Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol yeah steal the one asset he has left and put it on your restaurant sign, lmk how that turns out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A majority of American voters have no understanding of politics beyond "my team good, your team bad" and that's going to gently caress us up forever lol

the democrat party is going to win the stanley cup

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

lol yeah steal the one asset he has left and put it on your restaurant sign, lmk how that turns out

seems to be working fine so far

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A majority of American voters have no understanding of politics beyond "my team good, your team bad" and that's going to gently caress us up forever lol

mlyp!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

democrats are like browns fans

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
impossible because I’ve met democrats

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1375115342285045766?s=20

Never call the loving police

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ADINSX posted:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

don't call the regular police either

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ADINSX posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

/especially/ seattle police, jeez

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Or maybe handcuff you for no reason and march you down the stairs ignoring your pleas that your a man in your 70s and none of this is nessessary

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah of course today it would be "get worried about their relative's welfare" and "need someone to break down his door and murder him"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

seattle police are pretty bad at everything they do. a while ago there was a protest outside their union hall and they called all available units to deal with it. because that was the most important problem in the whole city, the fire department had to respond to a rape call because the police were busy

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

these days you just fill out the police report yourself online and they skip the step of sending an officer to shrug at you

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

i would imagine the FD did a better job with the rape call than PD would have

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

that strikes really close to home. like the time my friend's car was stolen, and then 5 hours after calling the cops we found the car first. called them again to let them know where we were, and when officer dicklock finally showed up he drove right past us and the stolen car while we were waving our arms and yelling.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

getting mad that cops won't show up stat to listen to how mad you are at being victim of property crime is some absolute boomer poo poo

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Yeah, I'm more mad about them not doing anything about the dude following me in his car whilst whacking off when I gave them the full plate or the dude who grabbed my tit at the bus station *on camera* but at least they didn't charge me for chucking traffic cones at him 🤷

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

it's not about that. we found the car two blocks away from where it was stolen. and then it took the guy three passes before he noticed us standing there. there's not a lot of crime in this town, so i don't think they were busy. it just seemed incredibly lazy

matti
Mar 31, 2019

im just mad because i have irl issues with cops not giving a poo poo (rape)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

matti posted:

im just mad because i have irl issues with cops not giving a poo poo (rape)

oof that's pretty bad

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i got robbed once and after hours of questioning the cops said our (me n my roommates) stories about what the gun looked like didn't match up and then the local paper printed that it was a botched drug deal the next morning and we got evicted a couple hours later

there's more cop lol in the story, but it was a really lovely n formative experience, and my main thoughts on it now are that i feel bad about going to the cops in the first place, because ultimately it was children traumatizing children, who were all already traumatized from earlier life experiences

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

yeah of course today it would be "get worried about their relative's welfare" and "need someone to break down his door and murder him"

like a decade or so ago, there was this story about a 911 dispatcher. after the caller said they had an unruly son w/ disabilities and needed help, the operator said something like "so you want us to come over there and shoot him for you?", and they got in all this trouble over it, think they lost their job. over the years since, i've realized that they were just being more honest than we're used to

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i saw this cursed meme a while back

and it's like

oh a huge guy throwing his own poo poo and yelling and swinging anything within reach. drat that sounds scary. where have i heard that before though?

oh right it's Every Mental Hospital Ever and yes, they have their own problems but the people who work there somehow manage to de-escalate that sort of situation on a daily basis without any guns or murder at all. 120-pound women are able to get that 280-pound berserk guy restrained and sedated without killing anyone just by working together and following well-rehearsed procedures. incredible!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Sagebrush posted:

and it's like

oh a huge guy throwing his own poo poo and yelling and swinging anything within reach. drat that sounds scary. where have i heard that before though?

oh right it's Every Mental Hospital Ever and yes, they have their own problems but the people who work there somehow manage to de-escalate that sort of situation on a daily basis without any guns or murder at all. 120-pound women are able to get that 280-pound berserk guy restrained and sedated without killing anyone just by working together and following well-rehearsed procedures. incredible!

cops are pussies, op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

and it's like

I know someone who works at a mental hospital that had to deal with a situation like this and she's a small white woman. The guy was a 6'5 300 lb muscular slavic dude and in talking him down found out that he had broken down because his partner miscarried.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Plorkyeran posted:

these days you just fill out the police report yourself online and they skip the step of sending an officer to shrug at you

sometimes they'll ask if you'd still like someone to shrug at you, but they can't say when the shrugs will happen

Roosevelt posted:

that strikes really close to home. like the time my friend's car was stolen, and then 5 hours after calling the cops we found the car first. called them again to let them know where we were, and when officer dicklock finally showed up he drove right past us and the stolen car while we were waving our arms and yelling.

that basically happened to a buddy of mine. i think his was stolen for joyrides a few times (old boat of a car) and he'd usually find it first and tell them to stop uh… looking? and that it was fine

i feel like the last time he still had paperwork to do. on the plus he got a bunch of free cds they kids left in the seat cushions

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

kitten emergency posted:

cops are pussies, op
cops: we're tough guys and everyone else is crazy or an idiot lol

also cops: ouuuhhh we cannot possibly succeed against any of these crazy idiots unless you give us all the money and constantly tell us we are good ooouuuoooohhhhh!

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my version of this is that I had a friend in university who had a full psychotic break. Glossing over the details, we ended up bringing him to our apartment because the hospital couldn't keep him. On the second night of this it was clear we were out of our depth and we called the paramedics, who were there and helping out for a long time before some cop showed up, tactically maneuvered his hands to his hips, and just sort of stood there in everyone's way. I don't know how he got in, certainly none of us called for him. Eventually they took our friend to the hospital and as the cop was leaving he started making a bunch of comments about the rolling papers on the floor. The guy literally wandered in, hindered the people who were actually helping, and then threatened us about our weed paraphernalia on the way out.

The friend got out of this encounter alive despite being sudanese so i guess that's what counts as a happy ending.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I know someone who works at a mental hospital that had to deal with a situation like this and she's a small white woman. The guy was a 6'5 300 lb muscular slavic dude and in talking him down found out that he had broken down because his partner miscarried.

police training pretty obviously teaches that anyone doing anything weird or wrong is doing it because they are a Bad Guy and they need to be put down like a rabid dog. be a complete void of compassion. kindness is weakness.

except if you're white and you rape a college girl or kill a bunch of asian ladies or whatever. then you're just having a bad day

Agile Vector posted:

sometimes they'll ask if you'd still like someone to shrug at you, but they can't say when the shrugs will happen

when my bicycle got stolen i filed a police report over the phone, but they said that because the guy jimmied the front gate they had to send some guys out to shrug at me.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1374742912685244418

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

stfu, meghan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Why does she have the hairstyle of a TNG extra?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

call my name, bastian! please! save us!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Why does she have the hairstyle of a TNG extra?

john mccain was obviously a klingon and yelled "today is a good day to die" at least four times during vietnam alone

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

*mccain is chucked into his cell at the hanoi hilton* today was a bad day to fly!

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

"is identity politics more important than the qualifications for the job?" is particularly rich, as the only qualification she has for her job is who her dad was, which is solely due to her unique identity as john mccain's daughter. as she constantly reminds everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

President Beep posted:

*mccain is chucked into his cell at the hanoi hilton* today was a bad day to fly!