Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Grapplejack posted:

it's wayy more likely that she was a warren-style dem, but then saw the paychecks when she got into office and tacked to the center to keep those sweet sweet checks coming

Sounds like the CIA's doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I don't think I've ever seen someone use the term Occam's Razor correctly on the internet

Moltke
May 13, 2009
She is trying not to lose her seat in the upcoming redistricting, something establishment dems have firm control over in NYS

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

clicking around in this guy's mentions long enough found me this

https://twitter.com/BasicFl/status/1376291869416644612

this man (not jewish, but knows several Jewish people) has spent a non-zero amount of time today trying insistently to maintain this argument against multiple secular Jews that secular Jews aren't real

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
woah I’m not real

guess that sucks

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

@Redkahina Was Right

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

it's wayy more likely that she was a warren-style dem, but then saw the paychecks when she got into office and tacked to the center to keep those sweet sweet checks coming

Warren's campaign was definitely an op though

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
I just had a crack ping

Bernie endorsed Hillary at the Democratic National Convention on July 26, 2016

The first time the AOC picture showed up on the Flats Fix bar website was July 29, 2016:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160729195803/https://www.flatsfix.com/

https://time.com/longform/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-profile/

quote:

Ocasio-Cortez had gotten her first taste of politics during college, as an intern in Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy’s office. By the time -Bernie Sanders launched his 2016 campaign, she was hooked. She volunteered to knock on doors for his campaign across the Bronx and Queens. “I had done grassroots organizing before,” she says. “But Sanders’ race was one of my first times where I crossed that bridge from grassroots community organizing to electoral organizing.”

She was a loving mole, lol

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

This is classically how the system corrupts people. Thanks to your paycheck or whatever else you decide its better for you to be there and wait for a better season than stick to your guns and perish. Such begins the long devolution from human to 'politician'.

People call you out on it and deep down you know they have a point so you lash out at them and ironically accelerate your own corruption.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Grapplejack posted:

leftists like to blame the CIA for everything but the CIA is more like mr bean as a US agency than some house of cards style shadow program, all they've done over the past 20+ years is gently caress everything they do up

remember when they got all of their chinese agents killed because they had their spies go to cia.gov to check in

Nice try CIA

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Crazypoops posted:

Okay stop me cspam I'm like one more cia agent from believing in q

Remember how in the 1940s an american submarine popped up to rescue one solitary crew member from a bunch of planes that got shot down? Everyone else got killed by their japanese captors (some cannibalized which came out during a war crime trial)

The rescued guy? The future head of the cia george h.w. bush

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

leftists like to blame the CIA for everything but the CIA is more like mr bean as a US agency than some house of cards style shadow program, all they've done over the past 20+ years is gently caress everything they do up

remember when they got all of their chinese agents killed because they had their spies go to cia.gov to check in

there have been some immensely successful CIA operations that occasionally surface. it is amusing to talk about the failures but there are some big time operations that they have pulled down.

slipping poisoned computer code into Soviet computer systems and making pipelines go bang is a good one.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

Remember how in the 1940s an american submarine popped up to rescue one solitary crew member from a bunch of planes that got shot down? Everyone else got killed by their japanese captors (some cannibalized which came out during a war crime trial)

The rescued guy? The future head of the cia george h.w. bush

it would have owned if they just stayed under

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/US_Stratcom/status/1376320392885891078

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

lol shut up moron

the cia has done more successful coups than you can imagine

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Do CIA agents have time to post on reddit asking how to increase their LoL rating?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

lmao

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

bedpan posted:

there have been some immensely successful CIA operations that occasionally surface. it is amusing to talk about the failures but there are some big time operations that they have pulled down.

slipping poisoned computer code into Soviet computer systems and making pipelines go bang is a good one.

Either

The CIA has gotten so spectacularly successful that we never hear of their more recent successes and their massive public failures like Venezuela, Bolivia, and China are hiccups.

or

They've sank into incompetence like the rest of the federal government.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I stopped posting DNC grift emails for a while because they got boring but they're back baby

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

this can only mean good things!

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Either

The CIA has gotten so spectacularly successful that we never hear of their more recent successes and their massive public failures like Venezuela, Bolivia, and China are hiccups.

or

They've sank into incompetence like the rest of the federal government.

the recent successes like brazil and honduras and guatemala and colombia and egypt and haiti?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/ebaylia/status/1376326328086106118?s=19

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Like 10% into the Cia gently caress up history book and holy gently caress. morons.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/OhGreatNowWhat1/status/1376321065526427648?s=19

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

is pepsi ok posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone use the term Occam's Razor correctly on the internet

Don't worry, occam's razor says that eventually someone will

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

In an action movie, this would mean two people are fighting each other in front of a computer with Twitter pulled up, the stakes being a message about to go out, and one of them is just pounding the other one into the keyboard

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

this is correct

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the CIA is still mad it couldnt kill Castro and is taking it out on everyone else smh.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Correct, taxes don't fund the government #mmt

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Dang, and here I am being gay for free like a sucker

If youre good at it never do it for free

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

When you're trying to log in to launch a missile but accidentally post on twitter. Relatable mistake.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

we were going to buy another plane but looks like amazon didn't pay enough taxes oh well maybe next year

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Legacy of Ashes is pretty succ in that it glosses over the successful extraction of nazis from Europe and mass exterminations in the Third World.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Atrocious Joe posted:

Legacy of Ashes is pretty succ in that it glosses over the successful extraction of nazis from Europe and mass exterminations in the Third World.

Oh God I don't even imagine this book covers half of it.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

If you want to talk about genocide denial, "LOL the CIA is incompetent" is pretty egregious.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
They murdered the poo poo out of a ton of people. It wasn't incompetence. It was monstrous. Allen dullas just throwing bodies at everything is hosed.

And Wisner. And Smith. All those fucks should have been hanged for war crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1376312419404935172

Speaking of CIA