Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

piss on a pringle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Cythereal posted:

Known in some circles as the dish 'poo poo on a shingle.'

Excuse me, sir, but that would be Creamed Chipped Beef on toast.

edit:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

brie is poo poo sorry not sorry

Sacrebleu!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Robo Reagan posted:

brie is poo poo sorry not sorry

Mods!?!

Brie with whole green and black peppercorns is loving great and I can't find it in this godforsaken cow scorned wasteland (Canada)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bellows lugosi posted:

'cheese product' is even fine. it's sodium citrate (or similar) used to create a supremely meltable product. it's used elsewhere but people are too busy hating on a perceived reality of america

i got one of these bad boys in my fridge aging, i want to see if i can get it to 10 years old before i eat it. i think it's 3 years old right now

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

bellows lugosi posted:

love to hear people who aren't american tell americans how it Really Is In America

I mean I only spent 10 years living there, so clearly I'm not allowed to have cheese opinions :colbert:

It was a happy day when I discovered Canadian Black Diamond, trust the Dominions to do it right.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i have a confession goons i actually dislike brie and was just trying to be hyperbolic i have spoken with close family members and my pastor and we're working through this together to make sure it never happens again

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you spent 10 years in the states and the best cheese you found was canadian black diamond, you're an idiot

That's like being pleasantly surprised to find campbells soup and declaring it a righteous day for lunches.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Americans think yellow cheddar and white cheddar taste different....but they're the same thing.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I can't eat black diamond cheese, too dangerous

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

i have a confession goons i actually dislike brie and was just trying to be hyperbolic i have spoken with close family members and my pastor and we're working through this together to make sure it never happens again

:shrug: more brie for me, then, no hard feelings wait poo poo, I forgot I’m on the internet I mean you’re the worst and we are now nemeses

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

My cousin broke her leg that way

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Waterbed Wendy posted:

And forget about tree cheesing. That poo poo's insane.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Quilts

didn't many quilts growing up, but my homie has a bunch and they are heavy af.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
My grandma used to makes quilts like that. They are very heavy! We would put them on our beds only in winter. Probably the original weighted blanket

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
About 20 years ago while I was visiting friends in Milwaukee they showed me two real American establishments. First were the George Webb restaurants where every year they promised free hamburgers if the Brewers won twelve straight games and then had to live up to that in 1987 when the Brewers managed to do it. The second was the delivery service Steak-Away, which not only offered prime rib delivery but also something called Cheese Munchies, which consisted of hash browned potatoes and melted cheese deep-fried in nuggets and served with cheese sauce on the side. They were glorious. I think George Webb still exists but I don't know about Steak-Away. :911:

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Quilts

didn't many quilts growing up, but my homie has a bunch and they are heavy af.

My grandma was an award-winning quilter. I have so many of her quilts, some I use some that stay safe on a shelf. I miss her so much and have thought about learning how to do it myself to remember her.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
needlework in general is very relaxing and super satifying you should give it a shot

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Howard Beale posted:

About 20 years ago while I was visiting friends in Milwaukee they showed me two real American establishments. First were the George Webb restaurants where every year they promised free hamburgers if the Brewers won twelve straight games and then had to live up to that in 1987 when the Brewers managed to do it. The second was the delivery service Steak-Away, which not only offered prime rib delivery but also something called Cheese Munchies, which consisted of hash browned potatoes and melted cheese deep-fried in nuggets and served with cheese sauce on the side. They were glorious. I think George Webb still exists but I don't know about Steak-Away. :911:

It does, and they still give away discounted burgers for various brewers promotions.

They're not very good though

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

lovely cheese products are very Americana. Only thing I buy here are 4yo sharp cheddars, Colby and soft specialty goat/sheep ones.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm a partial Southerner and I know for a fact we have the technological capacity to make a machine that produces hot, delicious biscuits, on demand, for very cheap, but we don't do it. It's bullshit.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm a partial Southerner and I know for a fact we have the technological capacity to make a machine that produces hot, delicious biscuits, on demand, for very cheap, but we don't do it. It's bullshit.

would this be pod based like a keurig

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bonzo posted:

Gatlinburg was always called the "Redneck Vegas" , except there's no gambling there. Plenty were hotels that had heart shaped, pink, hot tubs, and such. The Ripley's Aquarium is cool but those are in most cities now.

However after two financial crisis, damage from fires and tornadoes, Trump (and everything that goes along with that), I can't image ever going again.

Gatlinburg has apparently been like this for a while. They go visit it in Suttree and it sounded almost as tacky and hokey back in the 50s-60s

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Yeah you can buy them in cardboard rolls from the supermarket.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
proprietary biscuit-pod drm.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

real deal buttermilk biscuits are super american and absolutely delicious. made with lard though, seriously.

in cheese news though:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

no pubes yet sorry posted:

real deal buttermilk biscuits are super american and absolutely delicious. made with lard though, seriously.

in cheese news though:

oh poo poo, those were great

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i always got the peanut butter ones. good poo poo.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I mean you could just have a large machine connected to your water and gas lines like a stove or a refrigerator which you feed butter flour baking soda and press a button and it would just poop out a whole bunch of hot fluffy biscuits and then ding done

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Aardvark! posted:

would this be pod based like a keurig

I wish to angel invest this product.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I wish to angel invest this product.

e: or would it be like kraft easy-mac and you just add water up to the line stir, and throw in the microwave for 3 minutes? Also speaking of easy-mac bowls, that is some true Americana peak "gently caress this, I'm too tired right now" food.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 26, 2021

naem
May 29, 2011

that machine is called grandma

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

naem posted:

yeah but they're always running on old hardware and crap out after a few years

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Speaking of biscuits, 7-up biscuits are easy and legit: https://www.food.com/recipe/7-up-biscuits-496614

Used to make these all the time for hungover Sundays. Kinda trashy but try it! You'll be shocked. Americana.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
this machine kills empty tummies

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

naem posted:

lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

apologies for the ebaumsworld link, but it's still the only place I can find this classic video absolutely STEEPED in americana

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/copenhagen-kid/82012395/

I watch this every few years and can pretty much quote the whole thing

me, I'm from north bunkham

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

hawowanlawow posted:

apologies for the ebaumsworld link, but it's still the only place I can find this classic video absolutely STEEPED in americana

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/copenhagen-kid/82012395/

I watch this every few years and can pretty much quote the whole thing

me, I'm from north bunkham

Kids 13 going on 30. But also, that definitely ain't snuff.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

naem posted:

No self-respecting southerner has a "grandma"

Now a "mee-maw", maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mee-maw is for backwoods hicks

ma-maw on the other hand is perfectly respectable