Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

There's a certain point where a burger stops being even a loosely defined sandwich and just becomes a heap

Still technically a pizza, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The worst AFP is a perfectly tasty burger rendered uneatable by ludicrous proportions

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The worst AFP is a perfectly tasty burger rendered uneatable by wet crap dumped all over the top of it

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

CannonFodder posted:

I've had lettuce wrap burgers, and the only downside for me is that they put the same amount of mayo and mustard on the lettuce version but the lettuce doesn't soak up the sauces so it gets extra messy.

Oh don't worry, i know

*puts on lettuce burg bib*

ShortyMR.CAT has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Mar 22, 2021

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Dareon posted:

Yup, plus it's a challenge burg, eat the whole thing in one sitting by yourself without puking and I think it's free? Haven't actually paid it any attention beyond "Well, that exists."

Not even that, apparently you STILL have to pay for it whether you eat it or not in the one hour time frame.

https://www.foodchallenges.com/challenges/west-rib-pubs-sewards-folly-caribou-burger-challenge-talkeetna/

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I don't think I'd enjoy fries prepared like this...

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

sweet and sour damp potato logs

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

what exactly was the concept here

or was this due to drugs

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

French fry stir fry casserole

or possibly french fry stir fry aspic, that doesn't actually look like it's been cooked yet but it does look ... disturbingly gelatinous

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

FFT posted:

or possibly french fry stir fry aspic, that doesn't actually look like it's been cooked yet but it does look ... disturbingly gelatinous

I hope I'm wrong, but it kind of looks like someone took a family order of Chinese take-out and combined it over frozen french fries. The liquid looks uncomfortably like egg flower soup. The baby corn and water chestnut suggest stir fry or another dish. I'm trying to ignore what look like beans.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I was assuming the liquid was beer and thinking "That's not how you do beer-battered anything", but the can's not open.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

vegan lasagne

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

FFT posted:

It's been cooked. You can see the browned crust ring from where the liquid started at when it was put in the oven.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Well, I'm just going to assume that they know what they're doing* and that this is a confit. Which is a delicious way to cook stuff. You need to drain them and finish off the cooking though.

*For my own sanity

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Schubalts posted:

It's been cooked. You can see the browned crust ring from where the liquid started at when it was put in the oven.

You assume the ring is from cooking that, rather than an unwashed dish? Optimist.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
it's drunken Finnish cooking, don't judge

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Poor man's sous vide? Set the oven to a specific temperature?

E: nope there are char marks on the sides of the pan that thing was boiling.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

von Braun posted:

it's drunken Finnish cooking, don't judge

Is there any other kind of Finnish cooking?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

spankmeister posted:

Is there any other kind of Finnish cooking?

That but in the sauna.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

gschmidl posted:

That but in the sauna.

My Summer Car, the most finnish game to ever exist, requires your character to regularly use their home sauna or they'll literally die.

Also the graphics are as ugly as whatever the gently caress that food is.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If you're too far from a sauna you can also smoke cigarettes, drink beer, and swear.

You can end up so addicted to cigarettes you need to sit in the sauna all day, swearing and drinking beer in an effort to not have a heart attack about your nicotine craving.

And like OP mentions there's even a game that simulates this.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

zedprime posted:

If you're too far from a sauna you can also smoke cigarettes, drink beer, and swear.

You can end up so addicted to cigarettes you need to sit in the sauna all day, swearing and drinking beer in an effort to not have a heart attack about your nicotine craving.

And like OP mentions there's even a game that simulates this.

is there a perkele hotkey?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I just got an office job and my phone keeps auto correcting spreadsheets to spaghetti-os and it made me think of this thread

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

is there a perkele hotkey?

Yes, actually. There is a key that cycles through a wonderful variety of finnish swears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0_UFlsNMU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, actually. There is a key that cycles through a wonderful variety of finnish swears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0_UFlsNMU

:lmao: wasn't exactly expecting an affirmative answer there, might have to check that out.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Be warned that it is gloriously janky and weird, which just adds to the charm.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Sorry to continue the derail, but here are two Icelandic fellows taking on My Summer Car in all its janky glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfHXY1H6NOM

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

giant tenderloins are great

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not really related to anything, but if you google loin, and check images, half of them are inexplicably stock photos of (misspelled) lions.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I once had to do an audit at work on "prok lion medalions"

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The best part about giant pork tenderloin sandwiches is the Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches facebook group with 52k members and an admin who will ban you if you post a picture of a tenderloin that has any condiments on it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, I thought that was just a restaurant being silly, that’s actually a thing?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure it's yummy but it's just dumb to put that bun on it

Pork with yarmulke... I feel like there's a joke there but it's probably just "the Midwest lol"

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I feel like the ideal way to eat that giant breaded meat slab is to roll it up like a tortilla with condiments and toppings inside it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A timeless mystery divine
There sits a-bunned a kosher swine

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Put some mushroom gravy on that sombitch.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tbf I've had schnitzels like this in Austria and Germany, but with roast potatoes and not some stupid pity bun.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I would like to craft body armor out of the pork loins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

A cutlet cuirass