Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I can not wait to watch the democrats eat poo poo in 22 and 24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1376181532763643906?s=20

taintrunners vr training paying off

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Simprano_Tony/status/1375971076086374408

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

I can not wait to watch the democrats eat poo poo in 22 and 24

What I'm kind of accepting is that our country is so successfully alienated from the concept of politicians actually doing meaningful things to help them that this might not even happen. People have been so thoroughly indoctrinated with the idea that cultural signifiers are the most important thing about politics that they don't even have any higher expectations.

like, especially given what lockstep the Dems have most media outlets and discussion spaces in (see: even in D&D on Something Awful, you can't say "Democrat Party" because it's a thing the Republicans have said as a way to swipe at the Dems, which makes it basically a slur), we're kind of firmly in :matters: territory IMO

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

being a blue-team cheerleader is the only way to stave off authoritarianism

even if you find yourself resorting to authoritarian methods, it's worth it to stave off authoritarianism

our loving team-sport mentality is what's gonna kill this country

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We bet big on materialism and we loving whiffed guys

Our champions have turned to hollow team-boosting because it's the only way they've been able to survive our catastrophic failure

This loving sucks and there's no way around it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

isnt the capitol still occupied by the national guard.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

His sexcrimes experience is also useful for the military.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Add "privledge" to the growing list of words that has been rendered meaningless through overuse(as if AOC didn't already drive the nail into that one).

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

In Training posted:

The Green Zone is still under guard.

Btw, partisanship isn’t killing us, it is nationalism. Partisanship just makes it impossible for the general population to realize it.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

loquacius posted:

What I'm kind of accepting is that our country is so successfully alienated from the concept of politicians actually doing meaningful things to help them that this might not even happen. People have been so thoroughly indoctrinated with the idea that cultural signifiers are the most important thing about politics that they don't even have any higher expectations.

like, especially given what lockstep the Dems have most media outlets and discussion spaces in (see: even in D&D on Something Awful, you can't say "Democrat Party" because it's a thing the Republicans have said as a way to swipe at the Dems, which makes it basically a slur), we're kind of firmly in :matters: territory IMO

Yeah, I don't think the dems eating poo poo is a guarantee either. I have no idea what will happen, but recent dem behavior has rid me of the idea that 22/24 will be a red wave.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

confession bear meme: I was actually happy during the brief period on Election Night when I thought Biden was gonna lose, because that was a sign that the American electorate cared about things

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

Yeah who the hell knows anymore. The Democrats could institute their new gas tax to screw over anyone that has to commute for a living and it doesn't matter since politics has entirely devolved into celebrity worship. Voting has been reduced to an award show where you phone in your favorite actor you see on cable news every few years so it doesn't matter what any of them do anymore.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Yeah, I don't think the dems eating poo poo is a guarantee either. I have no idea what will happen, but recent dem behavior has rid me of the idea that 22/24 will be a red wave.

I feel like in 2024 the Republicans are going to run another Romney and eat absolute poo poo.

I think we are going to see a growing trend of poltiicans having more and more absurd scandals and just saying "gently caress off" since what are the voters going to do NOT vote for them out of principle lol? Why not just be as openly corrupt as possible if your base sees that as evidence of an international conspiracy against them?

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 16:04 on Mar 28, 2021

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Granted, their work is done and the US is screwed.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
this is some extremely dumb poo poo right here. trump lost solely because of material conditions being so in the shitter that the suburban petty bourg abandoned him because they too were feeling the squeeze. were it not for corona and the economic meltdown he'd have walked to reelection

also loving d&d isn't indicative of the electorate at large, jfc.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

I feel like in 2024 the Republicans are going to run another Romney and eat absolute poo poo.

I think we are going to see a growing trend of poltiicans having more and more absurd scandals and just saying "gently caress off" since what are the voters going to do NOT vote for them out of principle lol? Why not just be as openly corrupt as possible if your base sees that as an international conspiracy?

I dunno if they can really stop the Trump Train

all the Principled Conservatives have jumped ship to the Dems, who have welcomed them with open arms and pandered to them happily

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Too doomery so deleting..

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

this is some extremely dumb poo poo right here. trump lost solely because of material conditions being so in the shitter that the suburban petty bourg abandoned him because they too were feeling the squeeze. were it not for corona and the economic meltdown he'd have walked to reelection

I mean, yeah, it took a global pandemic and hundreds of thousands of Americans dying to juuuust barely pry him loose, but I feel like that's a pretty low bar w/r/t the American electorate caring about things beyond cultural signifiers

Re D&D though, that was just an example. Every other discussion space is either boomered all to hell and back (ex: Facebook) or even worse than D&D (see: Reddit)

Some of Twitter has escaped, but not a lot of it tbh

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Biden and the Democrats are really tight with national security institutions at this point. I don’t see that changing.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hampton grew up in the suburb of Maywood, which isn't really a ghetto.

