an intergender match?

It's gonna be a bunch of smoke and mirrors bullshit

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Rarity posted:

It's gonna be a bunch of smoke and mirrors bullshit

That makes more sense

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

That makes more sense

Alexa will absolutely turn into Bray Wyatt during it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

seemed like an accurate portrayal of women's wrestling what with the promoter also being a pimp with mob ties who rigs horse races

No kidding, about the only unrealistic part was when he got "investigated" by the "Senate" in that film

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Rarity posted:

What are you talking about that can't be Bull Nakano I'mma gonna Google that cause:stare:

She got chonky again for her retirement show because she fukken rules, you see

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

THE MOST WRESTLING WRESTLING POWER LIST

1) 80s WWF
2) 90s All Japan Women
3) Like 1992/3 WCW

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Also reminded of one of my favourite rarely-mentioned wrestling nonsense moments, where Nakano and Alundra Blayze have a bike-vs-bike match at Hog Wild '96 at Sturgis, where the winner gets to destroy the loser's motorcycle. Alundra rides in on her Harley, while Sonny Onoo rides in a Honda that definitely belongs to Bull irrespective of the fact that she at no point sits on it, looks at it, or shows any concern whatsoever for it after the match. The fans and commentators are very angry about this Honda, presumably as it has wronged them in the past. Bobby Heenan is racist towards it, as was the style at the time. While I'm conscious that tastes have changed since the 1990s, and have never owned a motorcycle myself on account on not wanting to be disadvantaged in future games of Twister, the Honda does at least look like you could use it for some go fast good times in order to distract you from your medical costs. Alundra's Harley appears to be specifically designed to have the weight and carry capacity of an SUV but without being hindered by air con or having any crash protection beyond hoping you bleed out quickly on impact.

Naturally, Alundra will win, and will then proceed to pick up a heavy sledgehammer and start wailing on this perfidious motorcycle that has dared to insult the honour of American manufacturing. Unfortunately, whoever came up with this match had perhaps been somewhat too reliant conceptually on American manufacturing, as all Alundra's shots do virtually no damage whatsoever to the bike, on account that it was a Japanese bike made using engineering and real motorcycle ingredients, rather than some garbage they found on the floor. Thinking quickly, Alundra solves this problem by summoning up all of her gently caress YOU YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD energy and shoving the Honda on its side, rendering it utterly inoperable unless a skilled mechanic is willing to carefully and meticulously stand it back up again. Having now forever vanquished this dread machine and the deviant values it stands for, we can be all but sure that Alundra Blayze has guaranteed that Harley Davidson motorcycles will continue to be loved and respected by countless future generations of new motorcycle patients.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I can't help but notice that Aja Kong is not carrying a weapon because she is the weapon :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DrVenkman posted:

Bull Nakano aged very well.