But, Malcolm X should definitely check his privilege for having the time and energy to educate himself while imprisoned.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

didn't watch. I agree that the bad guys in season 1 were basically right. on the other hand, I don't require all media to be perfectly ideologically correct in order to enjoy it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

In Training posted:

That crazy ubereats carjacking video in DC is super weird because there's like a dozen NG at the end of it but they dont seem to think they have police power so they kind of just stand around but they're also clearly authorities so everyone is treating them like they can arrest people

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Eggplant Squire posted:

Too doomery so deleting..

No such thing, just post

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Judakel posted:

Taylor Lorenz liked one of his dumbass tweets in support of it. All these people have brainrot. Yes, this regressive tax won't impact the poor worse than anyone else. No, you shouldn't have to pay for the dirty rural's roads with your city money. Not like most capital is concentrated in cities.

he’s doubling down

https://twitter.com/mtsw/status/1376197574873374724?s=21

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

she left out "another covid spike"

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 17:22 on Mar 28, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

I dunno if they can really stop the Trump Train

all the Principled Conservatives have jumped ship to the Dems, who have welcomed them with open arms and pandered to them happily

they'll still throw dems under the bus at the first possible opportunity though, which makes dems holding a victory parade for finally getting their precious republican voters all the more hilarious

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

careerists have a weird grudge against carter because he actually accomplished something without the dsa's permission

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zerilan posted:

back half of korra book 1 was such poo poo that I could never convince myself to check out the rest of it

yeah, Amon was basically a ripoff of that senator character from X-men who wants to persecute mutants but surprise surprise, he is a mutant himself

korra's still a fun dumb kids show with pretty great animated fight scenes though

it's too bad the voice actor for uncle iroh died. :( his replacement doesn't quite get it right.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I watched like 3 episodes of Avatar. It seemed like dumb poo poo for babies.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Don't forget he was honest about what he was like when he was younger (aka the same as basically every white dude) which is being a "toxic rear end in a top hat" to the stupidest people on the internet.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Animal-Mother posted:

it's too bad the voice actor for uncle iroh died. :( his replacement doesn't quite get it right.
A moderately-talented white guy pulling a racist voice could do better than his replacement. :negative:

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Watching the Leftovers (brilliant show by the way) and seeing how the Guilty Remnant operated makes me think that perhaps a path towards the solution of our plight is not to agitate against the corporations (because they are too powerful and entrenched to care) but the workers, because while they live a dystopian existence, they want to distract themselves from it and just try to live whatever life they can. In other words they are asleep, and the biggest obstacle in changing the political landscape at all is to get them to wake the gently caress up. They don’t need suggestions of unionizing or marching for $15 min wage or solidarity or all this other bullshit that will get throttled in the crib, they need to be reminded that they’re slaves and their lives are worthless, as relentlessly and obnoxiously as possible. Because deep down they know things are hosed, and if they have to confront that then maybe it will spark something.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 17:43 on Mar 28, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

confession bear meme: I was actually happy during the brief period on Election Night when I thought Biden was gonna lose, because that was a sign that the American electorate cared about things

considering he almost lost the easiest slam-dunk election in history it kinda still is???

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

I just looked up why she closed her twitter account and it is ten times stupider than I was expecting. Basically she made an incredibly benign tweet in which she called the new Disney+ movie a Last Airbender knockoff and the internet had a meltdown because both franchises took inspiration from a third story that she wasn't aware of or something and apparently that's racist(?) and resulted in a flood of incredibly bad faith takes.

I really wish I could properly explain to people how counterproductive this poo poo is. You're basically proving Fox News right when they talk about the horrors of cancel culture.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

lindsay proving cyberbullying isnt real by logging off

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I met the avatar guys once. They were greasy weebs and one of them looks like an egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's hard to get across just how disastrous and bad Biden winning is. This election really was the most important one in our lives. We could have either elected Bernie Sanders or when the election was stolen from him, Trump. Either one would have better.

I really think back to back losses would have maybe made some people start waking up to the fact that democrats are just as bad, if not worse than republicans and that if our power structure is going to smother any third party and demand there only be two then massive change to what is even considered a democrat needs to happen. Most people are hopeless but a non-zero amount of people might have used Trump winning again as motivation to push for real change and progress.

Instead we got tens of thousands of suburbanites upset about mask laws punishing Trump and justifying everything the democrat party thought was true. 2016 was stolen by Russia! No need to change things! People prefer the rapist throwing children into cages and destroying the black community because he is the platonic ideal of a politician! Back to normal! At least he isn't orange man! Only possible outcome! Better Than Nothing!!

Right at a pivotal moment when we are facing down climate apocalypse and world on the verge of meltdown in our lifetimes enough voters decided they wanted to live in the 1990s that we set the clock back 30 years to West Wing style bullshit and wastes of time while every Biden voter cheers on the fact that he is doing poo poo objectively worse than Trump but that the important thing is that he is not Trump. Justifying, excusing, empowering and enabling Democrats in 2020 is going to turn out to be one of the worst things to ever happen to the world.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 18:02 on Mar 28, 2021